• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Nigeria is both, depending on where you are at, there is a stronger influence of each by region
BIBOKEYO,
Pls edit your Profile signature, as it will help us in helping you better.
Click on this link and fill in your whole lottery details including your present status.

http://forums.immigration.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

e;g.
case number 2009AF0000130xx
Letter dated 4th April 2008
NL Received 31st may 2008
Sent Back 1st july
------------------------

clementfemi, ur number was current in january. though i don't anything about doing CP but i suggest you call KCC to let them know. or maybe anyone in this great forum can help him on what he shd do pls. i did AOS and i sent in my apckage as my number became current and i'm already done. but here's a copy of the visa bulletin u're requesting for.

. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JANUARY

For January, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 18,300 Egypt 10,800
Ethiopia 10,000
Nigeria 8,400

ASIA 8,300
EUROPE 15,400
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4
OCEANIA 480
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 790

Source: U.S State Department.

so what this means is that all case numbers less than or equals to 8,400 can apply for january. i hope that explain what u want to know.

10q but what do u think about the time i submitted my letter which is 1st September 2008. Don't u think hat can affect me?

10q but what do u think about the time i submitted my letter which is 1st September 2008. Don't u think hat can affect me?

You submitted your forms to KCC late so u might have to wait till march or April before you can get an appointment date, cos it ussually takes approximately 6 months for your returned forms to be processed. So exercise a little patient, better still you can call KCC on the 16th Feb. cos by then a new visa bulletin will be out.

clementfemi,
just like livewire007 said, u'll get ur letter but it might be late. bcos u sent it in september will not affect though. call them at KCC and explain to them quoting ur case number. good luck.

Advance notification of the diversity (dv) immigrant category rank

Sorry Ladies/Gents, It appears that Nigerian has come to a halt. Maybe next month will be better

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4427.html

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN APRIL

For April, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA 26,900
Except: Egypt 17,400
Ethiopia 15,700
Nigeria 9,900

ASIA 17,400
Except: Bangladesh 11,000

EUROPE 20,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 715
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 900

God,plz fast forward this cutoff stuff!

Sorry Ladies/Gents, It appears that Nigerian has come to a halt. Maybe next month will be better

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4427.html

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN APRIL

For April, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA 26,900
Except: Egypt 17,400
Ethiopia 15,700
Nigeria 9,900

ASIA 17,400
Except: Bangladesh 11,000

EUROPE 20,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 715
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 900

what a cut off?No increment for mighty 9iger,just 100 for Africa.God fast forward this stuff for us plz!!:(

My fellow Friends,

Pls let us share this question together, a DV2009 winner filled three names during dvlottery programme (first, middle and surname... but only the first name and surname are in her educational certificates. Thus, her birth cert , marriage cert, int'l passport, police report had three names(first, middle and surname)

What are your views.......and contributions

Godblesschuks

Naija Tanked!

Hi people, this is not a cause for alarm lets keep hope alive.

I just noticed the Naija as adjusted to Dv 2008 levels!

Please see the attached doc.

my fellow friends,

pls let us share this question together, a dv2009 winner filled three names during dvlottery programme (first, middle and surname... But only the first name and surname are in her educational certificates. Thus, her birth cert , marriage cert, int'l passport, police report had three names(first, middle and surname)

what are your views.......and contributions

godblesschuks
no cause for alarm, there are worst cases more than that, once all the names are there, the case will be cleared.

You submitted your forms to KCC late so u might have to wait till march or April before you can get an appointment date, cos it ussually takes approximately 6 months for your returned forms to be processed. So exercise a little patient, better still you can call KCC on the 16th Feb. cos by then a new visa bulletin will be out.

10q very much. i called them yesterday and i was told to be expecting my letter by next 2weeks. But i av these questions for u. i need all the details about police clearance (amount, ao long does it take to process that?), medical report fees and appropriate time to do it. may be i can do it b4 the letter would come or not?
Also, i was told that embassy only accepts affidavit of birth issue by NPC bcos from thier office here in osogbo, they dont issue original birth certificate but sworn affidavit birth certificate. what is ur view on this.
Thanks a lot

clementfemi,
just like livewire007 said, u'll get ur letter but it might be late. bcos u sent it in september will not affect though. call them at KCC and explain to them quoting ur case number. good luck.

10q i called KCC with a positive response that my letter will get to me in d next 2weeks. But one issue again is that in my initial application on net i used my wife maiden name for her own family name instead of using my surname for her but i corrected in NL they sent. pls would that not affect our chance?

Pls clemetfemi,

U need NPC birht cert. Thus, if u were born in 1978, NPC birth cert would be issued below 1978...that 1977 down, u need RE- NPC cert. becos NPC was promogated in 1978 for all Nigeria born children from 1978. However, this NPC for 1978 above could be issued from Local council while RE-NPC are issued from NPC head office or Zonal offices.

Thanks

Godblesschuks

npc? for what

what did we need NPC for and what is the meaning? pls i have the original brith certificate so.......

U need NPC birht cert. Thus, if u were born in 1978, NPC birth cert would be issued below 1978...that 1977 down, u need RE- NPC cert. becos NPC was promogated in 1978 for all Nigeria born children from 1978. However, this NPC for 1978 above could be issued from Local council while RE-NPC are issued from NPC head office or Zonal offices.

Thanks

Godblesschuks[/QUOTE]

nothing dey happen

Hi people, this is not a cause for alarm lets keep hope alive.

I just noticed the Naija as adjusted to Dv 2008 levels!

Please see the attached doc.

i believe that... the fact that naijia did not increase is going to affect us so pls keep hope alive see u all there

1 luv

is not a big deal

just make sure that the three names keep showing on all your document: international passport, medical, ur results so don't be afraid

10q i called KCC with a positive response that my letter will get to me in d next 2weeks. But one issue again is that in my initial application on net i used my wife maiden name for her own family name instead of using my surname for her but i corrected in NL they sent. pls would that not affect our chance?
And can i continue using her maiden to issue international passport?

april visa bulletin is out and its too bad 4 naija.....

the cut of mark for naija in march was 9900 and still the same 9900 in the month of april.what is really happening...its looks as if us embassy dont want 2 give visa to people from naija again or what do you people think. i want people to contribute oooo. chect the cut of marks at www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4428.html

Last edited by a moderator: