• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Fott,alu4e..

Thank you guys for the clarification!

One more thing,did you include the Notification letter and s copy of marriage certificate on the dependants application?

santay
Yes, i`m going to include both. "If you are applying as the spouse of that person, also attach a copy of your marriage certificate and copies of documents showing the legal termination of all other marriages by you and your spouse"

do i need to put high school diploma in my husband`s I485? We have his University Diploma, plus he is working on H1b now. In i485 instructions (Initial Evidence) says nothing about it. I know i MUST have high shcool diploma as a DV winner, but what about the spouse??

As all you faithful DV 2009 AOS only readers know, I have been waiting on my silly biometrics since 10/7/08, the date they sent my NOA.

On 11/19/08 I opened a service request because more than 30 days had elapsed since the NOA and still no biometric.

Today there was an envelope from USCIS in my mailbox and I was looking forward to telling you all it had arrived but lo and behold- a surprise was in store.

The letter reads as follows:

On 11/19/08 you contacted us re your case. Some of the key info given to us was:

(and here they list my name, my case type, my filing date, the receipt number, the A number (guess I have one now- never knew what it was) and the type of service requested.)

The letter continues:

The status of this service request is:

Correspondence regarding your adjustment of status I485 was sent to the National Benefits Center. The systems show that had biometrics taken at a local ASC within the jurisdiction of your local District office, however the application is awaiting an interview. Your local district office will contact you once they are able to schedule the appointment. Should you not be contacted by your local District Office within 90 days of this notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at the number listed below.

Now the issues are:

1) I have not had my fingerprints taken- or rather, I did once have them taken the first time I entered in the US on my H1B (in 2004) but I sincerely doubt that is what they mean... or is it? could it be that my fingerprints are considered to be already in the system? but if so, how are not everyone else's who has an H1B or a visa like it?

2) if my prints are in the system, why did they cash my check for the biometrics? and why did the customer service rep on 11/19 tell me that I should have received the biometrics by now and that a service request was therefore necessary? Was she not looking at the same "system" as the people who wrote this letter?

I AM SO CONFUSED!!

I have an infopass scheduled for 12/23 but now I fear that they will just confuse me further!

Anyone ever hear of this letter? Anyone else get one (particularly another H1B?)

Could this mean (best case scenario) that H1Bs do not need biometrics if they have been fingerprinted before?

Any suggestion/advice/shoulder to cry on is appreciated!
Lindina,

Guess what, I got the same exact letter stating

"Correspondence regarding your adjustment of status I485 was sent to the National Benefits Center. The systems show that had biometrics taken at a local ASC within the jurisdiction of your local District office, however the application is awaiting an interview. Your local district office will contact you once they are able to schedule the appointment. Should you not be contacted by your local District Office within 90 days of this notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at the number listed below."

And I've never done biometric. Also the last time I entered US was more than 3 years back when I was a student. Hopefully infopass will make these things clear.

Thank you everybody,we've sent everything for my husband(Including the missing NL&marriage cert.) via UPS,the package will be delivered on Monday.Will keep y'all posted on how it goes.

lindina, dvwinner09:

Let me know what you find out from infopass. Its strange that I got a different letter than you guys on my service request for biometrics. It makes it even more confusing.

lindina, dvwinner09:

Let me know what you find out from infopass. Its strange that I got a different letter than you guys on my service request for biometrics. It makes it even more confusing.

will definitely update you guys. You atleast got the interview letter,,,let us know how it goes..and also ask them about your biometric.

lindina, dvwinner09:

will definitely keep you all updated- and thanks for your support!

if anyone else receives a similar letter, or has heard of one like it, please advise!

For those of you following my case or you are curious about the interview process, here is my experience from yesterday:

I arrived at my local office at about 8.40am for my 9am interview. It turned out being early didnt matter because it was not until after 9.30 that I finally got called in. To my suprise the man who greeted me had a thick european accent, he seemed young and my guess is he was fairly new. I stood and took the oath nervously and was told to take a seat. He then took me by suprise by saying "You can breath, this is more or less a formality". He asked me for my drivers lisence and passport, which I gave to him. I was now sitting there a lot more relaxed as he proceeded to open my file, he went through each line on the I-485 form and asked me to confirm what was there. he went over some of biographical data and asked me for proof of payment to the DOS. He then said my visa number was available and there should be no problem in approving me. All in all it took less then 10 minutes. He asked me if i had any questions and I asked him if it were possible for me travel home in the next few days for Christmas. He said this shouldn't be a problem and he could stamp my passport. I got a little excited but found this odd because being the informed applicant that we all are, I knew that I was still yet to do my biometrics. But i played dumb. he asked me to return to the waiting room and give him 10 minutes while he finalized everything....

He came back sometime later and invited me back inside. He sat me down and said exactly what i thought was going to happen "you are missing one thing, you need to get your biometrics completed first." He also said in order to travel I would need advance parole. I explained to him that I applied for AP 2.5 months ago and he was not too suprised that i was yet to recieve it. he apologized and said i would need to wait for an appointment letter. next, i kindly asked him if there was any way he could make a biometric appt. for me and explained i had not been home in 2 years. He said the ASC was closed today and that he would try first thing in the morning to schedule me for an apppointment. He took my cell phone number and said he would contact me. He told me that it takes approximately 24 hours for biometrics to clear and once this happens I could make an infopass appointment and they could stamp my passport. Finally, I asked him if he had a number I could contact him on. To my suprise he gave me his office number, which i thought was a huge bonus. Someone on the inside who I could actually talk to! I thanked him and told him i looked forward to hearing from him. I left with mixed feelings knowing that I was all but aproved for the GC but wasnt sure If I'd be able to travel.

I returned home about an hour later and checked my mail. Sure enough, waiting in the mail was my Advanced Parole. Now I knew i could travel no matter what. Long story short I booked my flight and am leaving today. I still hope to hear back from the officer and explain there is no longer a rush on biometric appointment as I will be away for 3 weeks. Hopefully this isnt an issue.

Im fairly positive that not all immigration officers are as kind as this man was but it was very refreshing after hearing such bad stories. I hope everyone can get someone as reasonable to deal with.

Merry christmas and happy new year!

For those of you following my case or you are curious about the interview process, here is my experience from yesterday:

Awesome Ausmatt7!! :D You are one step closer to that GC! It's good to hear your interview went well. Hopefully by the time you get back they'll be ready to take your biometrics. Merry Christmas to you too and have fun visiting the family.

Congatulations!!!

I had an infopass today regarding fingerprint and interview letter, no update yet, they told me to keep waiting, and they don't know for how long. Its ridiculous and really frustrating.

oh wow COngrats Ausmatt...makes me feel a little less nervous now that the first 2 guys on here had pretty str8 forward interviews... Still waiting on my interview letter though.

for those of you following my case or you are curious about the interview process, here is my experience from yesterday:

I arrived at my local office at about 8.40am for my 9am interview. It turned out being early didnt matter because it was not until after 9.30 that i finally got called in. To my suprise the man who greeted me had a thick european accent, he seemed young and my guess is he was fairly new. I stood and took the oath nervously and was told to take a seat. He then took me by suprise by saying "you can breath, this is more or less a formality". He asked me for my drivers lisence and passport, which i gave to him. I was now sitting there a lot more relaxed as he proceeded to open my file, he went through each line on the i-485 form and asked me to confirm what was there. He went over some of biographical data and asked me for proof of payment to the dos. He then said my visa number was available and there should be no problem in approving me. All in all it took less then 10 minutes. He asked me if i had any questions and i asked him if it were possible for me travel home in the next few days for christmas. He said this shouldn't be a problem and he could stamp my passport. I got a little excited but found this odd because being the informed applicant that we all are, i knew that i was still yet to do my biometrics. But i played dumb. He asked me to return to the waiting room and give him 10 minutes while he finalized everything....

He came back sometime later and invited me back inside. He sat me down and said exactly what i thought was going to happen "you are missing one thing, you need to get your biometrics completed first." he also said in order to travel i would need advance parole. I explained to him that i applied for ap 2.5 months ago and he was not too suprised that i was yet to recieve it. He apologized and said i would need to wait for an appointment letter. Next, i kindly asked him if there was any way he could make a biometric appt. For me and explained i had not been home in 2 years. He said the asc was closed today and that he would try first thing in the morning to schedule me for an apppointment. He took my cell phone number and said he would contact me. He told me that it takes approximately 24 hours for biometrics to clear and once this happens i could make an infopass appointment and they could stamp my passport. Finally, i asked him if he had a number i could contact him on. To my suprise he gave me his office number, which i thought was a huge bonus. Someone on the inside who i could actually talk to! I thanked him and told him i looked forward to hearing from him. I left with mixed feelings knowing that i was all but aproved for the gc but wasnt sure if i'd be able to travel.

I returned home about an hour later and checked my mail. Sure enough, waiting in the mail was my advanced parole. Now i knew i could travel no matter what. Long story short i booked my flight and am leaving today. I still hope to hear back from the officer and explain there is no longer a rush on biometric appointment as i will be away for 3 weeks. Hopefully this isnt an issue.

Im fairly positive that not all immigration officers are as kind as this man was but it was very refreshing after hearing such bad stories. I hope everyone can get someone as reasonable to deal with.

congratulations !!!!! And have fun at home with your loved ones !!!!

Hi

Still waiting for NoA
I have questions

1.I didn't send DV lottery notice letter with my I-485, but I sent Barcode Sheet.Is that problem?
2.I didn't apply for EAD.Do I have to?I have work permit until 2013
Thanks

Happy Holiday to all.

05/08/08---NL Received...current in December
05/14/08---Sent forms back(only DSP 122)
07/14/08---Received 2nd response letter for AOS
10/09/08---Sent the fee to DOS
10/18/08---Received receipt from DOS
11/07/08---Medicals done
12/01/08---AOS package delivered to Lockbox

Last edited by a moderator: