• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

More questions about the sponsor/affidavit of support I-134:

One of the three options, for the sponsor to show sufficient funds, is a bank statement with account information. So, what is the minimum amount of money that the sponsor should have in the account? I know that if he/she was to demonstrate sufficient income, it should be more than $17K a year, but how does that correspond to bank account amounts?

Thanks.

Do any of you guys know if it is possible to change from AOS to CP after the AOS paperwork has been filed?

I am getting ready to send my paperwork to Chicago on April 1 and I was wondering if, for any reason, the AOS process is not moving forward and the deadline is approaching if it is possible to make that switch.

Thank you.

Hi guys,

I am 2009 DV winner AS14*** and it is already current. For AOS, I sent money to St Louis Missouri, $375 per person totaling 750 for two persons. But I got reply from KCC (where I did not send the money) not form Missouri stating that they do not accept money in this address. I am surprised why my letter and money reached KCC when I sent that to Missouri, DOS. I am totally confused with the information packet and letter from KCC. Where to send the money for DV processing fee? Isn't the amount correct? Please suggest me. Thanks
Soms

DOS address?

Hi DVzee,

My case is almost similar to yours. I sent DV processing fee for 2 persons totaling $750 (2x375) to DOS, St. Louis, Missouri. But it was not cahsed and returned back to me by KCC (not DOS, MIssouri). I am confused where to send the money? My case no is As14**** and is current already. Please share us your other experiences for AOS.

thanks
Soms

Hi guys,

I am 2009 DV winner AS14*** and it is already current. For AOS, I sent money to St Louis Missouri, $375 per person totaling 750 for two persons. But I got reply from KCC (where I did not send the money) not form Missouri stating that they do not accept money in this address. I am surprised why my letter and money reached KCC when I sent that to Missouri, DOS. I am totally confused with the information packet and letter from KCC. Where to send the money for DV processing fee? Isn't the amount correct? Please suggest me. Thanks
Soms

The instructions from KCC say to send payment to:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Thats the address everyone has been sending their payment to. So, I can dare to guess that your payment was returned in error. I suggest you resend your payment ASAP.

I went to my local office yesterday to drop the form and when my name was called for the infopass appointment, the officer asked why i was there and i showed the mail and the form and told her that i was there to drop this form. she said ohhh u r the one that the congressman contucted about but she said that with a huge smile... I said yes and she told me that form was the only thing missing in my file, she did not even go to the inside or checked my case or A number it seemed like she knew all about me:) and she told me that i would be hearing smth very soon, i guess it is a good sign.It is unbelieavable to see how contacting with a congressman has changed the way that they treated me:)
that was the only time i left the office with a smile....i hope i will hear smth this week...

The instructions from KCC say to send payment to:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079

The most secure method would be to send the letter via priority mail or regular 1st class but add 'certified mail ($2.70)' together with 'electronic return receipt ($1)' (you may instead attach the regular return receipt card which costs $2.10)

This way you can be sure that someone signs for it and you can get the signature/name via email later. Although it goes to a PO box, still you can use certified mail and they are supposed sign for it .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi DVzee,

My case is almost similar to yours. I sent DV processing fee for 2 persons totaling $750 (2x375) to DOS, St. Louis, Missouri. But it was not cahsed and returned back to me by KCC (not DOS, MIssouri). I am confused where to send the money? My case no is As14**** and is current already. Please share us your other experiences for AOS.

thanks
Soms

Hi Soms..

I sent a "Cashiers Check" not personal check with DV Case Number to :

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079

and yes it was $750 for 2 people. I sent it with the form that comes with the first notification letter titled "Adjustment of Status Fee Payment" .

This letter was then stamped "paid" and returned to me as a receipt.

Let me know if u still aren't clear about something.

Jarev,

I'm not sure if you can switch from AOS to CP, once you've filed for AOS. However, I know that it takes KCC about two months to make that switch, if you do it before you file.

Can anybody, please, answer this question about the sponsor/affidavit of support I-134. I can't find any information on this:

One of the three options, for the sponsor to show sufficient funds, is a bank statement with account information. What is the minimum amount of money that the sponsor should have in the account? I know that if he/she was to demonstrate sufficient income, it should be more than $17K a year, but how does that correspond to bank account amounts?

Thank you very much.

Can anybody, please, answer this question about the sponsor/affidavit of support I-134. I can't find any information on this:

One of the three options, for the sponsor to show sufficient funds, is a bank statement with account information. What is the minimum amount of money that the sponsor should have in the account? I know that if he/she was to demonstrate sufficient income, it should be more than $17K a year, but how does that correspond to bank account amounts?

Thank you very much.

The way i understand is that.... a sponsor must be able to show that his/her 'income' is enough to support his/her family PLUS the immigrant applicant and family (at or above the published poverty level, 125% level is ideal)

The 'income' can be shown as wages drawn from a steady job or as a 'lump sum' available in a bank a/c equal to the annual poverty level.

However, since i-134 binds a sponsor for 3 years, I'm not sure if one use a bank balance, does it need to be 3 times the annual poverty level? may be not.....just 12 months level would be sufficient. Dig around a bit more and see what info you can find.

Best!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all for the information. We talked to KCC. They also did not find anything wrong with our address or fee amount sent. Nevertheless, we changed our mind and switched to cashier check drawn in the name of DOS. I Hope the DOS does not return that again.

Soms(2009AS14***)

Thanks to all for the information. We talked to KCC. They also did not find anything wrong with our address or fee amount sent. Nevertheless, we changed our mind and switched to cashier check drawn in the name of DOS. I Hope the DOS does not return that again.

Soms(2009AS14***)

Out of curiosity, what method of payment had you used before? Who did you make the payment to?

Out of curiosity, what method of payment had you used before? Who did you make the payment to?

Hi,

We had sent DV fee totalling $750 for 2 persons with Postal money order drawn in the name of Dept of States. We had sent that by USPS priority mail. Unfortunately, instead of the receipt, we received what we had sent with a covering letter from KCC asking us to see the information packet and resend the correct amount. It totally puzzled us as we received that back twice. We called KCC afterward and after talking to them we were more puzzled. The incident turned out to be an unsolved mystery for us. They could not tell us what was the problem. The amount as well as the address was perfectly OK. So we decided to go for cashier check and sent that by overnight express USPS service yesterday. Hope this time nothing goes wrong at DOS, St. Louis.

Thanks
Soms

Hi,
Can anyone suggest me, whether we have to schedule biometrics date ourselves or will be fixed by USCIS and mentioned in their letter?
thanks
soms