• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

@ Godblesschuks/matee
I used Delta, which was a direct flight from Lagos to Atlanta then I took a connecting flight to Dallas.My advice to everyone is to try and book tickets early.

I was at the Social security Office yesterday to apply for my Social Security Number(SSN). I was told it will be sent via post in 2wks

Change of point of entry

These are some of the abbreviations that you may be seeing here

AOS Adjustment Of Status.
(it is for some body who leave in united state but is a DV Lottery winner) he will apply for a change of Status in United state.

GC Green Card
(A permit to leave and work in United state)

NL Notification Letter
(A package from Kcc to whom it may concern, contains either a congratulatory letter or an appointment letter)

DOB Date of Birth

NPC National Population Commission.

POE point Of Entry
(Indicating state or city where you will first of all enter )

Visa Bulletin A monthly bulletin that contains the cut off number for people who will be ready for Interview.

Current One is said to be current if his/her case number appears in the visa bulletin.

Case Number Serial numbers and codes given to every Dv winner. e.g winners from Africa have this case number Codes 2009AF0008002.

CP ?????????

please some one should tell us the full meaning of CP and other Abbreviations not mentioned here.
thank you
thanks

Please Onyii,

Kindly advice on this issue. Originally, my POE was Houston, Texas,,,,, but for over a month now, I was unable to reach my friend that suppose to welcome us. However, I decided to contact another family friend in Minnesota, Pls can I go straight to Minnesota and make a change of POE at the airport.

Pls your advice will be most appreciated.

Godblesschuks

Please Onyii,

Kindly advice on this issue. Originally, my POE was Houston, Texas,,,,, but for over a month now, I was unable to reach my friend that suppose to welcome us. However, I decided to contact another family friend in Minnesota, Pls can I go straight to Minnesota and make a change of POE at the airport.

Godblesschuks

Please Onyii,

Godblesschuks

Sorry guys for the long absence; I was very busy indeed.

Though, I'm not Onyii, however, I want to suggest that if your person in Minnesota has accepted to receive and accommodate you, go right away to Minnesota and changed everything at the POE.
Thanks and good luck.

Paulash: I heard Delta is very cheap too, even KLM. Just remember me in your prayers so that I get to the stage of having to sample airlines to make a choice.

Godblesschuks: Thanks for taking time out to discuss with me this morning. You are a friend, indeed.

Bammyrichie: Hope you are doing well. My regards.

I appreciate all members of this forum. You are all great.

Hello People!

its being ages that i last came around here. Feeling kind of guilty:eek:

Though i get regular email update guess we are all wrapping things up

For all our brothers and sisters yet to interview all the best, all those yet to book flights/ raise cash wish Gods favor.

Am still in Naija though will be traveling by end of October by his grace.

Please lets stop by once in a while with our 2010 pips and share some of our experience with them to help give there forum first hand experience.

Also, US is tough right now however, we all need to plan ahead its better when you have your plan well laid out for God to bless. If paul plants and Appolo waters without Gods blessing its in vain.

cheers!

hello everyone, hope everyone is doing great.
I need to ask a question, I know what I believe to be the answer but for some reason lately I'm a bit confused so I want to ask to be sure I'm getting it right.
Is one supposed to travel before the end of september or ......?
I believe it should be before the end of 6 months from the date of one's visa or is it not so?
I intend to travel in October, and my visa was issued in July......
should be ok.....aint it?????

I need to ask a question, I know what I believe to be the answer but for some reason lately I'm a bit confused so I want to ask to be sure I'm getting it right.
I believe it should be before the end of 6 months from the date of one's visa or is it not so?

Yes, as long as the visa is valid. Please can you share your interview experience with us. I will be greatful.

Thanks.

Yes, as long as the visa is valid. Please can you share your interview experience with us. I will be greatful.

Thanks.

I've actually shared my interview experience b4 now, I guess u didnt see it.....pls refer to page 58........and thanks for ur response, really appreciate....thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
hello people need some help here i won DV 2010 im single and thats the way i filled up the forms and returned them ............but here comes the problem ihave a girlfriend and im just wondering how hard iz it for her to accompany me andbe given a visa...........lets say i marry her 2 years from now wheni will be having my permanent resident USA can she be granted a visa based on that??.....if not whatare the other easier wayz she can get a visa.please adviceim just wondering how hard iz it for her to accompany me andbe given a visa...........lets say i marry her 2 years from now wheni will be having my permanent resident USA can she be granted a visa based on that??.....if not whatare the other easier wayz she can get a visa.please advice since you peopleknow a bit more on this issue

hi everybody in the house,
firstly, let me start by congratulating everybodyfor a job well done, as we all know that today marks the end of our fiscal year for 2009 dv lottery after today anybody with the 2009AF without his visa at hand is not eligable to enter usa but he can apply again for another year, i want to use this medium to appreciate those people that helped me with one thing or the other during the process, onyii, livewire, richied, wekere, matee, and etc a big thanks to u all.
As we all move to the state i pray that God will crown our little effort with success and we shall all find favour in everyone's sight amen.
alot to say but few to write.
at this point i will like to thank God for the opportunity give to me and a dream comes thru.........

for those that were unable to have their visa within this one year i sincerely share in ur pains and i want u to know that winners never quit and quitters never win so keep applying and u time shall surely come.. this was my second time of winning the lottery and the first on was not successful and i applied again and again........ i love u all.... bammyrichie

FY 2009 Ends(30 Sep, 2009)

firstly, let me start by congratulating everybodyfor a job well done, as we all know that today marks the end of our fiscal year for 2009 dv lottery after today anybody with the 2009AF without his visa at hand is not eligable to enter usa but he can apply again for another year, i want to use this medium to appreciate those people that helped me with one thing or the other during the process, onyii, livewire, richied, wekere, matee, and etc a big thanks to u all.
As we all move to the state i pray that God will crown our little effort with success and we shall all find favour in everyone's sight amen.
at this point i will like to thank God for the opportunity give to me and a dream comes thru.........

for those that were unable to have their visa within this one year i sincerely share in ur pains and i want u to know that winners never quit and quitters never win so keep applying and u time shall surely come.. this was my second time of winning the lottery and the first on was not successful and i applied again and again........ i love u all.... bammyrichie

Yes ooo,
Finally the fiscal year has elapsed, believe me it was a real trying moment with more than one million questions asked and various answers. For me it was a major challenge cos i got my first letter eleven months after it was sent. My case number had been current Five months before. Confused as i was, i stumbled into this great forum, with too many questions and less hope and truly all the members were helpful in one way or the other, lo n behold i am smiling now with a great future ahead, a dream i thought i had lost. Friends you all have been wonderful and inspirational, all of you, Livewire007, vanessa, 4real4u, onyii,bammyrichie etc. For all those who couldn't get it within the fiscal year, just be strong and put your trust in God, he knows best, believe me your time will surely come, just believe.

Best regards,

Biggest congratulations to all who had succesful interview as 2010 fiscal year ends today.

@Bammyrichie - You said you won the lottery twice but was successful the 2nd time. Please I have these questions:

1. Was your number too high and didn't get current for interview the first time you won it? (this question is quite personal to you but pls don't get annoyed over it)

2. Did you apply again the 2nd time after the end of the fiscal year u won or during d fiscal year when another lottery came out?

The reason for these questions is just to know if a DV 2010 winner with a high case number can apply for DV 2011 immediately. Or must it be at the end of 2010 fiscal year before one can apply again?

The house can also give their answers to these questions

Thanks.

Please Onyii,

Godblesschuks
CP Consular Processing

u are valid until dec or jan so u must leave b4 that time expire and not sept 30.

Biggest congratulations to all who had succesful interview as 2010 fiscal year ends today.

@Bammyrichie - You said you won the lottery twice but was successful the 2nd time. Please I have these questions:

1. Was your number too high and didn't get current for interview the first time you won it? (this question is quite personal to you but pls don't get annoyed over it)

2. Did you apply again the 2nd time after the end of the fiscal year u won or during d fiscal year when another lottery came out?

The reason for these questions is just to know if a DV 2010 winner with a high case number can apply for DV 2011 immediately. Or must it be at the end of 2010 fiscal year before one can apply again?

The house can also give their answers to these questions

Thanks.

am not offended or annoyed.
my number was very very high so @ d end of d fiscal year in 2005 they did not reach my cn. and in 2007 i applied again and i won it and dis time d all process was successful check my signature 4 detail. As for d other question u can applied once it is open u don't have 2 wait until d fiscal year ended once u start having double mind about ur cn if it is above lets say 18000 plus.
but 2009 fiscal year everybody that won was current in sept no matter how high ur cn was, so relax that may also happen in 2010 too. hope i've answered all ur questions? are u 2009AF or 2010AF WINNER? gud luck