• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hani19 and simpleman, I just wanted to let you know that we are with you in that stressful period you guys are experiencing because of your interview which are next week ( 17 and 19). Everything will be alright. We will pray for you. Between millions of people who play that DV, if you got it it is because you were meant to have that Green Card.

Good luck to you and your family.

I scheduled an infopass for tomorrow to ask why our interviews are not coming. If you guys have any questions please let me know.

Hi guys,
Question: I expect that my number will be current in February, but my national passport will expire in March, 2010. Do I need a valid national passport for I-485 submission?

Thanks!

Thanks for the link simple man,

Good luck on your interview. Do keep us posted on how it went. By the way, which field office are you going to?

Good luck to Hani19 too. Hani19, which field office is interviewing you?

Good luck to Hani and Simpleman. We are with you!

Hi guys,
Question: I expect that my number will be current in February, but my national passport will expire in March, 2010. Do I need a valid national passport for I-485 submission?

Thanks!

Of course...they need a valid passport...and you need one to enter the US anyway...with at least 6 months on it before it expires...if you travel on a tourist visa...

Do your think they will stamp a passport that is about to expire when you get approved...they probably will tell you (if you get approved) to obtain an new passport and come back for the stamp...so you better get one on time.

Btw...a GC doesn't mean you can apply for citizenship so you need for the next 5 or 6 yrs a new passport from your country anyway...

I scheduled an infopass for tomorrow to ask why our interviews are not coming. If you guys have any questions please let me know.

it is amazing how offices are so differents. I could only schedule an infopass for friday nov 19 when actually you just schedule yours for tomorrow. Please linda555, just let us know what they say. Good luck for tomorrow. I hope they will have good news.

Good luck Hani and Simpleman. Everything will be alright. I can't wait to hear your interview experience.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys!

it is amazing how offices are so differents. I could only schedule an infopass for friday nov 19 when actually you just schedule yours for tomorrow. Please linda555, just let us know what they say. Good luck for tomorrow. I hope they will have good news.

That's true zapatos, the Philadelphia Office is pretty busy but you can schedule an infopass for the next day and sometimes for the same day. It seems that there is not logic in the way these offices behave.

Thank you all for the support. I am a bit nervous but I am positive everything will work out just fine. Will definitely keep you all posted.

Thank you once again.

Thank you all for the support. I am a bit nervous but I am positive everything will work out just fine. Will definitely keep you all posted.

Thank you once again.

Hello Simpleman, I think the tough part is to have an interview appointment, the interview itself is just part of the standard procedure of the AOS adjudication.So just relax and everything is going fine.We ALL are with you !

Based on previous years posts, interview should not be that difficult at all. They basically ask questions just to verify what you have written in your I-485. I hope it's the same in my case too. Few more days and I hope I will be relieved.

Hi guys,

Thanks!

You should include a valid passport. It should not take more than 3 weeks to send the old one to your embassy or consulate in the US and get the new one mailed to you, but i would advice you get started on it immediately. Check your embassy's website for details on how they handle a renewal and proceed. Good luck.

Based on previous years posts, interview should not be that difficult at all. They basically ask questions just to verify what you have written in your I-485. I hope it's the same in my case too. Few more days and I hope I will be relieved.

Good luck simple man, we hope it is an easy one for you, and Thanks for adding your field office in your signature.

Thanks for your support

Hi all,

Thanks for your support.
My interview is next Tuesday. So excited and also little nervous.
I hope everything goes well.
I promise that I will post it after my interview.

Thanks again and good luck for your case too.

I went to the uscis today and i filled a letter saying that what is happening to my case and the officer told me that i have to wait a month now.

Hi all,

Thanks for your support.
My interview is next Tuesday. So excited and also little nervous.
I hope everything goes well.
I promise that I will post it after my interview.

Thanks again and good luck for your case too.

Good Luck and keep us informed :)

I went to the uscis today and i filled a letter saying that what is happening to my case and the officer told me that i have to wait a month now.

Would they not simply inform you if your interview letter had been generated as yet, and when it is generated to which address it will be sent?

I am sorry to hear that they were not very helpful for you. InfoPass is another lottery, sometimes they want to help and sometimes they don't. I wonder if they realize how stressful all of this is for us...

Good luck linda, I hope you get your appointment real soon.