• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hello all,
I just arrived home and I have positive feelings about my interview. I was hoping to get a decision but I have to wait. At the end the officer said everything was fine but he had to wait for the visa no. I told him that our case no became current in October. He said everything was fine but if he needed anything he would contact us otherwise we should be getting our cards in the mail soon.
Interview time 12:30 and 1 pm. We were there 5 minutes before 12. By the time we were called (we were called together) it was 1:30. and by 1:50 pm our interview was over.
I was well prepared. The only documents he asked for was our id's and passport (travel documents). He did not bother to check any other documents at all. He also asked for the I-94 cos I did not have my original one in my passport. When I had changed my status I had to submit my original. But I had the copy and I had my new one. Those were the only documents he looked at.
The questions were rather simple. I was first cos I was the principal applicant. He basically verified the I-485 forms. He started by asking my name, my address, my SSN, verified both my parents first names only. Since I was a J1 first he asked me what I did. Also asked me if I had left the country after I arrived here in December 2005. I said no. He asked about the J1 waiver and I said I had that and he said he say the copy in the application. He asked me how long I had been in my present address. The he said what I was studying now.
Then he verified the I-485 for my spouse. He basically just asked her the same name the address and other stuffs from I-485. Have you ever bla. bla. bla and all she had to say was no for all those questions.
He did not ask for any documents to show that the marriage was a legitimate (photo's, bank statements, marriage certificate). I guess the copy of the marriage certificate which I had sent to Chicago was good enough for him. Her interview lasted for just 5 minutes.
By the way he was aware that our case was a DV case cos I could see a piece of paper in his file saying diversity visa and he was just following the steps. After the interview was over he said everything was good and the papers were sufficient. He said he would check the visa number and if available he said he would decide. Once he decides he said it would take about 3 weeks and I should get my card. He also mentioned that my card number would be 6 and my wife's would be 7. He said that he should get it in the mail. When I said how long is it going to take he did not say exactly how long. All he said was once he decided it would take 3 weeks. He also said that if he needed anything he would contact me.
So that was our interview. I was hoping to get approved right there but I am fine if I have to wait for few weeks. I also checked the USCIS website to see if there were any updates but nothing yet. I am relieved that the interview is over; few more weeks and we are hoping to get our cards. I am going to be checking my mail often starting next week.
The wait is almost over. I happy but I would have been happier if the decision was made today. I know it's just a matter of 2-3 weeks now.

Congratulations simpleman. This is great news!

Updates on our I-765 and I-131.
I got 4 text messages and 4 email updates.
Our I-765 is approved and documents production ordered.
I-131 also approved.
But both our I-485 still in acceptance stage even after the interview. That should change soon.

Congratulation on a good interview Simple man. We are very happy for you. Wonder why the IO said that he has to check for the visa no. I understand that our case files are not forwarded to the field office unless a visa number is available! So he should just be able to pull one and finish it. I guess he was running behind schedule and that is why he didn't do it at that time. Anyways, it is a relief that everything went good. Sleep well.:)

Congratulation on a good interview Simple man. We are very happy for you. Wonder why the IO said that he has to check for the visa no. I understand that our case files are not forwarded to the field office unless a visa number is available! So he should just be able to pull one and finish it. I guess he was running behind schedule and that is why he didn't do it at that time. Anyways, it is a relief that everything went good. Sleep well.:)

cooldude, you know that those people do not understand our stress. That officer knows that a visa is availabale for him but that is their way to make us think a lot.
Simpleman is good to go. Bravo again!!!!!!

I know from previous year thread that the principal applicant has at times the category DV6 and the spouse has the category DV7. I got confused when the "card #" was mentioned. DV6 and DV7 are different categories based on the region you applied from ... etc. May be simple man can clarify what the IO was trying to refer to.

Congrats Simpleman !!!

It seems that you will get it. He wouldn't have told you what your card # would be if he was not planning on approving it.

By the way did you ever send in any affidavit of support or any financial info, tax returns or pay stubs with your initial package that you sent ?

I know from previous year thread that the principal applicant has at times the category DV6 and the spouse has the category DV7. I got confused when the "card #" was mentioned. DV6 and DV7 are different categories based on the region you applied from ... etc. May be simple man can clarify what the IO was trying to refer to.

Following is how the DV GC Class of admission (it appears on your card) is assigned;

Principals, new arrivals (DV1)
Principals, adjustments (DV6) .
Spouses of DV1 or DV6, new arrivals (DV2)
Spouses of DV1 or DV6, adjustments (DV7)
Children of DV1 or DV6, new arrivals (DV3)
Children of DV1 or DV6, adjustments (DV8)

Source:
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/yearbook/2003/2003IMMtables.pdf
(Page 14)

For more yearly data see:
http://www.dhs.gov/files/statistics/publications/yearbook.shtm

Thanks NuvF for sharing the info

Following is how the GC Class of admission (it appears on your card) is assigned;

Simpleman what about your case status online. Did it change? I mean does the date on it change?

For I-485, last updated date was the the date following our Biometrics; Nov 3rd and 4th but it still says acceptance.

I-765 and I-131 approved after the interview.

Following is how the DV GC Class of admission (it appears on your card) is assigned;

Source:
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/yearbook/2003/2003IMMtables.pdf
(Page 14)

This makes sense now. I am sure he meant DV6 for me and DV7 for my spouse. All I could remember was number 6 for me and number 7 for my wife.
I am certain that our case will be approved and we will get our cards soon.

Cheers

Congratulation Simple man.
What is AP when you said your AP is approved?

No, He checked my passport my I-94 and gave it back without stamping.
Regarding the number I am assuming that since I was the applicant, mine will end in 6 and my wife's will end in 7. I don't know what significance it has. I hope I will find out soon.

Congrats for the positive interview you had and hopefully your cards will be in the mail soon so you can do your victory dance!:)

At last, my checks are cashed :) i was really stressed bcs of the first rejection but thank God. I should be getting NOA's either today or monday. Thx guys for your helps

Hello all,
I just arrived home and I have positive feelings about my interview. I was hoping to get a decision but I have to wait. At the end the officer said everything was fine but he had to wait for the visa no. I told him that our case no became current in October. He said everything was fine but if he needed anything he would contact us otherwise we should be getting our cards in the mail soon.
Interview time 12:30 and 1 pm. We were there 5 minutes before 12. By the time we were called (we were called together) it was 1:30. and by 1:50 pm our interview was over.
I was well prepared. The only documents he asked for was our id's and passport (travel documents). He did not bother to check any other documents at all. He also asked for the I-94 cos I did not have my original one in my passport. When I had changed my status I had to submit my original. But I had the copy and I had my new one. Those were the only documents he looked at.
The questions were rather simple. I was first cos I was the principal applicant. He basically verified the I-485 forms. He started by asking my name, my address, my SSN, verified both my parents first names only. Since I was a J1 when I entered US, he asked me what I did. Also asked me if I had left the country after I arrived here in December 2005. I said no. He asked about the J1 waiver and I said I had that and he said he saw the copy in the application. He asked me how long I had been in my present address. The he asked what I was studying now.
Then he verified the I-485 for my spouse. He basically just asked her the same; name, the address and other stuffs from I-485. Have you ever bla. bla. bla and all she had to say was no for all those questions.
He did not ask for any documents to show that the marriage was a legitimate (photo's, bank statements, marriage certificate). I guess the copy of the marriage certificate which I had sent to Chicago was good enough for him. Her interview lasted for just 5 minutes.
By the way he was aware that our case was a DV case cos I could see a piece of paper in his file saying diversity visa and he was just following the steps. After the interview was over he said everything was good and the papers were sufficient. He said he would check the visa number and if available he said he would decide. Once he decides he said it would take about 3 weeks and I should get my card. He also mentioned that my card number would be 6 and my wife's would be 7. He said that he should get it in the mail. When I said how long is it going to take he did not say exactly how long. All he said was once he decided it would take 3 weeks. He also said that if he needed anything he would contact me.
So that was our interview. I was hoping to get approved right there but I am fine if I have to wait for few weeks. I also checked the USCIS website to see if there were any updates but nothing yet. I am relieved that the interview is over; few more weeks and we are hoping to get our cards. I am going to be checking my mail often starting next week.
The wait is almost over. I happy but I would have been happier if the decision was made today. I know it's just a matter of 2-3 weeks now.

Congratulations Simple Man, i hope you will be getting your GC soon :))

At last, my checks are cashed :) i was really stressed bcs of the first rejection but thank God. I should be getting NOA's either today or monday. Thx guys for your helps

Great to hear that your checks have been cashed. I was wondering about your application.

You should receive your NOAs really soon.

Good luck!