• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Hi all PLEASE HELP. Especially people in TEXAS

* I submitted AOS papers and received NOA on DECEMBER 12th.
* I did my biometrics in January
* received EAD on Februaby 22

I however still have NO WORD on Interview letter.
I tried calling but they give me same outdated answers as online.

Does anyone processing from Austin or San Antonio know anything about their actual timelines or a number to call to get real updates not the USCIS general number.

I am starting to be worried

Hi all PLEASE HELP. Especially people in TEXAS

* I submitted AOS papers and received NOA on DECEMBER 12th.
* I did my biometrics in January
* received EAD on Februaby 22

I however still have NO WORD on Interview letter.
I tried calling but they give me same outdated answers as online.

Does anyone processing from Austin or San Antonio know anything about their actual timelines or a number to call to get real updates not the USCIS general number.

I am starting to be worried

I'm still waiting for an interview notice for San Francisco. Filed in November. Have an Infopass on Friday next week to inquire. Like you I found that the online status and call center did not have useful information. I have also faxed the station chief but no reply.

Requesting expedite processing?

I was going through some of the posts at Diversity Visa 2009 Tracker at trackitt.com and one of the members there said that he called USCIS and requested them to "expedite processing" of his case.

This is what he wrote:

For the expedite processing, I called 1-800-375-5283. After this you have to press "1", "2" and then "3" to get to talk to a USCIS person. You tell them that you need "Expedite processing" under Diversity Visa. Eventually, you have to explain that you require this since the number of visas are limited and you want to make sure you will have the interview before September 2009. Then, they will ask you the receipt number and the Alien number or A# (they are on the receipt notice), adn few more other things, like address, phone number, email, etc. After this they said that you should get a reply from them within 5 days, or maybe more. That's it.

Have any of you guys hear this before? Have any of you tried this? I have checked the DV-2008 AOS treat as well as this treat and I have not been able to find any references to expedite processing. In theory, USCIS should expedite all DV AOS requests due to the Sep., 30th deadline, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going through some of the posts at Diversity Visa 2009 Tracker at trackitt.com and one of the members there said that he called USCIS and requested them to "expedite processing" of his case.

This is what he wrote:

Have any of you guys hear this before? Have any of you tried this? I have checked the DV-2008 AOS treat as well as this treat and I have not been able to find any references to expedite processing. In theory, USCIS should expedite all DV AOS requests due to the Sep., 30th deadline, right?

I have tried this with the call center a couple of times. Each time I have clearly explained that it is a Diversity Visa application and the time sensitive nature of the processing. They have gone off to ask a supervisor, and come back to say there is no ability to expedite for this reason and that I should either continue to wait, or schedule an Infopass.

I have tried this with the call center a couple of times. Each time I have clearly explained that it is a Diversity Visa application and the time sensitive nature of the processing. They have gone off to ask a supervisor, and come back to say there is no ability to expedite for this reason and that I should either continue to wait, or schedule an Infopass.

Thank you for the reply kngzen.

It sounded too good to be truth, especially for an agency as bureaucratic as USCIS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
Right now I am planning to do CP in Europe in May but due to a complication with my J1 waiver which will probably not be ready by then I might need to do AOS. Does anyone have the experience with the

USCIS Baltimore (Maryland) Office? Are they fast?

Great to see a forum like this. Hope one gets established each year as it is extremely helpful to people looking for guidance.

I'm still waiting for an interview notice for San Francisco. Filed in November. Have an Infopass on Friday next week to inquire. Like you I found that the online status and call center did not have useful information. I have also faxed the station chief but no reply.

thanks a lot kngzen.
Anyone else in the same siutuation from Texas?

Hi All,
Right now I am planning to do CP in Europe in May but due to a complication with my J1 waiver which will probably not be ready by then I might need to do AOS. Does anyone have the experience with the

USCIS Baltimore (Maryland) Office? Are they fast?

Hello ivanmladek,

I am planning to do AOS and my local office is Baltimore. Last year, maconcita did AOS in Baltimore. You can read about her experience in the DV-2008 AOS thread (http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1947787&postcount=1756). If I remember it correctly, she got her GC in 3-4 months.

I am also current in May. AOS is my choice. I hope everything goes alright.

Does anybody know the details of the sponsor requirements and, in particular, who qualifies as such? Does he/she have to be a US citizen or GC holder? I have a friend, potential sponsor, who's got a permanent residency through marriage. He is still in the first 2 year temporary GC status. Does he qualify? Also, could the sponsor be someone who is from my home country and is not in the US?

Thanks a lot.

Hi i`m from San Francisco ,too.My number was current on October and i did my biometrics on November 7th.I received my EAD on December but i haven`t received my interview letter since then.I wonder if the San Francisco office is too slow or there is something wrong with my application. Does anybody know is there anything i can do about that?

Good luck to everyone!

Hi i`m from San Francisco ,too.My number was current on October and i did my biometrics on November 7th.I received my EAD on December but i haven`t received my interview letter since then.I wonder if the San Francisco office is too slow or there is something wrong with my application. Does anybody know is there anything i can do about that?

Good luck to everyone!

I would definitely schedule an infopass. November to March is a long time to be waiting for an interview letter- no matter how slow your local office is!

I have my interview this monday, preparing all the papers right now, I'll post my inteview experience here as soon as I can. Interview in Houston office. Whish me luck !!!!:confused::):confused:

So, I understand that the sponsor needs to be an US citizen or a GC holder. I'm not sure if my friend could be considered in the second classification. He's married to an US citizen, but he is still in the first two years of the process. That probably means, he has some kind of a permanent residency, but he doesn't have the GC yet. Does anybody know the details of the marriage-based AOS procedures?

The I-134 form says: 1. d. "... lawfully admitted permanent resident of the United States...." Does he qualify?

Thanks.

The I-134 form says: 1. d. "... lawfully admitted permanent resident of the United States...." Does he qualify?
Thanks.

does he have Green Card already? if - yes, that's all matters, whatewher it was based on. But if he is on the visa and his i485 family based is pending, he doesn't qualify.