• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2009 Winners from EUROPE

Hii Turkey Embassy start to refuse dv case what can be reason last week only get vısa from 2 ppl ???

Many of them have good job and really good evıdence any comments about this..

Thıs subject is gone very deep of portal where are u europen ?? specially persian and tuırkish ..?

Mustangy, rather than post the same questions in every single post and start worying something that you can't control, start asking yourself if you have prepared everything needed for the interview and have met ell the criterias to prevent you from being rejected:

1. Did you write the truth on your initial electronic DV application and in the DS-230, DSP122 forms?

2. Did you ever commit any crimes or illegal action in your home country or in the U.S? Have you been illegal in the U.S?

3. Do you have all the necessary documents (original, copies, and the translation)? Birth Certificate, High School Diploma and/or College Diploma, Police certificate, passport, medical results, and financial papers (bank account, or affidafit of support, or job offer).

4. Do you have any medical conditions that can cause rejection like HIV, etc? and have you done the complete medical + immunzation as requested?

If you have everything in order, there should not be a reason for them to reject your visa. The people that got rejected might be missing one of these criteria to recieve the immigrant visa. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!
mia22, if you don't mind sharing, how exactly CP works for those who are in the US, but opt not to do AOS? I'm currently on F1, graduating in May, and applying to grad school. I can't do AOS because my passport is expiring, and i need to return to my home country anyways (or can I? can apply for aos wth expring passport? i can't find relevant info...) my CN is rather high -EU19XXX, so it would probably make more sense to do CP, but I'm still very confused (i didn't even mail my forms back yet, i hope it's not too late:))
i have several Q's:
-how far in advance do they notify about the interview?
-how much time do i need to plan to take off to take care of everything? (medicals, all translations,etc?
any information about the process you went through would be greatly appreciated!

Hi!
mia22, if you don't mind sharing, how exactly CP works for those who are in the US, but opt not to do AOS? I'm currently on F1, graduating in May, and applying to grad school. I can't do AOS because my passport is expiring, and i need to return to my home country anyways (or can I? can apply for aos wth expring passport? i can't find relevant info...) my CN is rather high -EU19XXX, so it would probably make more sense to do CP, but I'm still very confused (i didn't even mail my forms back yet, i hope it's not too late:))
i have several Q's:
-how much time do i need to plan to take off to take care of everything? (medicals, all translations,etc?
any information about the process you went through would be greatly appreciated!

I'm currently in the U.S with an F1 visa an I'm opting to do CP. I prefer to do CP because the faster processing time compare to AOS.

As far as passport, you should never let your passport expired. Contact your country consulate or embassy in the U.S and ask them for passport extension or making a new passport. I don't think you need to go back to your home country just to make passport.

AOS or CP? It is your choice. With AOS, you don't need to leave the U.S but get ready for a longer processing time (2-6 months) compare to CP. With CP, you need to leave the U.S but the processing time is much faster (1-7 days).

Your CN is not high for Europe. It probably will become current in April or May next year. It will still give you some times for AOS processing if you choose to do so. But, if you don't want to take the risk of the long processing time, choose CP. Go back to your home country for about 2 weeks, get everything done (medical, interview, etc), then go back to the U.S.

You will be notified about the interview 3 months before. The DV Bulletin is always published 1 month ahead, and in the bulletin every month they will tell you the advance case number cut off for the next month. For example, the DV bulletin for August is published in July, and in that August bulletin, it will say the advance case number cut off for September. So, 3 months before you'll know when you'll be scheduled for interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!
i have several Q's:

Gernido already responded to most of your questions and I agree with him.

First, you need to take care of your passport. Never never be with an expired passport. I had my passport issued in the USA two times already.

1. You will have plenty of time before the interview to get ready. Three months or so.
2. I took me a week to get the medicals and the visa. But, I would take two weeks off and plan the trip. If your time allows, you can even take three weeks. However, I have prepared most of my documents in advance. You do not want to wait for the last month to collect the necessary documents. Most of them are valid for months. So, if you have family or friends in your native country, they can help you. That is what I did. Get the originals and have them translated and certified. Then, when you go home for the interview, you can only deal with the medicals. I had all the papers ready with me in the USA before I left. Only the medicals were missing since they need to be done in the country where the interview will take place.

CP is much faster and easier in most cases. I had a very low EU number and I still did the CP. Did not want to deal with AOS. I just saw too many mess ups with AOS and I did not want to take a chance to be delayed and never get the visa.

Thank you for your replies, guys.
I do know how inportant the passport is:)), i already had it extended, and, as crazy as it sounds, my native country would not issue a new passport for its citizens here, i have to return to get it:confused:
so it looks like CP for me...
couple more questions:
-would KCC mail me some kind of a notice after they receive my forms, or would i have to wait for an interview notice?
-mia22, you mentioned that the medicals have to be done in the country where the interview would take place, not the home country (those are different for me)?
-probably stupid question, but anyways: DS-230 q.11 &13 - should i put my mailing address in the states or home address in the native country? also DSP-122 q.3 - i understand it's my present mailing address, is that where they'll mail my interview notice?

Thank you so much for your input!!

I just got my entire AOS application package returned by the USCIS for the DV2009 with the check ---uncashed---. I subsequently changed to CP via the Department of State and sent them my DSP 122 & DS 230 plus a photo and a request to change back to consular processing. Will keep you informed how long it takes them to send me the second notification letter.

Just to say HI to all you people here and there and to give another wave from Europe!
My fiance is the lucky winner (as we hope:D) for DV2009

Thank you for your replies, guys.
I do know how inportant the passport is:)), i already had it extended, and, as crazy as it sounds, my native country would not issue a new passport for its citizens here, i have to return to get it:confused:
so it looks like CP for me...
couple more questions:
-would KCC mail me some kind of a notice after they receive my forms, or would i have to wait for an interview notice?
-mia22, you mentioned that the medicals have to be done in the country where the interview would take place, not the home country (those are different for me)?
-probably stupid question, but anyways: DS-230 q.11 &13 - should i put my mailing address in the states or home address in the native country? also DSP-122 q.3 - i understand it's my present mailing address, is that where they'll mail my interview notice?

Thank you so much for your input!!

Hi,

1. do medicals in the country where the interview will take place.
2. 11 & 13, i used my usa address
3. 3- use usa address.

Thank you for your help, mia22!!!
I"m sure I'll have more questions as i move along with the application.

Cut Off Number For Europe Is Explanied At The State Gov At The Moment Its 6600 For Euro.. Best Wishes For All Europen Friends..

Woo!! Finally the announced it. Well..I have to wait another 3-4 months before my number become current but I'm very excited. :)

Hi,

I'm new to these forms.

I got selected for DV-2009, just waiting on my second NL, which I guess will come around January judging by my number?

I was just wondering if it will go okay for me judging by the following.

- Two years accounts experience
- BSc (Ord) in Computer Science (2006)
- No related work experience with it
- Currently working in accounts again after a 2 year gap where I was a carer for my father
- $10,000 savings (sponsoring... myself)
- No criminal record etc.
- A US Girlfriend (the US address where i'll stay when I get there first)

Do you think, that judging by all of that and my number that i'll have a good chance, with all my documents etc. being in order.

Also, my birth cert has my first name spelled with an extra letter than what it should be (2 r's instead of 1), my passport (which I am getting renewed) has the correct spellling with a note in it explaining the difference, should I get this changed to be on the safe side? After reading a coupe of old posts I see that this was an issue for some.

Anyhoo, best of luck to everyone who got selected! :)

Also, my birth cert has my first name spelled with an extra letter than what it should be (2 r's instead of 1)
What have you put in the electronic application? The spelling from the birth certificate or the wrong spelling?

What have you put in the electronic application? The spelling from the birth certificate or the wrong spelling?

I put the "wrong" spelling. I never use the other, the birth cert one, the only reference to it in my life is on my birth cert. Apparently whoever made it out misspelled it at the time.

That can you bring you into big trouble if they come to the conclusion that there is a possibility you sent multiple application, one with incorrect and one with correct spelling.

That can you bring you into big trouble if they come to the conclusion that there is a possibility you sent multiple application, one with incorrect and one with correct spelling.

Surely they would have a way to know that I didn't send multiple applications? Wouldn't they? Because I most definitely didn't or wouldn't.

What would you suggest would be the best thing for me to do? This has always been a non-issue, I only thought about it when I was about to renew my passport and noticed some posts about it here.

Should I have my my birth cert amended or just keep it as it is and go ahead and get my passport renewed?

I you do this you make your case much more suspicious.

Thats true, thanks for the advice. I think I'll just leave it as is then and just explain it to them if it comes up.

About the education / employment side of things, do you think I'll have any problem with that side of things?

Thanks again :)

hi,

I am a winner from France, my cn is EU2***, looks like i will have an interview in October.
In the US with F1, i chose AOS and finally switched to CP in Paris.

For some reasons i couldn't post before because my account wasn't activated.

Good luck to everyone.

Hii All people erupen luckies

FIRST INTERVIEW NEWS FOR 2009 :d
A turkish friends have mail about interview date

here is the mail sended by kcc to him.

Thank you for your inquiry.

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Ankara on October 8, 2008. A notification letter will be mailed to you from KCC within the next 7-10 business days. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy