• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Hello All,

First and foremost thanks for this making this thread available. I have a quick question. In Oct. I submitted my friend, who lives in Ghana, DV2009 application for her using my USA address. Yesterday, I came home and found that she was a winner, se below for her NL info.
1. In filling out the DSP-122 and DS-230 forms, can she continue to use my address as her current mailing address? By using my address I can make sure she recieves her mail in a timely fashion.
2. Any idea if and when she may be called for her interview. her CN: 2009AF00024XXX

Thanks in advance for all your responses.

----------------------------------------
May 5th, 2008: RECVD NL
CN: 2009AF00024XXX

Congratulations.. we are happy to hear that good news
USA mailing address it better.
am not sure about her interview period since she is not from Nigeria. If she is from Nigeria i would have said she has a high case number. But i think her number is ok as a Ghanaian.

Congratsssssssss

Some one i filled his DV lottery last year happened to win.!! am so happy that i have contributed to some one's success. I just got the Envelop today 7th May 2009. the Letter was written on 25th March 2009.
his case number is simply very low 2009AF0004xxx.

I will introduce him to this web site as soon as possible

Guys keep your eyes open NL is coming in..hahaha

Some one i filled his DV lottery last year happened to win.!! am so happy that i have contributed to some one's success. I just got the Envelop today 7th May 2009. the Letter was written on 25th March 2009.
his case number is simply very low 2009AF0004xxx.

I will introduce him to this web site as soon as possible

Guys keep your eyes open NL is coming in..hahaha

WAS THIS NL RECIEVED IN 9JA? PLEASE LETS KNOW

yes here in Nigeria, Aba to be precise.

congratulations.
Please i want to know if NPC letter is compulsory to be gotten from LGA of onces place of birth or if i can get it from the state capital of my state. Not minding if I was not born in the state capital.
cos my LGA has refuse to issue ppl born below 1985 Certificate. but are referred to the state capital.

issue with my name

i originally omitted the last letter 'I' in my middle name IFEANYI ( i.e I registered IFEANY instead of IFEANYI). every other thing is correct.
What do i do? could that disqualify me? i have not filled my forms yet

i originally omitted the last letter 'I' in my middle name IFEANYI ( i.e I registered IFEANY instead of IFEANYI). every other thing is correct.
What do i do? could that disqualify me? i have not filled my forms yet

where did u make the mistake?.. DV lottery form or your certificate please be more specific.

Republican Senators Bill to Terminate DV Lottery

04/29/2008: Republican Senators Bill to Terminate DV Lottery Replaced by Immigrant Visas for Advanced Degree Holders

Senator Judd Gregg (NH) introduced a bill "to replace the diversity visa lottery program with a program that issues visas to aliens with an advanced degree." This bill is co-sponsored by Sen. Lamar Alexander (TN). Sen. Elizabeth Dole (NC), Sen. John Sununu (NH), Sen. John Cornyn (TX), and Sen. Orrin Hatch (UT). These Senators are proposing to expand the immigration opportunities for Advanced Degree holder foreign workers in STEM or related fields without increasing the total annual number of immigrant visa under the current immigration system. Interesting legislative bill. For the full text of the bill, click S. 2868.
Part of the statement in introducing this bill co-sponsored by "leading" Senators in the Senate includes the following:
Sen. Gregg stated, “Talent is a nation’s most important resource in today’s information age, and our nation’s immigration policies need to catch up to this economic reality. In addition to increasing the number of H-1B visas and employment-based visas for highly skilled workers, I believe that Congress should realign our immigration programs so they better meet our economic needs, including the well-documented shortage of workers with advanced degrees in the math and sciences. By converting a lottery visa program that has marginal skills requirements into one that is focused on the best and the brightest, we strengthen our competitive advantage, spur economic and job growth here in the United States, and deter employers from sending work overseas where highly skilled talent is located. Our visa lottery programs should not just benefit those who are selected, but should have significant positive ramifications for our nation as a whole. I look forward to working with my colleges on this measure and other immigration proposal to keep America competitive."

am just the messenger

04/29/2008: Republican Senators Bill to Terminate DV Lottery Replaced by Immigrant Visas for Advanced Degree Holders

Senator Judd Gregg (NH) introduced a bill "to replace the diversity visa lottery program with a program that issues visas to aliens with an advanced degree." This bill is co-sponsored by Sen. Lamar Alexander (TN). Sen. Elizabeth Dole (NC), Sen. John Sununu (NH), Sen. John Cornyn (TX), and Sen. Orrin Hatch (UT). These Senators are proposing to expand the immigration opportunities for Advanced Degree holder foreign workers in STEM or related fields without increasing the total annual number of immigrant visa under the current immigration system. Interesting legislative bill. For the full text of the bill, click S. 2868.
Part of the statement in introducing this bill co-sponsored by "leading" Senators in the Senate includes the following:
Sen. Gregg stated, “Talent is a nation’s most important resource in today’s information age, and our nation’s immigration policies need to catch up to this economic reality. In addition to increasing the number of H-1B visas and employment-based visas for highly skilled workers, I believe that Congress should realign our immigration programs so they better meet our economic needs, including the well-documented shortage of workers with advanced degrees in the math and sciences. By converting a lottery visa program that has marginal skills requirements into one that is focused on the best and the brightest, we strengthen our competitive advantage, spur economic and job growth here in the United States, and deter employers from sending work overseas where highly skilled talent is located. Our visa lottery programs should not just benefit those who are selected, but should have significant positive ramifications for our nation as a whole. I look forward to working with my colleges on this measure and other immigration proposal to keep America competitive."

am just the messenger

This will make things tough for people with ordinary O level and ND/HND to play the DV lottery. Lets see what will be the out come of the proposal.

how long does it take for kcc to send the 2nd parcel back. I sent mine on the 9th of may, 2008. again, what are my chances of attending interview this year, my number is 35xx

how long does it take for kcc to send the 2nd parcel back. I sent mine on the 9th of may, 2008. again, what are my chances of attending interview this year, my number is 35xx

DV2009 Interview will start from October 2009 so you will be expecting your second package from september 2009. you have a very low case number. you are suppose to be the first set of people to do interview. so start geting prepared.

u are likely to have your interview by november, so go get all your documents ready before then. congrate and good luck

Dv2009

I must say a big thank you to all members of the hous. I so much appreciate your contributions to my questions.

Now please will a Dependant also attend an interview at the embassy or will she simply send her documents?

I must say a big thank you to all members of the hous. I so much appreciate your contributions to my questions.

Now please will a Dependant also attend an interview at the embassy or will she simply send her documents?

what do you mean by dependant? if you are talking about wife. she will also go with you on the day of interview.

Last edited by a moderator: