• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

If you sent the payment to correct address, you do not care. Why should the payment be seen on KCC's computer system? Ignore the system. Get the original of the cashed check, and bring it to the AOS interview. That is the only thing you care.
If your bank does not give you the originals, that is too bad. Order a certified copy (signed by the bank) then.

If you sent the payment to correct address, you do not care. Why should the payment be seen on KCC's computer system? Ignore the system. Get the original of the cashed check, and bring it to the AOS interview. That is the only thing you care.
If your bank does not give you the originals, that is too bad. Order a certified copy (signed by the bank) then.

But before the interview I have to pay the fees for AOS, which is $1010/person, am I right?
or you mean that I can deduct the paid amount from those fees.

But before the interview I have to pay the fees for AOS, which is $1010/person, am I right?
If the person is between 14 and 79 years old, then the amount is correct.

or you mean that I can deduct the paid amount from those fees.
No. What you pay to DOS is a separate DV surcharge, on top of regular AOS fees. That amount goes to finance DV lottery program. You will not get it back. You need to show at the AOS interview it was paid.

This is the kind of dangerous incorrect advice that gets people hurt. If KCC does not know you paid, they will not release your DV file to the USCIS. USCIS can't/won't approve your case without the file. (DOS does not trust USCIS to make sure the DOS gets paid.)

I would get the cancelled check and have it in front of you when you call KCC again. It has been known to happen that DOS deposits the check and doesn't properly credit it. The people on the phone know how to deal with that.

If KCC does not know you paid, they will not release your DV file to the USCIS
This is not true (as frequently happens with this source of information).
KCC does not check this at all. What is happening at KCC is shown here. http://www.aila.org/content/fileviewer.aspx?docid=23986&linkid=173528
Pages 12-13. Check for the payment is not done.

When you send the payment, you also enclose a self-addressed envelope, that contains a receipt for the payment when it reaches you back. You are supposed to bring this receipt to AOS interview.

Instructions http://www.ulitka.com/files/usa-immigration/dv2009.first.package/instructions.for.dv2009.winners.pdf clearly state that first USCIS accepts your case, and only then the payment is required. So, it is the proof KCC doesnot use the payment information before releasing the case to USCIS.

Moreover, the instructions state, that not paying before the interview at UCSIS or loosing the receipt may delay the processing. There are no words at all about freezing it at certain stage BEFORE the interview. The interview will be granted anyway, and at the interview you need the proof of payment. That is it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Misdemeanor :

I am dv 2009 winner and worried about the following:
Will misdemeanor has any negative impact on AOS process? It was a DWI with a light sentence, license suspended for 6 months.
And I do regret for this stupid mistake.

Thanks a lot for any feedback.

Hi guys,

This is a great forum. I had no idea about what to do after receiving the NL but after a couple of hours reading posts, I feel less intimidated by the process. There is, however, a long road ahead of us.

I would appreciate if you guys could provide me some advice.

I am currently on H1B and I am planning to do AOS. Additionally, my employer is supposed to start the GC process in July/August 2008.

Would it be a good idea to start the GC processing through my employer? I guess it is possible to have both processes running in parallel (DV and Employer) but at some point one will have to be canceled.

Thank you

On what stage is your EBGC process? What is your rank number in DV process?

Thank you raevsky for the quick reply.

DV case number SA08XX. Based on the data from previous years (04-08), my case number is supposed to become current between December, at the earliest, and April, at the latest.

Regarding the EBGC, nothing has been done.

Thanks.

I would suggest avoiding two AOS processes simultaneously. Do one CP and one AOS in parallel instead. Choose whichever you prefer AOS.

Like others here I am trying to determine whether I will need an affadavit of support?

Assets: $3,000 in savings
2007 TR: $33,000 AGI (working OPT)

During 2008/2009 I will be working in a GA position paying $10,000 p/y stipend. I will be finishing my MBA and it is conceivable that I will get a good job upon graduation (after I get my green card).

Is this information alone sufficient?? If not what will I need?

I have no dependents.

Anyone know? Im assuming the oracle Ravesky does..lol

How long after getting GC do you graduate? The money do not seem enough, but I do not know anybody who was denied DV based AOS because of public ccharge requirement.

I would try to get I-134 from somebody.

This is not true (as frequently happens with this source of information).
KCC does not check this at all. What is happening at KCC is shown here. http://www.aila.org/content/fileviewer.aspx?docid=23986&linkid=173528
Pages 12-13. Check for the payment is not done.

This is an interesting PDF but you have read it incorrectly. The KCC procedures listed there are for consular processing. They do check for the money, and they don't do a number of other things that are listed here. In CP the DV program fee is paid at the consulate so there is no reason for KCC to check for it.

ravesky, you need to do your homework before you post this stuff going forward -- it's getting a bit tiresome to have to cover for you --

See here

Also see here

People come to these forums to find out how these agencies actually work -- not about your fanciful interpretations of things you found on the Internet.

When you send the payment, you also enclose a self-addressed envelope, that contains a receipt for the payment when it reaches you back. You are supposed to bring this receipt to AOS interview.

Instructions http://www.ulitka.com/files/usa-immigration/dv2009.first.package/instructions.for.dv2009.winners.pdf clearly state that first USCIS accepts your case, and only then the payment is required. So, it is the proof KCC doesnot use the payment information before releasing the case to USCIS.

It generally takes USCIS quite a while to get around to pulling the file. For us it took about six weeks.

Moreover, the instructions state, that not paying before the interview at UCSIS or loosing the receipt may delay the processing. There are no words at all about freezing it at certain stage BEFORE the interview. The interview will be granted anyway, and at the interview you need the proof of payment. That is it.

Are you really expecting the procedure to be fully and carefully explained??? KCC sitting on your file and demanding you pay before proceeding sounds exactly like a "delay in processing."

Yes, it is a redundant process. KCC checks to see if you paid, and so does USCIS (if they remember, which they often don't). It is, after all, a government operation.

For the folks that will self sponsor themselves: has anyone requested tax transcripts from the IRS yet?

I-485 form

In I-486 form Part III, question #2 says that "Have you received public assistance in the United States from any source, including the United States government or anystate, county, city or municipality (other than emergency medical treatment), or are you likely to receive public assistance inthe future?"

Do I have to ansewr "YES" if I recieved an assisstance in paying some bills from social services or it is only specific to some services?

ALU4E,
I think that would be a "YES" especially if the assistance was income based. e.g. most states, counties and cities offer income-based housing, medical, or energy (elec/gas) assistance. Although they usually do not discriminate based on nationality if you knowingly enroll into such programs then you are receiving public assistance.

Interesting question though. Which then prompts another thought; Do educational college scholarships from a county or state considered public assistance? hmmmmm........