• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2009 Winners from EUROPE

I wrote them an email and told exactly following data:

My complete name
Date of birth
Case number

And asked that my case number already current and I would like to know the interview date!

Anything difficult? :)

I wrote them an email and told exactly following data:

My complete name
Date of birth
Case number

And asked that my case number already current and I would like to know the interview date!

Anything difficult? :)

No, just call them. They are usually very nice and will tell you right away.

AOS Processing

Hi everyone,

I am a 2009 DV winner from France, my case number is EU11XXX. I filed an application for AOS through my local USCIS office (Boston), did the fingerprinting (27th of February). I am currently waiting for the final interview (I guess it is the last step of the long DV GC process).

Since I did not receive my interview notice, I called the USCIS customer service and asked about the estimated processing time for my case. And it seems that it takes 6 months for the application to process (almost the deadline for the DV lottery)

I wanted to ask you if any of you know how things should normally go, and how should I proceed next.

Is it normal that I did not received the letter for the final interview yet?
Should I make an appointment through Infopass to get more information about the current status of my case?

Thanks for your help,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

I am a 2009 DV winner from France, my case number is EU22XXX. I filed an application for AOS through my local USCIS office (Boston), did the fingerprinting (27th of February). I am currently waiting for the final interview (I guess it is the last step of the long DV GC process).

Since I did not receive my interview notice, I called the USCIS customer service and asked about the estimated processing time for my case. And it seems that it takes 6 months for the application to process (almost the deadline for the DV lottery)

I wanted to ask you if any of you know how things should normally go, and how should I proceed next.

Is it normal that I did not received the letter for the final interview yet?
Should I make an appointment through Infopass to get more information about the current status of my case?

Thanks for your help,

I am amazed, your number becomes current only in May 2009 so USCIS did not reject you when you filed early. You are lucky. Since you have the fingerprinting done, just get an INFOPASS and go talk to them and ask for a supervisor. Keep doing this until you get an interview date. If you do not have an interview by June ask your US Senator to intervene on your behalf.
Good luck

Thank you for your advice.
In fact, I did a typo error my case number is 11XXX, so it is already current.
I was wondering if DV winners had a quicker processing time for AOS...

Hello everybody.
Have some questions to ask and would be pleased if got some answers.
Interview is scheduled on may06, warsaw.
And now letter from kcc says that I suppose to support Uncle Sam with 775$ (per person) and that must be paid before interview (we all know that)..... Do I need to pay that fee in my country or at Embassy in Warsaw just before interview?
And heard about Affidavit of Support. Am I required to bring anything like that to my interview? What if I don't need support?
Thanks a lot.

Hello everybody.
Have some questions to ask and would be pleased if got some answers.
Interview is scheduled on may06, warsaw.
And now letter from kcc says that I suppose to support Uncle Sam with 775$ (per person) and that must be paid before interview (we all know that)..... Do I need to pay that fee in my country or at Embassy in Warsaw just before interview?
And heard about Affidavit of Support. Am I required to bring anything like that to my interview? What if I don't need support?
Thanks a lot.

Hi readyornot,
$775 is paid at the embassy in warsaw just before the interview. You will need a job offer from a US employer or a lot of money on your account or an Affidavit of Support from a UC Citizen who will guarantee that they will take care of you. Have a look at some of the forums around here for guidance.

I am winner of 2010 lottery..Is it possible to learn the interview date before KCC send to you..Because once I read that KCC informs the current numbers 45 days before..For example if it is going to be current in May , you know it by March 15th..I am planning to go to my country 45 days before the interview so I am asking because of that? And I read once that we have to send some documents to the consulate before the interview date? How many days before we should send those documents? And finally what kind of questions do they ask in the interviews generally?

There is a forum on which people explain the whole interview process...very clear, maybe you should read that part.

back in the OLD EUROPE !!! what a feeling !! US was turning nasty indeed for last 1 and 1/2 so just to leave all that behind is sooooo goood ;feeling like getting born again ; good luck to all of you heading to US -you gonna need plenty of it ; Labour market is on the verge of colapsing !!!in the US so my advice prepare lots of money to live of -you will need it -also without contacts don't even bother looking for a job (of any kind) TOUGH ALL AROUND!!

back in the OLD EUROPE !!! what a feeling !! US was turning nasty indeed for last 1 and 1/2 so just to leave all that behind is sooooo goood ;feeling like getting born again ; good luck to all of you heading to US -you gonna need plenty of it ; Labour market is on the verge of colapsing !!!in the US so my advice prepare lots of money to live of -you will need it -also without contacts don't even bother looking for a job (of any kind) TOUGH ALL AROUND!!

Wow you know what you are talking about. I tried to say a similar thing on a forum in my country and was told that I was trying to talk people down, while I was just telling the truth, just as you are doing. Unemployment is overhere up to 9.5% and only going up. No loans given out specially not to people without no credit history.
On top of that, people overhere don't whine or care for you if you don't make...

I love it overhere, but for sure it is different than going on vacation to Disney Land and think you have seen what the US is about. Buying a house can be a huge thing and not as easy as where I'm from. Closing hardly happen on the day you planned it and you either can handle it and love it here or you want to crawl back as fast as possible.

back in the OLD EUROPE !!! what a feeling !! US was turning nasty indeed for last 1 and 1/2 so just to leave all that behind is sooooo goood ;feeling like getting born again

It is funny indeed to see how different peoples' opinions are: those who failed in US and have a hard time living without their mommy who would always come and clean up all the mess that they leave around, those like to tell how nasty US is... But those who like this wonderful country somehow find ways to live here, enjoy it and make the life better. And it is also good that Europe is big enough to let her kids come back. Good for US - the air will be cleaner here...

ouch that was bad comment if there is one -LOL -:) nobody called me a kid for almost 35 years so I guess its OK for that part - about making it over here -I had really a good start -if you read my past posts you can figure that much - good salary and position but then in 2007 everything started to go downhill - wish you all the best my friend -about "air getting cleaner"-don't think so -its getting more nasty for shure and harder for everyone -that influence people to do things I could not even describe here -FEAR and DESPAIR is most common thing you notice amongst "Americans" over here and its everywhere (in the air for shure- poluting it to the point where you choke on it )-FEAR of loosing a job and not having money and means to provide for ones family and DESPAIR of not seeing a single opportunity or possibility -you will see what I'm talking about pretty soon -for that part coming back to "old Europe "was liberating since i got rid of that feeling -------as I said wish you all the luck

Last edited by a moderator:
ouch that was bad comment if there is one -LOL -:) nobody called me a kid for almost 35 years so I guess its OK for that part - about making it over here -I had really a good start -if you read my past posts you can figure that much - good salary and position but then in 2007 everything started to go downhill - wish you all the best my friend -about "air getting cleaner"-don't think so -its getting more nasty for shure and harder for everyone -that influence people to do things I could not even describe here -FEAR and DESPAIR is most common thing you notice amongst "Americans" over here and its everywhere (in the air for shure- poluting it to the point where you choke on it )-FEAR of loosing a job and not having money and means to provide for ones family and DESPAIR of not seeing a single opportunity or possibility -you will see what I'm talking about pretty soon -for that part coming back to "old Europe "was liberating since i got rid of that feeling -------as I said wish you all the luck

Only this week 4 families moved out overnight in our sub community of 48 homes...one due to divorce the others due to being auctioned off at the court house and they stayed as long as they could. Mostly because the got greedy and started to buy so many homes with zero down mortgages, and they hardly ever paid a dime on the homes. We are cheering for every one of them to be gone, except for the divorced family, which is said and also they still paid their mortgage and HOA fee. If you see how greed and later dissapointment of not being able to flip the homes is changing people and how they start to blame everybody around them and specially foreigners. Even people from Porto Rico (of course it is part of the USA) are blaming foreigners, but it is so funny, they hardly speak any English and come across like foreigners them self.
I understand what the previous poster is saying...the last 2 yrs the attitude has changed and although we still love it here, it isn't as it was before and it very understandable that people are scared because in Europe if you loose your job you know you have a system that you still have at least a year with getting money from the government, over here that isn't the case...

you are correct 100% -"native" born US citizens are getting more hostile by day -I already mentioned that there is already some sort of "apartheid" when it comes to jobs offers -if you are foreign born (legal alien)resident you will get rejected for jobs even if you fit in on account of some "US people" which could be less educated then you or with less experiance for certain jobs ; I heard about some people getting jobs by bribing "human resources" personel-on average 1 month salary but could not confirm that yet(East cost -NY and Chicago leading in that scam)