• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

lindina254,
i just noticed that ur field office is NYC,right??? and mine is Albany NY, maybe things go that way in NY offices, who knows:)

OK, so I had my interview yesterday, Feb 9th at 8am. I got there half an hour early. There were around 20 people in the room waiting for different cases, I was the only DV there that morning. Everyone looked a little nervous. I was too, but I was bored so I started talking to the guard at the door. He was also an immigration officer. He said that I'm lucky because the person who is looking at my case right now is the most chilled out son of a bitch out there. That was a good sign. I could tell this guy was from the Philippines from his accent so I asked him if he's heard of Russell Peters. He said he loves Russell Peters and we were having a good laugh for a few minutes about Russell. At 8 sharp an officer comes out to call my name. He was a sweet little Asian man in his 50's. I was in at 8.00 and out by 8.07. He went through the oath, asked to see only my high school diploma, birth certificate, passport and photo id (drivers license) He didn't ask for my i-20, job verification, bank statements nor the affidavit of support! He crossed out my visa and took my I-94. He said I was set and that I should be hearing back from them within 30 days.
This is the part that confused me, but he said everything looks ok, it's just that the other department will take a look at it and get back to you within 30 days. Did anyone else have this happen to them. I read the forum but didn't find anyone with this problem.
Anyway, I'm not to worried because he did stamp and cross out my visa and said the paper work was ok.
Hopefully it doesn't take 30 days, instead much less coz im looking forward to going home for a holiday soon.

Good luck to all the rest of you!

:D:):D:):D:)
Hahaha,
take it easy man, you are approved.

Since he crossed your current visa and stamped your passport, this means you are approved.

You will be gettign the welcome letter within a week or so, maybe the GC within another week.

Just as I was waiting for the interview notice, the welcome letter arrived. Somehow, they skipped the interview. The letter says I will receive the card within 3 weeks (fingers crossed).

Diverse, Isn't it just NICE!!! Ah??...congrats!

So.....this seems like a new 'practice' this year?
Anyways congrats NataliaS and Diverse for your success, and to all the others who already got good news.

Those of you who are waiting sooooo anxiously for a final word, we pray for you all !.......hang on there, it wont be too long you get to celebrate :) !!

BTW, NataliaS your office was NYC, right? and Diverse, what is yours?

Do you have idea how long time required after finger print? I had a finger print on Jan7, 2009. After that I did not receive any message. My serial number was current on December.

May 2008: Fist Notification letter
December 2008: Package sent to Chicago office (With medical Record)
December 08: NOA
December 12:Finger print Notice
January 07: Finger Print Done
January 30:EAD order only for me (My spouse is still pending)
February 07: EAD received

Waiting for Interview letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have idea how long time required after finger print? I had a finger print on Jan7, 2009. After that I did not receive any message. My serial number was current on December.

I was also current in December, had my fingerprint taken Jan 02, and also still waiting for the interview letter. We should be getting it before the end of the month, if the general trend hasn't changed much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

We are waiting for our Biometrics appointment. I hope everything will be all right.

June 25, 2008 : 2nd Letter KCC
December 5, 2008 : Medical Exam
December 8, 2008 : $375*4 fee to DOS
December 20, 2008 : DOS Receipt
January 16, 2009 : AOS package to Chicago
January 28 , 2009 : Checks cashed
February 2 , 2009 : NOA
February 7, 2009 : Biometrics letter received

confused!

Hello!

My number is current, and I send $375 to the DOS, then I scheduled an Infopass appointment and got the I-485 "package".

Now I am majorly confused,
A)
as I already have a valid work permit (EAD through OPT) do i have to file i-765 again or sending a copy of my ork permit to them alongwith the i-485 enough?

B)
Plus the letter of affidavit... which one do I use? the i 864 or the i 134 ? included in the package is i 864 but people say that i 134 is to be used, plus can I file my own affidavit.. i.e. sponsor my own self? I do not have a job but I do have some savings and assets to total about 30K .

C)
I am not going to need advance parole so I am not going to file i-131.. i hope it is ok ....

D)
how much do you think a lawyer would cost if I decide to appoint one, coz I am getting really confused.....

Thanks in advance!

As000018xxx

I am DV2009 winner with case numer AS000018XXX. Looking at current trend my number will get current on May. It's already 17,400 for April.

I am in US since last two year in L1 visa with my family. Looking at last 7 years history I decided to do the consular processing (CP). This time things are very different not sure why.

There's absolutely no problem for me to do the CP except that I have to return back. I can also go for Adjustment Of Stauts here this is also not a problem, this this case I will work with Layer.

My question if "May" is when my case is getting current I will get "five months" to adjust my status. May, June, July, August and September. I would rather not count May and September. Three months is that enough, more than enough, somewhat enough for AOS?

- Thanks in Advance
- DV2009 Winner

My question if "May" is when my case is getting current I will get "five months" to adjust my status. May, June, July, August and September. I would rather not count May and September. Three months is that enough, more than enough, somewhat enough for AOS?

winner2009,
Nobody can say for sure how long a case will take. This is because there are a lot of factors that can affect your case. And, you don't have control over many of those factors. So.... your case could take 2 months or it could take 6 months.

If I were in your situation I would persure AOS. In my opinion May - Sept is plenty of time. But thats me....

If you do choose to persue AOS instead of CP, then try and prepare for the process as best as you can. Try to avoid making mistakes that could slow you down. The rest will be left to fate.

There's absolutely no problem for me to do the CP except that I have to return back. I can also go for Adjustment Of Status here this is also not a problem, this this case I will work with Layer.

I'd say if you have the luxury of time and money, go for CP !

But you may have to act fast so that KCC will schedule your interview as soon as you become current.
You will have to arrange to get your medicals and police report done at ur home country.

To be on the safe side you will have to go prepared with the paper work to get a new L1 visa to come back......just in case.
The plus side is, unlike doing AoS in US, you 'may' be able to get friendly and knowledgeable info from the US embassy in your country to get prepared. As many in this forum can vouch, getting that from USCIS offices in US is next to impossible !

Attached info would be helpful for doing CP. (make sure to send her a thank you note !)

Good Luck !

Finally good news!!!

Well my dear AOS family,

the day finally arrived! Late last night as I was sorting through the junkmail, I saw another envelope from USCIS and at first I thought, great, another fingerprint notice, but then I opened it and lo and behold, my Welcome to the United States Letter!!!!

I was so excited! So so happy! I could not believe it! and of course I could not wait to share the good news with everyone on this forum that has been of invaluable support to me!

Of course (as is to be expected of course as we have all learned that USCIS is anything but infallible, often times gives unreliable information, is definitely NOT consistent and makes mistakes all the time!) my LUD still gives a date of 2/3/09.

Thank you thank you all for your help! A particular shoutout to dematra, windv, ALU4E, kakaco, DVWinner09 and good luck to Itsofototo and NataliaS who are dealing with the very strange NYC district office!

Well my dear AOS family,

the day finally arrived! Late last night as I was sorting through the junkmail, I saw another envelope from USCIS and at first I thought, great, another fingerprint notice, but then I opened it and lo and behold, my Welcome to the United States Letter!!!!

I was so excited! So so happy! I could not believe it! and of course I could not wait to share the good news with everyone on this forum that has been of invaluable support to me!

Of course (as is to be expected of course as we have all learned that USCIS is anything but infallible, often times gives unreliable information, is definitely NOT consistent and makes mistakes all the time!) my LUD still gives a date of 2/3/09.

Thank you thank you all for your help! A particular shoutout to dematra, windv, ALU4E, kakaco, DVWinner09 and good luck to Itsofototo and NataliaS who are dealing with the very strange NYC district office!

Finally. This is great! :)) Enjoy

...Late last night as I was sorting through the junkmail, I saw another envelope from USCIS and at first I thought, great, another fingerprint notice, but then I opened it and lo and behold, my Welcome to the United States Letter!!!!!...

Well....someone is happy this morning...lol!

lindina254, thats freakin awesome!! :D:D

Hey, it's like Uncle Sam just sent you a Valentine's gift. ;)

hi

Well my dear AOS family,

It is good news.
I am still waiting my interview letter.