• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi schneidi68,

I am glad to hear that your case is moving.

Would you add your signature. I am trying to
think why KCC has not made the transfer yet.

Usually there are two reasons:

1. Whether you are not current
2. Or you have not paid $375 AOS Fee

Please, add your signature

Capeolive - thank you for all you do!!

Here is an update from my part: KCC told me during the week that my file has not been requested yet. I still went ahead and scheduled an Infopass appointment and went to it today. The IO that helped me was very courteous, and looked my information. As San Diego has to ASC's (San Diego and Chula Vista - couple of miles apart) I went to the San Diego office. The IO, after looking up my info, noticed that my file is pending in Chula Vista - so he called the Chula Vista office to receive an update. Apparently the Chula Vista office has requested my file from KCC at the end of May and they are awaiting to receive it to be able to schedule an appointment. My case on the web site has not any updates and now I have some more information and know that something is moving. It looks like that patience is the key here and after being in the immigration process for the past 10 years I'll make it a little bit more. So Infopass helped to keep sanity in this whole process.

Capeolive, thank you again for your input as it is appreciated!!

Will update the forum once anything else moves...

thanks for ur reply capeolive,
Most of my documents ecept my birth certificate are in english and I have that translated,
I will take out that Via fed ex
I will write my case numbers in all the documents that I am sending along with the Form I-485 and all the copies and the 2 pictures.
For sure I will sign it and date it.
But I didnt understand when u said u will put D and E on the top and then put the list..
Did u mean.its gonna be ......on very top
medical then biographic information then Cover letter then letter clearifying the rejection,then I485 filled form and supporting documents????
and the reason I am sending it on tuesday is because, I have to get documents form my lawyer and she is not sending it to me till monday or tuesday..
Hi Summet,

Couple of things:

1. You should get translation of non-English documents.
2. You shouldn't put "Via FedEx Overnight"
3. It is better to write your case number with a pencil on top of the documents and on pioctures
4. You should "of course" sign it.
5. I would move D and E on top than put the list.
6. Why Tuesday, why not send it Saturday (tomorrow)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Summet,

That's what I meant:

A. Personal Check for $1,010 (Payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”)

B. Two Passport style Photographs in an Envelope with names at the back in an envelope
( and the Alien number)

C. Form I-485: Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Signed and
Dated)

D. Form G-325A: Biographic Information (Signed and Dated)

E. Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Sealed Envelope)

Supporting Documents: (Evidence of Eligibility)
I. Diversity Visa 2010 Selectee (Case No: DV2010AS00025941

thanks for ur reply capeolive,
Most of my documents ecept my birth certificate are in english and I have that translated,
I will take out that Via fed ex
I will write my case numbers in all the documents that I am sending along with the Form I-485 and all the copies and the 2 pictures.
For sure I will sign it and date it.
But I didnt understand when u said u will put D and E on the top and then put the list..
Did u mean.its gonna be ......on very top
medical then biographic information then Cover letter then letter clearifying the rejection,then I485 filled form and supporting documents????

Hi capeolive,
I got all them taken care of. I did the same arrangement in the coverletter. I have a question about the photo. I know I have to write my name ans A# in the envelope do I also have to write the dv case number and my name on the back of the photo.
Hi Summet,

That's what I meant:

A. Personal Check for $1,010 (Payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”)

B. Two Passport style Photographs in an Envelope with names at the back in an envelope
( and the Alien number)

C. Form I-485: Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Signed and
Dated)

D. Form G-325A: Biographic Information (Signed and Dated)

E. Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Sealed Envelope)

Supporting Documents: (Evidence of Eligibility)
I. Diversity Visa 2010 Selectee (Case No: DV2010AS00025941

Hi Summet,

Write it back of the photos with pencil as well.

This is in case they lose them or they get mixed with other
things they are going to know they are yours. At this time
in the process you wouldn't want to lose any more time...

Hi capeolive,
I got all them taken care of. I did the same arrangement in the coverletter. I have a question about the photo. I know I have to write my name ans A# in the envelope do I also have to write the dv case number and my name on the back of the photo.

Dear Capeolive,
We are so happy that your day finally came after so many years of struggle. Your positive contribution to this forum has been a real benefit to me and a host of others. You are a very kindhearted person and deserve a happy ending! You have our best wishes and we truly hope that the process to bring your family over will be a smooth one.

I finally have The Update on my Case!

Hi Friends,

I finally got my Green Card after so many years.
Yes, it is green and yes, it is "green enough" for me.

capeolive,
wonderful news on receipt of your green card! so happy for you ... the long tired journey is coming to an amazing end now.
god bless.

You are right about that, I am not trying to waste any more time on anything, matter of fact I cannot efford it. I was filling some of the tabs and I didn't have enough space to write everything and in some place it just says invalid format. I think the one with th invalid format, I will just print it out and write with the had, but for the one that didnt have enough space i wanted to add continuation sheet. Can any one post the sample how it looks like, I read the guidlines in the instruction section but I wasnt clear enough.
Hi Summet,

Write it back of the photos with pencil as well.

This is in case they lose them or they get mixed with other
things they are going to know they are yours. At this time
in the process you wouldn't want to lose any more time...

Hi R2010,

Thank you for your kind words and good wishes.

Your case is similar to mine as I was able to do it, so can you.

After winning the DV Lottery I visited "some lawyers"
and was told I was "not eligible" I did not give up.
Here I am with my card.

Do your part educate yourself about the process.
Do what you can, God will take care of the rest.

If you have any questions, I am planning to be around
until the end of the fiscal year. You have my best...

Dear Capeolive,
We are so happy that your day finally came after so many years of struggle. Your positive contribution to this forum has been a real benefit to me and a host of others. You are a very kindhearted person and deserve a happy ending! You have our best wishes and we truly hope that the process to bring your family over will be a smooth one.

I finally have The Update on my Case!

Hi Friends,

I finally got my Green Card after so many years.
Yes, it is green and yes, it is "green enough" for me.

Hi leongsce,

Thank you for sharing my happiness.

I pray that you also get your card in time after a smooth process...

capeolive,
wonderful news on receipt of your green card! so happy for you ... the long tired journey is coming to an amazing end now.
god bless.

Hi Summet,

I couldn't clearly understand what you meant but if
you cannot fit everything on one page:

You can have two pages.

You should number the pages.

You should write bottom of the first page: (Continued on Page 2)

You are right about that, I am not trying to waste any more time on anything, matter of fact I cannot efford it. I was filling some of the tabs and I didn't have enough space to write everything and in some place it just says invalid format. I think the one with th invalid format, I will just print it out and write with the had, but for the one that didnt have enough space i wanted to add continuation sheet. Can any one post the sample how it looks like, I read the guidlines in the instruction section but I wasnt clear enough.

What i mean by not enough space is
In the place where I have to write the date, place and reason for my PR being declined, it doesnot have enough space for me to type every thing so i know that I have to add a continuation sheet how I dont know how to add it. what I have to do.
Hi Summet,

I couldn't clearly understand what you meant but if
you cannot fit everything on one page:

You can have two pages.

You should number the pages.

You should write bottom of the first page: (Continued on Page 2)

Guys last question for today, can I both type and write by hand while fillinf my form I485 because of the things that doesn;t fit while typing, but I can fit it hand written so can I do it.. or does it had to be only hand written or in typing..

Biometrics page, picture page, us visas, I-94 etc. Not everything. You should have a valid passport though.

Sorry, but I just had to ask this question since it has been brought up now, and this was in the back of my head. So I have two passports, the old one contains everything: old B1/B2 visa (canceled without prejudice), expired F1 visa with the I-94 card with latest entry stamp says D/S (I have a new I-94 card on my H4 NOA which has the same I-94 number but new validity dates, they also stamped my new passport with the same entry date but left it blank i.e., no validity date, no D/S).

And for my spouse: 2 passports, On the old one are 2 F1-visas (both expired and "canceled without prejudice); new one has an expired H1 visa with I-94 card with entry stamp (the date has expired and he has a new I-94 with his new H1B NOA).

My question is: Do I need to include copies of all visas (including old ones that have expired)? If so, I will also need to include copies of bio page of old passport, right? While sending copies of I-94 (latest is attached to the NOAs for H status), should I only send these or include old ones (has last/latest entry to US), although they have the same number.

This just seemed like a lot to me. Please suggest.

PS: We have not traveled since we renewed our H status.

Hi Summet,

You should use a blank sheet as "supplemental page"
write whatever fits on the forum and then on the supplemental
page write the whole thing. You can use the following as a sample.

Supplemental Page to form I-485 for LAST NAME, First name with DV Case number 2010AS28XXX

Part 3 Processing information.

Have you ever before applied for permanent resident status in the U.S.?

YES

Then write the whole thing...

What i mean by not enough space is
In the place where I have to write the date, place and reason for my PR being declined, it doesnot have enough space for me to type every thing so i know that I have to add a continuation sheet how I dont know how to add it. what I have to do.

Hi Summet,

You should use a "supplemental page" and type it.

Guys last question for today, can I both type and write by hand while fillinf my form I485 because of the things that doesn;t fit while typing, but I can fit it hand written so can I do it.. or does it had to be only hand written or in typing..

Hi Izzy120,

You should add copies of biometrics page, I-94 and visas
of the new passport and all the visas of the old one.

For the interview you should have:

Unexpired passports.

I-94 cards.

All the old passports.

Of course as ID.

Your birth certificates.

Driver's Licenses.

As a rule of thumb if you are not sure hundred percent
on something you can always send extra documents.

But this is how "I would" do it...

Sorry, but I just had to ask this question since it has been brought up now, and this was in the back of my head. So I have two passports, the old one contains everything: old B1/B2 visa (canceled without prejudice), expired F1 visa with the I-94 card with latest entry stamp says D/S (I have a new I-94 card on my H4 NOA which has the same I-94 number but new validity dates, they also stamped my new passport with the same entry date but left it blank i.e., no validity date, no D/S).

And for my spouse: 2 passports, On the old one are 2 F1-visas (both expired and "canceled without prejudice); new one has an expired H1 visa with I-94 card with entry stamp (the date has expired and he has a new I-94 with his new H1B NOA).

My question is: Do I need to include copies of all visas (including old ones that have expired)? If so, I will also need to include copies of bio page of old passport, right? While sending copies of I-94 (latest is attached to the NOAs for H status), should I only send these or include old ones (has last/latest entry to US), although they have the same number.

This just seemed like a lot to me. Please suggest.

PS: We have not traveled since we renewed our H status.

thanks capeolive u are life saver.I I think by today I have got all the documents ready, I am just waiting on my lawyer to send me my documents because she has got the original letter from KCC that I got the first time, the receipt of AOS and the letter for AOS..Hope that she is gonna send me them documents and i can fire up my process.
Hi Summet,

Like you said after writing whatever fits, do i have to clarify that the rest is in the continuation sheet or it is self explanatory.
Hi Summet,

You should use a blank sheet as "supplemental page"
write whatever fits on the forum and then on the supplemental
page write the whole thing. You can use the following as a sample.

Supplemental Page to form I-485 for LAST NAME, First name with DV Case number 2010AS28XXX

YES

Then write the whole thing...

Do you think this model is good.

Continuation Sheet to form I-485 for LAST NAME, First name with DV Case number 2010AS259XXX

Part 2. Application type

I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status because

h. Diversity Visa Lottery Winner, Copy of lottery letter attached.

YES

Applied on January 4, 2010 at
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517
However, the case was for declined for early filing.

Date Signature.

Hi Summet,