• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

I am so sorry for the spelling and grammer mistakes guys but i am really exhausted, i woke up at 5 am to go to 8.30 interview and i am really pissed right now, and i kind of feel offended :( since u decide to approve someone or not after the interview if there is no complication with her/his case, in mine i dont understand why she is keeping it on her desk and I dont understand how difficult for people to really do their jobs, really do their jobs!!!!!!!!!!!

...I went to my local office today and they called my name and like usual i talked with someone that has no idea about what is going on. I explained him that i had my interview by 23 dec and gave the name of the officer that i had the interview with and told him that i am worried since it has been 45 days and i havent received anything,.......

First of all, I'm pissed off myself just reading about this :mad: But then I think this dude might have been yanking your chain. It seems like the tricks customer service agents pull when they are trying to dodge you.....anyway just a thought.

So do you have a service request in yet? Or do you have to wait the 60 days to put one in?

First of all, I'm pissed off myself just reading about this :mad: But then I think this dude might have been yanking your chain. It seems like the tricks customer service agents pull when they are trying to dodge you.....anyway just a thought.

So do you have a service request in yet? Or do you have to wait the 60 days to put one in?

When i called the customer service and asked for the service request they said they can not put one until 90 days has passed from my interview so they dont even put one before that, i explained that i have been told that i would receive it in max a month at the interview, she said no again she said the rules says 90 days, and today at the local office they told me to wait 60 days so it is already so confusing...and the worst part they r not even giving a reason for the delay it is not the background check or anything. today i asked couple times if everything was ok with my application and he simply said yes but i dont trust the guy since he didnt know anything so i dont know what to do, i will wait 15 more days and then go there again and try to do smth else then which i dont really know what will work with them.

When i called the customer service and asked for the service request they said they can not put one until 90 days has passed from my interview so they dont even put one before that, i explained that i have been told that i would receive it in max a month at the interview, she said no again she said the rules says 90 days, and today at the local office they told me to wait 60 days so it is already so confusing...and the worst part they r not even giving a reason for the delay it is not the background check or anything. today i asked couple times if everything was ok with my application and he simply said yes but i dont trust the guy since he didnt know anything so i dont know what to do, i will wait 15 more days and then go there again and try to do smth else then which i dont really know what will work with them.

this is crazy. it's unbelievable that they delay your case because of something that we all know and they do too that you don't need to do. but they are giving you this as a reason...i dont get it.. did they tell you if your background checks are fine..?

kakaco

kakaco,

I'm so sorry to hear that,it's really annoying and frustrating dealing with officers who do not know what they are doing.
To be sure I completely understand,the reason is that you're missing DS 230 or? If it's DS 230 I read somewhere in this forum that they do not even need for AOS since it's the same as G-325A. Or it's another form that they want?

Hang in there and enjoy your vacation.

Last edited by a moderator:
kakaco,

I'm so sorry to hear that,it's really annoying and frustrating dealing with officers who do not know what they are doing.
To be sure I completely understand,the reason is that you're missing DS 230 or? If it's DS 230 I read somewhere in this forum that they do not even need for AOS since it's the same as G-325A. Or it's another form that they want?

Hang in there and enjoy your vacation.

thanks so much for the support guys!!! it means a lot to me... I really appreciate for ur help and suggestions... Because i have been going on my mind every little detail again and again just to figure out what i am missing....

Santay;
u r right, it is about DS 230, i never filled that form because when i first receive the letter from kentucky about being selected by April, i went to the my local uscis office and to a lawyer and they both suggested me to mail the application ASAP because at that time my H1 visa was about to expire by June. they told me not to apply for the extention instead they told me to apply AOS right away, none of them mentioned the current visa number thing, so i prepared my AOS application like crazy in a week, seriously in a week:) and mailed it and luckly before my visa expires, i got the rejection because of the early application. Because of these unprofessional people i was about to be late for the H1 extention, and a week after i sent my application i found this forum and i learned how untrustable these people were and i learned not to trust them. Luckly i had time to apply for the H1 extention with a premium process(which cost me extra 1000$) and got my visa before the other was expired. so since i ve already submit my AOS once, kentucky office sent me a letter stating that they are aware of my AOS application and the letter told me to not to contact with them or send any of these forms including DS230 since they know that i would be doing AOS so i didnt. when my visa number was current by october, i did the regular AOS application and at the interview she said that she didnt see DS230 in my folder and she was not sure if it was needed. I explained her that i got the letter from kentucky telling me not to send any of those forms and she made the copy of that letter and put it to my folder, and she told me that she was gonna talk with her supervisor to make sure that i wouldnt need to fill that out,that was the only issue on my case and she was not so worried about that form either because she told me if it was needed i would get it in mail in 2-3 weeks and she didnt even want me to mail it back she just told me to drop it to the office if it is needed. She even told me if the form was not needed, i would be receiving the greencard in mail in 2-3 weeks. (max a month) So that is the part that drives me crazy because she was the one telling that everything was fine on my case besides that form issue, so today when i went there my biggest worry was since there is no update on my online status, i thaught that maybe they wanted me to fill that DS230 form and mailed it to my address but somehow it got lost in mail so that is the reason that i dont see any updates on my file. but i mentioned my worry about it today, but they confirmed that they havent sent anything to me yet so this is the part that i dont understand since DS230 is not the issue and she was ready to approve my case right after the interview how come it is taking 45 days to come up with a decision!!!! even asking me to wait 60 days:(
Since i came from the local office, i have been checking me online status every 15 min and hoping that she would realize she left my case on her desk and forgot about it and me going there would make her realize her mistake but unfortunately no change, i am so sick of seeing the same sentences there for months:( so i dont think that the problem is background check or even that form, i dont really know and i dont understand howcome everything was fine on my file and she is still thinking about it?????

Someone I know. Was in the US on a F1 visa, overstayed by a few days and has her DV interview coming up. CP in Kathmandu. Can that overstay be a problem?

Can some do his/her biometrics at ASC other than his/her home state?

I beleive you could; by a) walk-in to the ASC of your choice with the BioM notice in hand and try to talk your way through (may be a very low chance of success though !)

b) Send back the notice with an explanation asking to change the location and to send in a new notice. (do this if you have a LOT of time and patience, that you can wait for a new notice)

The bottom line is....why do you want to confuse a system that is already ridiculously 'confused' and slow it down?
Choose wisely. Try a) for its worth and if it is closer to you.

Bio

Hi Dfdo,
Our Bio is scheduled for Feb 18th. My wife is out of state till march 5th. I have heard that rescheduling Bio causes delay the process. That's why I was kind of thinking what to do. Is it better to reschedule her Bio and keep mine as Feb 18th or request to reschedule for both? For some people NC took more than 6 months. Keeping that in mind 15 days is a lot. What should I do?

Thanks.

Jamal

Kakaco:

I am sorry about your situation, but the fact that you went probably made her (the interviewer) go back over your file again, it helps to keep your case moving. The worst thing you could have done is nothing.
Do you think there may be some sort of ......racism ? Is your country on their "no friendly countries list" ? I cant think on any other reason .

Be persistent, I bet you'll end up winning, never give up !!!!

Kakaco:

I am sorry about your situation, but the fact that you went probably made her (the interviewer) go back over your file again, it helps to keep your case moving. The worst thing you could have done is nothing.
Do you think there may be some sort of ......racism ? Is your country on their "no friendly countries list" ? I cant think on any other reason .

Be persistent, I bet you'll end up winning, never give up !!!!

thanks so much matutelandia!!! i am hoping the same, maybe she will do smth next week,just waiting... I never had a problem with the immigration issues because of my country, i am from turkey and i have applied to H1 two times(one for the extention) and received the visa easily and never had a problem at the customs but who knows!!! When i applied to AOS i was thinking it would be easier based on the security check since i work for the NY state health department govertment based research lab since they probably run a background check for these kind of jobs but seems like in these kind of application nothing really matters other than being lucky enough to run into the officers that really knows the process. I have never ever been so lucky in my life until i learned that i have been selected in DV, but right now since these things are happening it makes me question it again:) Well, we will see what happens next, right???

hi

thanks so much matutelandia!!! i am hoping the same, maybe she will do smth next week,just waiting... I never had a problem with the immigration issues because of my country, i am from turkey and i have applied to H1 two times(one for the extention) and received the visa easily and never had a problem at the customs but who knows!!! When i applied to AOS i was thinking it would be easier based on the security check since i work for the NY state health department govertment based research lab since they probably run a background check for these kind of jobs but seems like in these kind of application nothing really matters other than being lucky enough to run into the officers that really knows the process. I have never ever been so lucky in my life until i learned that i have been selected in DV, but right now since these things are happening it makes me question it again:) Well, we will see what happens next, right???

Merhaba Kakaco.

any interview letter for december?

...For some people NC took more than 6 months. Keeping that in mind 15 days is a lot. What should I do?

Thanks.

Jamal

Most important advice I'd give you is do not panic ! 'Cos time is on your side still.....unless of course you have the 'original sin' :rolleyes: (ie. they profile you separately:confused: at length:mad: due to legitimate issues USA may have in general with your 'country of origin')
Since its less than a moth before your wife come back, I suggest that you go ahead with yours on 18th and send back your wife's notice to the ASC asap(keep a copy !!), asking them to schedule a date for her after 3/5.
If you are the principal applicant this may lead to you been called for the interview first. If not you will have to wait for your wife's clearance and a late interview. ( I have not seen in this forum a case where 2 spouses called for separate interviews, though it is common to get Bio appointments on different dates. Pros in the forum may pitch in with more info I hope)

Hope for the best and again don't panic ! Good Luck !

kakaco,

I'm sorry to hear all that. You really should go to your senator's office. They have the power to intervene and, since your case is alright, that may do it. It's helped in some cases in the past. I hope it works out for you.

Hi guys...
I've gone through the thread and can't figure out a few things:

1) Do I need to include my Tax Returns in the package to Chicago Lockbox or do I carry them with me at the time of the interview?

2) I am on H1B visa and can support my self with a letter from my employer...do i have to submit an I-134 affidavit of Support for my spouse who is on H4 visa?

3) Do I send two cashiers checks($1,010 each) or one check($2,020) for me and my spouse?

Thanx in advance...

DVzee,
The following is my opinion, maybe some of the other members can share theirs:

1) Do I need to include my Tax Returns in the package to Chicago Lockbox or do I carry them with me at the time of the interview?
I would not recommend you include your tax returns in your initial petition. Have them with you and if the IO asks for them at the interview you can produce them then.

2) I am on H1B visa and can support my self with a letter from my employer...do i have to submit an I-134 affidavit of Support for my spouse who is on H4 visa?
If it's no hustle for you to get the I-134, then get it. Most likely if you are on H-1B then your job would be sufficient¹ and hence the I-134 unneccessary.

¹ If there are other circumstances in your personal life that would make the IO feel that your job is not sufficient (e.g. family size, salary amount, etc) then have a I-134 ready.

3) Do I send two cashiers checks($1,010 each) or one check($2,020) for me and my spouse?

I would recommend you send separate checks. As you prepare your AOS packet, think of your application as two separate petitions instead of one big joint petition. Let each petion be complete upto and including the fees.

...3) Do I send two cashiers checks($1,010 each) or one check($2,020) for me and my spouse?

Thanx in advance...

As per the USCIS field manual, they treat applications from a 'family' as one 'family packet'. So it is suggested you send in all forms as one package and hence just one payment is enough.... I think.
You may want to do some more digging if you are really concerned. In any case it should not play any major role as far as delays are concerned. However issue of NoA s are based on when the check is handled/cashed. If you send in more than one check, I have seen in this forum ppl getting anxious due to the fact that checks are cashed weeks apart and NoA s and Bio Appointments s received at different times. So be prepared for that as well.

Dfdo/