• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Thanks guys and ladies! I deeply appreciate that. :)

matutelandia,
No - my interview letter did not ask for any affidavit of support.

It only asked for:
1) Valid identification - passport and state issued ID or DL
2) Federal tax returns
3) Birth Certificates of children and spouse.
4) Arrest* records for non-traffic related offences.

*As far as #4 above is concered, the letter goes into lengthy detail about what is required. The way I would summarize it would be that they want documentation on all legal trouble you have ever had except minor non-criminal traffic citations where the fine was < $500 and where no drugs/booze was involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys and ladies! I deeply appreciate that. :).....

congrats Dematra! such a nice thing to have happen before the holidays!

I am convinced that each District office has its own letters- I actually got 2 separate lists in addition to the New York district office linterview letter that gave me the date and roon number etc. for my interview. Both of these lists are really detailed and they do not even ask for the same things- though both are a full page long in 8 point font!!

For example, in addition to all the usual things we would expect, they also ask for a 1722 letter from IRS in addition to the taxes, and they even ask for the medical exam information, giving the phone number to call to get a civili surgeon to do the medical (even though most people will have done it before they file for AOS!) It could just be that they send the same letter for AOS to all AOS (including employment and family based petitions!)

I just think the easiest thing is for everyone to comply with their own district office's letter and bring everything on it. It is so much better to just have everything on hand and have the interview NOT ask for anything (which seems to be common) than to not have the document when they ask for it!

It is about a month since I did my biometrics, and no interview letter or online updates till now.
I called FBI and hey told me that they send my file on the next day of my biometrics.
is it too early to worry?
or do I have to give it some more time?

It is about a month since I did my biometrics, and no interview letter or online updates till now.
I called FBI and hey told me that they send my file on the next day of my biometrics.

Same here ALU4E, I had my biometrics on nov 19 and no interview letter yet. Did infopass, she said fingerprint cleared but name check showed as no record and case pending for interview.
I wonder if this means every background check is done and they are waiting to schedule for interview? :confused:

Hopefully we get interview letter before dec.. fingers crossed
;)

Same here. where is your field office?
I'm still waiting for my biometric and my number was current on October.

About I-485 Filing Fee Under 14

Hi,

How much is thee I-485 Filing Fee for under 14 ? I know it should be $600 with applying parent but some people say different amount.

Thank you.

Hi, everybody. My current number is in December. Today I got my NOA. I'm on F-1 student visa. Does anyone know do I need to fill any tax return papers, such as form 8843 if I did't work and I haven't any income?
I read yesterday on IRS website some information about people like me, and I'm so confused. i didn't fill any papers such as 8843 during my stay here in USA. Will I have any problems on my interview? (this summer I "celebrated" 5 years since I came to US.):confused:

ALU4E What is the number to call FBI?

Biometrics and Interview

Hi All...
I am current in December currently on F1.
I already received biometric notice which will be on 01/09/09.
Typically, is it only after biometrics is done that interview letter is sent out or I can start expecting interview letter now.
Also, I applied for I-765. Is this dependent on the biometrics. How soon do people get their cards if anyone knows.
Anyone using San Antonio local office pls share processing time info.
Thanks & Goodluck

Received AP today:) Still havent received EAD but I have an interview tmrw, I will let you guys know about my interview, I am kind of nervous!!!

Update!!! I just checked my online status, it says EAD card has been approved and will be received in 30 days, I havent received it yet but it is about time:) good news:)

case status online

For those who check their case status online: I received my NOA about two weeks ago but still can't check my status online, it tells me "Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status online. Please check your receipt number and try again ........" I am putting the "Receipt Number" located at the top left of the NOA, wich starts with MSC. Am I missing something ???
Thanks, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS FOR ALL OF YOU !!!

For those who check their case status online: I received my NOA about two weeks ago but still can't check my status online, it tells me "Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status online. Please check your receipt number and try again ........" I am putting the "Receipt Number" located at the top left of the NOA, wich starts with MSC. Am I missing something ???
Thanks, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS FOR ALL OF YOU !!!

same thing happened to my kids status.
But after biometrics it shows up.
Don't worry.

Ok so we received a letter about the Biometrics, but it didn't give any dates for when to go for the appointment or an interview other then saying it will schedule a time for us. Not sure what's next? They also sent two pieces of mail, one being a mistake I think since is said we paid nothing... the other one was correct in stating what we paid.

So what am I missing? Is there another letter that is sent with the time to go in for the biometrics and another for the interview date?

Ok so we received a letter about the Biometrics, but it didn't give any dates for when to go for the appointment or an interview other then saying it will schedule a time for us. Not sure what's next? They also sent two pieces of mail, one being a mistake I think since is said we paid nothing... the other one was correct in stating what we paid.

So what am I missing? Is there another letter that is sent with the time to go in for the biometrics and another for the interview date?

It is not very clear what you are saying, but this is what you are supposed to get:

* NOA
* Biometric Appointment letter, with place and time
* Interview Letter, also with date and time

There is not such a thing as a letter telling you about the Biometrics and interview at the same time, it is always two separate letters