• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

DV-2009 winners, who want to do AOS. I have these advises for you.
1- Please make a copy of this memo
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/AffSuppAFM062706.pdf
and take with you to the interview and show that to your interviewer if they ask for I-864. Make sure there is no update to this memo. You can find it on USCIS web site if there is any update.
2- Ask your sponsor to make two original forms of I-134 for you and keep one with yourself. Or, make a certified true copy (notary officer can do that for you) of your original I-134 and take that with you to your interview. Because in my case USCIS lost my original I-134 and I had a copy of that during interview. They did not accept the copy. But certified true copy is valid as original.

Good luck every body

This is getting confusing. The memo badluck2 referred actually says that the diversity immigrants are exempt from the sponsor requirement, i.e they don't need I-834

Any comments on that?

No, I am on the EPO plan. The clinic I went to was outside the network.
That (lack of referral) may be the reason for denial. I was told at the surgeon's office that there is a small probability of denial, so I'll let you all know whether I receive any bills or not within the next 6 weeks. What I know for sure is one should not call insurance company and ask any questions. Questions always provoke answers :)

Hi Guys,

What about the cover letter, check list for 485 application...how it should be arranged?
Please share some ideas.

Thanks

What gives?

Did KCC quit sending 2nd NL's to AOS folks or what?! I sent in my 122 and 230 back in July and I will be current in November but I am yet to hear anything from KCC. Not that it's a big deal...just makes me wonder.....What gives? :confused:

Just made an appointment for medical today. Both doctors said they won't send bill to the insurance company in case of examination for immigration purpose. I need to pay them. If I want to claim (which I'm not sure I can), I need to file by myself. I asked how much does it cost approximately. The nurse said it depends on whether I need vaccination. However, I had a record with me. I had MMR and Tdap, all within 10 years. I checked with the chart a while ago. I don't think I need more vaccination, right? As far as I remember, just blood and tb tests. Hopefully, they don't charge much or I can claim it back.

Just made an appointment for medical today. Both doctors said they won't send bill to the insurance company in case of examination for immigration purpose. I need to pay them. If I want to claim (which I'm not sure I can), I need to file by myself. I asked how much does it cost approximately. The nurse said it depends on whether I need vaccination. However, I had a record with me. I had MMR and Tdap, all within 10 years. I checked with the chart a while ago. I don't think I need more vaccination, right? As far as I remember, just blood and tb tests. Hopefully, they don't charge much or I can claim it back.

I doubt your insurance will cover the cost. I paid the bill and filed the claim myself. Claim was rejected due to out-of-network AND the vaccine was requested due to immigration purpose, not for travelling...

Did KCC quit sending 2nd NL's to AOS folks or what?! I sent in my 122 and 230 back in July and I will be current in November but I am yet to hear anything from KCC. Not that it's a big deal...just makes me wonder.....What gives? :confused:

I sent my 122 and 230 to KCC in June and have had no 2nl NL since. About two weeks ago I sent them an email asking whether they received my forms and whether they were aware of my intention to pursue with AOS and they responded that 2nd NL had been resent to me (resent?) on Sep 4. Indeed, on Sep 10 I found it in my mailbox. So, I guess you can send KCC an email about your 2nd NL, too.

Has anyone paid DOS fee using a personal check instead of cashier's check or money order, I wonder. Please share.

I sent my 122 and 230 to KCC in June and have had no 2nl NL since. About two weeks ago I sent them an email asking whether they received my forms and whether they were aware of my intention to pursue with AOS and they responded that 2nd NL had been resent to me (resent?) on Sep 4. Indeed, on Sep 10 I found it in my mailbox. So, I guess you can send KCC an email about your 2nd NL, too.

aha! Thanks for the info smekalka! I think i'll give it till the end of the month the email them. I was starting to think someone was asleep at the switch :)

Has anyone paid DOS fee using a personal check instead of cashier's check or money order, I wonder. Please share.

I thought about sending a personal check but then I decided not. Why take chances when KCC instructed otherwise. So I sent a cashier's check last week. Now all I have to do is wait for the reciept. :cool:

DV AOS I 485 Filing tips and lot more !!

Hi Guys,

What about the cover letter, check list for 485 application...how it should be arranged?
Please share some ideas.

Thanks

Chk the attached document for some comprehensive instructions by a past winner....BarbaraLamb. Make sure you send her a thank you note.

original post found at http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=229911 (you will have to go down a bit, to the end of that thread)

Also the www links in the attached document may not work, visit the original posting above to get to those web sites/documents etc.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid mine last year with personal check (overlooked the fact it said cashiers) and it was no problem at all. That said, you should do exactly as it says to be on the safe side.

This tip may be helpful: when I sent the DSP-122 to KCC at the beginning of September, I also attached a very simple cover letter letting them know of my intention of doing AOS and asking them (in a very polite manner) to please send me a writen notification of the reception of the DSP-122. Today I received the second letter where they "thanked" me for informing them of my intention ot apply for AOS. So for those who have not sent the DSP-122 to KCC yet, attaching a cover letter may not be a bad idea, even though it is not required.

Another thing: the letter they sent me says in bold: "Please be advised that the Department of State Diversity Visa fee must be paid in full before case can be transferred to the USCIS In other words, delaying your visa fee payment may delay your visa process, so pay it a.s.a.p.

Do I have to include my kids born in US in 485 form, section 3.B?
Also, what is the differnece between affidavit support 134 and 864?

This tip may be helpful: when I sent the DSP-122 to KCC at the beginning of September, I also attached a very simple cover letter letting them know of my intention of doing AOS and asking them (in a very polite manner) to please send me a writen notification of the reception of the DSP-122. Today I received the second letter where they "thanked" me for informing them of my intention ot apply for AOS. So for those who have not sent the DSP-122 to KCC yet, attaching a cover letter may not be a bad idea, even though it is not required.

Another thing: the letter they sent me says in bold: "Please be advised that the Department of State Diversity Visa fee must be paid in full before case can be transferred to the USCIS In other words, delaying your visa fee payment may delay your visa process, so pay it a.s.a.p.

I think the letter they send is standard, just changing the name and case number at the bottom.
There is no thing to do with a cover letter.
But in AOS, cover letter is a good Idea.

DOS receipt stamped

I received yesterday from the DOS the stamped info sheet corresponding to the Diversity Lottery fee. The stamp is so deam simple and it looks cheap,it only says: "Paid mm/dd/yyyy" in black ink, I thought they were going to "actually send a receipt" ....anyways, it just surprised me the poor quality of their stamp...