• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

hi Railfront

Hello All,
I am really impressed with the level of information and assistance this forum has provided as regards dv-lottery enquiries.
My wife won the dv-2009 lottery and our case number is 2009AF00014xxx.we have not received the second package from kentucky.i will like to ask the house if any one has an idea when we shall be receiving the second package and also if any one has interview tips for couples.

Thank you

Congrats to u & ur wife.
Find time to read through this thread as well as 2008 edition for Nigerian winners, u will find encyclopeadia of info lol,
Success wishes to your family, concerning ur 2nd package u shud be on a look out by May cos the number is kinda slow now, visit the link livewire sent to u

RE:Godblesschuks

aadepetun,
Congrats....just 2 questions......! it was miracle.

Pls, which of the window...do you have ur interview and is it white or black that interviewed you.

Regards

Godblesschuks

Hi Godblesschuks,

Its funny you'd ask...
Unfortunately, I didn't pay any attention to what window we were called to.

I also don't think that a consular officer being black or white has anything to do with applicants getting a visa.

I will say that you should get ready. Be very prepared and be as relaxed and honest as possible.

Good Luck.

Hello, every one in the house and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Am sorry have not been participating in the forum for long time, its been work. So i want to congratulate new winners, those that has had a successful interview, best of luck to those awaiting their interview dates and those already in America.

Hope to keep in touch again soon.

greetings to this great house. I present to you my present situation for prayers and advice:

I had plans of leaving nigeria to practice in another country (not the usa) before i got my 1st nl. I shared my traveling plans with kcc and they assured me it was possible to schedule my interview in the other country as long as i send them my new 'physical' address. I did travel and complied with the directive, and kcc confirmed the receipt of the info and promised to add it to my case note for review. To cut the story short, my interview was still scheduled to hold on lagos! When i called to express my dissatisfaction, they told me the address i sent appeared like a temporary one (because i added 'c/o a friend!) so they had to use my old address. I was asked to call the us embassy in my country of residence so they could contact the lagos office and effect the transfer of my file. I have called them and im working on it presently. My question is:
  • does anyone know of any similar situation?
    • if yes, what was the outcome?
      Responses and prayers will be appreciated.

folks im still waiting for your response!
Meanwhile is there any doctor in the house?

Hi

folks im still waiting for your response!
Meanwhile is there any doctor in the house?

Hi, below are the answers to your questions:

1. No
2. N/A

When you share your travelling plans with KCC did you fill out another form to send to them? If no, I think that’s why they sent the letter to your former address and not because it is in care of somebody, ‘cos they send to in care of people a lot. The person processing might not notice the case note but had it been it was a new form of change of details, I don’t think they’ll miss it.

Since they’ve advised you just do as they’ve said and keep on calling until something is done about it.

Don’t worry all will be fine and we’ll keep praying for you.

Good Luck.

New AOS form

Guys, see attachment for the new AOS form and instructions updated on 31st october 08 as to the last one which was updated 14 July 06. I should think the old one is still valid but i suggest you use this for future AOS.

Good Luck to everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, below are the answers to your questions:

1. No
2. N/A

When you share your travelling plans with KCC did you fill out another form to send to them? If no, I think that’s why they sent the letter to your former address and not because it is in care of somebody, ‘cos they send to in care of people a lot. The person processing might not notice the case note but had it been it was a new form of change of details, I don’t think they’ll miss it.

Since they’ve advised you just do as they’ve said and keep on calling until something is done about it.

Don’t worry all will be fine and we’ll keep praying for you.

Good Luck.

Thanks 4Real4u, you are the best!
I will be sure to visit you someday in the States, but not without a bottle of...(laughs.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pls help me out my
case number is 2009AF00080XX
Letter Dated 4th April 2008
Received in Nigeria 31st July
Sent back 1st September
But my fear is that the curent number is 8400 on the visa bulletin for January while that of advance notification for february reach 9500 but i av not received my second letter.
pls what can i do? am i still save. pls i need ur urgent response. And i dont know if i can call them to no wheather my letter is received.
Thanks

thanks

Hi

Thanks 4Real4u, you are the best!
I will be sure to visit you someday in the States, but not without a bottle of...(laughs.)

Thanksman

Visiting in the US is expensive unless we stay in neighbouring states where u can just drive down. Lets hope one day we'll see face to face.

I should be in Nigeria b4 the end of the week.

C ya.

tomorrow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pls help me out my
case number is 2009AF00080XX
Letter Dated 4th April 2008
Received in Nigeria 31st July
Sent back 1st September
But my fear is that the curent number is 8400 on the visa bulletin for January while that of advance notification for february reach 9500 but i av not received my second letter.
pls what can i do? am i still save. pls i need ur urgent response. And i dont know if i can call them to no wheather my letter is received.
Thanks

thanks

Hi,

I think tomorrow will be exactly one month you've been on this forum and we've answered this question over and over. Lets try and go through the threads before we ask questions. Lets get challenging questions that can help others and not same questions been repeated over and over.

Since you sent it back 1st September 08, the processing usually take 5months before your 2nd NL is prepared and sent to you. Anyways, you can call them first to find out your interview date and whether your 2nd NL is been sent out or not, if confirmed verbally then go ahead and email them for 2nd NL to be sent to you via email, if they've sent it and you've not seen it yet.

I hope you've started getting your docs together?

Good Luck

go bro!

Greetings to this great house. I present to you my present situation for prayers and advice:[My question is:
  • Does anyone know of any similar incident?
    • If yes, what was the outcome?
      Responses and prayers will be appreciated.

similar cases are not the same ,the people that claim they are experienced may even be learning from you now,u know?
Just ask questions when you are stucked,ok
follow the direction and be ready to answer questions about the letter to KCC and the action that u might have taken thereafter,success wishes.

case number 2009AF000080xx
Letter dated 4th April 2008
NL Received 31st August 2008
Sent Back 1st September
But i av not received my second letter, pls what can i do. I need ur help. Also pls how can i know that my number is current. because i only see the maximum number on visa bullentin.

Case number 2009AF000080XX
Sent Back 1st September
But i av not received my second letter, pls what can i do. I need ur help. Also pls how can i know that my number is current. because i only see the maximum number on visa bullentin.

2009 Dv Lottery from Nigeria

Case number 2009AF000080XX
Sent Back 1st September

Guys i need your prayers for me and my family our interview is next week and we have every thing ready but you know without God the workers labour in vain. Please remember us in your prayers so that i too can come and say guys we had a successful interview yesterday in Jesus name.....amen

Winner08,
pls ao did u confirmed ur interview letter without receiving the second letter.
pls i need ur urgent response

hi there
when did u send ur the first letter notification they sent to u? this will determine when u are to be called for interveiw but try and check out fordetails by reading the previous thread onthis web ,congratulation? bro