• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

My number came out in this week's visa bulletin i.e it got current for april. So what u guys think, can i go head and file my aos application or its better to wait till april. Are there ny ppl out here who filed the aos earlier(when it shows in the visa bulletin) and still got thru everything smoothly!!

N i got another question. Now the number got current so is there still chance of ending up with nothing??

Thanks Houselight75.
I think I'll follow your advice and file the package next week. Now, I have another question. When I got my first NL, I was so confused and I had no idea what to do. So, in June, a week after I got the NL, I had my medical exam done. Should I redo the meds before I send the AOS package? There is the possibility that I won't get to the interview before June, even though my nr is current in April. Or can I wait and see when my interview date will be and then do new medical exam to take to the interview?

Thank you.

Thanks again i2009.
Now that I want to send my AOS package, I discover that so many things are unclear and that I have so many questions to ask.

guys, need help,

I try to check my case status online but it says - it can not be found, and my reciept number begins with MSC-10-xxx-xxxxx. On the USCIS website it's written that the case should begins with EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC.
What does it mean???? Now, I worry about this.

MSC10xxxxxxx....you shouldn't put any other signs in there other than the MSC and the #....The website is pourly maintained and for my friends case it was only stating the case had arrived after she did biometrics...Tomorrow is her interview and nothing new is on the website...

Wooohooooo..!!!

I received my Green Card today!!!!!!!! I compare this emotion to the one I felt when I got the NL from KCC last April... Praise the Lord for his favors and mercy!!
Que bien chamo..!!!!

Congratulations..!!!! I guess your Superbowl weekend was all celebration :D

guys, need help,

I try to check my case status online but it says - it can not be found, and my reciept number begins with MSC-10-xxx-xxxxx. On the USCIS website it's written that the case should begins with EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC.
What does it mean???? Now, I worry about this.

Hello middle.com,

Don't be worry about this. MSC stands for Missouri Service Center and is a valid prefix for the receipt number. Unfortunately the web site data is not updated sometimes. My case still shows as "Acceptance" even though it should be in "Testing and Interview". My Advance Parole have been approved and mailed and still shows as "Initial Review".

You can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and ask them to include your case in the web site.

Good luck

Hello bentlebee,

Good luck to your friend tomorrow in her interview. I hope everything goes well for her.

Thanks again i2009.
Now that I want to send my AOS package, I discover that so many things are unclear and that I have so many questions to ask.

Hello x2010x,

Just be calm, it is a matter of filling all the forms and attach the corresponding documentation. I am sure that most of your questions could be answered in this forum. Don't hesitate to ask.

As for your medical exam, results of the medical examination are valid for 1 year before you file I-485. After you file I-485, they are valid forever as long as I-485 is pending. The source of this information is here

Good luck

Thanks Houselight75.
I think I'll follow your advice and file the package next week. Now, I have another question. When I got my first NL, I was so confused and I had no idea what to do. So, in June, a week after I got the NL, I had my medical exam done. Should I redo the meds before I send the AOS package? There is the possibility that I won't get to the interview before June, even though my nr is current in April. Or can I wait and see when my interview date will be and then do new medical exam to take to the interview?

i don't think it's neccessary to do another medical exam because you still have more time until your Medcail exapired in June]\
Sio don't worry about that

I went there today and they told me that my case is being processed by a Supervisor ... And i should wait for my card in mail or they gonna send me a letter ... That's all that she told me !!!

What does this mean? Is this normal :(?

What does the supervisor do?

Hi Linda,

Supervisor could actually be the IO handling your case. Did you try to request to meet the supervisor for more info on your case? Could they tell you if you interview letter has been generated or not yet (as it has been filed since Oct and that you may be worried it got lost in the mail)? I agree with i2009, wait for a week and schedule another infopass if you don't get anything in the mail. Hope you hear something very soon. All the best.

Sorry guys, was away for a couple of days and didn't get a chance to check the forum. So much has been happening.

12009 and others, thanks for doing a great job of answering others' questions.

VZLA, Congratulations!!! Journey is over, I'm very happy for you.

Who has an interview this week? There are so many interviews! This is great! All the best to those with interviews comign up!

Linda, Sorry you didnt get a definite answer at your Infopass, but atleast someone is working on your case! What if you get your card without an interview??? Imagine that!!! Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed, you never now. Hope you hear from them soon.

I am getting more and more anxious about this process...my biometrix was now 4 weeks ago...I called the FBI but didn't get through but left a number for them to call me back (remains to be seen)...also called the USCIS hotline to inquire some info but all what the computer told me that my case is being handled in Lee Summit Missouri and that they received my fingerprint fee...
Does anyone know why Lee Summit is involved here??? Also, I remember that the local USCIS office has to order my file from KCC, does anyone know when and how this is supposed to happen...I scheduled a infopass for Thursday, any suggestions what are the best questions to ask to get the most of info???
Thanks, Thomen

I am getting more and more anxious about this process...my biometrix was now 4 weeks ago...I called the FBI but didn't get through but left a number for them to call me back (remains to be seen)...also called the USCIS hotline to inquire some info but all what the computer told me that my case is being handled in Lee Summit Missouri and that they received my fingerprint fee...
Does anyone know why Lee Summit is involved here??? Also, I remember that the local USCIS office has to order my file from KCC, does anyone know when and how this is supposed to happen...I scheduled a infopass for Thursday, any suggestions what are the best questions to ask to get the most of info???
Thanks, Thomen

Hello thomen,

Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. I did the same calling the USCIS hotline (many times) only for them to read me what was shown in the online case status website which was not updated. It is so frustrating not knowing where our cases are or what step are they in.

The Lee Summit is the National Benefits Center (aka Missouri Service Center). It is where the package is sent from the Chicago Lockbox for initial processing.

What I did is calling the KCC and ask them if my case was requested by the USCIS. They told me that they did and that they mailed it to the USCIS Field Office so I assumed that my case wasn't in Missouri any more as opposed to what the case status said. Anyway, the KCC confirmed that they mailed my file to the USCIS Field Office on 12/02/09 and my interview letter arrived on 01/29/10.

I see that it is almost 2 months since you sent your package, where is your location?

I think that you should ask where your case is being processed and if your name check was clear and, of course, if they know when the interview letter would be mailed.

Hang in there and best of luck!

Hi Bentlebee

Good luck to your friend tommorow.........It is big day, Are you going with Her ? hope you/ she share the interview.

Thank you guys for the replies!!!

So, does everybody has the reciept numbers which begin MSC? What does it depend on?