• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

You should be fine. The hospital you go to will definitely treat you. It will eventually be paid for by medicaid. Medicare insurance are reserved for seniors and people with disabilities. Upon entry at the POE, you will be given all the rights of a greencard holder by virtue of the stamp in your passport while you wait for the card.

The issue I see is that you may not be allowed to board the plane since you are in your final weeks of pregnancy. The chances that you may have your baby while in flight is high and thus you may be ask to wait until you had your baby. I will advise you to check into this more than worrying about healthcare insurance

Thank you so much for your input all. I truly appreciate the candour with which issues are debated and analysed on this forum. You're right medipharm. I should be more concerned with the airline's restrictions but they assured me they would once I get my doctor's certification.
Johnkent, hanks a lot for your view point too but I want to make it clear why I'm asking these questions. I have a very ggod job in Nigeria from which I don't plan to resign immediately. The idea is to use the advantage of maternity leave of 2 months to travel and get the green card before I return and make final plans. If I have the baby here in Nigeria, then I can't travel immediately until the baby is strong enough, by which time my maternity leave will be almost over. That's just the point. So I'm trying to explore possible options of reducing the maternity bill which I heard could be as much as 10-12,000dollars for the un-insured. Where I wan see that kain money to throwway??? I'm also looking through the internet for other options like maternity card (under the firm called maternity advantage). If those of you already there have any other possible means (not to run away from bills but to reduce it significantly), pls let me know.

GOD BLESS U ALL...REAL GOOD

November cut-off

Navigator,
i must join in to glorify the Lord for his mercies in the HOUSE....dis testimonies shall continue to manifest.....Congrats once again.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOWthe specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 12,500 Egypt 5,900
Ethiopia 6,300
Nigeria 6,000

ASIA 5,300
EUROPE 11,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 325
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 550

The link is as below:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4357.html

my story

my exeperince was such a bad one,but thank God we made it thru.
all glory to God.

Last edited by a moderator:
is not just an experience but a story.
well,i played the lottery while single but was married by the time i got the winning NL.After consultation with the good ppl of this forum,i went on to do the registry and white wedding and sent a copy of my marriage certifIcate along side updated forms Ds 230 to KCC on respect of my hubby and myself.Kcc replied they will include the info in my case file.Suprsingly,I got my 2nd Nl and my hubby was not included.However,Iwas advised to go along with my guy.
our appointment was for the 5th of aug.We got to the embassy as scheduled.at 6.30,we queued up and started entering the embassy.At the entrance,the woman asked why i didnt notify them of my marriage,i told her i did and showed her copies of the mail i sent to Kcc and the replies. we were given dv 20 and allowed to enter.
Inside,we made our payments and submitted our documents and entered the interview arena.
At exactly 8.20,the interviews began and it seemed as if everybody was being disqualified for one reason or the other.all the young couples(married after winning the dv were disqualifed except for one).There was this white consular that was just bent on disqualifing all the young couples.By this time,i was becoming very nervous but my hubby told me not to worry.At a point,i started praying to God that the very consular will not interview me but it seemed God was not ready answer that prayer.at exactly 1pm,the same consular called my no,dv 20.We walked up to him.We took the oaths the our finger prints.He asked my hubby to go and sit down while he chats with me and the interview began ;
so u are the one that originally won the dv

yes

what is ur maiden name?

xxxxxxxxx

ur married name:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

when were u born?

xxxxxxxxxxx

where?

ans

when did u finish ur first degree?

Ans

From which sch?

Ans

Did u do Nysc?

Yes i did

Where did u serve?

Ans

What was ur job function during Nysc?

Teaching

What did u teach?

Chemistry

where were u living then?

Ans

When did u get married?

Nov 2007

When did u meet him?

april 2004

How?

He cane to my sch to visit his youngher sister who was in my dept

When did he propose to u?

sept 2006?

why did it take so long b4 u got married after the proposal?

Cos he was waiting for me to finish my Nysc

Do u have pics?

yes we do
I gave 2 albums full of pics taken on different occasions.
The consular asked me to go and sit while he chats with my hubby.the interview followed as below

When did u meet ur wife?

Where?

her university campus

How did u meet her?

i went to visit my sister who was in her sch

When did u propose to her?

When did u get married?

How many brothers does she have?

who is the older?she or the brothers?

One is her elder and the other her younger

What does the elder brother do?

Ans

where does her Mum live?

Ans

is her own building or rented?

ans

How much is her house rent?

ans

What abt her dad?

He is deceased.

At this point the consular asked me to come.i thought we have qualified but to my surprise he gave me a blue letter stating the we are guilty of incomplete documentation and that our case is going for administrative processing.He also took the original of my marriage certificate for verification and said they will get back to us after the AP is completed.

We went home and continued our lives.i made up my mind that whatever it comes to i will take it cos i married my best friend who i know is the best for me and if that disqualifies me then there is no problem.

10 days later,i got a call from the embassy to come with my hubby with every proof of our relationship.i packed all things and we went for the 2nd interview at the fraud process unit of the embassy.upon arrival,we discovered our names were not on the list.the lady told us we have missed our appointment.my hubby and i insisted we were called to come to the embassy that day but she will not listen.after a while,we were direcd to the main entrance and saw our names on the list of pple to be given access into the administrative part of the emabssy for that day.

My husband and i were interviewed separately.i i was taken upstairs 1st and interview b4 my hubby.

When did u meet ur hubby

ans

How

i gave a very detailed description of meeting my hubby back in april 2004.

How were u seeing each other then?

he comes to my house outside the university campus.

Where was that?

ikwuano

Where was he living?

Umuahia

So how was he coming seeing u live in ikwuano and him umuahia.Does he come with his car or public trans

he uses Public trans

Does he jhave a car then?

no

Dos he have a car now?

yes

When did he buy it?

what model of car?

I cant remenber

What do u mean?is it not the same car that u two use together?Is isi rolls,mercedes jeep etc

no

what model then,isnt it the same car u two use together?
i cant say.the cars my hubby has are not for our personal use but they are mostly for biz.but i can describe the cars very well.

what is the colour?
white

so who drives it?

He has a driver

What is his name?

xyz

and he is still driving it?

No

why?

cos he was not giving proper acct of the biz to my hubby

So ur hubby laid him off

yes

when was that?

dec 2007

What does ur hubby do?

He is a civil servant

where does he work?

national population commission

What is his work ther?

his office is responsible fopr the registrtatin and issuance of birth certificate.

so how did u get to know u won the lottery?

My brother called to inform me.

where were u then?

I was in ibadan

Doing what?

i went for a job interview

wher u married then?

i have done traditional marriage

So how did ur hubby get to know?

I called him and informed him

How did u and ur hubby spend the weekend?

We did not spend any weekend cos we traveled down from abis to lag over the weekend for this appointment

where did u stay?

In ibadan

with who?

My aunty

whats her name

xxxxxxxxx

where are going to stay in the US

with mr and mrs xxxxxxx

who are they?

they are friends to my sister

so ur hubby does not have anybody

no

how did u raise money for the visa processing?

we contributed equally .

AT THIS POINT SHE WENT DOWN AND AFTER SOME TIME CAME BACK WITH MY HUBBY.

i was asked to go out while they interviewed him.they repeated all these questions with him and thank God he answered accordingly.
in addition he was asked the following

did u have sex with her b4 marriage?

No

why?

we decided to wait till after we are married

was she a virgin when u married her

yes

so u are her 1st

yes

which church do u attend?

christ embassy

What abt b4 now?

i attended Presbyterian b4

why did u change?

my wife influenced me

was it after the white wedding that u have ur sex for the 1st time

no.We couldnt wait for that.it was after the traditional

u have been married for close to a year now.why is she not yet pregnant?

Bcos it has not come.We are waiting for and expecting it.

WHILE SHE WAS STILL BUSY WITH MY HUBBY INSIDE,ONE THE PANEL CAME OUT TO ME

madam ,pleas face me.I turned round and faced him.

Christ embassy

What abt ur friend inside?

My husband ,i corrected him.

ok what abt ur husband?

We go to the same church

which one was he attending b4 ur marriage

Presbyterian church

so u influenced him?

yes

what was the relationship btw u like b4 marraige

I dont understand/Do u mean if we were sleeping together?

exactly

I said no

why?
we decided to wait
so when did u start?

after our traditonal amrraige

was that ur 1st time

yes

is he aware?

yes he knows.He is the one

but u dont sleep together again now?

we are married and still have marital relationship.

he got up and went back inside

just at that time another person came asked me so many more questions abt church and all tha which i answered.at the and she told us it is time tyo go.i thought we were disqualified but while we were in the lift she told u swe qualified and will be called soon for the visa.i got another call from the embassy to come with our passports.i got there and they was asked why i will like to migrate to us.i told said it is boc of the opprtunities it offers me.she took our passports and gave me my marriage certficate and the pick up slip.

I picked up the visas on wednesday 10 th of this sept.

OUR GOD IS INDEED FAITHFUL.

i want say thank u to every body in this forum that spent time providing valuable information to us.u all made it happen.thank u so much.

girl, u are one of the luckiest people that i have seen on earth. man, i didn't know they had a fraud unit at the embassy. wat a shame.
I bet they only have such a unit in Nigeria.

police certificate

hi all,

please what do one need to take along to get police report at Alagbon, and how much does it cost.
my wife will be going there the coming week to collect for both of us.
thanks

is not just an experience but a story.
well,i played the lottery while single but was married by the time i got the winning NL.After consultation with the good ppl of this forum,i went on to do the registry and white wedding and sent a copy of my marriage certifIcate along side updated forms Ds 230 to KCC on respect of my hubby and myself.Kcc replied they will include the info in my case file.Suprsingly,I got my 2nd Nl and my hubby was not included.However,Iwas advised to go along with my guy.
our appointment was for the 5th of aug.We got to the embassy as scheduled.at 6.30,we queued up and started entering the embassy.At the entrance,the woman asked why i didnt notify them of my marriage,i told her i did and showed her copies of the mail i sent to Kcc and the replies. we were given dv 20 and allowed to enter.
Inside,we made our payments and submitted our documents and entered the interview arena.
At exactly 8.20,the interviews began and it seemed as if everybody was being disqualified for one reason or the other.all the young couples(married after winning the dv were disqualifed except for one).There was this white consular that was just bent on disqualifing all the young couples.By this time,i was becoming very nervous but my hubby told me not to worry.At a point,i started praying to God that the very consular will not interview me but it seemed God was not ready answer that prayer.at exactly 1pm,the same consular called my no,dv 20.We walked up to him.We took the oaths the our finger prints.He asked my hubby to go and sit down while he chats with me and the interview began ;
so u are the one that originally won the dv

yes

what is ur maiden name?

xxxxxxxxx

ur married name:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

when were u born?

xxxxxxxxxxx

where?

ans

when did u finish ur first degree?

Ans

From which sch?

Ans

Did u do Nysc?

Yes i did

Where did u serve?

Ans

What was ur job function during Nysc?

Teaching

What did u teach?

Chemistry

where were u living then?

Ans

When did u get married?

Nov 2007

When did u meet him?

april 2004

How?

He cane to my sch to visit his youngher sister who was in my dept

When did he propose to u?

sept 2006?

why did it take so long b4 u got married after the proposal?

Cos he was waiting for me to finish my Nysc

Do u have pics?

yes we do
I gave 2 albums full of pics taken on different occasions.
The consular asked me to go and sit while he chats with my hubby.the interview followed as below

When did u meet ur wife?

Where?

her university campus

How did u meet her?

i went to visit my sister who was in her sch

When did u propose to her?

When did u get married?

How many brothers does she have?

who is the older?she or the brothers?

One is her elder and the other her younger

What does the elder brother do?

Ans

where does her Mum live?

Ans

is her own building or rented?

ans

How much is her house rent?

ans

What abt her dad?

He is deceased.

At this point the consular asked me to come.i thought we have qualified but to my surprise he gave me a blue letter stating the we are guilty of incomplete documentation and that our case is going for administrative processing.He also took the original of my marriage certificate for verification and said they will get back to us after the AP is completed.

We went home and continued our lives.i made up my mind that whatever it comes to i will take it cos i married my best friend who i know is the best for me and if that disqualifies me then there is no problem.

10 days later,i got a call from the embassy to come with my hubby with every proof of our relationship.i packed all things and we went for the 2nd interview at the fraud process unit of the embassy.upon arrival,we discovered our names were not on the list.the lady told us we have missed our appointment.my hubby and i insisted we were called to come to the embassy that day but she will not listen.after a while,we were direcd to the main entrance and saw our names on the list of pple to be given access into the administrative part of the emabssy for that day.

My husband and i were interviewed separately.i i was taken upstairs 1st and interview b4 my hubby.

When did u meet ur hubby

ans

How

i gave a very detailed description of meeting my hubby back in april 2004.

How were u seeing each other then?

he comes to my house outside the university campus.

Where was that?

ikwuano

Where was he living?

Umuahia

So how was he coming seeing u live in ikwuano and him umuahia.Does he come with his car or public trans

he uses Public trans

Does he jhave a car then?

no

Dos he have a car now?

yes

When did he buy it?

what model of car?

I cant remenber

What do u mean?is it not the same car that u two use together?Is isi rolls,mercedes jeep etc

no

what model then,isnt it the same car u two use together?
i cant say.the cars my hubby has are not for our personal use but they are mostly for biz.but i can describe the cars very well.

what is the colour?
white

so who drives it?

He has a driver

What is his name?

xyz

and he is still driving it?

No

why?

cos he was not giving proper acct of the biz to my hubby

So ur hubby laid him off

yes

when was that?

dec 2007

What does ur hubby do?

He is a civil servant

where does he work?

national population commission

What is his work ther?

his office is responsible fopr the registrtatin and issuance of birth certificate.

so how did u get to know u won the lottery?

My brother called to inform me.

where were u then?

I was in ibadan

Doing what?

i went for a job interview

wher u married then?

i have done traditional marriage

So how did ur hubby get to know?

I called him and informed him

How did u and ur hubby spend the weekend?

We did not spend any weekend cos we traveled down from abis to lag over the weekend for this appointment

where did u stay?

In ibadan

with who?

My aunty

whats her name

xxxxxxxxx

where are going to stay in the US

with mr and mrs xxxxxxx

who are they?

they are friends to my sister

so ur hubby does not have anybody

no

how did u raise money for the visa processing?

we contributed equally .

AT THIS POINT SHE WENT DOWN AND AFTER SOME TIME CAME BACK WITH MY HUBBY.

i was asked to go out while they interviewed him.they repeated all these questions with him and thank God he answered accordingly.
in addition he was asked the following

did u have sex with her b4 marriage?

No

why?

we decided to wait till after we are married

was she a virgin when u married her

yes

so u are her 1st

yes

christ embassy

What abt b4 now?

i attended Presbyterian b4

why did u change?

my wife influenced me

was it after the white wedding that u have ur sex for the 1st time

no.We couldnt wait for that.it was after the traditional

u have been married for close to a year now.why is she not yet pregnant?

Bcos it has not come.We are waiting for and expecting it.

WHILE SHE WAS STILL BUSY WITH MY HUBBY INSIDE,ONE THE PANEL CAME OUT TO ME

madam ,pleas face me.I turned round and faced him.

Christ embassy

What abt ur friend inside?

My husband ,i corrected him.

ok what abt ur husband?

We go to the same church

which one was he attending b4 ur marriage

Presbyterian church

so u influenced him?

yes

what was the relationship btw u like b4 marraige

I dont understand/Do u mean if we were sleeping together?

exactly

I said no

why?
we decided to wait
so when did u start?

after our traditonal amrraige

was that ur 1st time

yes

is he aware?

yes he knows.He is the one

but u dont sleep together again now?

we are married and still have marital relationship.

he got up and went back inside

just at that time another person came asked me so many more questions abt church and all tha which i answered.at the and she told us it is time tyo go.i thought we were disqualified but while we were in the lift she told u swe qualified and will be called soon for the visa.i got another call from the embassy to come with our passports.i got there and they was asked why i will like to migrate to us.i told said it is boc of the opprtunities it offers me.she took our passports and gave me my marriage certficate and the pick up slip.

I picked up the visas on wednesday 10 th of this sept.

i want say thank u to every body in this forum that spent time providing valuable information to us.u all made it happen.thank u so much.
Congratulations my sister...

BELOW WAS MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE YESTERDAY

I arrived at the embassy at about 5.20 am. I could not believe my eyes that as at that time the place was full.

It was 6.30 am that DV people were call to the line
At the gate we were told to open ALL envelopes.

I was given DV 6.

After all formalities like paying the fees etc, I was called to window 13 at about 9.20 am.

AND THE CHAT WENT THUS:

US Officer(USO): Good morning
Me: good morning ma
USO: U are here cos you won the DV lottery?
Me: yea
USO: lift up your right hand and say after me.
Me: I did
USO: what are your names?
Me: bla bla
USO: when were you born?
Me: Bla bla
USO where were you born?
USO:How many times did you do waec?
Me: once
USO: what was your highest grade?
Me: Physics
USO: why?
USO: and what was your lowest grade?
Me: Geography
USO: why?
USO: What university are you?
USO: what level and course are you?
USO: do you know where you're going to stay in US?
Me: yea, and I quoted the address for her
USO: what is the man(sponsor) to you?
Me: my cousin
USO: give me a minute pls
Me: ok ma
AND SHE CAME BACK WITH A BLUE SLIP.

USO: AND SAID, " CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"
Me: thank you ma.

USO: do not make any travel arrangements till you collect your visa next week.
Me: yes ma.

My dear people, this is my story; please join me to thank the Living God who has done this for me.

May I use this medium to thank everyone in this forum for all their contributions like answering of questions, suggestions, advising and the likes, may Almighty God reward you all. Amen.
Those awiting interview God will do it for you all. Amen

Navigator.
Congratulationson your successful interview.
Thank God for his mercies. The Lord will also do it for more people in Jesus name

Thank God

joyful;1959064]is not just an experience but a story.
I picked up the visas on wednesday 10 th of this sept
i want say thank u to every body in this forum that spent time providing valuable information to us.u all made it happen.thank u so much
My sister , Congratulations on the success; I am sorry that the Embassy people subjected you to embarrasing/intrusive questioning. I am sure that people from civilized societies will be appalled and otraged by such treatment. But thank God it is over.
I wish you Godspeed.

urgent please

hi all,

please what do one need to take along to get police report at Alagbon, and how much does it cost.
my wife will be going there the coming week to collect for both of us.
thanks

Cheap airlines to US (Arkansas)

Can anyone give me information on the various airlines that fly from Lagos to the United States; if possible to Arkansas?
I will appreciate, for I'm planning my trip already.
thanks

Got interview date

Hi everyone,i just called KCC and i was told my interview have been scheduled for the 12th of November.Please pray for me .

Visa collection

My people, I collected my visa this afternoon.
I want to thank again everyone that has contributed in one way or the other to make my success at the interview.

Lest I forget, people should be careful of the sponsor they indicate in the form; do not write just any name. The reason being that my sponsor said the embassy called him on the day of my interview. I do not know whether it was before , during or after my interview.

Meanwhile, which airlines fly to USA (Arkansas in particular) from Lagos? I will appreciate for this info pls.
Thank you all.

evidence of support

hi all,

from various comments as regard the issue of evidence of support, its seems the only thing accepted in US embassy in lagos is affidavit of support.
what happen if a familly can prove to have enough personal resources (cash, stocks, landed properties) but no sponsor ? will they be denied visa?
has anyone been in this situation at Lagos US embassy CP?
please help clarify

The Lord has done it

Fellow members,
Please join me and my family in thanking GOD for having a successful interview this morning at 9am. It all seems like a dream as the whole exercise can be likened to a mere chat than a formal interview as the consular officer seems more interested in spending time looking through my family picture albums
I’ll say more by next week after picking up the passports with the visas.

fellow members,
please join me and my family in thanking god for having a successful interview this morning at 9am. It all seems like a dream as the whole exercise can be likened to a mere chat than a formal interview as the consular officer seems more interested in spending time looking through my family picture albums
i’ll say more by next week after picking up the passports with the visas.

sb2008,
i say congratulations on your successful interview. It has been the lord's doing for all of us.
I pray that he will do same for others, amen.

Congrats

Fellow members,
Please join me and my family in thanking GOD for having a successful interview this morning at 9am. It all seems like a dream as the whole exercise can be likened to a mere chat than a formal interview as the consular officer seems more interested in spending time looking through my family picture albums
I’ll say more by next week after picking up the passports with the visas.

Congrats, i tap into your anointing.

MMMMMhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm... GOD don doamooooooooooo... This kind GOD l never see HIM typeooooooooooo... Please my friends join me in thanking GOD for a good 5minutes chat today. Let me try to give the dertails:
The Lady: What was your score in your GCE
MY wife: blablabla
The lady: Can l see family photos
My wife: Ok
The lady:How old was your baby on this pic
My wife:blablabla
The lady: How old are you
My daugther:blablabla
The lady:You are qualified, come next week and collect the visas
My wife:Thanks
Waooooooooo God is good, we had A.O.S and my bank papers but she didn't ask for them.My friends this is really FAVOUR from GOD... l pray that all will receive the same FAVOUR.My wife and five children said l should say hello to all and l know that everybody in this forum had a hand in our success. THANK YOU:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Favour1 and SB2008,
I share in ur moment of joy!it is the Lord's doing.may this good news continue to every member of the house,Amen