• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

I sent my my application few weeks ago but still no news from USCIS. Is there any number other than 800 number or e mail to enquire?

Interview done

Dear friends,
I really don't know what to say.
I really appreciate your help, inputs, comments and suggestions over the past few months.

To make it short, here is how my interview went.

We (family of 4) arrived 20 earlier than our Appoint. We waited about 45 minutes to be called in.
In the letter they assigned 30 minutes for every one of us, but the whole interview took about 25 minutes for all of us.

Although the officer was not talking too much and looked too serious but he was nice.

He opened my file and asked me the same questions on the first two pages of my I-485.
Then he had a peak at the the other forms in the folder and didn't ask about originals.
But he asked about the KCC fees reciept.
I gave it to him and he made a copy.

Then did the same thing for my wife and two kids.

Then he said, your case is approved.
Then I asked him nicely, will you take our I-94, he said yes.
He stamped our I-485 with "APPROVED" stamp
Then he took our I-94.

I asked him, since you took our I-94 will you give us a letter or stamp our passport that the case is approved, after thinking for five seconds, he said yes I can stamp your passports.
He did, and every one left happy.

Today, I got an email today with case update "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED"

Again thanks for every one.
For those who are still applying or their cases are being processed, I say, GOODLUCK, be patient and every thing will be just fine.

Thank you, thank you, thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Do you guys know about the NOA process? Does USCIS sends NOA only after getting info for DV from KCC?
The first NOA from uscis is simply an acknowledgment that they have received your application and informs you how they will process your case. You would get that NOA as long as you send them an application + correct fee. So...NO, USCIS does not need your DV info from KCC to send you the first NOA.

I sent my my application few weeks ago but still no news from USCIS. Is there any number other than 800 number or e mail to enquire?

If by "a few weeks ago" you mean 2-3 week ago then I would say give it some more time. Have they cashed your check yet?

Also, Experience has shown that it does no good calling. The customer service agents don't know anything more than what the website or toll-free number gives you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear friends,
I really don't know what to say.
I really appreciate your help, inputs, comments and suggestions over the past few months.

To make it short, here is how my interview went.......

:D NICE !!!!!!! Good for you ALU4E. This journey is almost over. Congratulations to you and your family and best of luck!

congratulations ALU4E! what a wonderful day for you and your entire family!

I keep waiting for the day that I will get to post some good news: my LUD dates have been updating daily since yesterday (when I redid the biometrics) but still no news...

I am grateful that I have all of you guys on this forum. It really means a lot to have people who know what you are going through to talk to and use a soundboard.

As much as my family and friends try to be supportive, they just do not understand how stressful this whole waiting process can be!

congrads ALU4E!!! I just called the USCIS number and talked with the cus. rep. and told my situation and she told me to wait 90 days after the interview, i asked her to put a servise request on my case since the intervier told me that i would receive the card in 2-3 weeks, she told me to wait 90 days and after that they could put a service request on the case. that is unbelievable!!! I start thinking how unlucky i am since everybody except me received the card right after the interview,it seems like i can not get an answer from anybody and i have to wait 1,5 months more, this doesnt make any sense:( and i dont know what to do, any suggestions guys???

Soc Security Card

Does our social security number gets changed when we apply for a new one,because of the restriction on it. Is there anyone who got their card changed? thanks.

Does our social security number gets changed when we apply for a new one,because of the restriction on it. Is there anyone who got their card changed? thanks.

No, your social security number remains the same. SSA will send you a new card without the restriction. I applied for a new one the same day I received my GC and it came in the mail five days later. And I use the term "applied" loosely here, coz I didn't fill out anything, I just walked to the counter and asked for a new card.

side note: when I went to the SSA office they just asked me for my SSN then the lady looked it up on her computer and printed out a receipt. Apparently, by the time I received the GC DHS had already communicated the change to SSA.

Last edited by a moderator:
kakaco,

Have you done an InfoPass lately? Do you know if your background check has cleared? Sometimes that is the reason for a delay. The only thing I can suggest is to try and contact the office of your local senator and ask for an intervention to speed up the process. I hope it goes ok for you.

ALU4E,

Congrats! That was easy.

kakaco,

Have you done an InfoPass lately? Do you know if your background check has cleared? Sometimes that is the reason for a delay. The only thing I can suggest is to try and contact the office of your local senator and ask for an intervention to speed up the process. I hope it goes ok for you.

ALU4E,

Congrats! That was easy.

i will go to the local office on friday but i dont think they will give out any information but that is the only thing that i can do for now. when i had m interview officer told me everything was fine with my application and she was removed the i-94 from my passport and she told me that i would receive the greencard or the form 230 by mail in 2-3 weeks. she was not sure about the form 230 and she was gona talk with her supervisor to figure it out. she told me if i need to fill that out i would receive it in mail in 2-3 weeks and drop that to the local office but it was not necessary i would get the card at that time, so i dont think that it is the background check that is delaying my case if it was the issue she wouldnt tell me that i would receive the card in max a month, so that is confusing.

i will go to the local office on friday but i dont think they will give out any information but that is the only thing that i can do for now. when i had m interview officer told me everything was fine with my application and she was removed the i-94 from my passport and she told me that i would receive the greencard or the form 230 by mail in 2-3 weeks. she was not sure about the form 230 and she was gona talk with her supervisor to figure it out. she told me if i need to fill that out i would receive it in mail in 2-3 weeks and drop that to the local office but it was not necessary i would get the card at that time, so i dont think that it is the background check that is delaying my case if it was the issue she wouldnt tell me that i would receive the card in max a month, so that is confusing.

you should not wait 90 days to do something. they always say 90 days regardless of the question and the situation

No, your social security number remains the same. SSA will send you a new card without the restriction. I applied for a new one the same day I received my GC and it came in the mail five days later. And I use the term "applied" loosely here, coz I didn't fill out anything, I just walked to the counter and asked for a new card.

side note: when I went to the SSA office they just asked me for my SSN then the lady looked it up on her computer and printed out a receipt. Apparently, by the time I received the GC DHS had already communicated the change to SSA.

Thank you very much.

Dv 2009 AOS or CP?

Hello all,
Winner Number 2009EU00025XXX
Since the start chose to do AOS ,sent DSP 122only to KCC letting them know about that. Submit my documents for AOS after October 1 2008 . First received form I 797C notice of receiving my documents a month later denied Letter from my local office because number is not available.
If i wait for my number to be available (May , June) it may not be enough time for AOS processing before September 2009 .
CP is a lot faster as i understood ? should i change from AOS to CP?
I am on F1 visa now but came 2 years ago with J1 only for a summer and stayed here. Isn,t it too risky to do CP? Do i still have enough time to change it?
Please Help...

congrads ALU4E!!! I just called the USCIS number and talked with the cus. rep. and told my situation and she told me to wait 90 days after the interview, i asked her to put a servise request on my case since the intervier told me that i would receive the card in 2-3 weeks, she told me to wait 90 days and after that they could put a service request on the case. that is unbelievable!!! I start thinking how unlucky i am since everybody except me received the card right after the interview,it seems like i can not get an answer from anybody and i have to wait 1,5 months more, this doesnt make any sense:( and i dont know what to do, any suggestions guys???

do u know for sure if u're case was approved?. If the welcome lettter has been sent to ya,, just go to USCIS office and see if they can give ya the temporary stamp on ur passport.