• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

i got mine today. That means now u r 2 days ahead of me ehhhe
hi..Capeolive
I received my welcome letter on last saturday(8/28), but my online status of I 485 still on Acceptance, any Idea?
or just they forget to update it?!

good luck to you FrenchiC !!

Yipeeeeeee

First of all thank you to leongsce and zuno for the support!

I just came back from the interview :)

Well I have to admit that I was a bit nervous and definitely not at 100% since I am not a morning person and 7.30am was super early for an appointment.
So the lady officer called my name and then asked for my ID. She made me wait in the hallway which caused me to freak out a bit... One minute later she was back with a copy of said ID.
She took me to her office and made me sit. I took the oath and she then started with the questions from I485. She was so serious, I couldn't relax, I was overly polite to try and make the atmosphere less tense but there was nothing I could do.
She looked so serious and strict she caused me to be overly nervous.
So she started with the Have you ever blabla questions, I said no one time after another. Then she goes "Do you intent to practice polygamy in the United States?" which definitely caused me to burst laughing and say "I'd be lucky to find one descent guy!" she then starts laughing to tears...
It was the moment when she changed into a whole different person, she started smiling, telling me things will be ok, and became super nice...
She then grabbed my passport and wrote on my visa. Then she looks at the computer and goes "Oh-OH, I shouldn't have cancelled your visa, do you plan on travelling anytime soon?" I told her no and said I should be fine then.
She then told me she could't issue everything just yet and had to wait tomorrow Sep 1st. She said she will do it first thing in the morning.
She asked for nothing at all except for state ID, passport, I94... I had to be the one giving her the Department of State Paid receipt. She couldn't care less about the rest; employment letter, W2, earning statements all these things had no use at all.
Then she started smiling, clapping her hands and said "don't worry everything will be fine."

So now I have to be patient and hope the rest will go smoothly.

Frenchic, that's great news. Happy for you. Fingers crossed for everyone who hasn't yet finalized process. We should be ok :)

great frenchic

great!!!!
High numbers paying off doing AOS.

Well I have to admit that I was a bit nervous and definitely not at 100% since I am not a morning person and 7.30am was super early for an appointment.
So the lady officer called my name and then asked for my ID. She made me wait in the hallway which caused me to freak out a bit... One minute later she was back with a copy of said ID.
She took me to her office and made me sit. I took the oath and she then started with the questions from I485. She was so serious, I couldn't relax, I was overly polite to try and make the atmosphere less tense but there was nothing I could do.
So she started with the Have you ever blabla questions, I said no one time after another. Then she goes "Do you intent to practice polygamy in the United States?" which definitely caused me to burst laughing and say "I'd be lucky to find one descent guy!" she then starts laughing to tears...
It was the moment when she changed into a whole different person, she started smiling, telling me things will be ok, and became super nice...
She then grabbed my passport and wrote on my visa. Then she looks at the computer and goes "Oh-OH, I shouldn't have cancelled your visa, do you plan on travelling anytime soon?" I told her no and said I should be fine then.
She then told me she could't issue everything just yet and had to wait tomorrow Sep 1st. She said she will do it first thing in the morning.
She asked for nothing at all except for state ID, passport, I94... I had to be the one giving her the Department of State Paid receipt. She couldn't care less about the rest; employment letter, W2, earning statements all these things had no use at all.
Then she started smiling, clapping her hands and said "don't worry everything will be fine."

Hi FrenchiC,

I am glad to hear that you had
a successful interview. I hope
you get your approval tomorrow...

FO: Baltimore

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if there was anyone doing AOS through Baltimore FO, just trying to get some ideas about what they usually look for and how strict they are. Thanks.

Hi Damus,

Where is your field office, if you don't mind?

From your signature I see that your interviews
are set for 9/9/10. Make sure to go there all
together despite your not receiving a letter.

Have you set an InfoPass appointment a day
after the interview?

If so, make sure to call USCIS and try to talk
to someone in charge. Isn't it possible to get
an InfoPass before the interview?

You can also try to send a letter to your field
office explaining the situation in advance...

Frenchic, that's great news. Happy for you. Fingers crossed for everyone who hasn't yet finalized process. We should be ok :)

Hi sundaram,

There were two applicants from Baltimore.
Both of them got their cards in less than
three months. I don't remember any one
of them having any problems...

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if there was anyone doing AOS through Baltimore FO, just trying to get some ideas about what they usually look for and how strict they are. Thanks.

FrenchiC congrates. I am glad your interview was smooth. Best of luck for ur future.
PS. just after that conversation you wrote about the interview, I came to know that you are a lady..ehhhe..before I was assuming u a guy....ehhhe

Last edited by a moderator:

congrats frenchic!!!!!
you handled it like a pro dv interviewee!! being able to break the icy cold demeanor of the ao takes pro skills!!!! everyone else should learn from you.
once again congrats and don't worry ... you will get your gc soon!

I got mine updated today for "card production". Many thanks for all the members in this forum for helping each others by sharing their stories and knowledge about this whole AOS green card process. This has been very helpful for a better understanding of the whole process. best wishes for members who are still in the process. Special thanks to capeolive who keep this going and for his valuable comments

Hi winee10,

Congratulations on your CPO, now you are
really approved. Keep us posted when you
get your welcome letter, PDA and finally
the cards...

I got mine updated today for "card production". Many thanks for all the members in this forum for helping each others by sharing their stories and knowledge about this whole AOS green card process. This has been very helpful for a better understanding of the whole process. best wishes for members who are still in the process. Special thanks to capeolive who keep this going and for his valuable comments

Thank you all !!!

@Damus,
Yes let's keep our fingers crossed! We still have one month, I am sure we will be fine :)

@Skul
I can't believe we are finally there, I remember how freaked out I was in July 2009 when I realized I had to wait a whole year to know if I really had won or if I'd never get my green card... Skyhigh number doing AOS was super risky!

@Capeolive
Thank you! Best case scenario I will receive a text/e-mail tomorrow and I will be able to relax. If not, I'll just have to be patient a little longer!

@Summet
Thank you :)
Well what's great about this forum is we all are individual pursuing the same goal ie getting the green card and none cares if you are a guy or a girl or about your age...
But yup I am a girl :)

@Winee10
I hope to be lucky enough to hear something tomorrow, I never had any update on my online USCIS case so I am really not sure if I will see anything soon... Congrats on the card production that must be exciting :)

@Leongsce
Thank you for your oh-so-sweet comment! I tried to do my best and make sure everything will go smoothly, I wanted to crack a joke for every single "have you ever question" but I refrained myself I got scared to end up in Guantanamo! I hope things will go as smooth as they did for you!

Yeah you are right about that. Now at this end of fiscal year, when I go back with the replay. it feels funny that how this forum looked male dominated while the story now just looks the opposite.ehhhe
@Damus,
Yes let's keep our fingers crossed! We still have one month, I am sure we will be fine :)

@Skul
I can't believe we are finally there, I remember how freaked out I was in July 2009 when I realized I had to wait a whole year to know if I really had won or if I'd never get my green card... Skyhigh number doing AOS was super risky!

@Capeolive
Thank you! Best case scenario I will receive a text/e-mail tomorrow and I will be able to relax. If not, I'll just have to be patient a little longer!

@Summet
Thank you :)
Well what's great about this forum is we all are individual pursuing the same goal ie getting the green card and none cares if you are a guy or a girl or about your age...
But yup I am a girl :)

@Winee10
I hope to be lucky enough to hear something tomorrow, I never had any update on my online USCIS case so I am really not sure if I will see anything soon... Congrats on the card production that must be exciting :)

@Leongsce
Thank you for your oh-so-sweet comment! I tried to do my best and make sure everything will go smoothly, I wanted to crack a joke for every single "have you ever question" but I refrained myself I got scared to end up in Guantanamo! I hope things will go as smooth as they did for you!

Hey guys I got the same update about CPO today 31St like I got on the 26th, Just the LUD has changed. I guess that is supposed to be PDA...

Hi Summet,

Probably it is only a soft LUD.
When you get PDA your status
moves to Post Decision Activity.
In practice it means that your
card has been sent. Then you
can start monitoring your mailman
and make sure that he doesn't deliver
the card to the wrong mailbox...

Hey guys I got the same update about CPO today 31St like I got on the 26th, Just the LUD has changed. I guess that is supposed to be PDA...

Last edited by a moderator: