• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Relax

This is the official web site for the Bill yet to be passed into law

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070517-7.html
Taking a look at the news you will find out that it is last years news dated 2007/05/2007 which i think was not passed into law or is still rocking in the house. Remember DV 2009 was played in October 2007 same year.
If the bill was established/passed into law in 2007 i think KCC would not have conducted another lottery for DV2009.
So guys relax get your self prepared your for your interview.
NL are still being sent to winners...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Thanks John and Onyii!!Y'all know how it feels when you hear something like that.

Blessings!

Good News

Hello House, Good news..Husband and wife brought the white envelop and ask me to confirm if it was real. Loh and Behold it was Kcc Congratulatory Envelop.

they won....!!! they could not hold back their tears of joy as they jump up and down in jubilation..the wife it the winner(applicant) the envelope arrived yesterday 25th April 2008.
Case number is 2009AF00017xx ..what a low number..!

Now there is this problem. the wife has no O level. From the case number one can predict an interview of around October or November 2008. Even if she take the next coming GCE, the result may not come out before Interview.
Please, my people what is the solution to this situation. I have asked her to go and get her secondary school result no matter how bad it might be so that we can know where to start. May looking at things, the secondary school result will not be in a good shape and that is why she have not bothered to look for it ever since she finished her secondary school.
She is just a trader.
thanks my people.

Postpone the interview

Hello House, Good news..Husband and wife brought the white envelop and ask me to confirm if it was real. Loh and Behold it was Kcc Congratulatory Envelop.

they won....!!! they could not hold back their tears of joy as they jump up and down in jubilation..the wife it the winner(applicant) the envelope arrived yesterday 25th April 2008.
Case number is 2009AF00017xx ..what a low number..!

Now there is this problem. the wife has no O level. From the case number one can predict an interview of around October or November 2008. Even if she take the next coming GCE, the result may not come out before Interview.
Please, my people what is the solution to this situation. I have asked her to go and get her secondary school result no matter how bad it might be so that we can know where to start. May looking at things, the secondary school result will not be in a good shape and that is why she have not bothered to look for it ever since she finished her secondary school.
She is just a trader.
thanks my people.

Only real solution is to postpone the interview until the GCE result is out. She won't be able to qualify as a trader; so GCE is her best bet.

baba aladura, ur suggestion sound nice but u people should know dat postponing the interview and bringing a very recent GCE/WAEC result could call for quarry of their application when they inventually go for their interview. we shouldn't 4get that this people know our educational system more than us and also know what goes on in 9ja. though, it could work but they shold ready a real fight with the embassy and they should put it before GOD ALMIGHTY

Only real solution is to postpone the interview until the GCE result is out. She won't be able to qualify as a trader; so GCE is her best bet.

baba aladura, ur suggestion sound nice but u people should know dat postponing the interview and bringing a very recent GCE/WAEC result could call for quarry of their application when they inventually go for their interview. we shouldn't 4get that this people know our educational system more than us and also know what goes on in 9ja. though, it could work but they shold ready a real fight with the embassy and they should put it before GOD ALMIGHTY

I agree

I agree with you that the embassy might give a problem; although reading thru this forum, there was a Canadian candidate, who got a school cert over the internet [after winning the lottery], and was given the visa. I believe they discriminate against Nigerians unduly.
However, the only other option is for this couple to give-up the lottery. But since there are people who have been trying for 13+ years and have never won, I doubt if they will want to give-up the lottery.
One other perspective: the woman can do her GCE and if the Embassy rejects it, she has a bona fide certificate and she can think of furthering her education [University, Polytechnic, Teacher training etc.]

I agree with you that the embassy might give a problem; although reading thru this forum, there was a Canadian candidate, who got a school cert over the internet [after winning the lottery], and was given the visa. I believe they discriminate against Nigerians unduly.
However, the only other option is for this couple to give-up the lottery. But since there are people who have been trying for 13+ years and have never won, I doubt if they will want to give-up the lottery.
One other perspective: the woman can do her GCE and if the Embassy rejects it, she has a bona fide certificate and she can think of furthering her education [University, Polytechnic, Teacher training etc.]

Baba...you guys are wonderful with your ideas..thanks alot..
at least there is hope some where. You know, this couple are not the type one can advice to forget about the Visa proccessing. They need it like hell...any way just like any other person might need it. Your right, Taking GCE can still be a stepping stone for her life. she can go and do nursing if the DV fail. therefore nothing is a waste. But then there is no harm in trying. they will first of all try all the sugestions made available here but if it fails...
God has reasons for every thing.

lets pray and hope that the embassy would not mind the idea of recent GCE/WAEC as the case may be. well! they should pray 4 luck becos God works in a miraclous ways.

No WAEC/GCE (5 Credits) ... No VISA!!! I won the DV lottery myself as a Tailor (trader) but was denied visa at the interview. I spent so much money all to no avail ... Don't waste your money and time. In Nigeria, now WAEC/GCE no VISA, period...

Thanks

No WAEC/GCE (5 Credits) ... No VISA!!! I won the DV lottery myself as a Tailor (trader) but was denied visa at the interview. I spent so much money all to no avail ... Don't waste your money and time. In Nigeria, now WAEC/GCE no VISA, period...
Thanks for taking the time to share this detail even though things did not go as hoped. I did remember your situation earlier on in the process.
I wish you all the best.

reshedule interview date

Please how do i reschedule my interview date,Presently my passport is not yet out,i have not done my medicals and i have not gotten my police report,my intview is slated for first week of may,please how do i go about my resheduling on interview date,what time do i reach the embassy?what and what do i take along with me to the embassy?what are likely questions they will ask me,who do i meet at the embassy,please repond urgently.

CASE NO 2008AF10XXX

Please how do i reschedule my interview date,Presently my passport is not yet out,i have not done my medicals and i have not gotten my police report,my intview is slated for first week of may,please how do i go about my resheduling on interview date,what time do i reach the embassy?what and what do i take along with me to the embassy?what are likely questions they will ask me,who do i meet at the embassy,please repond urgently.

CASE NO 2008AF10XXX

The best possible means is to go to the embassy and enquirer from them. Table your conditions and present your Identities. but am afraid you are doing this a bit late. may the Good lord Help you. Amen.

Low winners so far

hello house it seems that DV2009 winners from Nigeria will be too small this time.
Because we still have low turn out in this thread..is it true?

not yet

hello house it seems that DV2009 winners from Nigeria will be too small this time.
Because we still have low turn out in this thread..is it true?

haha ..Luckies is rather too early to draw your conclusion yet. I think this month May and June should be the Boom period for a lot people to get notification letter. My self got mine May 2007...so relax there is so much hope for people waiting for the NL.

Ghanaian DV2009 Winner

Hello All,

First and foremost thanks for this making this thread available. I have a quick question. In Oct. I submitted my friend, who lives in Ghana, DV2009 application for her using my USA address. Yesterday, I came home and found that she was a winner, se below for her NL info.
1. In filling out the DSP-122 and DS-230 forms, can she continue to use my address as her current mailing address? By using my address I can make sure she recieves her mail in a timely fashion.
2. Any idea if and when she may be called for her interview. her CN: 2009AF00024XXX

Thanks in advance for all your responses.

----------------------------------------
May 5th, 2008: RECVD NL
CN: 2009AF00024XXX