• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I had my interview today. our lawyer was also with us. It was good and took about 30min. first took oath and then asked almost all the Questions from I 485. checked our marriage certificate, I 20, passports, DL, baby's birth certificate, and tax returns, medical insurance only. finally she said all good and she has to show it to the supervisor and will approve it today itself if a visa number is available. she hasn't checked the bulletin. So I hope everything is fine and I will get the approval. waiting for the update.

Congrats. What kind of medical insurance did she asked for? Is it mandatory to have one..I am wondering...Please elaborate. Thanks

I had my interview today. our lawyer was also with us. It was good and took about 30min. first took oath and then asked almost all the Questions from I 485. checked our marriage certificate, I 20, passports, DL, baby's birth certificate, and tax returns, medical insurance only. finally she said all good and she has to show it to the supervisor and will approve it today itself if a visa number is available. she hasn't checked the bulletin. So I hope everything is fine and I will get the approval. waiting for the update.

congrulation winee10. U will b approved. Like capeolive saif earlier since your number is current for sept. U will be getting your reply by then just have the automatic update over ur fon and u will get it soon goin to CPO
PS. By the way i got my welcome letter today. I am wonder where zuno is. Have to make sure if he/she got it yesterday or not.

Hi FrenchiC,

Goodluck tomorrow! Miami may not be that bad afterall.

Sharifka!
This is beyond adorable that you remembered!
Thank you so much for your good wishes, I will let you know how it goes.
My interview is at 7.30am so I hope to have a feedback before you wake up...

Congrats. What kind of medical insurance did she asked for? Is it mandatory to have one..I am wondering...Please elaborate. Thanks
It was our health insurance card which has both of my husband's name and my name. I don't know why she asked only for it. It was under the document category to prove that we have a shared life. fortunately I had all the suggested documents ready to show. Also she asked for income tax returns for 08 and 09 which they haven't asked in the letter. I think this is just different officials. So better to ready as much as you can. I had one file for what they asked and another one for what they didn't ask but I thought be useful.

congrulation winee10. U will b approved. Like capeolive saif earlier since your number is current for sept. U will be getting your reply by then just have the automatic update over ur fon and u will get it soon goin to CPO
PS. By the way i got my welcome letter today. I am wonder where zuno is. Have to make sure if he/she got it yesterday or not.

Thanks summet and congratulations for your welcome letter. By the way my number is current in August. she had my file during the interview and she just didn't know that my number is available for August.

Hi suu5,

It is good news that your field office has
received your DV case file. They should
send you the interview letter anytime now.

It is still a good idea to send the field
office "a letter of request" make it a
short one and in bold letters mention
that it is a DV AOS (2010) Case and
Only a Month is left in FY...

You should do an InfoPass next week
if you don't get any positive news by then
be prepared to contact your congressperson
and CIS Ombudsman. You should have next
week's InfoPass as "your deadline"...

Hi All,

First of all, congratulation for everyone who passed their interview successfully and approved GC.

I hope, one day I'm gonna be the one of you guys. :)

I'm still waiting my interview letter. The process going on right now,
My local USCIS office already requested my file and they received it Aug 24. (I called KCC.)
I visited USCIS office on Aug 26 by infopass, the officer told me reviewing process going on right now and she said if i want i can send them letter then handed to me address.
Could you guys help me about this letter? Maybe you guys have template something. I just wanna let them know I'm the AOS applicant through DV lottery winner. Time is gonna expire very soon. Please take care of my case before due date. Please let me know my interview date.....

Please help me guys,

Appreciate you guys.

Hi winee10,

Congratulations on your successful interview.
You'll get approved any time. Check your online
status and see if it moves to CPO. That will be
your sign...

Hi FrenchiC,

You have my best wishes and prayers
for your tomorrow's interview. Have a
smooth one and come back with good
news...

Sorry for the confusion. Anyways if u r current for august. You r surely getting approved. Wonder no one can predict what you will b asked during the interview
PS. I had a quick question I saw PDA in most of the signaturw after CPO and welcome letter. Isnt CPO the last proceas shown online. What we get during PDA. Wondering.
Thanks summet and congratulations for your welcome letter. By the way my number is current in August. she had my file during the interview and she just didn't know that my number is available for August.

Hi winee10,

Congratulations on your successful interview.
You'll get approved any time. Check your online
status and see if it moves to CPO. That will be
your sign...

Thanks Capeolive. our online status hasn't been changed yet. I'll wait for tomorrow and see. bit nervous until i get the update. how long does it take to change the online status to CPO after approval.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Summet,

The last LUD you get before receiving your
green card is PDA. Then within 2-5 business
days you get your card. Of course if they
don't deliver it by mistake to your neighbor's
mail box.

I am just pulling your leg. We can start cracking
some jokes by now. USPS never delivers anything
to wrong mailbox... (Wow, they should like me.)

Sorry for the confusion. Anyways if u r current for august. You r surely getting approved. Wonder no one can predict what you will b asked during the interview
PS. I had a quick question I saw PDA in most of the signaturw after CPO and welcome letter. Isnt CPO the last proceas shown online. What we get during PDA. Wondering.

Hi winee10,

It depends on when they go their online system
and approve you. Which is around 0-30 days.

The worst was 3 months during this fiscal year.

But I think you'll get your CPO this week...

Thanks Capeolive. our online status hasn't been changed yet. I'll wait for tomorrow and see. bit nervous until i get the update. how long does it take to change the online status to CPO after approval.

Thank you so much Capeolive and Summet!
I do appreciate both your support :)
Hopefully I won't be too stupid tomorrow morning as I am very much NOT a morning person and 7.30am is wayyyy tooo earrlly!

hi..Capeolive
I received my welcome letter on last saturday(8/28), but my online status of I 485 still on Acceptance, any Idea?
or just they forget to update it?!

good luck to you FrenchiC !!

Hi zuno,

Probably they have not updated it.
But your getting the welcome letter
is a good sign. I estimate that you
should be getting your card by sometime
next week. Keep us posted...

hi..Capeolive
I received my welcome letter on last saturday(8/28), but my online status of I 485 still on Acceptance, any Idea?

hi..Capeolive

zuno,
i think you shd be getting your gc somewhere around 2 weeks from the date of interview 8/24. ours came exactly 2 weeks from date of interview.
don't worry ... it's on the way ... the online system may be updated.