• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Hi everybody,
I am 2009 DV winner, currently in US and is opting for AOS. I am collecting documents for AOS. I heard I need affidavit of support. I am confused in following matters:
1. Which Form should I use? I-864 or the I-134?
2. Can I get affidavit of support from my husband who is under H1-B visa since last six months?
3. Can I show my money in my bank account in my home country for this?
4. How much money is needed for a family of 3 for support ?
5. where to send the form I-485 Chicago lockbox or local CIS?

Thanks
soms

Hey Guys...I just wanted to say a Big Thank U to all of you who share/d your GC experiences with us on this board. I do not post a lot but I always try to catch up on how events are unfolding and I must say, based on how U guy's processes went, I was able to gauge If I was on the right track {more on that later}.

Anyway, so today at 8am, I was @ USCIS and the interview was pretty straight forward. The IO swore me in and asked me all the "Have U ever done bla bla bla" questions...then he confirmed my address and birthday. He asked if I was still in status and I showed him my OPT card to prove it. He asked about my current employer and I gave hime my pay stubs and a letter of employemnt from HR. Oh and then he asked for the DHS fee receipt and that was basically it. He then took out my I-94 and put the I-1511 stamp on my passport and said that my application has been approved and the I will get my card between now and April.

He was a pretty nice guy and I spent some time asking him questions about the Green Card. Not a bad way to start your day huh...

Anyway...as to the timeline of my process...I just wanna say to the guys who feel like their stuff isnt coming in fast enough...relax. My experience made me realize that not all cases are handled at the same speed...I was an October filer and my biometrics notice and appointment, Nov 13, came around the same time that other October filers on here got theirs. But then...my interview notice did not come until mid Feb, by which time most of the October, Nov and even some December filers had already finished the entire process....So basically what I'm trying to say is...if you feel like you're running out of time because no correspondence is coming your way every 3 weeks, Relax & be patient.

Thanks guys and Goodluck to everybody still in the proces

Hi everybody,
I am 2009 DV winner, currently in US and is opting for AOS. I am collecting documents for AOS. .......soms

Reading and searching thru this forum would give answers to almost all your Q s. You need to send it to Chicago as clearly stated in i-485 instructions. You 'may' fill up an i-134 but if your hubby can show his job income..... that's enough. needs to be atleast 25% MORE than the limits you find here http://aspe.hhs.gov/POVERTY/09poverty.shtml.
Although you as the winner is the primary applicant, as a family unit, your hubby's assets and income are as good as yours ! Hence make sure you got your original , english 'marriage cert' to prove it. Assets in US in $$ are always good, I would worry about showing forign assets only if the income/US bank balances are below the poverty level. Again read thru the forum, you will get much info.

Good Luck !

Last edited by a moderator:
!

Thanx NataliaS and Lindina254...

Just curious, my package was received by "J.CLYBA"...Anyone else who had their package received by him?

I have sent AOS last Thursday.Thay recieved the package on Friday. The guy who signed is"J.CHYBO".
Don't you think they should be the same?!!!,...:confused:

Anyway, my case#(11xxx) came up for March,... keep in touch to track eachother for the process.

good luck,

I had an infopass today, after a call that I made two weeks ago to USCIS, they told me to go to my local office if I need more info about the interview.

The infopass was totally disapointing.
The guy was very nice but does not have so much experience with AOS based on DV lottery.
He said, my case will take from 9 months to 1 year processing.
I mentioned to him the dead time of Sep30. he said, it deos not matter, he even asked another employee, next to him who confirmed his statement and I should not worry too much.
So I didn't know what to say to him.
But in such situations, it is better to leave, and that's what I did, because talking to such people will not do any good.

Hi can you tell me the exact response you got after opening a service request over the phone?

I got the following response for my service request from my local office.

"Please schedule yourself an infopass appointment at www.uscis.gov so we can talk about your case in person"

Hello Guys

First of all, thank you to everybody that has shared their experiences on this board.

It took a while for my number to become current and I have not posted in a while, but I have been trying to stay up-to-date with what has been going on. Congratulations to all of you that have received the GC. I hope my process goes a smoothly as most of your processes.

I have a question for those who have already submitted the AOS forms, have you guys written your DV case numbers anywhere on the forms (e.g. upper right corner?)

Thank you,

Tax benifits for DV winners who got NEW valid SS # s

Hello all,

I posted a seperate thread here
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=294092

under the heading

'Tax benifits for DV winners who got NEW valid SS # s'

It may be helpful tip to some of you to get some extra money from 'Uncle Sam' for the troubles you had to go thru doing AoS !!

Chk it out and post your replies/concerns/comments on that thread.

Dfdo/

I have a question for those who have already submitted the AOS forms, have you guys written your DV case numbers anywhere on the forms (e.g. upper right corner?)

Jarev,
I honestly do not believe it makes a difference whether or not you write your case #. And, I do not believe it matters where you write it.
After looking at professionally prepared immigration petitions (by experience lawyers), I noticed a lot of interesting techniques, but this was not one of them.

That said, I did write my number on the TOP LEFT side of each form and each copy of supporting documents.

^^ my opinion :)

Hello all:

I've been reading all the posts but just haven't posted anything yet.
One thing that I want to address is that the Affidavit of Support I -131 (don't remember exactly) is not required for DV winner; however, they do ask for it sometimes.
This is just my personal opinion. I think they mix up all the AOS application, but for DV winner, we are not required to show that since we were "selected by the US government" not thru anything.

Anyway, good luck to everyone on everything

I have sent AOS last Thursday.Thay recieved the package on Friday. The guy who signed is"J.CHYBO".
Don't you think they should be the same?!!!,...:confused:

Anyway, my case#(11xxx) came up for March,... keep in touch to track eachother for the process.

good luck,

Sure,I'll definitely keep in touch ...finally found someone who filed in March....:)

Hi,

I have sent my package on March 2, and they received on March 3. I dont know who signed it. However I would like to thank you all guys, cause I did learn lots of thinks in this forum. I will let you now, if I receive anything from USCIS.

Thanks again
and good luck everyone.

I just receive my green card today
everything went so smooth, i felt like it's a dream still~~
It only took them 10days to issue me GC , I guess WA office is quite efficient

I just receive my green card today
everything went so smooth, i felt like it's a dream still~~
It only took them 10days to issue me GC , I guess WA office is quite efficient
May 2008: Fist Notification letter

December 2008: Package sent to Chicago office (with medical record)
December 12, 2008: NOA for finger print.
January 07, 2009: Finger print done
Jan 30 2009: EAD order (Only mine)
Feb 07, 2009: EAD received
Feb 15,2009:I-131 received for all
End of Feb, 2009:Received all EAD
March 07, 2009: Received Interview letter and scheduled on april 02, 2009
Interview: ???????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all ,

I checked the visa bulletin today and found out that my number becomes current in May ...iam so excited,but scared at the same time since the whole process is so time sensitive:eek:

Do you guys think I have ample time to get through this?

Iam trying to gather all my documents and trying to collect the app fee.

Iam currently on an F1- with all the documents that are on the checklist ,I will gather but please do let me know additional docs that I need to submit as I dont want them to return my application requesting more documents...

Thanks,

and congrats to those who have successfully completed the process:)

Hi all ,

I checked the visa bulletin today and found out that my number becomes current in May ...iam so excited,but scared at the same time since the whole process is so time sensitive:eek:

Iam currently on an F1- with all the documents that are on the checklist ,I will gather but please do let me know additional docs that I need to submit as I dont want them to return my application requesting more documents...

Thanks,

Hi Heartbeat,
I am also on F1 and also become current in May. I am NOT risking it and going through consular processing via KCC, who just confirmed an interview in Prague for mid-May. It takes some people 4 months just to get an interview which in our case would be May-June-July-August and then it takes a month at least to print the GC. Be careful and think about consular processing.

Hi all ,

Thanks,

I think you will be fine. Last year my number wasn't current till June and we had biometric in July and no interview till August and we still made it.

HI,
thanks for your response,The reason I opted to AOS, is beacuse I cant afford to go back to my country and go through consualr processing ....financial issues....well I was wondering why your app was returned,..I mean your number becomes current in May and you applied early ??...If I could I would do CP, but situations are such, ...I guess iam just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best :confused:
Hi Heartbeat,
I am also on F1 and also become current in May. I am NOT risking it and going through consular processing via KCC, who just confirmed an interview in Prague for mid-May. It takes some people 4 months just to get an interview which in our case would be May-June-July-August and then it takes a month at least to print the GC. Be careful and think about consular processing.