• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

HI DAIMA and SIMPLEMAN, I have my biometrics on the 10th, do you think we might have our interviews in November or early Dec.?

It's a possibility. I think when it comes to the interview it all depends on your Local office. We still haven't received our interview letter as I said earlier. So we just have to sit tight and wait. There's somebody in here who has an interview in December and I think their Biometrics is this month.

Thanks...she got a little nervous when the check was cashed...but I assured her that her papers are all looking fine..just stupid to forget that one box and to me a little bit strange that it matters since all papers are showing she has a case# and won the DV lottery...but of course it is her mistake and although she checked all her papers 3 x this paper was filled out immediately and over looked. She was also caught up in what to fill out with the port of entry...since the last time she entered she went through customs in Ireland which was strange at the time but very convenient but also weird to fill out port of entry as Ireland, which it actually was.

Good Luck with your case and it is so nice to read all the good news most people have:)

Hi Daima,

I already have an interview letter but nothing changed online status.
I never had 'Acceptance', it was always 'Initial Review'.
I check this morning again, it is still the same when I received NOA.
So I think they don't update very open, I read somewhere they update like every two weeks, not sure. DV process is faster then any other case so we can't rely on online update. So don't get depressed if it doesn't change. It doesn't mean anything and your case is in process. Good luck.

Our status page hasn't changed since October 19th, that's when the checks were cashed! and it's still on Acceptance and Initial review just like simpleman's. I've never received any updates either since I signed up! So I guess we shouldn't really rely on that!

Thanks...she got a little nervous when the check was cashed...but I assured her that her papers are all looking fine..just stupid to forget that one box and to me a little bit strange that it matters since all papers are showing she has a case# and won the DV lottery...but of course it is her mistake and although she checked all her papers 3 x this paper was filled out immediately and over looked. She was also caught up in what to fill out with the port of entry...since the last time she entered she went through customs in Ireland which was strange at the time but very convenient but also weird to fill out port of entry as Ireland, which it actually was.

Good Luck with your case and it is so nice to read all the good news most people have:)

Hello bentlebee,

I am sorry to hear that your friend's package was returned. Good news that she got her check cashed now. If you don't mind me ask, what was the box that she forgot to answer? I checked everything 100 times but still I had doubts that everything was right. With so much papers and forms it is very easy to miss something.

I hope her process goes well now

Hi Daima,

I already have an interview letter but nothing changed online status.
I never had 'Acceptance', it was always 'Initial Review'.
I check this morning again, it is still the same when I received NOA.
So I think they don't update very open, I read somewhere they update like every two weeks, not sure. DV process is faster then any other case so we can't rely on online update. So don't get depressed if it doesn't change. It doesn't mean anything and your case is in process. Good luck.

Thanks Hani and Daima, I thought that there was something wrong with the status of my application.

Good luck to all

New user

Hey guys, I have read you for weeks now and I have been trying withou any success to share my experiences with you. I am so happy that I am able to make it today.
There is my journee.

CN 2010AF00012***; current in November; Region: New York City
03/28: NL1 from KCC
04/15: Sent Ds 230 and 122
06/03: KCC sent back the letter and asks for money
06/15: returned letter to KCC with $355 money order
06/30: Kcc returned money order ( wrong amount)
07/08: sent right amount of money ($375)
07/22: form return with a stamp on it.
08/19: paid $200 for medical exams, complete police record in the federal police plaza
09/29: sent docs to Chicago lockbox, priority mail.
10/01 docs received at Chicago
10/13: NOA dated 10/09;
10/22: Biometric letter ( for Nov 5th) dated 10/16
11/02: Biometrics complete, walk in at the ASC center

Waiting for my interview letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, This is my package summary:
form I 485
letters from KCC
passport and I 94 copies
2 photographs
birth certificate and translation ( that I did myself and make it notarized)
medical exams
criminal history
money order $1,010
High School diploma and Associate degree copies

I had to take an infopass last week to submit form G 325A even if they didn't request it. I read that forum and all of ya have submitted it so I decided to do so. The lady was very suprised that I received the NOA and biometrics letters withou those and told me that my package is already in the same office i was ( Federal Plaza building in NYC) and that she will just include it in my file.

Thanks Hani and Daima, I thought that there was something wrong with the status of my application.

Good luck to all

Hi i2009, My status is still on the acceptance. However, my last update date move forward yeaterday from 10/15 to 11/03. I guess because of my biometrics. My thought is that my biometrics are cleared since I did them on the Monday 3rd this month.

Wow, I just saw your signature....so are you in the process of being deported and you won the DV lottery?

Yes Yes it is my sister case.........yes her case is on process deported....she was try to buy some time now her number is current on Nov send motion to court depend on her DV..........we hoping things work for her ,it is hard to find some one has same case like her ,

Yes Yes it is my sister case.........yes her case is on process deported....she was try to buy some time now her number is current on Nov send motion to court depend on her DV..........we hoping things work for her ,it is hard to find some one has same case like her ,

I am sorry for your sister. I do have a question for you. Does USCIS confirmed her eligibility to adjust status or you are going to use immigration court?

Hello bentlebee,

I am sorry to hear that your friend's package was returned. Good news that she got her check cashed now. If you don't mind me ask, what was the box that she forgot to answer? I checked everything 100 times but still I had doubts that everything was right. With so much papers and forms it is very easy to miss something.

I hope her process goes well now

She forgot to fill out part 2 (I-485) in which is asked what the reason for applying is...
She didn't know what to fill out on the port of entry and we discussed it over and over and thought everything else was filled out...we checked all other papers so many times that we overlooked this and USCIS at first also, because they had stamped all papers on the right side, but this papers was by hand crossed out over the stamped part and a paper added with "rejected due to part 2 missed to filled out"...nice that they clearly stated why, because you don't have to search and get too worried.:)

Did she hire a lawyer....might be a good solution to spent some money if the lawyer is stating she has a chance...for $ 350.- the lawyer might be able to shed some light and either give you hope or not...either way is better to know...

I have addressess for a immigration lawyer in NY and Miami and both are great...and we very helpful in the past...I never have met any of them but got my visa every time:), you can do a lot over the phone and by email/fax...

I am sorry for your sister. I do have a question for you. Does USCIS confirmed her eligibility to adjust status or you are going to use immigration court?

Not yet ..........that is the big quetion........ if she is eligibil for change her status but uscis cann't do any thing right now even she cann't sent her packages until the court drop the case first . it is really hard for her after she been here Ten years .

HI DAIMA and SIMPLEMAN, I have my biometrics on the 10th, do you think we might have our interviews in November or early Dec.?

It is very possible that you will have your interview before the end of this year. In my case. I received the biometrics appointment first then and the interview appointment letter within two days. It seems like it all depends upon you local office and their processing.

Not yet ..........that is the big quetion........ if she is eligibil for change her status but uscis cann't do any thing right now even she cann't sent her packages until the court drop the case first . it is really hard for her after she been here Ten years .

I agree with Bentlebee, you do have to consult with a lawyer for that particular case. She might not be eligible for adjustment of status. However, she can pass throught the immigration court with a good lawyer. 10 years here............ What status did she have. I am F1 undergraduate on opt.

Did she hire a lawyer....might be a good solution to spent some money if the lawyer is stating she has a chance...for $ 350.- the lawyer might be able to shed some light and either give you hope or not...either way is better to know...

I have addressess for a immigration lawyer in NY and Miami and both are great...and we very helpful in the past...I never have met any of them but got my visa every time:), you can do a lot over the phone and by email/fax...

Yes she hire big time lawyer from Boston ..............but the judge who hold her case is .......she is so hard woman....... she has little history around boston area.

Bentlebbe i really do not mind if you give my their number the lawyers ....we can call them. we aready called lot lawyers to get more information. some of them never heard that kind of case...........some said she can change her status while she is here..............different information from different lawyer.
You need to have that kind of case to know how it goes........for them too

Thank you ...........Bentlebbe i see you around give good imformation to all

Hi i2009, My status is still on the acceptance. However, my last update date move forward yeaterday from 10/15 to 11/03. I guess because of my biometrics. My thought is that my biometrics are cleared since I did them on the Monday 3rd this month.

Thanks for the information zapatos and all the best with your application.

She forgot to fill out part 2 in which is asked what the reason for applying is...
She didn't know what to fill out on the port of entry and we discussed it over and over and thought everything else was filled out...we checked all other papers so many times that we overlooked this and USCIS at first also, because they had stamped all papers on the right side, but this papers was by hand crossed out over the stamped part and a paper added with "rejected due to part 2 missed to filled out"...nice that they clearly stated why, because you don't have to search and get too worried.:)

Oh! That's too bad that they returned the whole package just because of that box. Some people answer "A" (my case) and some others "H" and they seem to be OK for them. Well, glad to hear that she is back on course!

Good luck

I agree with Bentlebee, you do have to consult with a lawyer for that particular case. She might not be eligible for adjustment of status. However, she can pass throught the immigration court with a good lawyer. 10 years here............ What status did she have. I am F1 undergraduate on opt.

Messed up marriage