• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Hello Guys...I'm new here. i peek in & out to go tru the threads when i can. A friend of mine that won the lottery last year referred me to this forum cos she said it helped her a whole lot. i have loadsssssss of questions a couple of which u might have addressed b4 but excuse me for taking u back as i really havent had tone to go tru ALL the "conversations".

let me start with this ?. my husband got the notification that he won d lottery 2months b4 our wedding. we were advised that he shud return the completed forms filled out the way he did initially and send a change of status form after the wedding.

we've done that and we're waiting for the 2nd NL.

we might be up for the interview soon as our case #is current. dear people, what advise will u give us b4 goin to the embassy? cos we all know they'll tink we arranged d wedding just cos of the lottery.

Hello Guys...I'm new here. i peek in & out to go tru the threads when i can. A friend of mine that won the lottery last year referred me to this forum cos she said it helped her a whole lot. i have loadsssssss of questions a couple of which u might have addressed b4 but excuse me for taking u back as i really havent had tone to go tru ALL the "conversations".

let me start with this ?. my husband got the notification that he won d lottery 2months b4 our wedding. we were advised that he shud return the completed forms filled out the way he did initially and send a change of status form after the wedding.

we've done that and we're waiting for the 2nd NL.

we might be up for the interview soon as our case #is current. dear people, what advise will u give us b4 goin to the embassy? cos we all know they'll tink we arranged d wedding just cos of the lottery.
U will need to convince the consular officer that your marriage wasn't for immigration purposes.
gotta show old pictures, letters, e-mails, watever.
are u pregnant or have any kids together?

U will need to convince the consular officer that your marriage wasn't for immigration purposes.
gotta show old pictures, letters, e-mails, watever.
are u pregnant or have any kids together?

NOPE, no kids yet. we just got married in October (last month). thanks for the advise..will dig up the old stuffs.

Tonell congratulation, u are in d rite place, all u and ur husband need to do is to show d CO that u marriage is not an arranged one and u people shld have d same voice i.e his yes to be ur yes and ur no to be his no. gud luck,
check dv 2010 version 4more help.

GC help needed please!!!!!!!!!!

thnx for your support all this while. i've a question. how many years will my spouse have on her green card. I'm the principal applicant.she's behaving very funny ever since she came to the states and i've not even meet her! no phone call! she only wrote two emails to me.what'll you guys say about it? I thinking about filing a devorce.
Help me please!!

thnx for your support all this while. i've a question. how many years will my spouse have on her green card. I'm the principal applicant.she's behaving very funny ever since she came to the states and i've not even meet her! no phone call! she only wrote two emails to me.what'll you guys say about it? I thinking about filing a devorce.
Help me please!!

your post is still confusing.Is it the case that both of you are in the states already and she came into the country and moved straight to another location instead of your residence?Or that you are the primary applicant and she left the states before you while you are still back in Nigeria(is this really possible)? So clarify yourself and make it more explicit.

Which ever way my religion does not support divorce.And i dont think contemplating that would be the best immediate option still give her sometime and find out what the problem is.

Hello,
I just joined this forum.
I played the visa lottery and won,when playing,i used my fiancee as my wife.
Can we proceed to do the wedding as quickly as possible and i hope this would not affect our chances?

@Ayo
U already said u were married and dat was in 2008.If u get married now,d certificate wil bear 2009 or 2010.If u take dat to d interview dat wud flag suspicion.Except u want to ask dat ur cert. should b back dated.U know what dat mean!Alternativey,u may also want to claim dat u claimed u were married durin d fillin of the dv form because u had already done d traditional(of course no gives cert. 4 dat ).But dat now u just formalized it in d church or court.What is ur case numba?Have u sent back ds230?

Hello,
I just joined this forum.
I played the visa lottery and won,when playing,i used my fiancee as my wife.
Can we proceed to do the wedding as quickly as possible and i hope this would not affect our chances?

just do as u were told. Go ahead with that ideal since u started with but make sure u filling her own form 230 too and proceed to court 4ur wedding and during ur interview if ask just tell them that as of that u have done the traditional and u just did the court laterly b'cos of the authenticity and alot of pic to proof urself. Gud luck

wld there be need to back date the marriage cert?

I really think we should be truthful in all our dealings. Ayo said he used his fiancee's name as his wife already when filling the DV form. Right now they are not married and want to backdate a marriage that never existed with a back-dated certificate. Which court will issue a back dated certificate? I wonder.. Well, Goodluck in your interview, but you really have to convince them that ur marriage is not a fake one, and was contracted before filling DV as you told them earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somone tell me something positive!

COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON TO ALL, I HOPE THE SEASON COMES WITH BOUNTY OF BLESSING TO THOSE WITH HIGH EXPECTATIONS!

At first I thought that there must be a problem with the case number that was sent to me, as I could not track my NL on the DV official site, please find my case number below and can someone please inform me regarding the possibilities that I would be contacted with more details from KCC soon;

2010AF0001****
Received First Package from KCC on March 31,2009
Filled and returned all forms including bar code sheet as instructed to KCC as at April 23, 2009 through FedEx
Tracked on FedEx website, was signed for and received on the April 27,2009.

And since then I have heard/ receive nothing from KCC, could there be any problem or something that could be done?, but firstly, could someone inform me that there is no problem with my case number, cause I had my brother ask around in the state and was informed that it is 1 digit less.

I would appreciate positive contributions.

And @ petite if you find his, I hope the numbers could help with giving answers to my prior questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Whales u seem to have an high case number, like double digits in the thousand..eg 15000 plus. U are yet to be current if so, u can stay updated and check the bulletin from 10-15th of every month, look watch out for next month...

Goodluck

@Whales
Add the next digit close to the 1(x).That is add the number the x is representing.So that we can know whether you are current or yet to be current because numbers starting with AF0001xxx are already current.They are in 14000 now.So we dont know whether your number is below or above that.

@ petit, thanks for your response, quite re-assuring,
@ gasper, 2010AF00014***, but much closer to 1500. I hope this helps with my quest.

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate your contributions.