• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi sogdian,

It is about time for your interview (7 months)
You might even break i2009's record for this
fiscal year. But most important thing is the result.

I hope and pray that the rest of the process goes
smooth for you. You have been waiting for the
interview much longer than everybody, still be
nice to them tomorrow. Come back with the
good news.

You have my best wishes and prayers for your interview...

maila, you are current in September!!!!

September cut-off numbers:

AFRICA CURRENT
Except:
Ethiopia: 26,350

ASIA CURRENT

EUROPE CURRENT

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) CURRENT

OCEANIA CURRENT

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT

Good luck to everyone!!!!!

Thank you all for the wishes...
Congrats Maila...i guess you can call KCC and inquire about your interview date after July 15th...please keep us posted

Visa Bulletin for August 2010

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV)
IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH
WILL APPLY IN SEPTEMBER

AFRICA CURRENT
Except:

ASIA CURRENT

EUROPE CURRENT

OCEANIA CURRENT

--------------------------------

P.S. Apply as soon as possible the time is running out. Good luck to all the applicants!

maila, you are current in September!!!!

September cut-off numbers:

AFRICA CURRENT
Except:

ASIA CURRENT

EUROPE CURRENT

OCEANIA CURRENT

Good luck to everyone!!!!!

Thank you i2009. I was excited and my head did not current. Before I checked this forum, I just checked the visa bulletin and it showed current and I thought my GOD does current means only 28700 for Asia (dumb of me). So glad, we are one step close. Now, need to call KCC this week after 15th or should we call on 15th?

Thanks Chooti for your wishes..feel little bit relieved now but we still have many hurdles to cross but I am confident we will be fine. Huh...really great news to start out my week.

Which date to send

With the visa bulletin showing the numbers being current now and for September 2010, when will be the right date to send the 1-485 if you are in Dallas, TX .Do we still send our AOS to Chicago mail lock box or Dallas lockbox. And through your projections when do you think will be the check confirmation, biometrics and interview days. Is there any probability of having all those done before the deadline.
Hi chooti,

Thank you for your good wishes and prayers.

I will do my part and rely on God...

Hi skul,

The practice has been

"when you see your number is current at the advance notification you can apply"

Look at the people's signature you will see that
a lot of us have applied around 50 days in advance,
including myself. Nobody's application has been
returned for applying around 50 days in advance so far.

The time is not to doubt or not being able to decide,
rather the time is to apply.

Do not lose your precious time just make sure everything is ready
and apply already!

If you wait till September to apply you will most likely lose your chance to get the card.

P.S. Add your signature and location so that we know where you are at in the process.

With the visa bulletin showing the numbers being current now and for September 2010, when will be the right date to send the 1-485 if you are in Dallas, TX .Do we still send our AOS to Chicago mail lock box or Dallas lockbox. And through your projections when do you think will be the check confirmation, biometrics and interview days. Is there any probability of having all those done before the deadline.
Hi chooti,

Hi chooti,

Hi skul,

If you add you CN and and bit more info about your case then it would be helpful for everyone to help.

Hello Froum Friesnds! I was reading all the updates and I am really happy to hear that the cases from Jully/August are running smoothly... I really hope Summet get is interview letter soon! I am happy to see that we have current #s for September so everyone else can go ahead and send the AOS packg. @Capeolive- I am sorry to hear that your jorney is not quite over yet. But hanging in there buddy, as soon as these files get to the right place it will be a smooth ride :)
Keep the positive attitude and hopes up everyone!!!!

Hey do you think we can send AOS package as soon as we see ournumber current for future month ( e.g. for Sepetmeber), or do we need to wait until the 1st of that very month?

Thanks

Hello Froum Friesnds! I was reading all the updates and I am really happy to hear that the cases from Jully/August are running smoothly... I really hope Summet get is interview letter soon! I am happy to see that we have current #s for September so everyone else can go ahead and send the AOS packg. @Capeolive- I am sorry to hear that your jorney is not quite over yet. But hanging in there buddy, as soon as these files get to the right place it will be a smooth ride :)

Hi sagarghimire,

In practice for this fiscal year yes you can send it now if you are current for September.

But for the FY2011 you have to wait until October 1st to send in your application.

Hey do you think we can send AOS package as soon as we see ournumber current for future month ( e.g. for Sepetmeber), or do we need to wait until the 1st of that very month?

Thanks

thanks for having them warm wishes R2010, I hope the same as well, I am been checking the mail box, but I dont think I am gettting my biometric letter because everyone who applied with me got their and I am the only one who havent got it yet, still have my fingers crossed.

AND maila, I am happy that you got your number current, best of luck for your process. u have our prayer..

ANd capeolive, you rock and I am sure that you have something already planned in your head after that 2 week period you gave to the USCIS office. My prayer are always with you.

Hey zuno,
looking at chooti's signature, you should be getting your interview letter before you even get done with your biometrics, just keep us updated with every step. like I already mentioned we have lot in common.

Hi guys,
Finally Africa is current and about to send in my package but as I was reading my 2nd NL I realized they said you have to send the 1st NL to the nearest USCIS office. I never heard about this in the forum.....Please advice on how to proceed. Thanks

Hi R2010,

Thank you for your good wishes. My struggle will continue.
I just don't want to lose my right because of incompetent or
uncaring people...

Hi WithGod,

They are good at confusing people with the so called
instructions. After about 15 years the instructions are
still not clear enough.

Anyways, you have to send your application to the
USCIS Lockbox Facility in Chicago. That's "the place".

Check the following link for the I-485 form and instructions.
There are more things that needs to be send though...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=3faf2c1a6855d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Hi guys,
Finally Africa is current and about to send in my package but as I was reading my 2nd NL I realized they said you have to send the 1st NL to the nearest USCIS office. I never heard about this in the forum.....Please advice on how to proceed. Thanks

The New Applicants!

Almost all the numbers are going to be current for September.

So, almost any number can apply.

But if they run out of visa numbers, they will stop giving visas.

In case this happens, it means "first come first serve"

Thus it may be very important to make the application as soon as possible.

Thanks Capeolive....Will do just that. Am doing my medicals tomorro so hopefully I will send in everything by the end of the week. Fingers crossed for smooth processing!