• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

MY interview :

thursday , very in the morning at 6h30 am ,my wife and I went to the us embassy of dakar .we arrived at 6h45 and found there around 9 persons outside the embassy in rank .
At 7h30 , the guard ask us to enter the hall one by one ,so as they check our bags and other small relics . After the checking, one of the embassy worker (a senegalese girl) ask me to give her one photograph , what I did .She tell me to go on and take a seat with my wife waiting for our turn . the guard inside gave us a ticket with rank number .About half an Hour , they call me at box 3 as indicated on the screen .I stood up and went there alone .
the Officiar (a woman): " good morning "
Me : " good morning "
the Officiar : "give me your passeport and all the documents ."
Me : "here you are ! "
the Officiar : " Do you have them all in order ? "
Me : "yes ! "
the Officiar checked all the documents and verified them , and said :" your host didnot give you the affidavit of support ?
Me : No , (but there was my bank account assert in the documents )
the Officiar : " Okay ! go and pay 775 US $ which is 389.000 frs cfa , at box 1 and come back .
Me : (I did it and gave her the pay ticket ) .
the Officiar : " have a seat there and wait for the interview "

twenty minutes later my name was called again at box 4 for the interview

the Officiar (this time a white man ) : " good morning "
Me : "good morning !"
Officiar :" is Mme X your mother , and Mr X your father ? "
Me : " yes ! "
Officiar : " when did you get your high school diploma ?"
Me : " "in the year 1998-1999"
Offciar : " I don't see your wife , why ? "
Me : yes , it's because that she can't go with me now ."
Officiar : "but she will do it later ? "
Me : "yes , of course ! "
Offciar :" you have a job , tell me about it ? "
Me : "yes ! it's about multimedia , websites creation , web marketing ,communication etc...
Offciar : it's okay come and take your passeport on thuesday at 2h30 am .

On the thuesday I came , and they gave me my passeport with the immigrant Visa and a big yellow enveloppe which I'll have to give at the port of entry once be in the us airport .

I wish the same thing to all my brothers and sisters here in the forum , specially for my dear friend Alpha for his sister and all her sons .I would also give thank to Wekere for his help .

thank you for your help , this forum is wonderfull , it helped me a lot .
May Allah bless you !

Diam ak khéweul !

A very big CONGRATULATION my good friend, wish you the best in the States.
Try editing your signature with 2009 as against 2008 as seen.
Many thanks and Good luck.:)

A huge congrats to you Challenger2009 & I wish you Godspeed and the very best in the States.
May the good Lord bless y'all.

Ciao

i have intrest bammy

mr wekere,
u can buy one way ticket with any airline as a DV. u can made ur booking atleast one week before the day u want to travell.
as for the price i have some that a friend sent to me before he travelled on 30 august, i will sentd it to u later via ur number
pls my guy, help me send the price list to my mail box iseoluwa74@gmail.com or 08038564114. i will be expecting it .thanks

MY interview :

thursday , very in the morning at 6h30 am ,my wife and I went to the us embassy of dakar .we arrived at 6h45 and found there around 9 persons outside the embassy in rank .
At 7h30 , the guard ask us to enter the hall one by one ,so as they check our bags and other small relics . After the checking, one of the embassy worker (a senegalese girl) ask me to give her one photograph , what I did .She tell me to go on and take a seat with my wife waiting for our turn . the guard inside gave us a ticket with rank number .About half an Hour , they call me at box 3 as indicated on the screen .I stood up and went there alone .
the Officiar (a woman): " good morning "
Me : " good morning "
the Officiar : "give me your passeport and all the documents ."
Me : "here you are ! "
the Officiar : " Do you have them all in order ? "
Me : "yes ! "
the Officiar checked all the documents and verified them , and said :" your host didnot give you the affidavit of support ?
Me : No , (but there was my bank account assert in the documents )
the Officiar : " Okay ! go and pay 775 US $ which is 389.000 frs cfa , at box 1 and come back .
Me : (I did it and gave her the pay ticket ) .
the Officiar : " have a seat there and wait for the interview "

twenty minutes later my name was called again at box 4 for the interview

the Officiar (this time a white man ) : " good morning "
Me : "good morning !"
Officiar :" is Mme X your mother , and Mr X your father ? "
Me : " yes ! "
Officiar : " when did you get your high school diploma ?"
Me : " "in the year 1998-1999"
Offciar : " I don't see your wife , why ? "
Me : yes , it's because that she can't go with me now ."
Officiar : "but she will do it later ? "
Me : "yes , of course ! "
Offciar :" you have a job , tell me about it ? "
Me : "yes ! it's about multimedia , websites creation , web marketing ,communication etc...
Offciar : it's okay come and take your passeport on thuesday at 2h30 am .

On the thuesday I came , and they gave me my passeport with the immigrant Visa and a big yellow enveloppe which I'll have to give at the port of entry once be in the us airport .

I wish the same thing to all my brothers and sisters here in the forum , specially for my dear friend Alpha for his sister and all her sons .I would also give thank to Wekere for his help .

thank you for your help , this forum is wonderfull , it helped me a lot .
May Allah bless you !

Diam ak khéweul !

a big congratulation to u and ur wife, how is fasting going? good luck in the state............

Congratulations Challenger2009! I'm so happy for you and the guys who have already got the visas. Hope your dreams materialised in the States.

Hi bammyrichie,
Please am so sorry for my late response, I just got ur message now and i will surely do that now.

Thanks
Cheers bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
October bulletin

B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 8,300 Except:

Egypt:
Ethiopia:
Nigeria:

ASIA 7,000
EUROPE 9,100
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 375
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 450

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 14,000 Except:
Egypt:
Ethiopia:
Nigeria:

ASIA 7,200
EUROPE 9,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 475
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 575

a friend that i met during my medical, went for his interview on 17th august but is cash was shortage of 4000, so they told him to reschedule his interview and the interview was finally held yestaday and it was successful. when he called he said that i was the first person to hear the gud news............. lets keep on helping eachother...........

gud luck to the remain guys in thread that are yet to do there interview, i am praying for all of u...............

Hey folks. How're you guys out there ? I'd like to inform the house that my son arrived Los Angeles late saturday afternoon [L.A. time]. I'm very grateful to God for His blessings and infinite love. He has been our rock/stronghold and above all He's never let me down. May His mighty name be glorified for eternity & I give thanks to Him in the name of my beloved Jesus Christ. Amen.
I wish all the brothers & sisters out there who are awaiting their interviews Godspeed at all times & in all their endeavors. Love y'all.
To God be the glory.

Hey folks. How're you guys out there ? I'd like to inform the house that my son arrived Los Angeles late saturday afternoon [L.A. time]. I'm very grateful to God for His blessings and infinite love. He has been our rock/stronghold and above all He's never let me down. May His mighty name be glorified for eternity & I give thanks to Him in the name of my beloved Jesus Christ. Amen.
I wish all the brothers & sisters out there who are awaiting their interviews Godspeed at all times & in all their endeavors. Love y'all.
To God be the glory.

A very big congratulations to you RichieD... We thank God for you and your family, we also thank you for your immense support and contributions to this great forum.

Thank you loadssssssssss

To God be the glory.

congrats RichieD, it must be a great feeling that everything is all over

congrats RichieD, it must be a great feeling that everything is all over

Yeah Smalllacrimose, it's indeed great. Sure makes me feel like a million bucks that the entire exercise has been brought to a very successful end. It's been a rather lenghty journey. Now the kid can get cracking in his quest to become the next beneficiary of the American Dream. Glory be to the Jehovah.
Thanks a lot for your very inspiring message. May the good Lord continue to shower His blessings on us all. Amen.

To God be the glory.

Thanks Petit, you have been a huge source of inspiration. Moreover, your unflinching support & words of encouragement have been of inestimable value. This forum has been great. May the Lord continue to bless all the members of this honorable house & grant y'all success at all times. You guys are da bomb & y'all rock. Thanks a million. I'll never forget you guys. Thanks...thanks.....thanks.....
I serve a living God who never lets His children down.