• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

KCC trnasfers my case to USCIS!

4/11/09 NL letter
4/17/09 mailed DS paper work back to kcc
4/21/09 mailed fee to DOS
5/15/09 DOS transfers my case to USCIS

How do you check your case status at this Point? Does anyone know?

Aos

Update

4/16/2009: NL from KCC 2010SA0000000X
4/21/2009: Sent DS230 + DS122 + barcode + pics to KCC (from reading the blogs I think I was only supposed to sent the DS122)
4/24/2009: Mailed $375 DV fee to DOS (I've seen some people have do this step much later in the process)
5/4/2009: Received payment confirmation slip from DOS
5/14/2009: Received letter from DOS acknowledging my filing AOS
In process of gathering docs for I485 and immunization records

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I got the letter from KCC/DOS on 5/15/09.
Also gathering my documents, not sure if i need the police certificates etc.
How do we check our cases at this point with USCIS, can we go online?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/11/09 NL letter

Hi, so I have a question.
I got the first mail from KCC.
I'm currently in US on F-1 status.
so what are next steps:
1) sending DS230 and DSP122 to KCC
2) sending 375 dollars to DOS
3) waiting

is it right? Thank you

Which region you are from?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I got the letter from KCC/DOS on 5/15/09.
Also gathering my documents, not sure if i need the police certificates etc.
How do we check our cases at this point with USCIS, can we go online?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/11/09 NL letter

Once you receive a receipt notice from USCIS then you can check on main USCIS website where it says "Case Status Online"... you can punch in your receipt number and see the progress of your case.

hi i've got the NL of DV 2010 But got confused about few things . plz help me out solving these......

1.I'm single and received the white envelope on my name and I'm not residing in the USA.
so should I feel up only form DS -230 part1& 2 or both DS-230 and DSP-122?

2.I'm single and got the letter on my name so I've to feel-up a single copy of the forms (i e: only for me) or every members of my family(i e: 1 copy each for my mother,father & brother)?

3. Should I feel-up the forms by hand writing or I have to print the answers of each questions and then only put the signature by my hand?

4.should I send only my photo or each member of my family?

Please help me out brothers coz I've very little idea about the forms & English .And I'm staying in some part of the earth where I'll have none to help me. so please help.please write to :

metroloy@yahoo.com

4/11/09 NL letter

How do you check your case status at this Point? Does anyone know?

Hi Lucky,

You could check your case status by going to the department of State website and click on the visa link (top menu on the top of page), then clink on visa bulletin on the left naviagtion bar of the page. If your case number falls below the number listed for your region, then your case is current.

Please note for DV 2010, visas would not be available till october. So the current visa bulletin does not apply to DV 2010 winners. We have to wait till October when they start processing.

hope I answered your question

Hi all, i have been reading the threads for a while. I have a few questions. I am a H1B worker in the united states. I got the NL from KCC few weeks ago. My questions are:
1- My understanding is that i should do adjustment of status. The letter from KCC says contact USCIS to confirm if you are eligible. I called their 1-800 number, i cant reach a live person. Since i am already in the states with an H1b, i should be eligible for AOS correct?
2- I will send DS122 and barcode to KCC. I will send $375 to DOS. I just cant figure out what the next step is? Will KCC or DOS will let USCIS know that i am applying for AOS. Will USCIS will directly contact me?
3- It says apply for AOS when visa number is current. My number is EU10xxx. based on archives, this gets current at around november-december. At that point, do i fill and send I-485 along with fees directly to USCIS. Do i have to wait for their confirmation first?

I would really appreciate if someone could help with the next stages as i am really lost at that point and definitely dont want to do a mistake. JLaw, your case sounds pretty similar to mine ( i am also actually applying EB3 through my company, but it takes forever. I am only on the first stage yet).

Thanks all!

Hi all, i have been reading the threads for a while. I have a few questions. I am a H1B worker in the united states. I got the NL from KCC few weeks ago. My questions are:
1- My understanding is that i should do adjustment of status. The letter from KCC says contact USCIS to confirm if you are eligible. I called their 1-800 number, i cant reach a live person. Since i am already in the states with an H1b, i should be eligible for AOS correct?
2- I will send DS122 and barcode to KCC. I will send $375 to DOS. I just cant figure out what the next step is? Will KCC or DOS will let USCIS know that i am applying for AOS. Will USCIS will directly contact me?
3- It says apply for AOS when visa number is current. My number is EU10xxx. based on archives, this gets current at around november-december. At that point, do i fill and send I-485 along with fees directly to USCIS. Do i have to wait for their confirmation first?

I would really appreciate if someone could help with the next stages as i am really lost at that point and definitely dont want to do a mistake. JLaw, your case sounds pretty similar to mine ( i am also actually applying EB3 through my company, but it takes forever. I am only on the first stage yet).

Thanks all!

Hello,

I am in the same situation as you. I'm also currently on an H1 visa in the States. You could choose AOS or CP. CP would require you to go back to your home country, while AOS allows you to change your status to permanent resident while residing in the States. Once you have a valid H1 status you should be able to do AOS. I opted for AOS.

This was what I did:

First step:
Call USCIS to see whether you are eligibile to apply for AOS. Since you have a valid H1 status it should not be a problem. I've called USCIS several times, sometimes it takes a few tries to get someone who is knowledgable on the subject. After you call the 1-800 number for USICS choose the option *1. That would connect you directly to a person. Then explian you're a DV winner trying to find out if you are eligible to apply for AOS

Second:
Fill out the forms Department of State sent you DS230 and Ds122 with picture ID and mail back to KCC DOS ASAP. I've read several post that said you only need to mail in the DS 122 form. I was just following the instructions I got with my packet so I mailed both with the bar code.
On the DS122 form section 4 indicate BCIS. This lets the department of state know that you would be filing AOS.

Third:
Fill out the AOS DV fee form included in the packet sent to you with DV fee $375 and mail to the adddress indicated along with a self addressed stamped envelope. This is the DV processing fee. (I have seen people do this step after they receive notice from KCCC that they have recieved their application indicating AOS, the timing is up to you).
They would then send you back the form you sent for DV fee stamped paid. Keep this form, you will need it for your interview.

KCC is now out of the picture USCIS is taking over your case.

Fourth:
Request AOS packet from USCIS with all forms or you could download them from online. Fees ($930 application fee + $80 biometrics fee)

Fifth:
Start getting your documents for the interview & AOS together. The medical exam is valid for one year. A list of accepted general surgeons is available on the USCIS website. The medical examiner would complete the I693 form, seal in in an evelope and give it to you. This is part of the AOS application.
Med exam fee could range anywhere from $150-$200 or more, depends on where you go.

Sixth:
Once you complete the AOS applicaion. Mail to the respective USCIS office once your case number is current (several posts indicate that you could do this step 2 mths in advance, I called USCIS and they said that sending your app before your case is current could result in your application being sent back to you or denial, so it's a risk you may not want to take). You could check case status on the department of state website, click visa menu on the home page then ckick visa bulletin on the left navigation bar. If your case number is lower than the number posted on the bulletin for your region, then your case is current. Once your case is current, mail the AOS. FYI case numbers for DV 2010 only available starting October of this year. i.e. the bulletin info you see now is for DV 2009 winners.

USCIS would then send you further instuctions for fingerprinting and date of interview.

Hope this helps. I am not an immigration lawyer or anything. This is just the info I have learnt so far. Thought I'd share. Good luck!

Update
4/16/2009: NL from KCC 2010SA0000000X
4/21/2009: Sent DS230 + DS122 + barcode + pics to KCC (from reading the blogs I think I was only supposed to sent the DS122)
4/24/2009: Mailed $375 DV fee to DOS (I've seen some people have done this step much later in the process)
5/4/2009: Received payment confirmation slip from DOS
5/14/2009: Received letter from DOS acknowledging my filing AOS
In process of gathering docs for I485 and immunization records

Thanks so much BlueT41! Just two quick clarification questions:
1) at the end of third step, you say: "KCC is now out of the picture USCIS is taking over your case." Does this mean that once i pay the DV fee to DOS and send the DS122 to KCC, one of these entities inform USCIS that i am applying for AOS? (i.e. how does USCIS gets notified of my intention at that point?)
2)fourth step is to request AOS packet from USCIS. can i do this by calling their 1800 number or do i have to go to field office? some people mention field office visits, but i wasnt sure if this is ever necessary.

Thanks again, i really appreciate it.

Thanks so much BlueT41! Just two quick clarification questions:
1) at the end of third step, you say: "KCC is now out of the picture USCIS is taking over your case." Does this mean that once i pay the DV fee to DOS and send the DS122 to KCC, one of these entities inform USCIS that i am applying for AOS? (i.e. how does USCIS gets notified of my intention at that point?)
2)fourth step is to request AOS packet from USCIS. can i do this by calling their 1800 number or do i have to go to field office? some people mention field office visits, but i wasnt sure if this is ever necessary.

Thanks again, i really appreciate it.

Hello cm1979,

1) From my understanding once you pay the AOS fee and inidicate on the DS122 form that you would be filing AOS, you are in the DOS system. Not sure if the USCIS system is somehow connected to the DOS system. But officially, I think the USCIS knows of AOS when you send in your AOS application after Oct 1st of this year. There is a section on the I-485 from that asks what category you are filing under, select other, and type in DV lottery winner eligible for AOS.

2) I called and the person I spoke to mailed the paket to me. I don't think it's necessary to go into the office. But if it makes you feel more comfortable, go right ahead. Have all your questions ready, so they could clarify any confusion.

Hope this helps

Thanks so much again Blue T41! I called USCIS today (thanks to you i was able to speak to someone); asked them if i am eligible - They said yes. I also called KCC, they told me to send DS122 only if i am doing AOS. I sent the DS122 to them today. I will pay the DV fee to DOS sometime soon. Then, i will go ahead and start gathering AOS package. I actually read the USCIS website regarding AOS. It says, the form i need is I-485. But i think there are several other forms along with it; hence you are calling it AOS "package". Also, i am assuming medical exam results is included in the AOS package as well. Once i start gathering/filling the forms, i am sure i would need to confirm few other things with the forum.

Thank you!

Thanks so much again Blue T41! I called USCIS today (thanks to you i was able to speak to someone); asked them if i am eligible - They said yes. I also called KCC, they told me to send DS122 only if i am doing AOS. I sent the DS122 to them today. I will pay the DV fee to DOS sometime soon. Then, i will go ahead and start gathering AOS package. I actually read the USCIS website regarding AOS. It says, the form i need is I-485. But i think there are several other forms along with it; hence you are calling it AOS "package". Also, i am assuming medical exam results is included in the AOS package as well. Once i start gathering/filling the forms, i am sure i would need to confirm few other things with the forum.

Thank you!

You're welcome. The medical examiner would have the I693 form which he or she will fill out and give to you sealed for you to include in your AOS application package.

hi brothers should we fill up exactly the form which we got in the white envelope or we can download the same edition of form from state department website and print all the answers and send it to kcc. plz answer.

Hello everybody,
I have a question and perhaps someone can help me out a bit. I'm under H1B and my visa expires in august. I will do all my paper work this month to renew it with the same employer. On the other hand, hopefully my DV2010 case number will be current in november this year (according to previous Visa Bulletins) Now this is my question, Do you think is a good idea to pay for Premium Processing for my H1b renewal so this case would be already appoved before I file my AOS in November or when my case is current?
P.S the problem is that I heard H1b renewals may take up to eight months to be approved. So is it a good idea to have this case pending by the time I file my AOS?
Thank you very much to all who can share with me your thoughts about this

Hi BlueT41, I actually have another question (i hope there is a simple answer to this). Since we both live in the states we decided to go with the AOS. Is there any condition that doing CP would be more advantageous. I read somewhere that it might depend on case number. But aren't the people who are doing the CP still have to wait for their number to be current? I just want to make sure that i am doing the right thing to go with the AOS. If CP would be easier/quicker, i would do that instead of AOS. Any ideas on this? Why did you choose AOS (or those who live in the states always choose AOS?) Thanks!

VZLA,
I believe you should do premium processing. It is very important for you to remain in status if you are doing AOS. It is better not to play with your status even if you think it is going to save you some money and a little stress.

Hi BlueT41, I actually have another question (i hope there is a simple answer to this). Since we both live in the states we decided to go with the AOS. Is there any condition that doing CP would be more advantageous. I read somewhere that it might depend on case number. But aren't the people who are doing the CP still have to wait for their number to be current? I just want to make sure that i am doing the right thing to go with the AOS. If CP would be easier/quicker, i would do that instead of AOS. Any ideas on this? Why did you choose AOS (or those who live in the states always choose AOS?) Thanks!

Will someone help?