• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Lesson for us all

hi house,
we have to reschedule the interview date due to some things that came up that day. the problems new is that no reschedulement at that embassy again there will ask u to go to the net and send them a mail to lagosiv.state.gov, for them to reschedule u.and it takes some time cos my former date was 23 of march 2009 since then till now they have not reschedule me. am confuced of what to dooooo? can somebody help me out.

Hi,

Good to know that you rescheduled your appointment and i hope you'll get one soon. What i can advice is try call them up at least every 2-3days interval to let them know you have not been rescheduled yet.

My advice to people is don't try to reschedule again 'cos the end of the fiscal year is getting very close and you might forfeit your chance of been called back for another interview.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd like to know if my son's cn is high. His cn is 2009af00015xxx and he's from nigeria. Has he got any realistic chance of being scheduled for an interview ? If he is, when is he likely to be current ? Please, i would very much appreciate if my questions are answered.:confused:

your son will definitely get a date for interview before sept. Watchout for the next visa bulletin coming out in few days.

what to do when and after you get your visa

i have tried simplifying this to make it readable for us all. This is based on my few weeks as an immigrant in the us unlike the visiting time. I hope this will help us all to put things together and in place before going to the us and also make us settle down on time. Please, do not expect to get a job immediately when you get there, don’t quote me, some might be lucky though. The list is not exhausted so if you think of anything that might help people just add it.

after immigrant visa issuance

1. Do not rush to go to the us, take your time to come to the reality of getting the visa issued. I bet you, this might take some few weeks.
2. You have to learn how to drive a vehicle ‘cos the public transportation system in most states in the us is very bad and not as good as in europe. You will definitely need it for most jobs and also moving around.
3. Try getting your transcript from your school whether you’re still in school or graduated. This will speed up your credential/certificate conversion from your country education to us system. If you’re still in school get it also so that you can get to know the credit/points you have to be able to fit into another university in the us. Try www.ierf.org, i had mine with them in los angeles.
4. Look into the area you want to reside in relation to your job/area of specialty versus affordability
5. Test the market for your kind of profession to see how much you worth in your chosen state. C link http://www.indeed.com/salary
6. Try to find out the kind of certifications you’ll need to get and the cost before you go to the us. For example if you’re an engineer or surveyor you might need to take eit/pe certification (http://www.ncees.org/licensure/licensure_for_engineers/) and if you’re an accountant they might require you to take cpa (http://www.allbusinessschools.com/faqs/cpa-certification) etc.
7. I bet you, you’ll need money for virtually everything, so go with some money, i can’t tell exactly but something reasonable.
8. Lastly, please if you have a very good job, do not resign just yet come to the us to see how things are and make your decision.

I hope this will help some of us who thinks us is full of roses and that you just pick money on the street/blvd or whatever; it’s not easy at all over there. Although, it is a land where opportunities abound and when you prepare very well ahead at least things will be a lot easier.

‘to fail to prepare is to prepare to fail’. If you fail to prepare all you’ll be hearing on the street is what’s up nigger and you’ll be forced to start saying dem. Please, pardon my spellings just accept it as a fact.

I wish everybody good luck as they move into the us.

If you'll need more info please do not hesitate to contact me on anjibobo@yahoo.com

4real,

thanks for ur write-ups, its really insightful, its been 3 months now since me & my wife got our visas and we are yet to travel. Am still preparing, cos am not just goin to jump out to us since no one is chasing me out of naija, am still planning, preparing & praying 2 god.
I have a good business here, and i've been working on transferring some of my funds & business to the states, and i believe god for much more greatness when i arrive.
My advice is dat no one should just run away like that, cos no ,money on the streets of us.

Let all men be patient & seek the face of god.
God will guide & direct us all.

Hi,

Your son's case no is not bad and should be current for July09.

Good luck

Thanks a million. 4real4u you're doing a great job. I'm very greatful to you for the very encouraging answer you gave to my enquiries. Now I've got the feeling that my boy has a very good shot at being scheduled for an interview. Kudos to all the brothers & sisters on this forum and may the good Lord continue to bless you all, especially my compatriots from Nigeria.:D

your son will definitely get a date for interview before sept. Watchout for the next visa bulletin coming out in few days.

Thanks Livewire007. I really appreciate your advice. You guys are doing a fine job on this forum. I wish y'all Godspeed in all your endeavors.:)

How far?

Guys its almost my turn to shine. wish me well. you bet i'll have good news for y'all in a matter of hours. He who has promised is faithful to perform it!

Promix,

How far with your interview? Let us know so that we can rejoice with you.

Enjoy

visa bulletin for the month of june.

For JUNE, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 39,600 Except:
Egypt 20,650
Ethiopia 19,500
Nigeria 12,750

ASIA 30,350
EUROPE 28,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 15
OCEANIA 930
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,100

Not bad

For JUNE, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 39,600 Except:
Egypt 20,650
Ethiopia 19,500
Nigeria 12,750

ASIA 30,350
EUROPE 28,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 15
OCEANIA 930
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,100

Not bad an increment or what do you guys think?

june !!!

I think its not bad too.

but am just thinking where they might cut off this year.

The numbers seems to be dropping month on month if compared to the last 3 years.

Above all am current in June!.

what next from here...

i think its not bad too.

But am just thinking where they might cut off this year.

The numbers seems to be dropping month on month if compared to the last 3 years.

Above all am current in june!.

What next from here...

after the 15th of april, pick up your phone & call kcc to confirm your interview date.

All the best.

Tanks house.
i had a successful interview on 31st March and i collected my visa 7th April. To God be the glory. i really appreciate all ur contributions and advice u gave to me during my preparations, God bless u all.

it was really a favour 4rm God and i was only asked a few questions:

my full name
where i serve
title of my project at school
av i married
where did my spouse meet me
which year.

that is all.

And i pray 4 all those awaiting 4 interview dat God will indeed prepare the ground 4 them.
thanks

Congrats

Tanks house.
i had a successful interview on 31st March and i collected my visa 7th April. To God be the glory. i really appreciate all ur contributions and advice u gave to me during my preparations, God bless u all.

my full name
where i serve
av i married
which year.

that is all.

And i pray 4 all those awaiting 4 interview dat God will indeed prepare the ground 4 them.
thanks

Congratulations.

Get docs together

I think its not bad too.

but am just thinking where they might cut off this year.

Above all am current in June!.

what next from here...

Hi,

Congratulations. I think instead of calling them just send them an email next week as a black and white confirmation for starting your medicals at Kamorass. Start getting other docs like police certificate, affidavit of support etc together in preparation for your interview.

I feared they might dash the hope of some people. Fingers crossed.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
one more success story!

Tanks house.

my full name
where i serve
av i married
which year.

that is all.

thanks

Congratulations!