• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Any idea

I called uscis few days ago to exepedite my case. Today I got a mail from our local office saying that our cases is pending and interview will be scheduled. If they need more infomation they will contact me and they will send me mail when they make a decision on the case. If I don't hear anything from them within next two months then I have to contact them.

Guys any idea what is my position?

THanks.

Green card received today !!!!! It took exactly 17 days since the day of the interview. Funny, my online status still says: "Fingerprint fee accepted; receipt notice mailed and case pending"

Lure 27: be patient, the fact that they said your interview is to be scheduled is a good sign. The decision will be taken on or after the interview
Mikkaha: RFEs sometimes are scary, but in your case is good news, it means they are working on oyur case and the document you forgot to submit is crucial, luckily it has an easy fix
Isofototo: i think your decision to wait until May is wise
Kakaco: we haven't heard from you in a while, do you have any update ?

What a relief :D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Letter from USCIS

Hi Matutelandia,
This is the exact word from the letter.

"The application will be scheduled for an interview. We will notify you, usually by mail,when we make a decision on your case or if we need something from you. Please be assured that the agency is monitoring progress of your case.
If you do not receive a decision or either notice of action from us within two months......."

Thanks.

December 2008: Package sent to Chicago office (with medical record)
December 12, 2008: NOA for finger print.
January 07, 2009: Finger print done
Jan 30 2009: EAD order (Only mine)
Feb 07, 2009: EAD received
Feb 15,2009:I-131 received for all
April 2, 2009: Interview succesfull!!!!
Officer toke I-94 card and said us within 4-weeks you will receive your card, if they don,t need any additional information.

Interview experience

December 2008: Package sent to Chicago office (with medical record)
December 12, 2008: NOA for finger print.
January 07, 2009: Finger print done
Jan 30 2009: EAD order (Only mine)
Feb 07, 2009: EAD received
Feb 15,2009:I-131 received for all
April 2, 2009: Interview succesfull!!!!
Officer toke I-94 card and said us within 4-weeks you will receive your card, if they don,t need any additional information.

Hi Jaba,
Can you please post you interview experience?

THanks.

Thanks,
I went Local office yesterday to ask for update and the letter that I recieved.Lady sad it is Ok and I will recieve interview letter soon.I submitted my missing doc. too.

Just waiting started again.

Mikkaha: RFEs sometimes are scary, but in your case is good news, it means they are working on oyur case and the document you forgot to submit is crucial, luckily it has an easy fix

Hi Guys,

I'm going for my Biometrics tomorrow....just wanted to know, do they use ink on the fingers with paper forms or do they use the electronic finger detection device?

any advice for tomorrow will be helpful as well.

Hi Guys,

I'm going for my Biometrics tomorrow....just wanted to know, do they use ink on the fingers with paper forms or do they use the electronic finger detection device?

any advice for tomorrow will be helpful as well.

haha. nobody uses ink anymore. its all electronic buddy

Hi guys,

I am mikenytola’s girlfriend

Thank you everybody for the unbelievable help. I am really really thankful. I wouldn’t have had a chance without your help. In the middle of the process I almost gave up, because I did not have enough information. Fortunately my boyfriend found this forum and with all of the help that you guys gave us I was able to get the GC.

Actually the GREEN CARD is not green.:( It’s cream color. So it’s CREAM CARD. :) :) :)

Once again, thanks for everyone and I wish good luck to all of you who are still in the process.

Hi guys,

I am mikenytola’s girlfriend

Thank you everybody for the unbelievable help. I am really really thankful. ........

Congratulations !!!

Give us some info on your interview experience. You were on F1 right? and did you have a i-134 aff. of support? where did you have your interview?
let us know. Thanks and good luck !

I did not have I-134.

My interview was in Downtown Los Angeles. I got a very early morning time. Fortunately I was there early, because there was a big line in front of me. A friend of mine was with me as an interpreter, because I cannot speak English fluently. When I was there an officer ask me if I had attorney or no. It’s very common. They took my final interview letter and we had to wait about 40 min. The interview took about 30 minutes. The man wanted to talk to me and he let my friend talk only when I really did not understand his question. His questions were about my papers that I submitted in the packages. I had to know the exact dates like, when I finished high school and so on. He asked for the whole list on the I-485 page 3. He was nice and tried to make the tense situation better with some small jokes. Finally he said my number was too high, so he had to check if there was still an available visa. He said if I could wait until after the next person’s interview he would be able to tell me that information. Otherwise I had to wait for a month to find out more information. Of course I wanted to know if there was still an available visa for me so I waited. Actually I had to wait for 3 other interviews but after he called me, he gave me the approval letter and said everything was ok and I was going to get my card in 30 day. A week later I got the information mail and in 17 days I got the card.:)
I hope you case will be the same. Good luck!:0)

DV 2008 Detailed Data of Visas issued

Only 41,761 issued.....too bad !!

I'm not sure whether these # s are TOTAL (AoS+CP) issued or 'new arrivals' mean ppl who actually did POE after CP.

Total : 41,761 => AoS: 1,440 and New Arrivals: 40,321

Principals, new arrivals (DV1) 21,439
Principals, adjustments (DV6) 884
Spouses of DV1, new arrivals (DV2) 8,957
Spouses of DV6, adjustments (DV7) 350
Children of DV1, new arrivals (DV3) 9,925
Children of DV6, adjustments (DV8) 206

Chk following for many other aspects (ex. how many from each country etc.)

Source:
http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/statistics/publications/LPR08.shtm

[Officer, just checked all the documents, birth certificates, pay slip, marriage certificate and some question from I-148 mainly from page no 3. Then she took our I-94 and finally told us, everything look like fine and you will get information within four weeks. don't left this country without getting information from USCIS office that's all.

I'm not sure whether these # s are TOTAL (AoS+CP) issued or 'new arrivals' mean ppl who actually did POE after CP.

Source:
Where did you get this information? I couldn't open those charts. "Only 41,761 issued.....too bad !!" What do you mean by that? If that's the total number of GC's issued by now, that means there's very few left (the total number is 50,000), doesn't it?

mikenytola's girlfriend, congratulations! If they told you that your number is too high, what about us, the people whose number becomes current in May?

Is anybody here, whose number is current in May, applying earlier than May 1st?

Thanks a lot.

I checked the chart this information for 2008.Nothing to worry now.

Where did you get this information? I couldn't open those charts. "Only 41,761 issued.....too bad !!" What do you mean by that? If that's the total number of GC's issued by now, that means there's very few left (the total number is 50,000), doesn't it?

mikenytola's girlfriend, congratulations! If they told you that your number is too high, what about us, the people whose number becomes current in May?

Is anybody here, whose number is current in May, applying earlier than May 1st?

Thanks a lot.

Source:

Thank you for sharing that info Dfdo. It is surprising that only 1,440 people did AOS :eek:

That is way lower than I expected!

no news:( I called the customer service today and ask for an expediate or put a service request on my case but unfortunately i have been told that my case is not out of their processing times,i tried to explain that it is a DV case and it has to be adjusted before september but as usual the person that i have talked just checks the regular processing times and she did not even put a service request on my case so i scheduled an infopass appt. for thursday and let's see what they say this time... i am so sick of it!!!

I am currently waiting for my interview notice and I'm gathering up my documents as I have to have them sent from home. I was just wondering did anybody bring their most recent US Tax Return with them to the interview?