• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

matutelandia, or anyone might have an answer: What field office you're in? Do think I would still have a chance with AOS I am in LA. Based on USCIS website in September 30, 2008 posting says they are processing January 28, 2008.

uscis timeline is never accurate. do not look at that information.

thank you matutelandia,

and runing the risk of not being able to come back in case they deny it.
[/QUOTE
is this mean that my F1 visa will be canceled.

if you have the same case of me, would you do ADS or CP

If u're number will be current in August like u said, u can mail ur application in june as soon as the visa bulletin shows that u'll be current in August.

Its really hard to say thou but ur best bet might be CP. Either way, ur F-1 status/visa will be cancelled if u re denied the visa overseas or unable to complete AOS

Documents for the Interview- quick question

I would appreciate if those who have already done their interview or who know from others would answer a few questions:

My interview notice came with two separate lists of documents to bring to the interview. I have almost all of the already and can easily obtain the others (such as the tax returns etc) but I have a question:

both papers (slightly different lists) state: bring affidavit of support I134 to interview with documentation.

I am employed in the US and have shown savings above the poverty line in my I485.

The I134 question 1 gives various options regarding status in the US including at 1d "a lawfully admitted permanent resident, give A number": I now know my A number but I am questioning whether I should swear and sign to a document in which I say I am something I am not (yet-hehe) ie. a LPR.

What did you guys do for your affidavits of support? Did any of you have sponsors fill them out? I am sure I could find a friend who would sponsor me but I wonder if that is necessary...

It is so strange, why do they ask you for affidavit of support if you are already employed ???? Are you employed as and F-1 or H1B ??
What about the few ones that already got approved or received an interview letter, do all of them ask for affidavit of support ?? Inputs ? .....

Last edited by a moderator:
It is so strange, what do they ask you for affidavit of support if you are already employed ???? Are you employed as and F-1 or H1B ??
What about the few ones that already got approved or received an interview letter, do all of them ask for affidavit of support ?? Inputs ? .....

I have been here on an H1B since 2004. The letter is obviously a standard letter that they send to everyone (at the top it states Adjustment of Status but that could of course apply to employment or family AOS petitions as well...)

I just don't want to NOT have a document- I'd rather bring it and have them not ask me for it!

thank you matutelandia,

If u're number will be current in August like u said, u can mail ur application in june as soon as the visa bulletin shows that u'll be current in August.

Its really hard to say thou but ur best bet might be CP. Either way, ur F-1 status/visa will be cancelled if u re denied the visa overseas or unable to complete AOS

if you are unable to complete AOS but you have not violated your F1 status, you are Ok, you can continue on F1. If you do CP, your F1 status is cancelled and they most probably won't give you another F1 visa.

I would appreciate if those who have already done their interview or who know from others would answer a few questions:

My interview notice came with two separate lists of documents to bring to the interview. I have almost all of the already and can easily obtain the others (such as the tax returns etc) but I have a question:

both papers (slightly different lists) state: bring affidavit of support I134 to interview with documentation.

I am employed in the US and have shown savings above the poverty line in my I485.

The I134 question 1 gives various options regarding status in the US including at 1d "a lawfully admitted permanent resident, give A number": I now know my A number but I am questioning whether I should swear and sign to a document in which I say I am something I am not (yet-hehe) ie. a LPR.

What did you guys do for your affidavits of support? Did any of you have sponsors fill them out? I am sure I could find a friend who would sponsor me but I wonder if that is necessary...

don't complete I134 yourself, a sponsor has to do that. get a friend to do it for you. it's better to have it with you, just in case. I am not sure these officers know what they are doing. Apparently, they are treating our case as marriage based just because there is 2 of us, and are requesting i864 as a result.

if you are unable to complete AOS but you have not violated your F1 status, you are Ok, you can continue on F1. If you do CP, your F1 status is cancelled and they most probably won't give you another F1 visa.

To be honest with ya, there's no clear answer to the question of falling back to f-1 status if AOS is denied or not completed but most often, people are put on removal procedings if for some reason, AOS application was not adjudicated.

so it is so risky!!! i don't know what i have to do

If u have not violated the terms of ur current visa, I would go with CP. But wait until April and see how the visa bulletin number moves and that would give u an idea as to when u're number will be current. If u have 3 months before deadline, u might be able to complete the process. it seems like USCIS is becoming more efficient than they have been in decades.

A question about I-134

Hi,

I'm in AOS process and i'm waiting to become my number current. I have a question about I-134 Affidavit Support document. I'm working with H-1 Visa. For My wife and my two kids is it neccassary to fill 3 different I-134 ? or is it one enough for My wife and kids ?

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm in AOS process and i'm waiting to become my number current. I have a question about I-134 Affidavit Support document. I'm working with H-1 Visa. For My wife and my two kids is it neccassary to fill 3 different I-134 ? or is it one enough for My wife and kids ?

Thank you.

everyone needs a seperate I-134 form.

Hi Guys, update again.Recieved Biometrics appointment today.

05/08/08---NL Received...current in December
05/14/08---Sent forms back(only DSP 122)
07/14/08---Received 2nd response letter for AOS
10/09/08---Sent the fee to DOS
10/18/08---Received receipt from DOS
11/07/08---Medicals done
12/01/08---AOS package delivered to Lockbox
12/16/08---NoA received for I-485.
12/18/08---Received Bio. App. Letter (date:01/06/2009)

Progress update...

So..... I had my interview yesterday and my AOS was approved !! :D :D :D

The whole thing was pretty short and straight to the point. I was told to expect an approval notice in the mail within the next few days and the GC within the next 30 days.

The interview lasted 5 minutes at most. I was only asked to show my passport and state issued ID - nothing else. The questions were the same as the ones on the I-485.

Congrats!!dematra

Progress update...

The whole thing was pretty short and straight to the point. I was told to expect an approval notice in the mail within the next few days and the GC within the next 30 days.

The interview lasted 5 minutes at most. I was only asked to show my passport and state issued ID - nothing else. The questions were the same as the ones on the I-485.

Wow...that was fast!!!

Congratulations,so happy for you.:D

Progress update...

wooowww!!! congrads dematra!!! Good luck with everything!!!

Progress update...

Congratulations Dematra !!!! Question: did they ask in the interview letter for and afidavit of support ? I'm still not sure that's a standard thing they ask for on all the letters even if you are employed.
Enjoy your status !!!