• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Ice Man,

Just curious…what is your EAD starting date? From what date to what date it is valid?
Best of luck to all of you guys!!

Marley,
Looks like your local office is Chicago which is also mine. I wonder, have you received the interview letter? I am judging from your signature that you have not, but I was hoping that maybe you did not update it. I do not expect to get mine before you get yours.

After interview

Hi all,

I knew that all of you are very interested to hear from me.
I have two bad news.

At the beginning, it seemed easy. They ask some question about I-94 (when is last entry date in U.S) and some information in I-485 ( name, brithday, mother's name and father's name).

My husband is primiary applicant for DV lottery. The officer said that my his case file is not arrived in Tucson office yet. Even thought we had the interview, he still need to wait case file arriving in Tucson from Vermont office. After they receive the case file, they will process to issue the GC for my husband only. The officer said she expect to have it within two weeks and another three weeks for issuing GC for him

Question 1) We send our application to Chicago office. What the Vermont office will do for this case and what kind of documents Tucson office expect to get case file from Vermont?

In my case is more miserable. My fingerprint check from FBI came out positive. The officer ask me do i know the reason. I swear I have nothing to make it positive. I had some difficulty reconize my fingerprint in the airport immigration once. I asked the officer and she said it may not be the reason. So she said she need to investgate why it came out positive and it will take a long time. So My case is pending and i don't know how long it will take.

What i want to say here is that don't worry if you don't received your interview letter yet. It will be better you have the interview after your case file is arrived so you can expect to have a successful interview.

Question 2) Any one have an idea what is the fingerprint positive means and how long it will take?

-------------------------------------------
CN : 2010EU00007xxx. (Tucson, AZ)
06/20/2009 : First NL from KCC
07/20/2009 : Medical exam is done and we paid $165*2(+100 extra) for two
08/26/2009 : DS122 and bar code to KCC.
08/26/2009 : Check ($350*2) to DOS
09/02/2009 : DV fee receipt arrived from DOS
09/10/2009 : Second NL arrived from KCC
10/01/2009 : My number is current in October
10/05/2009 : AOS package delivered in Chicago
10/14/2009 : Checks cashed out ($ 1010*2 for two)
10/19/2009 : NOA (I-485, I-765) received dated on 10/14/2009
10/28/2009 : Received code 3 biometric (Nov.5th) and interview (Nov.17th) letter, dated on 10/27/2008
11/05/2009 : Biometric complete
11/17/2009 : Interview complete but still pending

Actually, i believe it was a mistake on the adjudicators part he/she sent me a RFE for relative based petitions not I-134, i responed and now they have moved and continue working on my case.

It was updated the day after biometrics, and the day after that and today as well. i have noticed a steady LUD change on my case. so I guess it means that they are working on it even after the biometrics.

I still believe i will have to bring an affadavit, based on what i have read on post, I do plan on filling one out ASAP just to be on the safe side.

Blessings to all!

Thanks for your support Lucky, Daima and I have our interviews next week. Hani and Simpleman have it this week. Good luck to all.

Had a question for you. Did you happen to send any financial support documents to USCIS when you sent your AOS application to Chicago like an employment letter if you are working part-time or bank statements? I was wondering why they asked you for an Affidavit of Support! They didn't ask me. I did send the part-time employment letter. Just curious. Also, which is your field office?

I agree but...

The bottom line is that they are working on the case. They need to work on cases to have them approve for interviews. Some, like Daima have not seen any LUD change- but remember they got their interiews even before biometrics, all she needs to do now is interview!!! yeah!!! Since my case is not scheduled yet for interview i depend on knowing that it is being processed. Cant wait.

I believe someone is geeting the card producion ordered!!! congratulations:D
I think nnffme is right !!
Our LUD changed the day of the biometrics and a week later i had the EAD and AP in the mail. We are still waiting for the interview letter. So i guess they have nothing to do with each other.

Good luck Hani and Simpleman this week with your interviews.

Hi all,

I have two bad news.

At the beginning, it seemed easy. They ask some question about I-94 (when is last entry date in U.S) and some information in I-485 ( name, brithday, mother's name and father's name).

My husband is primiary applicant for DV lottery. The officer said that my his case file is not arrived in Tucson office yet. Even thought we had the interview, he still need to wait case file arriving in Tucson from Vermont office. After they receive the case file, they will process to issue the GC for my husband only. The officer said she expect to have it within two weeks and another three weeks for issuing GC for him

Question 1) We send our application to Chicago office. What the Vermont office will do for this case and what kind of documents Tucson office expect to get case file from Vermont?

In my case is more miserable. My fingerprint check from FBI came out positive. The officer ask me do i know the reason. I swear I have nothing to make it positive. I had some difficulty reconize my fingerprint in the airport immigration once. I asked the officer and she said it may not be the reason. So she said she need to investgate why it came out positive and it will take a long time. So My case is pending and i don't know how long it will take.

What i want to say here is that don't worry if you don't received your interview letter yet. It will be better you have the interview after your case file is arrived so you can expect to have a successful interview.

Question 2) Any one have an idea what is the fingerprint positive means and how long it will take?

10/28/2009 : Received code 3 biometric (Nov.5th) and interview (Nov.17th) letter, dated on 10/27/2008
Dear Hani,
I am so sorry about what happened today. FBI has a new (and fast) system for reporting to USCIS and well, it might not be very reliable. They must have made a mistake somewhere. What did you mean by saying that you "had some difficulty recognize my fingerprint in the airport immigration once" ?
My other question for you, is whether you have had any issues at the airports lately? We know there is a "watch list" with more than a million names on it. You will have difficulties getting on board if your name's on the list. Have you every traveled by plane in the US? Did you have any problems getting on board?
On the bright side, your husband's GC is coming. That's something to be excited about.
I'll hope that your case becomes clear soon.

Hi hani!!

Lets hope that it will all be resolved swiftly. So gladd to hear from you before I run to class!

Clearly if you know u obviously dont have a record, you will be fine- trust in your knowing of that fact. Its great that your husband will be getting his soon.

Blessings,

So your AOS package was not completely recieved by the interviewer at the time of the interview?

Hi all,

I have two bad news.

Hi all,

I have two bad news.

I am so sorry Hani. I believe that your husband will have the green card in 2 weeks. However, they really need to check back for your fingerprint. I think you can verify it with the FBI itself. Like I say, I am not worrying for your husband's green card. I am just worrying about you not getting your background clear. Try to call FBI

About three years ago, I went to Germany with my husband.
There was no problem on board. When I arrive in Dallas airport, and pass through the airport immigration, the officer took my fingerprint and also compare it with old history. Another officer came and bring be another office.
In that office, around 10 people was waiting like me. I was just waiting 20 min and they bring my passport back and they explained that fingerprint was not match previous one but now it is ok. That was the happening and that was it. I don't think it is anyhow related with FBI result. I don't know.

Dear Hani,
I am so sorry about what happened today. FBI has a new (and fast) system for reporting to USCIS and well, it might not be very reliable. They must have made a mistake somewhere. What did you mean by saying that you "had some difficulty recognize my fingerprint in the airport immigration once" ?
My other question for you, is whether you have had any issues at the airports lately? We know there is a "watch list" with more than a million names on it. You will have difficulties getting on board if your name's on the list. Have you every traveled by plane in the US? Did you have any problems getting on board?
On the bright side, your husband's GC is coming. That's something to be excited about.
I'll hope that your case becomes clear soon.

Hi all,

I have two bad news.

Hello Hani,

So sorry to hear about your experience. I have read that often people come out of the interviews with the feeling that they don't know if they should be happy, worried, etc.

Q1) Do you, or your husband, have another AOS application that is pending? If that's the case, maybe the pending application is in Vermont and they need to consolidate all the applications in one before they could approve your case.

Q2) I understand that the fingerprint process is run by the FBI (and I think that there are other officers involved as well). If your name pops up on their system they need to have an officer to verify your data. The name check was a real problem in the past but they say that now the process is quick. If they take more than 20 days you should contact a senator to have them accelerate your case.

You can find information about the name check here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/security_checks_42506.pdf

Also, I read in previous years forums that you should be able to call the FBI and ask them if they processed your case. They will not give you the result but they could tell you if they have returned your case to the USCIS.

This other site might be of interest:
http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/contact-uscis-fbi.php

Again, I am sorry to hear about your experience but I am positive that everything will be alright.

Hani don't worry! I am pretty sure that after a couple of days you will get the "Welcome letter"! None of the people in the past years got a positive answer from the interview.

I am pretty worried about my interview letter! I hope it comes fast....!

Hi Hani,

I'm also sorry to hear what happened...very sloppy for USCIS not to have your case ready before your interview date...

If you really have done nothing wrong, you should be fine. Did you bring a police report from where you live?

I agreewith the previous poster to contact either a State Senator'soffice or a lawyer altough that might cost you some money but can help you get it sooner than going on your own and it might be worth doing so...you don't want to end up waiting too long.

Maybe in 2 weeks you will get the welcome letter and things are solved but I understand it is a lot of stress and not as you had hoped it would go...

I wonder how others will experience the interview...

Diddn't they ask for proof of funding, job, etc...or did you have it all with you?

:)

Hi all,

I have two bad news.

Hi Hani,

So sorry to hear about your interview. But I think everything will be sorted out, it's just a matter of time. As far as your fingerprints, I think it's just a misunderstanding, I hope they sort it out soon.

Don't worry, I know it's not the outcome that you hoped for.....but it'll be ok.

We are here for support.

Hi Hani,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience and pray that everything resolves for you and that you soon get the green card too along with your husband. I think it would be best as the previous post mentioned to contact your senator or house representative to get things expedited. Before you call the senator, try to contact the FBI and get local police reports just in case. Try to send the police reports to the senator to show there are no problems. Usually when there is any kind of a "positive" hit somebody has to manually check the file and that process at times takes time. So keep praying and keep pursuing so that things keep moving. All the best.

Hi Hani,

I don't really know why the file would be in the Vermont office. I would have thought that your service center would have been the Texas Service Center as it would probably be close to AZ! I know that the National Benefits Center gets the initial process of background started and then it forwards the file to the field office, which then generates the interview appointment. I have no idea why they would generate an interview letter without having the file in the first place.

For the positive on the fingerprint, it would imply that there is a match in the FBI records to the fingerprint (meaning that the algorithm they used to match your fingerprint to the database for background check turned up as a possibility of a match). But it could be a false positive as it is not 100% without errors. So do call the FBI to clarify. Good luck.

About three years ago, I went to Germany with my husband.
There was no problem on board. When I arrive in Dallas airport, and pass through the airport immigration, the officer took my fingerprint and also compare it with old history. Another officer came and bring be another office.
In that office, around 10 people was waiting like me. I was just waiting 20 min and they bring my passport back and they explained that fingerprint was not match previous one but now it is ok. That was the happening and that was it. I don't think it is anyhow related with FBI result. I don't know.

This may sure be an isolated case where a 'glitch' in the automated system needs to be attended by an entity with a 'pulse' the old fashioned way ! So you just need to hang on there for sometime Hani19, and you know that the time is on your side (but, yeah not your nerve though, everyone understand that !)

Anyways, the horror stories with regards to 'name check' aspect of i-485 are almost non heard of nowadays as compared to what is found on past 'archived' DV forums!! (or other types of GC cases in the past)

I suggest that those of you who are just counting your days to send in the i-485s in few months time, consider ordering your own background report from the FBI. It doesn't hurt anything....just $18. I think those of you whose numbers are really high would definitely want to consider it.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

The results will help to reassure yourself or you can find and fix any glitches beforehand. My understanding is that this record is a major component of what the USCIS gets as part of their automated 'National Name Check and Clearance Program' for i-485 applications.

Good Luck !

Hi all,

I have two bad news.

Hani,
In your fingerprinting appointment, did they use ink or was it electronically? I read somewhere that the fingerprinting by ink could be problematic.

Hani,
In your fingerprinting appointment, did they use ink or was it electronically? I read somewhere that the fingerprinting by ink could be problematic.

Wonder if they still use ink for fingerprinting! Why would they do that? If they use ink, they would then have to mail the records and it will take longer time for processing the background checks. Did anyone experience ink for fingerprinting amongst those who had biometrics?

Hi all,

I would like to ask you guys a few question.

1. I've been relationship with my girlfriend almost 5 years but we don't have marry yet. In this case, can I apply for her as my fiance? But I send $375 fees for myself and got receipt already. What should I have to do in this situation?

2. I do AOS as F-1. Which form should I have to submit along with I-485?
For the $1010 fees, should I send it via the package to the Chicago?

Thanks for your time and good luck to everybody.

Regards,
Zimboho

Congratulations Gatorchess

So we see some things are moving along!!! This is something to be happy about.

So I guess your I-765 status moved to card production ordered right? what about you I-485, any LUDs or status change?

upd: EAD production ordered