• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Cost of Medicals/Police Report

Hi all,
Pls members that recently did their Police Report and Medicals should kindly tell us the current costs.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
can i still delay the page one of the DS230 form that was mail back to me from KCC till when i will get the full details of my sponsor? i will like to know if they wont be any problem on the delay.

I will advice you send it back to Kcc through email or post mail but preferably email and go to interview with the hard copy of it

Hello,

Thank you for your reply ,I have to ask you two questions.

1.Do you mean the child can travel without visa ?

2. But i will also like you to clear this to me , what about if my wife had the baby a month before the interview and already we have gotten our interview date from KCC, can we still notify KCC about the new born baby?

Hey,
As soon as that happens notify kcc even if it after your interview they will advice you on the next step to take.

Place of Birth

Hello House,
please,i want to confirm whether "City where you are born" that appears on the form during online dv application process means the same thing with "Place of Birth" that appears DS-230.
i.e Does "City where you are born" and "Place of Birth" mean the same statement?

yes.

Hello House,
please,i want to confirm whether "City where you are born" that appears on the form during online dv application process means the same thing with "Place of Birth" that appears DS-230.
i.e Does "City where you are born" and "Place of Birth" mean the same statement?
on the DS-230 form,we have place of birth(city or town) and the online form asked for city where u were born.It' just the samething.The major thing here is consistency.If u were born in ikeja,a neigbourhood in lagos for example,your place of birth should be lagos and not ikeja.Things like these might tarnish one's credibility.Wish you the best!

Hello House,

"City where you are born" and "Place of Birth" means the same, pls dont change your answers.

on the DS-230 form,we have place of birth(city or town) and the online form asked for city where u were born.It' just the samething.The major thing here is consistency.If u were born in ikeja,a neigbourhood in lagos for example,your place of birth should be lagos and not ikeja.Things like these might tarnish one's credibility.Wish you the best!

Benzobenzo,

I beg to differ on ur statement, being born in Ikeja & being Born in Lagos is different, and the consulate also consider that as differnet, all you need to do is to be consistent with your answers, if you write Ikeja stick with it, cos the consulate is always looking for flimsy reasons to disqualify a winner.

Be consistent.

"City where you are born" and "Place of Birth" means the same, pls dont change your answers.

Benzobenzo,

I beg to differ on ur statement, being born in Ikeja & being Born in Lagos is different, and the consulate also consider that as differnet, all you need to do is to be consistent with your answers, if you write Ikeja stick with it, cos the consulate is always looking for flimsy reasons to disqualify a winner.
Anyway,the bottom line here is consistency.Make sure it's the same thing u filled in all the documents b/4 going for your interview.

Good one!

Guys,

Glory to God, we landed in Los Angeles few hours ago. We were on the visitor line and later taken to the secondary inspection unit where we finished the whole process and changed our address. We spent 45minutes in total and it was pretty straight forward.
Congratulations!

Primary School Certificate

Hello House,

Hi Benzobenzo,livewire007 and Other members of the house,
I really appreciate the way you guyz respond to my question.God will surely make us successful in life.
I have another thing that is keep bitting in my heart,and i wish the house to advice me on the issue.
In the DS-230 forms,we were told to list out all the school attended,and i did so.I.e i include my primary school that i attended,but i dont've certificate that i can present for it.
I went to my ex-primary sch to request for it,i was told by the school that they haven't receiced it since 1992.So i try to gave them some coins to go and help me to request for it at Lagos state educational board since last year May,but uptill now is not yet ready.
So i don't know what to do.Although,i had Testimonial that i collected from the school when i graduated 1992,so i don't know whether i can present that on the of my interview,and again on my testimonial,my Middle Name is not on it.
So house what do you think about it?

I really appreciate the way you guyz respond to my question.God will surely make us successful in life.
I have another thing that is keep bitting in my heart,and i wish the house to advice me on the issue.
In the DS-230 forms,we were told to list out all the school attended,and i did so.I.e i include my primary school that i attended,but i dont've certificate that i can present for it.
I went to my ex-primary sch to request for it,i was told by the school that they haven't receiced it since 1992.So i try to gave them some coins to go and help me to request for it at Lagos state educational board since last year May,but uptill now is not yet ready.
So i don't know what to do.Although,i had Testimonial that i collected from the school when i graduated 1992,so i don't know whether i can present that on the of my interview,and again on my testimonial,my Middle Name is not on it.

they are not going to ask you for your primary school cert so dont bother yourself all you need is your waec or neco or GCE. and if you are a graduate you can include your degree certificate.

hi house,
can somebody tell us the price of medical, i mean the price of the money to be paid. plzzzz cos am going there next week. 4 me and my family, and the rate per doller at embassy.

Your testimonial is an evidence that you actually attended a primary school.The fact that your middle name is not there is not really an issue.Go with it along side your waec result(which is the basic requirement) and all other credentials.Hope this helps.Goodluck!

hi house,
can somebody tell us the price of medical, i mean the price of the money to be paid. plzzzz cos am going there next week. 4 me and my family, and the rate per doller at embassy.
Just have enough money in your account and go with your ATM card.I think we have banks with ATMs around the hospital..I will advise you go with the stated amount in Dollars to the embassy rather than going with naira that might not be enough.Hope this helps.Goodluck!

Just have enough money in your account and go with your ATM card.I think we have banks with ATMs around the hospital..I will advise you go with the stated amount in Dollars to the embassy rather than going with naira that might not be enough.Hope this helps.Goodluck!

Pls take no offence Benzobenzo but how much is "enough money"?
In my opinion, giving a figure will be more helpful. So pls those who just concluded their medicals should help us with the cost.
Thanks.

Certificate

Hi, i think d most important certificate u should focus on his ur tertiary institution if u are still schooling but if u are working then be ready with any certificate relevent 2 d work but i think ur year of experience will be d subject of interview. hope this help

Price

Call d medical center 2 confirm d actual price but u have 2 call them 2 book appointment first b4 going and as for d dollar price, i think it will be better 4u 2 change it b4 going 2d embassy so as 2 avoid shortage overthere. the last person dat post his experience was 160 per 1 dollar.

Price

Call d medical center 2 confirm d actual price but u have 2 call them 2 book appointment first b4 going and as for d dollar price, i think it will be better 4u 2 change it b4 going 2d embassy so as 2 avoid shortage overthere. the last person dat post his experience was 160 per 1 dollar.

Price