• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Simple

hi, pls how did u reschedule your appointment, is it by email or what? cos it happued to me too but i was told to send an email to LAGOSIV.STATE.GOV and i did. so what is the next step 4 me to take plss put me truuu. cos my money did not complite on that day and i explain to them at the embassy.

That same day, we had to wait till 11pm for enquiry. I explain at the gate that our money was not complete so we need to reschedule the appointment at the gate. if you do same, they will give you a slip to go in. when it get to your turn inside, your name will be called and what you need to do is to explain your self. your previous appointment will definitely be reschedule.

Take care.

Tick Tock

Guys its almost my turn to shine. wish me well. you bet i'll have good news for y'all in a matter of hours. He who has promised is faithful to perform it!

Goodluck!

Guys its almost my turn to shine. wish me well. you bet i'll have good news for y'all in a matter of hours. He who has promised is faithful to perform it!
You shall go and come back successfully in Jesus name and congratulatory messages shall be pouring in left right and centre.Goodluck Promis!:)

Bound to

You're bound to succeed, go shine and come back with good news.

Not a problem

My good friends,

Pls let us share our experiences and ideas on the issue:-

A family friend had already gone interview and visa collected, though, his wife was pregnant during the period, after 2 weeks they had a new born baby in nigeria.

How can they obtain a visa for the new baby.......

If its possible? what is the next step to take......

we need your contributions please...

Hi,

If the lady gave birth after successful interview, they have 2options of going about it.

Firstly, they can notify KCC and send all the neccessary forms to them. They'll notify the embassy and you'll be called for an interview.

Secondly and the easiest is get a passport for your baby with birth certificate showing parent's full name and other docs indicating they are the biological parents then board a plane to the US. At the port of entry the baby will be given the same status as the parents.

I hope it helps and sorry for replying late i didn't see it initially.

you can always

Hello livewire and house, can I take my green card at one state say New York and decide to live another state say Ohio? Is it also obligatory that I obtain my SSN at where I had my GC. I have resolved to stay with a family member in another state rather than my sponsor in another state.

CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
2ND LETTER RECIEVED 14/11/08
Interview reschedulled to 23/2/09
successful fisrt interview 23/2/09
medicals completed
second interview 16/04/09
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God
Edit/Delete Message

Hi,

You can always do anything you want in any state. At any port of entry you can tell them you want to change your address to anywhere without any problems. You can get your SSN and green card anywhere and use it to work anywhere in the US.

There are no restrictions on what you do and where you'll stay when you get into the states but just make sure you stay where you won't be disturbed for sometime while you process your docs.

Good Luck.

How far?

hi paulash,
pls can u give me the name and phono no of that man for the police report? Cos i will like to du my from him my wife own cos 5k. If that one is 3k i will like that. Pls cornet me to him.

Bros, how was your interview? Please do feed us with the details.

Enjoy

It is important

Hi every one, nice to meet u here.
I have a question about the Affidavit of Support, is it necessary ? and what its code no.?

Hi,

The affidavit of support is very important for all but from testimonies it's not been asked from singles. I'll suggest you get one for your interview and if you're not asked at the interview, then you'll know you prepared for the worst case.

The form is I-134 and it is as attached.

Good Luck.

I want to address my admiration for the wonderful job you are doing. Each of you should be proud of your people. I got many useful advice from you guyz. I had many questions and i got almost all asked by others and got them answered well though i haven't been involved in the discussion until now. You are answering questions not only for the one who asked the question but also for all the visitors of this site who face similar problem. Saying this I want to ask you one question. I am DV 2009 winner from other African country but i moved Europe and notified KCC by e-mail the address change to get the 2NL and make the visa interview in Europe and they confirmed that it is accepted. When i sent e-mail yesterday asking my interview appointment date i got a reply that it is scheduled in my home country. I don't understand how this can happen after confirming that the change is acceptable. Should I go to home and make interview there or shall i contact KCC if they can reschedule the interview date?
Thanks

SIR,
thank u 4d vote of confidence. well to my own understanding, i think d email sent 2u by d dvlottery is an automatic message reply that ur message was delivered successfully, but if they actually reply u then u'll know cos another message will be sent 2u may atleast two to three days after u sent ur message.
since d date of ur interview have been schedule and u're in europe, 4u to reschedule ur interview u still 2 come back 2 africa to do dat so if u still time on urside 2meet up with d interview kindly come back and prepare 4 it and do it. frm past post on dis thread people have been coming back 2 their native country where they applied to do their interview. gud luck and i hope dis help...date?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

i want to address my admiration for the wonderful job you are doing. Each of you should be proud of your people. I got many useful advice from you guyz. I had many questions and i got almost all asked by others and got them answered well though i haven't been involved in the discussion until now. You are answering questions not only for the one who asked the question but also for all the visitors of this site who face similar problem. Saying this i want to ask you one question. I am dv 2009 winner from other african country but i moved europe and notified kcc by e-mail the address change to get the 2nl and make the visa interview in europe and they confirmed that it is accepted. When i sent e-mail yesterday asking my interview appointment date i got a reply that it is scheduled in my home country. I don't understand how this can happen after confirming that the change is acceptable. Should i go to home and make interview there or shall i contact kcc if they can reschedule the interview date?
Thanks

pick up your phone and call kcc directly to lay your complain, they will direct you on what steps to take, emails might not work for you.

All d best.

pick up your phone and call kcc directly to lay your complain, they will direct you on what steps to take, emails might not work for you.

All d best.

I just did the call and told me the same thing as they informed me by e-mail. It has been scheduled back home. I have decided to fly within two weeks.

Thank you very much for the replies. By the way the e-mail wasn't an auto reply. They answered in 24 hours.

Wish u all da best along ur way

The house is becoming very inactive.What's happening?Plz post your experiences whether good or bad.Goodluck to every one still waiting for the 2nd letter and those whose interviews are around the corner.

A quote ' d patient dog eat d fattest bone' i guess dat people are out of patient but i know with D visa bulletin around d corner again people will be visiting d thread by early next week. majority of people's CN is btw 11plus to 14plus which are likely 2b current june. pls join us in prayer.

It's unfortunate

The house is becoming very inactive.What's happening?Plz post your experiences whether good or bad.Goodluck to every one still waiting for the 2nd letter and those whose interviews are around the corner.

It's unfortunate that people don't get to talk until when a new bulletine comes out at the middle of the month. So hopefully we should get to see people here again end of this week.

Could anybody tell us how far with busalab and others who went for interview lately? I hope they're fine?

Wish everyone a blessed week.

Last edited by a moderator:
What to do when and after you get your visa

It's unfortunate that people don't get to talk until when a new bulletine comes out at the middle of the month. So hopefully we should get to see people here again end of this week.

Could anybody tell us how far with busalab and others who went for interview lately? I hope they're fine?

Wish everyone a blessed week.

What to do when and after you get your visa

I have tried simplifying this to make it readable for us all. This is based on my few weeks as an immigrant in the US unlike the visiting time. I hope this will help us all to put things together and in place before going to the US and also make us settle down on time. Please, do not expect to get a job immediately when you get there, don’t quote me, some might be lucky though. The list is not exhausted so if you think of anything that might help people just add it.

After Immigrant Visa Issuance

1. Do not rush to go to the US, take your time to come to the reality of getting the visa issued. I bet you, this might take some few weeks.
2. You have to learn how to drive a vehicle ‘cos the public transportation system in most states in the US is very bad and not as good as in Europe. You will definitely need it for most jobs and also moving around.
3. Try getting your transcript from your school whether you’re still in school or graduated. This will speed up your credential/certificate conversion from your country education to US system. If you’re still in school get it also so that you can get to know the credit/points you have to be able to fit into another University in the US. Try www.ierf.org, I had mine with them in los angeles.
4. Look into the area you want to reside in relation to your job/area of specialty versus affordability
5. Test the market for your kind of profession to see how much you worth in your chosen state. C link http://www.indeed.com/salary
6. Try to find out the kind of certifications you’ll need to get and the cost before you go to the US. For example if you’re an engineer or surveyor you might need to take EIT/PE certification (http://www.ncees.org/licensure/licensure_for_engineers/) and if you’re an accountant they might require you to take CPA (http://www.allbusinessschools.com/faqs/cpa-certification) etc.
7. I bet you, you’ll need money for virtually everything, so go with some money, I can’t tell exactly but something reasonable.
8. Lastly, please if you have a very good job, do not resign just yet come to the US to see how things are and make your decision.

I hope this will help some of us who thinks US is full of roses and that you just pick money on the street/blvd or whatever; it’s not easy at all over there. Although, it is a land where opportunities abound and when you prepare very well ahead at least things will be a lot easier.

‘To fail to prepare is to prepare to fail’. If you fail to prepare all you’ll be hearing on the street is WHAT’S UP NIGGER and you’ll be forced to start saying DEM. Please, pardon my spellings just accept it as a fact.

I wish everybody good luck as they move into the US.

If you'll need more info please do not hesitate to contact me on anjibobo@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to know if my son's CN is high. His CN is 2009AF00015xxx and he's from Nigeria. Has he got any realistic chance of being scheduled for an interview ? If he is, when is he likely to be current ? Please, I would very much appreciate if my questions are answered.:confused:

hi house,
we have to reschedule the interview date due to some things that came up that day. the problems new is that no reschedulement at that embassy again there will ask u to go to the net and send them a mail to lagosiv.state.gov, for them to reschedule u.and it takes some time cos my former date was 23 of march 2009 since then till now they have not reschedule me. am confuced of what to dooooo? can somebody help me out.

Good

I'd like to know if my son's CN is high. His CN is 2009AF00015xxx and he's from Nigeria. Has he got any realistic chance of being scheduled for an interview ? If he is, when is he likely to be current ? Please, I would very much appreciate if my questions are answered.:confused:

Hi,

Your son's case no is not bad and should be current for July09.

Good luck