• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Oshe, Oshe O, Oshe Baba !!!!!!! Osanobua u ruese !! Oba gha to okpere, Ise !!!!
The Lord has made Himself manifest in my life ,He has answered my prayers again. My boy had a successful interview at the Embassy today. He's been instructed to pick up his diversity immigrant visa in a few days time. His interview was flawless and very short, only lasted 2 minutes.
I'd like to express my profound gratitude to all the honorable members of this forum for their support, prayers and invaluable words of advice. Thanks a million. You guys are the best.

richie d, congratulation to ur son 4me. thank GOD we are all picking our visa 1 by 1. gud luck 2 him in usa

Thanks Bammy. The Lord is indeed awesome & He has made His presence very evident in our lives.
This forum has been very instrumental in teaching my boy the dynamics of the DV program. Moreover, you guys have been very inspirational & extremely helpful. Thanks guys.

You freely and willingly availed your mobile line to me inorder to assist a stranger. Others will prefer to blow up the bridge as soon as they safely cross over to the other side.

And even while talking to you, I could feel your best wishes for me.

You deserve the accolades, and much more. I sincerely do appreciate you.

guy, i did not purposely ignore ur request, even now i haven't see d msg u said u left in my email. everybody on dis thread knows that i was writing my final semester exam and my fone is no longer browsing. pls stop that ok. i never 4 once wish anybody i met during this process bad even those i met in d clinic so talkless of u a member of dis noble house. here we are brothers keeper. u have my fone no. am around til december xtra cool is allowed so u don't 2 use ur money okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck to everyone,

the forum aimed is to assist ourselves on information and otherwise. Pls, keep telling us what is going on when u get to the States.

In addition, is anyone relocating to Minnesota......Mineapolis. Pls, mail me on cnnedgo@yahoo.com

cheers

pls what is the rate of dollar to naira now at embassy.

Am sure it's still 1$ to N160. In my own case i did a change in the local exchange before my interview, for 1$ to N158, that was because i didn't want to carry much cash to the embassy, but i'll advice you use naira, only if you are sure the local exchange are trust worthy, this is because the cashier's money machine in the embassy will be used to check the dollar if its original or counterfeit prior to payment.
Best of luck.

Hello, I have some questions to ask.
1. Can some one tell how to calculate when your number will be current?
2. Is it mandatory that you have to go to your home country to process the GC if for instance you are living outside your home country before you won?

Hello, I have some questions to ask.
1. Can some one tell how to calculate when your number will be current?

2. Is it mandatory that you have to go to your home country to process the GC if for instance you are living outside your home country before you won?

A good study of the visa bulletin archive could give you a clue when you may likely be current.meanwhile, what is your case number?

It is not compulsory you must go back to your home country.In the country where you live at present you can ask kcc to transfer your case there.But if you live in the states already,then you may opt for adjusting of status that is if only you dont have a high case number.By and large, you can do CP in the country you reside.

Hi pips in d house. sorry for d long silence, just trying to get myself 2gether for my journey which wl definitely be in d later part of the year.

Meanwhile, pls I've some questions for u my great pple of this great forum. All thru my application, I used a cousin's address at Maryland USA as my sponsor and address for green card becos mine is a single application. Meanwhile, I intend staying wt a friend in Florida as u know its not so easy getting pple to accommodate u over there. My question now is if am to stay wt my friend in florida, how do I go about it since it wasnt her address that I used in the first place and considering the fact that I was given some documents at the embassy to drop at my port of entry. What do u advise I do pls and i want to know if I can still proceed to florida as I said and hope this will not disturb my green card process over there, pls somebody in the house come to my aid.

Hi pips in d house. sorry for d long silence, just trying to get myself 2gether for my journey which wl definitely be in d later part of the year.

Meanwhile, pls I've some questions for u my great pple of this great forum. All thru my application, I used a cousin's address at Maryland USA as my sponsor and address for green card becos mine is a single application. Meanwhile, I intend staying wt a friend in Florida as u know its not so easy getting pple to accommodate u over there. My question now is if am to stay wt my friend in florida, how do I go about it since it wasnt her address that I used in the first place and considering the fact that I was given some documents at the embassy to drop at my port of entry. What do u advise I do pls and i want to know if I can still proceed to florida as I said and hope this will not disturb my green card process over there, pls somebody in the house come to my aid.

Olubu12 there is no need to worry. The address you would want your green card mailed can always be changed at the port of entry. You would have to tell the immigration officials that you want to change the address where you want your green card mailed.This would not disturb the process of receiving the green card over there,your green card will be mailed to the new address you produce at the port of entry.

hi everyone please can you tell me how to check progress of a Dv winner?. l sent the first letter posted to me by june 2009 and till now nothing is heard from the kcc office. can anyone update me on what is going on. Thanks

hi everyone please can you tell me how to check progress of a Dv winner?. l sent the first letter posted to me by june 2009 and till now nothing is heard from the kcc office. can anyone update me on what is going on. Thanks

If you sent it by courier use the tracking number to check if it was received by KCC. You can call KCC with the phone number in your NL, they will ask you for your Case Number(CN) and date of birth,they will then inform of the progress of your case.
Please note that when the 1st notification letter(NL) which you posted is received by KCC, it takes them 4-5months to process.So the time you will receive your second NL depends on when you returned your 1st NL and also when your Case Number(CN) becomes current

Flight Booking

Hello Friends in the House,
U all are really doing great to keep the forum alive everyday,i wish all those gearing up for there interview a great success.
I've got some questions with regards flight booking,

1. A friend told me i could get a one way ticket with an Immigrant Visa, i want to know from those who just booked there flights if this is true?

2. If i intend traveling in January, when is advisable to make a flight booking,
that is how soon can one book a flight?

3. Am told Delta Airline is affordable and good, how true is this?

4. Are there other Airlines as compared to Delta Airlines pls give examples?

Many Thanks,

Hello Friends in the House,
U all are really doing great to keep the forum alive everyday,i wish all those gearing up for there interview a great success.
I've got some questions with regards flight booking,

1. A friend told me i could get a one way ticket with an Immigrant Visa, i want to know from those who just booked there flights if this is true?

2. If i intend traveling in January, when is advisable to make a flight booking,
that is how soon can one book a flight?

3. Am told Delta Airline is affordable and good, how true is this?

4. Are there other Airlines as compared to Delta Airlines pls give examples?

Many Thanks,
mr wekere,
u can buy one way ticket with any airline as a DV. u can made ur booking atleast one week before the day u want to travell.
as for the price i have some that a friend sent to me before he travelled on 30 august, i will sentd it to u later via ur number

mr wekere,
u can buy one way ticket with any airline as a DV. u can made ur booking atleast one week before the day u want to travell.
as for the price i have some that a friend sent to me before he travelled on 30 august, i will sentd it to u later via ur number

Thanks Bammyrichie,
I will make my booking ahead of time in order to avoid the ember season rush. Do forward the numbers too as promised.

Apartment Rentage

Hello Friends,
Thank God for a new week.
I've got a quick question.............
Does anyone have an idea of the price range in renting a house in the US?
Smaller apartments in particular: One room aprtment e.t.c??

Regards

MY interview :

thursday , very in the morning at 6h30 am ,my wife and I went to the us embassy of dakar .we arrived at 6h45 and found there around 9 persons outside the embassy in rank .
At 7h30 , the guard ask us to enter the hall one by one ,so as they check our bags and other small relics . After the checking, one of the embassy worker (a senegalese girl) ask me to give her one photograph , what I did .She tell me to go on and take a seat with my wife waiting for our turn . the guard inside gave us a ticket with rank number .About half an Hour , they call me at box 3 as indicated on the screen .I stood up and went there alone .
the Officiar (a woman): " good morning "
Me : " good morning "
the Officiar : "give me your passeport and all the documents ."
Me : "here you are ! "
the Officiar : " Do you have them all in order ? "
Me : "yes ! "
the Officiar checked all the documents and verified them , and said :" your host didnot give you the affidavit of support ?
Me : No , (but there was my bank account assert in the documents )
the Officiar : " Okay ! go and pay 775 US $ which is 389.000 frs cfa , at box 1 and come back .
Me : (I did it and gave her the pay ticket ) .
the Officiar : " have a seat there and wait for the interview "

twenty minutes later my name was called again at box 4 for the interview

the Officiar (this time a white man ) : " good morning "
Me : "good morning !"
Officiar :" is Mme X your mother , and Mr X your father ? "
Me : " yes ! "
Officiar : " when did you get your high school diploma ?"
Me : " "in the year 1998-1999"
Offciar : " I don't see your wife , why ? "
Me : yes , it's because that she can't go with me now ."
Officiar : "but she will do it later ? "
Me : "yes , of course ! "
Offciar :" you have a job , tell me about it ? "
Me : "yes ! it's about multimedia , websites creation , web marketing ,communication etc...
Offciar : it's okay come and take your passeport on thuesday at 2h30 am .

On the thuesday I came , and they gave me my passeport with the immigrant Visa and a big yellow enveloppe which I'll have to give at the port of entry once be in the us airport .

I wish the same thing to all my brothers and sisters here in the forum , specially for my dear friend Alpha for his sister and all her sons .I would also give thank to Wekere for his help .

thank you for your help , this forum is wonderfull , it helped me a lot .
May Allah bless you !

Diam ak khéweul !