• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Hey Soms,

USCIS will send a letter stating the date of your biometrics appointment.
You don't have to do it yourself

I received interview letter

Case Number: EU00013XXX
May 8, 2008 : Letter KCC (NL)
May 12, 2008 : Form sent to KCC
June 25, 2008 : 2nd Letter KCC
December 5, 2008 : Medical Exam
December 8, 2008 : $375*4 fee to DOS
December 20, 2008 : DOS Receipt
January 16, 2009 : AOS package to Chicago
January 28 , 2009 : Checks cashed
February 2 , 2009 : NOA
February 7, 2009 : Biometrics letter received
February 18,2009 : Biometrics Done
March 26,2009 : Interview letter received for May 6 :)

interview

Received the welcomer letter.
Mikaha: no news on your side ?

Thanks for asking Matutelandia

No news yet.
I called NBC, They said, my file transfered to my local office end of december and there is nothing to worry about it.I have plan to get an infopass in next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

What is your local office ??? Is anyone doing AOS in MN?

Case Number: EU00013XXX
May 8, 2008 : Letter KCC (NL)
May 12, 2008 : Form sent to KCC
June 25, 2008 : 2nd Letter KCC
December 5, 2008 : Medical Exam
December 8, 2008 : $375*4 fee to DOS
December 20, 2008 : DOS Receipt
January 16, 2009 : AOS package to Chicago
January 28 , 2009 : Checks cashed
February 2 , 2009 : NOA
February 7, 2009 : Biometrics letter received
February 18,2009 : Biometrics Done
March 26,2009 : Interview letter received for May 6 :)

Hi everyone,

I have been reading this thread for days now and it is extremely helpful, I want to thank everyone that ever posted here.

I have not decided yet whether to adjust status here or go back to the Consulate in Europe. My number is due in May (EU240xx) and I am not sure if I can send the AOS letter as soon as the bulletin for May comes out which will probably be April 9-10 or I have to wait until May 1. This 3 week difference can change a lot of things and probably even force me to go home and play it safe.

If anyone can help me with this I would be really grateful.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I have been reading this thread .......
If anyone can help me with this I would be really grateful.

Thank you.

There are 2 schools of thoughts on this if you have been reading the forum....

1. Send your application as soon as the 'advanced notice' for your number is out, which for your case already happened with the release of March bulletin and you could have sent it any time now.

2. Or the safest....wait till the first day of the actual 'current' month (in your case, May 1st)

Ppl have gone the 1st route without any trouble....for more info read posts by 'johnkent' in this and 2008 forum.

Good luck !

1. Send your application as soon as the 'advanced notice' for your number is out, which for your case already happened with the release of March bulletin and you could have sent it any time now.

2. Or the safest....wait till the first day of the actual 'current' month (in your case, May 1st)

Ppl have gone the 1st route without any trouble....for more info read posts by 'johnkent' in this and 2008 forum.

Good luck !

Wow that was fast, thank you.

I am not sure if I will adjust status here or not but the tread is great nevertheless, at least I know what to expect.

Good luck !

I belong to the first school (see my timeline) and everything has been going smooth so far.

Wow that was fast, thank you.

I am not sure if I will adjust status here or not but the tread is great nevertheless, at least I know what to expect.

gregorry,
Congratulations and best of luck as you go through this process. :)

A bit of unsolicited advice for you (and other future applicants), don't let indecision mess you up. When you are a month out before your number is current you have no business not being sure between CP and AOS. I can't speak for CP, but if you are wishing for a hustle free AOS - you need to get get your ducks in a row ASAP. Have a plan. Commit to a path and develop your approach. Again, I know my advise was unsolicited but still neccessary.

Hey all...

I'm new here... and I'm currently doing AOS. This website is chalked full of info :)
I am currently waiting on Notice for interview....I was just wondering if there is anybody else here with NYC as their local office?

do i need translations with my original documents when i go to the interview? thanks!

My understanding is that you do need English translation of all the 'important' docs (B'cert, Diplomas etc.) Didn't you send the copies of your translations with the i-485 as supporting docs?

ac8808,

I'm also in NYC. I haven't sent my package yet, decided to play it safe and wait till May 1st. I know it's too close to the edge, but applying early is also a risk.

Right now, still trying to figure out the I-134, affidavit of support. Not sure where to get info about that. One thing, it's not very clear to me what the obligations of the sponsor are. If he/she has to cover my credit card debts, it's too much to ask a friend for. Suggestions anybody?

Thanks.

My understanding is that you do need English translation of all the 'important' docs (B'cert, Diplomas etc.) Didn't you send the copies of your translations with the i-485 as supporting docs?
i did send all original translations with my i-485, but now before interview i have no translatiosn for my and my husbands high school diplomas. In the interview letter it says to have originals WITH translations. anybody who had interview: Did they ask for originals And translations?

ac880 If he/she has to cover my credit card debts, it's too much to ask a friend for. Suggestions anybody?
Thanks.

Affidavit of support is more formality. By having this document, goverment makes sure, that if you get broke, you don't ask help (money) from them, and if you DO, they will sue the person who signed I-134 for this money. I-134 is valid for 3 years.

btw, i'm in NYC too.

Update

Finally I received a letter of RFE which is my approval notice under Diversity visa program.I didn't submit at first.It was my mistake.My local office sent the letter.I believe I am going to recieve interview letter after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
i did send all original translations with my i-485, but now before interview i have no translatiosn for my and my husbands high school diplomas. In the interview letter it says to have originals WITH translations. anybody who had interview: Did they ask for originals And translations?

Well....keep your fingers crossed and hope that they will have the original translations you sent them at your interview.

To others....just like any of your original docs, do not send the originals of your translations either, send just copies and save the originals for interview ( or, if they ask for them by an RFE)

Good Luck !