• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

BlueT41, you did an incredible job here and the thing with my AOS is already much more clear for me now...however, one thing though...once I've send the forms back to KCC (including DSP and both DS) and indicated BCIS for AOS, where do I get a case number then to check when current????

BlueT41, you did an incredible job here and the thing with my AOS is already much more clear for me now...however, one thing though...once I've send the forms back to KCC (including DSP and both DS) and indicated BCIS for AOS, where do I get a case number then to check when current????

Your case number is already given to you in your NL from KCC. You will wait till your case number gets current, then submit the AOS package to USCIS.

I need some advice and hope you guys can help. I already posted in another thread before I found this one.

I just got my letter today in the mail. I'm in the US legally on F1 visa. My CN is 2010AF00070xxx, which I know is pretty high. I think I'm eligible for AOS but based on my high CN number I'm worried. Based on last year's September bulletin if I'm reading it correctly my number would not even have been current by September :(

So I'm debating if maybe I should just do CP instead of AOS? I hear CP is faster? But not sure how it would work.

Any advice is most welcome!

And Congratulations to all :)

You are right. Your case number is so high. I do not want to scare you guy. I never heard this kind of case before. But if KCC assigns that number for winners so you still have your chance. But it's slim. Anyway I think that more winners will give up this year than ever for DV visas because of bad US economy, Jobless, . . . Many winners can't find qualify sponsors (not enough income) and less jobs for them.
Keep your hope, guy. If you got your now you can got one in the future.

Oh, what is the date on NL and post mark?

Thanks yeah, it's a very high number, makes me sad because i haven't seen such a high one before. Date on NL is May 28 and it's postmarked Jun 8. Is this important in any way? What do you think, should I just go for CP? :(

You are right. Your case number is so high. I do not want to scare you guy. I never heard this kind of case before. But if KCC assigns that number for winners so you still have your chance. But it's slim. Anyway I think that more winners will give up this year than ever for DV visas because of bad US economy, Jobless, . . . Many winners can't find qualify sponsors (not enough income) and less jobs for them.
Keep your hope, guy. If you got your now you can got one in the future.

Oh, what is the date on NL and post mark?

on another issues....about the 375$ processing fee ,
as I understood we are supposed to pay and send the check to St. Louis together with the form "adjustment of status fee payment"...so actually its a processing fee for DoS for the DV Lottery but its named AOS fee...
later, once we submit the I485 application we are supposed to pay 1010$ for AOS...does anyone know if the 375$ is already included in the 1010$ or will the costs at the end total up to 1010$+375$=1385$???

on another issues....about the 375$ processing fee ,
as I understood we are supposed to pay and send the check to St. Louis together with the form "adjustment of status fee payment"...so actually its a processing fee for DoS for the DV Lottery but its named AOS fee...
later, once we submit the I485 application we are supposed to pay 1010$ for AOS...does anyone know if the 375$ is already included in the 1010$ or will the costs at the end total up to 1010$+375$=1385$???

Hello thomen,

The $375 is separate from the $1010. So you'll end up paying when all is done $1385 plus the cost of the medical ($125-$300) depends on where you go. So I'll budget around $1685.

Thanks BlueT41...there comes quite something together...we are a party of three, so we will have to budget some 5.000$!!! Does anyone know if minor (my son is 8yo) have to pay less? I am seriously considering now CP. We would have to pay there total some 2200$ for CP + flights to Germany...well, I am not sure, flights, hotel etc will end up propably to 5000$ again, plus the medical has to be made in Germany too....But anyway, all those fees plus some savings which have to be shown, well, the country of opportunity demands quite a lot of people which come to kick start the economy again:)

Here's an update,

4/17/09: NL from KCC 2010SA000004xx
5/13/09: Sent DSP122 (only) + barcode sheet to KCC
5/14/09: Sent $375 DV fee + form to DOS (in St. Louis)
6/04/09: Received stamped form (for $375 DV fee) from DOS
6/15/09: Received 2nd letter from DOS; the letter was dated 6/4. One thing to note here, the letter came with a receipt form (similar to the one I sent in with my $375, with the same address to send payment and instructions) that calls for a payment. Again? I just wanted to check if anyone got this with their 2nd letter. Also, I assume USCIS got the said payment, since the $375 I sent earlier would take care of that part of the process. Any thoughts?

- What's next? Medical exam and filling out forms for submission date (10/1/09).

Thanks,

Jlaw

Here's an update,

6/15/09: Received 2nd letter from DOS; the letter was dated 6/4. One thing to note here, the letter came with a receipt form (similar to the one I sent in with my $375, with the same address to send payment and instructions) that calls for a payment. Again? I just wanted to check if anyone got this with their 2nd letter. Also, I assume USCIS got the said payment, since the $375 I sent earlier would take care of that part of the process. Any thoughts?

- What's next? Medical exam and filling out forms for submission date (10/1/09).

Thanks,

Jlaw

Here is my update:

5/11/09: NL from KCC 2010EU00010XXX
5/27/09: Sent DSP122 (only) + barcode sheet to KCC
5/29/09: Sent $375 DV fee + form to DOS (in St. Louis)
6/03/09: Received stamped form (for $375 DV fee) from DOS
6/10/09: Received 2nd letter from DOS

Jlaw, for your question about DV payment; yes i also got that with my second letter, but i think we already paid it by sending the $375 with the first form.

My question regarding 2nd letter is this: It says "you must submit the DV notification letter we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status". What is this supposed to mean, since i thought that we will send the "AOS package" once our number gets current to the Chicago lockbox. I did not know that we have to send the notification letter anywhere. Could anyone help me on this? Thanks.

Here is my update:

Jlaw, for your question about DV payment; yes i also got that with my second letter, but i think we already paid it by sending the $375 with the first form.

My question regarding 2nd letter is this: It says "you must submit the DV notification letter we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status". What is this supposed to mean, since i thought that we will send the "AOS package" once our number gets current to the Chicago lockbox. I did not know that we have to send the notification letter anywhere. Could anyone help me on this? Thanks.

Hey YOU Guys .........i think you are on right truck ,they mean when you sent your package to chicago ,you need to sent that payment you make for DV and the letter you got first time indicate that you are a winner that is all ,but it is good to do it after your number is current , sent it earily there is a chance they will sent to you back to you ,
By the way what is your number.

Good luck Jlaw and cm1979

mail sent to USCIS

MAKE SURE THAT 'ALL' THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS YOU SEND TO USCIS ARE 'COPIES'.....EVEN THE CERTIFIED TRANSLATIONS YOU GOT FOR ANY OF YOU DOCUMENTS ETC.
AND OF THE $375 PAYMENT RECEIPT FROM DEPT. OF STATE AS WELL.

The only exception is your medicals, the originals from Dr.'s office need to go in 'SEALED' envelop/s.

hi all,

I just found this site and I think it's extremely helpful. Thanks to all who have shared their knowledge and experiences. Congrats to all the Dv 2010 winners, too.

My husband won the dv2010, below is the info. My husband has a valid H1B aand I'm on OPT which expires in Jan 2010. According to the Visa Bulletin, looks like our number might be current around Oct-Nov. Will I be ok doing AOS? I'm afraid my OPT will expire
b4 the process is over, will that be a problem? Any ideas?

CN- 2010AF10XXX
4/17/09- NL form KCC
4/18/09- Sent DSP 122+ 230+ Bar code forms to KCC
6/02/09-Sent $750 (for 2 people) Dv fee + form to DOS
6/15-Received form back stamped PAID

Here is my update:

I think that the part where it states for you to -- submit the DV notification letter we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence -- means that you notify your field office in order to get the paper work for the FINAL submission for AOS. The following is what I did. When I got my first letter I went to the USCIS office in my city and met with an officer. She looked at the letter, I explained my situation, and she said there would be no issue to apply in 10/1/09. So she did not keep any of my documents and she gave me a 50-page packet with all forms to fill and file when my time comes. I guess that's the reason why I they state this in the second letter -- as always, these are assumptions that make sense to me. Please investigate further. HOWEVER, I will return to the USCIS office with 1st+2nd letter, $375 stamped receipt, and ask them what's next? Just to be sure. (My instinct tells me two things may happen: they will just give me the same old packet, which btw, the forms are expired, so I have to download the new forms from the website, or they will tell me "OK we'll process your case here at the field office.") I really doubt the second option will happen. Any thoughts?

Here's an update,

Thanks,

Jlaw

Hi Jlaw,

I agree with cm1079. Ignore the instructions on the second notification letter to send the $375, since you already sent it and you have the receipt.

I would make a copy of the notifcation letter and the DV receipt and include it in the AOS packet for submission. I will keep the originals and walk with them the day of the interview.

hi all,

I just found this site and I think it's extremely helpful. Thanks to all who have shared their knowledge and experiences. Congrats to all the Dv 2010 winners, too.

My husband won the dv2010, below is the info. My husband has a valid H1B aand I'm on OPT which expires in Jan 2010. According to the Visa Bulletin, looks like our number might be current around Oct-Nov. Will I be ok doing AOS? I'm afraid my OPT will expire
b4 the process is over, will that be a problem? Any ideas?

CN- 2010AF10XXX
4/17/09- NL form KCC
4/18/09- Sent DSP 122+ 230+ Bar code forms to KCC
6/02/09-Sent $750 (for 2 people) Dv fee + form to DOS
6/15-Received form back stamped PAID

Daima,

I was in in your position a while back (2002). I was F-1 with OPT. At the time, I was out of college and the job market was tough (post 911). While in OPT doing an internship, my company decided to hire me, but no H-1 in the horizon due to strict policies they had. The short term solution, while looking for another job, was to get an employment authorization card (EAD) to get an extension on the OPT. DO IT WHILE YOUR OPT IS CURRENT. This will give you another year during which your GC might come. I know this is possible, because I got an EAD with no H-1. Talk to your foreign student advisor in your school. The other option is how you to come back as an H-2. To wrap up the story, I found a job that would sponsor my H-1, but not my GC; then I found my current job, which I am very happy for, that sponsored my GC; then out of nowhere, the DV-2010 fell from the sky. :D You are truly blessed to be in you position -- nothing to be afraid of, you'll manage.

All the best,

JLaw

Thanks jlaw,

I'm actually doing my Posdoc, so I was thinking if I should extend my OPT or not. I don't wanna be out of status before the process is over. Thanks for sharing your experience.

You are right, am so lucky to be in this position. My husband and I kinda gave up on dv yrs back, but last yr we decided to apply and in April voila, there was the letter, total shock!

I'll keep updating our status.

My friend went to USCIS and I went along. On the phone nobody wanted to answer the question about the change of status. When we came for our appointment we were send back pretty fast and told just to reply to kentucky and wait till your second letter would come. She is here on a visa and over here for almost 10 yrs and according to the website she is eligable for change of status. She already has a SSN, proof of high school graduation over here, proof of funding on her own, etc...

So should she start to pay the fee and send it in? The person at USCIS was very rude...so that wasn't a great experience, but it was just one person. We noticed that most of the other employees were so different, maybe just bad luck but what the heck after she got the NL who cares!:)

At the USCIS office they told us that until October 2010 nothing will be done since at that point the fiscal year starts and the NL notification is for 2010 DV...so that made sense...that was stated by a supervisor.

Hello

I am awaiting result still. My country is from Europe. Anyone from Europe who won Dv-2010 ? This is my 4th time.

Europe, The Netherlands and received the NL in the end of May (11XXX)...

only my friend got it not her parents who also entered...but at least one in the family is hopeful...the other way around would have helped the whole family...