• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Hello all,
Winner Number 2009EU00025XXX
Since the start chose to do AOS ,sent DSP 122only to KCC letting them know about that. Submit my documents for AOS after October 1 2008 . First received form I 797C notice of receiving my documents a month later denied Letter from my local office because number is not available.
If i wait for my number to be available (May , June) it may not be enough time for AOS processing before September 2009 .
CP is a lot faster as i understood ? should i change from AOS to CP?
I am on F1 visa now but came 2 years ago with J1 only for a summer and stayed here. Isn,t it too risky to do CP? Do i still have enough time to change it?
Please Help...

Hi Coden12, be extremely careful as most probably your J1 visa has a 2-year home residency requirement see http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/info/info_1288.html

I went rhough the same thing sending my AOS too early and just got it returned. Now I am doing CP through KCC and DOS, which is safer. But again BE CAREFUL, if you leave the country to do CP and do not have a waiver on J1 two-year home residency, you might not be able to come back to finish your F1. Be very careful and get a lawyer.

To dvzee

Dvzee,
we are family of 4 and i have sent 4 separate checks.
This was a recommendation from an officer at my local office during the infopass that i made long time ago.

And it makes sense for me.
Because, although at uscis they consider you and your wife as two separate cases, but under one file or one category, remember that you have prepared two separate i-485 forms.
So, two separate checks is better.

Thanx guys...I guess two seperate checks makes sense...by the way ALU4E are you preparing I-134 for your spouse and children?

As Dematra said i feel the my letter of employment is sufficient for me but Does my spouse need an I-134?

kakaco,

I'm sorry to hear all that. You really should go to your senator's office. They have the power to intervene and, since your case is alright, that may do it. It's helped in some cases in the past. I hope it works out for you.

Thanks ItsoFototo!!! I will wait till to feb 23 and if i dont get any updates on the case, i will contact or try to contact with the senator... Hopefully i will give u good news soon!!! I have been checking my LUD 100 times a day:) I think this thing is making me go crazy!!! Thanks for the support:)

An interesting thing happened. I had my biometrics taken about 3 weeks ago. Just as I was waiting for the interview notice, the welcome letter arrived. Somehow, they skipped the interview. The letter says I will receive the card within 3 weeks (fingers crossed).

The forum has been extremely helpful. It was a smooth process for me so I wish the same luck to you all.

Thanx guys...I guess two seperate checks makes sense...by the way ALU4E are you preparing I-134 for your spouse and children?

As Dematra said i feel the my letter of employment is sufficient for me but Does my spouse need an I-134?

Yes, every one needs I-134, if you are below the poverty line.

Finally, the journey has come to an end. I receive a GC today in the mail. It's less than 2 weeks after interview.

Thanks again for everyone's support and help. I also thank for this forum and WebMaster. I wouldn't have done this so far without you.

For people who have problems, I wish you will get it through and get the GC soon. Hang in there. For those whose numbers are not current yet, I wish you will pass without any problem.

An interesting thing happened. I had my biometrics taken about 3 weeks ago. Just as I was waiting for the interview notice, the welcome letter arrived. Somehow, they skipped the interview. The letter says I will receive the card within 3 weeks (fingers crossed).

The forum has been extremely helpful. It was a smooth process for me so I wish the same luck to you all.

WHAT ????? :eek::eek::eek: I think you are the first recorded case of a DV winner getting the Green Card without the interview. It is more common on other cases (such as employment based ones), but not for DV.
Congratulations !!!!!! I hope I have the same luck :)

Finally, the journey has come to an end. I receive a GC today in the mail. It's less than 2 weeks after interview.

Thanks again for everyone's support and help. I also thank for this forum and WebMaster. I wouldn't have done this so far without you.

For people who have problems, I wish you will get it through and get the GC soon. Hang in there. For those whose numbers are not current yet, I wish you will pass without any problem.

Congradssss hpy!!! good luck with everything!!!

Just as I was waiting for the interview notice, the welcome letter arrived. Somehow, they skipped the interview. The letter says I will receive the card within 3 weeks (fingers crossed).

Diverse, Isn't it just NICE!!! Ah??...congrats!

that is fantastic diverse! can you tell us what your local district office is please?

WOW!! :D Thats pretty interesting. We've all heard about this happening, but until now it was just an urban myth.

Congratulations diverse!! Wish you the best of luck. :)

hpy,
:D Thats FANTASTIC news for you!!! Congratulations, and yes that journey is finally over. Feels good doesn't it? Well...welcome to the LPR club, and hopefully we will be seeing you in the N-400 forum in about 57 months!

OK, so I had my interview yesterday, Feb 9th at 8am. I got there half an hour early. There were around 20 people in the room waiting for different cases, I was the only DV there that morning. Everyone looked a little nervous. I was too, but I was bored so I started talking to the guard at the door. He was also an immigration officer. He said that I'm lucky because the person who is looking at my case right now is the most chilled out son of a bitch out there. That was a good sign. I could tell this guy was from the Philippines from his accent so I asked him if he's heard of Russell Peters. He said he loves Russell Peters and we were having a good laugh for a few minutes about Russell. At 8 sharp an officer comes out to call my name. He was a sweet little Asian man in his 50's. I was in at 8.00 and out by 8.07. He went through the oath, asked to see only my high school diploma, birth certificate, passport and photo id (drivers license) He didn't ask for my i-20, job verification, bank statements nor the affidavit of support! He crossed out my visa and took my I-94. He said I was set and that I should be hearing back from them within 30 days.
This is the part that confused me, but he said everything looks ok, it's just that the other department will take a look at it and get back to you within 30 days. Did anyone else have this happen to them. I read the forum but didn't find anyone with this problem.
Anyway, I'm not to worried because he did stamp and cross out my visa and said the paper work was ok.
Hopefully it doesn't take 30 days, instead much less coz im looking forward to going home for a holiday soon.

Good luck to all the rest of you!

OK, so I had my interview yesterday, Feb 9th at 8am. I got there half an hour early. There were around 20 people in the room waiting for different cases, I was the only DV there that morning. Everyone looked a little nervous. I was too, but I was bored so I started talking to the guard at the door. He was also an immigration officer. He said that I'm lucky because the person who is looking at my case right now is the most chilled out son of a bitch out there. That was a good sign. I could tell this guy was from the Philippines from his accent so I asked him if he's heard of Russell Peters. He said he loves Russell Peters and we were having a good laugh for a few minutes about Russell. At 8 sharp an officer comes out to call my name. He was a sweet little Asian man in his 50's. I was in at 8.00 and out by 8.07. He went through the oath, asked to see only my high school diploma, birth certificate, passport and photo id (drivers license) He didn't ask for my i-20, job verification, bank statements nor the affidavit of support! He crossed out my visa and took my I-94. He said I was set and that I should be hearing back from them within 30 days.
This is the part that confused me, but he said everything looks ok, it's just that the other department will take a look at it and get back to you within 30 days. Did anyone else have this happen to them. I read the forum but didn't find anyone with this problem.
Anyway, I'm not to worried because he did stamp and cross out my visa and said the paper work was ok.
Hopefully it doesn't take 30 days, instead much less coz im looking forward to going home for a holiday soon.

Good luck to all the rest of you!

DMBfan,
probably i am the only one who stucked after the interview, it has been 50 days and havent heard anything back, but u r lucky that they stamped ur passport,in my case they just removed the i-94,so u can feel more comfortable since ur situation is different than mine...

DMBfan,
probably i am the only one who stucked after the interview, it has been 50 days and havent heard anything back, but u r lucky that they stamped ur passport,in my case they just removed the i-94,so u can feel more comfortable since ur situation is different than mine...

kakaco- don't worry! I am sure everything will be ok with you!

you are not the only one who did not have smooth sailing- I have been waiting less than you but I also have not heard anything AND unlike you, at my interview they told me NOTHING and did not remove my I94!

just so you know, my Immigration officer did not say much but she did say that they would make a determination within 60 days of the interview- so maybe this means that you do not have to wait too much longer!

keep the faith! you will be celebrating soon!

kakaco- don't worry! I am sure everything will be ok with you!

you are not the only one who did not have smooth sailing- I have been waiting less than you but I also have not heard anything AND unlike you, at my interview they told me NOTHING and did not remove my I94!

just so you know, my Immigration officer did not say much but she did say that they would make a determination within 60 days of the interview- so maybe this means that you do not have to wait too much longer!

keep the faith! you will be celebrating soon!

thankssss so much lindina254!!!that made me feel better, i was wondering if they made up this 60 days thing just to get rid of my questions:) since u heard the same thing this should be true...i hope we will join the celebrating group soon!!!