• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

winners will always win!

Hi I want to share our interview experience with you....
We got to the embassy around 5.45am for our 7am interview by 6.30am we were asked to queue up in different visa category, drop box, DV and IV as we went through the security checks we were given payment and information slips. Then we got inside and the trouble started, we had gone with naira and upon entry discovered that they had changed their rate from N125 to N160 to $1 that’s crazy anyway we were short of 2k thank God we even took extra money with us so if you are going for your interview pls go with dollars and not naira except it is more than 160 at the black market.
So after payment our number DV15 was called to window 12 to submit our documents, my wife who is the main applicant did all that, and she was not asked for AOS. By 8.30am our number was called to the same window 12 and we were interviewed by this young and friendly guy not more than 20 yrs.

CO: raise your right hand
US: we did and took the oath and fingerprint, jokingly I raised the right hand of my 16 months old daughter too and the CO laughed.
CO: to my wife, your name and date of birth
My wife: bla……..
CO: to me, how long did your wife stay at the hospital after she had your baby
Me: so so so so days
CO: why
Me: the baby had malaria
CO: how is she now?
Me: fine
CO: to my wife, you have a degree
My wife: yes
CO: in what?
My wife: Law
CO: Oh that’s good, have you gone to law school
CO: is it lagos or Abuja
My wife: Lagos
CO: do you memorize for you exams or cite cases
My wife: We cite cases
CO: congrats you are eligible to immigrate to the United States give me some minute to put a finish to your case
Me: how long does it take to become a lawyer in the US?
CO: 7 yrs
Me: so how long will it take my wife to qualify as a US lawyer?
CO: it depends there are ways of accommodating international students but when you get there the school of your choice will furnish you with the information but can’t be long, who is coming to pick the visa?
My wife: my husband
CO: ok wait while I pick your slip from the printer.
When he came back he returned our original certificates and gave us the blue pickup slip and said congrats again.

Please make sure you are confident and don’t use any fake documents, only go with the listed documents in the package sent to you. If you can get an AOS if not don’t bother if there is any need for it they will ask you to bring later.
Best of luck to all waiting for their interview.

your responses to the CO's questions were direct,clear and accurate.That's good.Winners will always win.:)

Hi I want to share our interview experience with you....
We got to the embassy around 5.45am for our 7am interview by 6.30am we were asked to queue up in different visa category, drop box, DV and IV as we went through the security checks we were given payment and information slips. Then we got inside and the trouble started, we had gone with naira and upon entry discovered that they had changed their rate from N125 to N160 to $1 that’s crazy anyway we were short of 2k thank God we even took extra money with us so if you are going for your interview pls go with dollars and not naira except it is more than 160 at the black market.
So after payment our number DV15 was called to window 12 to submit our documents, my wife who is the main applicant did all that, and she was not asked for AOS. By 8.30am our number was called to the same window 12 and we were interviewed by this young and friendly guy not more than 20 yrs.

CO: raise your right hand
US: we did and took the oath and fingerprint, jokingly I raised the right hand of my 16 months old daughter too and the CO laughed.
CO: to my wife, your name and date of birth
My wife: bla……..
CO: to me, how long did your wife stay at the hospital after she had your baby
Me: so so so so days
CO: why
Me: the baby had malaria
CO: how is she now?
Me: fine
CO: to my wife, you have a degree
CO: in what?
CO: Oh that’s good, have you gone to law school
CO: is it lagos or Abuja
My wife: Lagos
CO: do you memorize for you exams or cite cases
My wife: We cite cases
CO: congrats you are eligible to immigrate to the United States give me some minute to put a finish to your case
Me: how long does it take to become a lawyer in the US?
CO: 7 yrs
Me: so how long will it take my wife to qualify as a US lawyer?
CO: it depends there are ways of accommodating international students but when you get there the school of your choice will furnish you with the information but can’t be long, who is coming to pick the visa?
My wife: my husband
CO: ok wait while I pick your slip from the printer.
When he came back he returned our original certificates and gave us the blue pickup slip and said congrats again.

Please make sure you are confident and don’t use any fake documents, only go with the listed documents in the package sent to you. If you can get an AOS if not don’t bother if there is any need for it they will ask you to bring later.

hi congats for ur interview, pis did u paid for ur baby visa fees too and did u got internationa passport for her too, pls i need to no

Hi

hi congats for ur interview, pis did u paid for ur baby visa fees too and did u got internationa passport for her too, pls i need to no

Hi,

You'll have to pay for everybody who will be given US visa, so you will pay for your baby regardles of age. I advice you get your baby a passport for the visa to be placed on it.

Enjoy and good luck with your interview.

Hi

My fellow Friends,

Pls let us share this question together, a DV2009 winner filled three names during dvlottery programme (first, middle and surname... but only the first name and surname are in her educational certificates. Thus, her birth cert , marriage cert, int'l passport, police report had three names(first, middle and surname)

What are your views.......and contributions

Godblesschuks

Hi,

It doesn't matter, it was exactly like that in my case. The certificates especially my WAEC was in my 1st name and surname but passports etc has my 2nd name and it was never raised.

All you need do is go there confidently and pray to God for unmerited favour on the interview day. Another thing you could do is get NPC birth certificate containing the 3names if she doesn't have one yet. If she has original birth certificte from birth ask her to forget it and get the NPC one with the 3names.

I hope it helps?

Enjoy

Hi

10q i called KCC with a positive response that my letter will get to me in d next 2weeks. But one issue again is that in my initial application on net i used my wife maiden name for her own family name instead of using my surname for her but i corrected in NL they sent. pls would that not affect our chance?
And can i continue using her maiden to issue international passport?

Hi,

Actually, your case no was current for January09 i think but since you submitted your forms late and it usually take 5-6months to process, your interview will be either march or april09.

As per your wife issue can you answer the question below:

Did you marry her before filling out the form on the internet or not?

I am asking bcos i don't see any reason why you would fill in her maiden name if you had already married her before the lottery application. Anyways, answer the question and we'll take it up from there.

Enjoy

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's happened before

For April, immigrant numbers
AFRICA 26,900
Nigeria 9,900

Guys,

Fear not it as happened before and it's no cause for alarm. We should all expect a big jump may be next month or the one after.

Enjoy

i had a successful interview yesterday, to come and collect the documents on thursday.

God is good

success to those current and god will help those yet to be current become current and have successful interviews

for those who have not identified themselves through the cp, please do so, so we can know you better.

Thank you all

kongrats on your successful interview.

Wishing all the rest people succes in their interviews.

hi i want to share our interview experience with you....
We got to the embassy around 5.45am for our 7am interview by 6.30am we were asked to queue up in different visa category, drop box, dv and iv as we went through the security checks we were given payment and information slips. Then we got inside and the trouble started, we had gone with naira and upon entry discovered that they had changed their rate from n125 to n160 to $1 that’s crazy anyway we were short of 2k thank god we even took extra money with us so if you are going for your interview pls go with dollars and not naira except it is more than 160 at the black market.
So after payment our number dv15 was called to window 12 to submit our documents, my wife who is the main applicant did all that, and she was not asked for aos. By 8.30am our number was called to the same window 12 and we were interviewed by this young and friendly guy not more than 20 yrs.

Co: Raise your right hand
us: We did and took the oath and fingerprint, jokingly i raised the right hand of my 16 months old daughter too and the co laughed.
Co: To my wife, your name and date of birth
my wife: Bla……..
Co: To me, how long did your wife stay at the hospital after she had your baby
me: So so so so days
co: Why
me: The baby had malaria
co: How is she now?
Me: Fine
co: To my wife, you have a degree
my wife: Yes
co: In what?
co: Oh that’s good, have you gone to law school
my wife: Yes
co: Is it lagos or abuja
my wife: Lagos
co: Do you memorize for you exams or cite cases
my wife: We cite cases
co: Congrats you are eligible to immigrate to the united states give me some minute to put a finish to your case
me: How long does it take to become a lawyer in the us?
Co: 7 yrs
me: So how long will it take my wife to qualify as a us lawyer?
Co: It depends there are ways of accommodating international students but when you get there the school of your choice will furnish you with the information but can’t be long, who is coming to pick the visa?
My wife: My husband
co: Ok wait while i pick your slip from the printer.

Please make sure you are confident and don’t use any fake documents, only go with the listed documents in the package sent to you. If you can get an aos if not don’t bother if there is any need for it they will ask you to bring later.

wow, this was really a cake walk interview, i wish you a much more successful experience in the US.

CONGRATULATION to both of u and ur family...
but one thing keep amarsing me which is : ARE THERE NO SINGLE WINNERS IN THIS FORUM WHO HAVE DONE THEIR INTERVIEW AND WAS SUCCESSFUL B'COS THE ONLY PERSON I CAN RECALL HE SAID THAT IT CASE REQUIRE ADVANCE SOMETHING... anyone should pls post in his expirence,
my biggest fear is that should i asked of aff. of support frm d person i'll be staying with in state, cos those questions in that form i-134 are too personnel to ask for on my own eye... which his not an imitate family member, anybody should pls post in anything that can help me get the fear of my chest. 1 luv.

hmmmmm, just wish tof find out if one can renew his immigrant visa at the consulate where the processing was done. Am not done with studies (2months left)and my Dday is fast approaching

Hello my fellow Naija Forum Friends,

Had anyone been asked of affidavit of support? since the beginning of this dv2009.

Pls I need responses.

Thanks

Follow simple instructions!

Had anyone been asked of affidavit of support? since the beginning of this dv2009.

Pls I need responses.

Thanks

pls clik on user cp and register ur details to become a genuine member,I doubt whether u are one:eek:

KONGIS,

Pls do u have children......

There's no criteria that really states that you will or you wont be asked of Affidavit of Support (AOS), as this all depends on the consular officer conducting your interview, but most times couples with children might be asked for it while singles might be exempted, but if u can get one try 2 take it along with you to the interview if not, just forget about it and pray the matter wont come up.
Worst case scenario
Even if you dont have an AOS they wont deny u ur visa based on that, they might just ask you to bring it another day.

Cheer up.

Pls I need responses.

Thanks

To ask of AOS by the cosular based on his discression and what so ever he feel at that particular point in time even if it would be mandatory you might be asked to bring it at another time but you can not be denied for not having it but to be at safer side just try and get one if you are married.

Regards,
mcdemmy

livewire007,

Infact, may God bless u and ur family. Almost every member of this forum had benefited so much from ur good information.

Thus, if u are still in Nigeria, I would like to meet one on one

my sales@hydrotrans.org

Thanks

Hi,

Actually, your case no was current for January09 i think but since you submitted your forms late and it usually take 5-6months to process, your interview will be either march or april09.

As per your wife issue can you answer the question below:

Did you marry her before filling out the form on the internet or not?

I am asking bcos i don't see any reason why you would fill in her maiden name if you had already married her before the lottery application. Anyways, answer the question and we'll take it up from there.

Enjoy

Enjoy.

Yes we've married before i filled the form. our marriage was August,2007.
But d reason i used her maiden name was that she had not changed her name on newspaper then. Though i didn't plan 4 dat at the time of filling the form and couple with my inadequate information on that then.
Thanks