• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I just called the NCSC to inquiry if we didn't receive my daughter's fingerprint appointment because she doesn't need it (she is under 14) or because there was something wrong. I spent like an hour on the phone and I kind of have that feeling that I am not 100% sure of their answer.

I did an infopass today and went to USCIS office to ask about interview appointment. I was told that it is still too early to get interview appointments even for those who filed early October. The lady even did not believe me when I told her some people have already recieved their appointments. I lost 2 hours and 90 miles worth of gas.

I did an infopass today and went to USCIS office to ask about interview appointment. I was told that it is still too early to get interview appointments even for those who filed early October. The lady even did not believe me when I told her some people have already recieved their appointments. I lost 2 hours and 90 miles worth of gas.

Wow...that is a long wait while others already had their interviews scheduled or have had them...which city is your USCIS office located?

For Tampa they are saying it is a 4 month waiting period, although DV could be moving faster "if" USCIS not forget to mark it as a DV case, otherwise your case might be in between other cases...

I also had an infopass today. No results. "We have 90 days to process your EAD and AP. You should also get your interview appointment within this time-frame. Please call us otherwise" - was all I was told...

Valid passport

First find out how long your emabassy will take to renew your passport.
Next photocopy the two pages that have your photo ID and background information: age, name etc.
Since your number is current in Feb. or March you will at the time of your interview need a valid passport!

If you do not have a valid passport to photocopy before you send in your AOS package send a photocopy of the old one. BUT mke sure that if YOU DO HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO RENEW- do so and send an updated valid photo copy.

JUSt BE on the safe side- copy the one u have now and go to renew at your embassy!!

You should include a valid passport. It should not take more than 3 weeks to send the old one to your embassy or consulate in the US and get the new one mailed to you, but i would advice you get started on it immediately. Check your embassy's website for details on how they handle a renewal and proceed. Good luck.

Hani and cooldude

Congratulations and good luck to Hani and CoolDude!!!!
Be happy, and think positively!

Im checking my mail box hoping that my interview comes today. I noted that there has been Lat Update Date changes to my case- even on Veterans day, after my biometrics.

Its on its way....:)

BLESSINGS

Hi all,

Thanks for your support.
My interview is next Tuesday. So excited and also little nervous.
I hope everything goes well.
I promise that I will post it after my interview.

Thanks again and good luck for your case too.

Thanks for your support

Thanks for your support Lucky, Daima and I have our interviews next week. Hani and Simpleman have it this week. Good luck to all.

Had a question for you. Did you happen to send any financial support documents to USCIS when you sent your AOS application to Chicago like an employment letter if you are working part-time or bank statements? I was wondering why they asked you for an Affidavit of Support! They didn't ask me. I did send the part-time employment letter. Just curious. Also, which is your field office?

Im checking my mail box hoping that my interview comes today. I noted that there has been Lat Update Date changes to my case- even on Veterans day, after my biometrics.

BLESSINGS

BLESSINGS

The last update date on USCIS website changes after you did the biometrics. I am not sure what it means but it has to do something with the biometrics itself not the interview. I think that date changes for everybody after the biometrics appointment, regardless of when they get the interview notice. Correct me if I am wrong.

The last update date on USCIS website changes after you did the biometrics. I am not sure what it means but it has to do something with the biometrics itself not the interview. I think that date changes for everybody after the biometrics appointment, regardless of when they get the interview notice. Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't understand how it works, mine hasn't changed. Last Update was 10/19 when the checks were cashed.

I think nnffme is right !!
Our LUD changed the day of the biometrics and a week later i had the EAD and AP in the mail. We are still waiting for the interview letter. So i guess they have nothing to do with each other.

Good luck Hani and Simpleman this week with your interviews.

Hey, This is my first post on this thread, but i have been reading it all along. I thought i should join to keep everyone updated on my case too.

I just received my EAD card and ADVANCE PAROLE in the mail, but for some reason my wife "which is the main applicant" still did not recieve her's. i checked her case status online and it still says "initial review" for both of them. i called the USCIS # and as usual they are of no help at all, it is like talking to a machine.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US

Ice Man,

Just curious…what is your EAD starting date? From what date to what date it is valid?
Best of luck to all of you guys!!

Ice Man,

Just curious…what is your EAD starting date? From what date to what date it is valid?
Best of luck to all of you guys!!

Hey Marley,
The EAD card is valid for 1 year starting 11/3/09 which is the day after i did the biometrics

I got my Interview letter already. the interview date is 12/16/2009
is there any one share the interview letter.
in the letter it said Please comply with the below checked instructions
X) Furnish original proof of the paid required fee of 375 to department of state
X) Furnish an original certified copy of birth and marriage certificate
X) IF you have ever been arrested, provide the related police report and the original or certified Final Court disposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. IF no court record is available, provide an original letter from the court with Jurisdiction indicating this
X) Provide the original award letter from the department of state, Kentucky Consular Center
X) Furnish proof of eligibility for section 245(I)( Properly filed and accepted I-130/I-140 or labor certification filed on or before April 30, 2001 and proof of physical presence in the United States on December 21, 2000)(if applicable)

X) Please furnish the following on complete the eligibility requirments for your 2009 Diversity Lottery Applicatio
a) Proof that you have a high school diploma equivalent to a 12th year education in the United States.
b) A qualifying job that you have performed, two of the last five years that requies at least two years of training or experience to perfrom(Online.onecenter.org will help you determine if your job qualifies. Your job must be a SV7 or Higher)
X) Furnish an Affidavit of support, Form I-134 with all necessary and supporting financial documents. Please read and follow the instruction carefully and complete all appropriate sections accordingly.
X) furnish proof of legal status in the United states/

Does any one know if the underline are necessary in the case or what ??

Reporting status change

Just received email reporting a status change (I-765 only):
Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 16, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Still waiting for interview appointment

Just received email reporting a status change:

Still waiting for Interview appointment

Wowww my friend!!!! Congratulations!!! Youu got your green card...does it say card production ordered? i think its a green cardddd!!!!! I hope it is thattt!!! Best of luck...I am so happy for you!

Today I signed up for a status update on USCIS page and i see that my last status update was November 6th.. a day next to my fingerprint appointment... !

I2009 yes it was a little complicated today and I did not understand anything i just filled a paper!

Hey Marley,
The EAD card is valid for 1 year starting 11/3/09 which is the day after i did the biometrics

Interesting, my EAD based on my employment application is valid for 2 years. Maybe because the DV is not supposed to take more than a few months?

Just received email reporting a status change:

Still waiting for Interview appointment

Yaku, that seems to be the Green Card :eek: I bet you will be receiving a welcome note soon. Amazing! Congratulations!!!!!

So you got your Green Card without the interview. Did you have another AOS pending besides the DV petition?

Clarifiying

Wowww my friend!!!! Congratulations!!! Youu got your green card...does it say card production ordered? i think its a green cardddd!!!!! I hope it is thattt!!! Best of luck...I am so happy for you!

Emotions are moving us.... I was talking about EAD, look at my signature :eek:

I got my Interview letter already. the interview date is 12/16/2009
is there any one share the interview letter.
in the letter it said Please comply with the below checked instructions
X) Furnish original proof of the paid required fee of 375 to department of state
X) Furnish an original certified copy of birth and marriage certificate
X) IF you have ever been arrested, provide the related police report and the original or certified Final Court disposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. IF no court record is available, provide an original letter from the court with Jurisdiction indicating this
X) Provide the original award letter from the department of state, Kentucky Consular Center
X) Furnish proof of eligibility for section 245(I)( Properly filed and accepted I-130/I-140 or labor certification filed on or before April 30, 2001 and proof of physical presence in the United States on December 21, 2000)(if applicable)

X) Please furnish the following on complete the eligibility requirments for your 2009 Diversity Lottery Applicatio
a) Proof that you have a high school diploma equivalent to a 12th year education in the United States.
b) A qualifying job that you have performed, two of the last five years that requies at least two years of training or experience to perfrom(Online.onecenter.org will help you determine if your job qualifies. Your job must be a SV7 or Higher)
X) Furnish an Affidavit of support, Form I-134 with all necessary and supporting financial documents. Please read and follow the instruction carefully and complete all appropriate sections accordingly.
X) furnish proof of legal status in the United states/

Does any one know if the underline are necessary in the case or what ??

Can anyone share the interview letter?