• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2009 Winners from EUROPE

Hi Camrus,

I am in the same boat. EU200923xxx and 27 and single. What matters is education, prospect of a job and some money in the bank. I am already in the US, have a job and getting a PhD so I should not have problems.

Your and mine number will be current at around April or May 2009 if all goes well, you can check every month at
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

The economy here is really bad right now and even Americans are having real trouble looking for jobs. Try to get a american citizen friend to get a sponsorship as I cannot imagine a way how you could get a job offer under the current economic conditions.

Best of luck and keep reading this.

Thank you for the answer, ivanmladek.
When should I expect the second package?
How much should I show in my back account to get qualified for imm.visa without a job offer or sponsorship? $10000 ir $20000 should be enough? How long this money should be on account?

Does anybody knows what form should be filled out for sponsorship?
How much money should the sponsor make a year per dependent?

Thank you very much.

When should I expect the second package?

You need to call the KCC on the number which is at the bottom of your letter which is 606-526-7500. From Europe this would be 001-606-526-7500 .

How much should I show in my back account to get qualified for imm.visa without a job offer or sponsorship? $10000 ir $20000 should be enough? How long this money should be on account?

Does anybody knows what form should be filled out for sponsorship?
How much money should the sponsor make a year per dependent?

For all sponsorship questions look at http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=286043&highlight=affidavit

Good luck,

You need to call the KCC on the number which is at the bottom of your letter which is 606-526-7500. From Europe this would be 001-606-526-7500
If you call them before the number is current, they will not tell you anything... You can find out when approximately your interview will be by looking at the visa bulletins from the previous years, however, the process in this year might be faster or slower (http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html). Your number is current when it is below the cut-off number for your region (remember that the lottery goes with the fiscal year: the year starts in October and lasts till September).
You should keep looking at the bulletin every month (it is published around the 15th). Once your number is current in the advanced notification section, you can contact KCC to ask about your interview date.
For general information about the process, you should look through the following thread: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=215048

It is not true. I did my the medical examination after i received my first package because i had the same form in first package as i have in the second one. I called US embassy in Brussels and asked for how long the medical examination result is valid and they said for one year! (if no serious sickness happens in between)...So you can do it months before your interview:)

Is it also possible to have the medical exam outside of the country of application? For example I applied in France but I am now living in the US.
I know they give a list of official doctors in Paris (very poor list, 3 doctors total) but I would save precious days if having the exam in the US was possible!

Is it also possible to have the medical exam outside of the country of application? For example I applied in France but I am now living in the US.
I know they give a list of official doctors in Paris (very poor list, 3 doctors total) but I would save precious days if having the exam in the US was possible!
You HAVE to do the medical in the country where you do CP

You HAVE to do the medical in the country where you do CP

Thank you this confirm what I have heard in the past. I have also heard that it is possible to do it outside but I don't believe it anymore.

How many days should I let between the medical exam and the interview at the embassy to make sure they receive the results before the interview?

How many days should I let between the medical exam and the interview at the embassy to make sure they receive the results before the interview?
That depends on the country... In the invitation to the interview it said on the form with the possible doctors that it's advisable to do the medical about 2weeks prior to the interview (in Switzerland), I know that in Germany you can do the medical on the same day as the interview but I wouldn't advise that... I suppose you should make sure that there is at least 1week in between... but maybe someone else has more information on that

Just called the doctor. He said that I can do the medical on the same day,or a day before to avoid schedule conflict (France). I thought that it would be longer than that to get the results of some tests(especially for the HIV test) so I was a little surprised.
In that case, isn't risky if all the vaccines are not done because the consulate will have to wait for me to get the vaccines before giving any approval?

Just called the doctor. He said that I can do the medical on the same day,or a day before to avoid schedule conflict (France). I thought that it would be longer than that to get the results of some tests(especially for the HIV test) so I was a little surprised.
In that case, isn't risky if all the vaccines are not done because the consulate will have to wait for me to get the vaccines before giving any approval?
You can get all the vaccinations done in the US (there is a chart some place that shows which vaccinations are needed for which age group... just do a search for vaccinations). If possible, I would do the medical a little sooner. Otherwise it will just take longer till they issue the visa.

case number and date of interview

Hi all

We Slovaks have to go to consular office to Prague. it seems that date of interview can be another month, not just when CN is current. I know Slovak ( zumanityy) who has interview in december with case number 2009EU000022--.
I was suprised with that. My Cn is 2009EU00011xxx so I expected my interview in december (cut off 12900 for december). Probably the best way to figure out the date is to contact KCC for information. Waiting is the worst thing.

Hi all

We Slovaks have to go to consular office to Prague. it seems that date of interview can be another month, not just when CN is current. I know Slovak ( zumanityy) who has interview in december with case number 2009EU000022--.
I was suprised with that. My Cn is 2009EU00011xxx so I expected my interview in december (cut off 12900 for december). Probably the best way to figure out the date is to contact KCC for information. Waiting is the worst thing.
From what I know, one reason why a person might not have the interview in the month in which they are officially current is if the forms have been sent back to KCC late. Of course it can also be that that particular embassy has too many other appointments in that month... But I agree with you, mattin78, that you should contact KCC once your number is listed as current in the advanced notification section of the visa bulletin.

merry christmas?

KCC just informed me that interview for my case has been scheduled on December 23, 2008. Yes I know, that is weird. I mean, December 23??? I see this year christmas will be other than usually. As I think, they can not deny my visa if they are christians, he?

KCC just informed me that interview for my case has been scheduled on December 23, 2008. Yes I know, that is weird. I mean, December 23??? I see this year christmas will be other than usually. As I think, they can not deny my visa if they are christians, he?

:D
I am in the same case than you, my appointment is scheduled on december 23rd! And oh, by the way, my case number was current in october, this confirm your previous post about the late interviews.

I am interviewed in Paris but I am currently living in California. This "almost-christmas" date matches with a vacation slot back in France, so this happens to be nice. Now just hoping that they don't take the 23rd off! French people are not more christian than any other culture but they are very serious on holidays...

I will post my experience then. I can not find any experience from Prague on this forum. I have read somewhere that conclusion of an interview in Prague is next day. So if I will have to wait till New Year for it, I will sit like budha under christmas tree all holidays :D

Hi mattin78, I am also going to Prague for interview. Please let me know how it goes and which doctor you go to for the medical. I might be current in May/June 2009
Thanks

My number might become current in May, June 2009. When should I get the sponsorship form filled in? Could it be in December 2008? Basically how many months in advance should I have it complete? How old the form could be?

Thank you very much. Still didn't ge the second package. The number is pretty high, 2009EU00023xxx.

God luck in your American dream!

So, this wonderful discussion together comes to a happy end. Finally I had the Interview at American Embassy in Tirana and got the visa. Everything went well and I assure that will be the same to you. American clacks were very polite with me, they asked me some questions only to verify if everything I had wrote on my papers was true. As I understood it, America respects the luck and never turns its direction, maybe because American themselves are immigrant people. I had the impression that it cloud not happen not to get the visa, only if something is wrong with your documents.
On this occasions I thank you all for sharing your experiences with me and I wish you god luck in your American dream and America journey!

NL sent from KCC on 8 April 2009
NL received on 25 April 2009
CN EU00001xxx
Application mailed back on 9 May 2009
Delivered confirmation from KCC
2d package sent from KCC on 28 August 2008
2d package received on 8 September 2008
Interview successful 30 October 2008