• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Wat u need to understand is that because your number is current in oct dosen't mean your interview would be in oct. if you look at the threads in this forum, a guy from Nigeria with a Dv number of 14XXX didn't get his visa until this month. His number was actually current in April.
The schedule the interviews around the busy schedule of the u.s embassy in nigeria

Johnkent, thats not the truth, there is no way you be current without you being scheduled for interview.... no,
once your number is current you will be going for interview......
only that you can't predict the date it will fall on during the month,
but it will definitely be in the month.

That guy you are talking about is me, i just got my Visa because my Medical was ready on time.

Not that interview was not scheduled as supposed.

Thanks

I totally agree with demoddon, I applied on the last day just about 10 hours before the close of online application. Look at my signature you will see my CN is low. I think the most important factor in winning is GOD, His favour decides who win.
Thank you all for responding and putting things in proper perspective.

my fiancee is a winner of DV 2008 and i need ur advice on some problems we are having:
we have had a court wedding.
i mistakenly fill the wrong 'place of birth' on my DS 230 form,part1(ondo instead of ibadan)i was thinking 'place of origin' when filling the form.
all my ID documents (birth certificate,passport)clearly state i was born in ibadan,i have thought of getting new ones that say i was born in ondo but i have being previously denied a US visiting visa at which interview i was thumb printed and i suspect the embassy would easily know i m lying if they check their records.when ask (if ask) about this in consistency should i simply tell the truth about my mistake and present my documents as proof?

secondly what forms of proof should we take to our interview as proof of our marriage?our wedding was a small court one and happened after recieving our notification letter.

thirdly i have not recieved any notification of reception of our entry by the USCIS.what can i do to confirm? our entry was posted in the US...

i would be expecting ur repy

Hey Modest and y'all,
How many Nigerians do you guys think are issued an Immigrant visa(DV Lottery) at the U.S consulates in nigeria every month??? I was just curious

Hey i know sabi, but there is always a statistics done by us after every financial year on the bulletin stating how many people have been issued immigrant visa from every county at the end of the year

my fiancee is a winner of DV 2008 and i need ur advice on some problems we are having:
i mistakenly fill the wrong 'place of birth' on my DS 230 form,part1(ondo instead of ibadan)i was thinking 'place of origin' when filling the form.
all my ID documents (birth certificate,passport)clearly state i was born in ibadan,i have thought of getting new ones that say i was born in ondo but i have being previously denied a US visiting visa at which interview i was thumb printed and i suspect the embassy would easily know i m lying if they check their records.when ask (if ask) about this in consistency should i simply tell the truth about my mistake and present my documents as proof?

secondly what forms of proof should we take to our interview as proof of our marriage?our wedding was a small court one and happened after recieving our notification letter.

thirdly i have not recieved any notification of reception of our entry by the USCIS.what can i do to confirm? our entry was posted in the US...

send a mail to kcc and let them know that u made a mistake while filling ur form, since u are not the principal apllicant, it should not pose a problem.

they may ask u to fill another ds-230 form and send to them. dont change ur documents, it may be sensitive, also for ur new wedding u must be able to proof that the wedding is not as a result of the lotto, so get as much infor as u may get about each other and let ur wife read this forum or communicate to her. take a lot of photos now and pick up all the ones u have had since u were courting, all ur letter and may be messages, begin to put them together

pls let us have ur signature, so that we can know u better, u may wish to read the thread all over, they will inform u

Please can someone apeal to us gov to allow all of us who are real winners to be call up not cutting some out

Haha. I wish we could.On ur Notification, it tells ya that winning dosen't mean u'll get the visa.
I think someone might have a shot at sueing USCIS/KCC here in the states but not overseas.

Modest Has said it all, since you are not the principal applicant you are fine. But write mail to Kcc letting them know about the Birth Date issues. you can as well find out from them if your form has come to them. the email is Kcc@state.gov. the marriage issue please try as much as possible to make it look real. me am not really comfortable with the court marriage only. since u just had it now that you got the NL. It looks suspicious to me oooo. Like Modest has said gather all your pictures both old and new it will also help you a lot. My brother if money dey.. go do white or traditional wedding.:D to support your claim.
Pleas add your Case number here. it will help us so much.
if you don't know how. Log in and go to user Cp. then , click on Edith signature.
good luck...

Please can someone apeal to us gov to allow all of us who are real winners to be call up not cutting some out

If only it was that easy. Unfortunately they are under no obligation to give visas, or interviews for that matter, to everyone who received an NL. Remember, more NLs are sent out than there are visas available.

In addition to what MODEST and onyii have said, please know that when emailing KCC your fiancee must quote her case number, name and date of birth as it is in the NL. If you read the NL you will see the information on how to contact KCC.

Any Experience??

Please House you know if one send Mail to KCC, there is this Auto confirmatory reply that comes into your Box immediately which says you mail has been received. So if you don't get that confirmation after sending mail. Does that simply mean that the mail has not been received by Kcc?

yes

Please House you know if one send Mail to KCC, there is this Auto confirmatory reply that comes into your Box immediately which says you mail has been received. So if you don't get that confirmation after sending mail. Does that simply mean that the mail has not been received by Kcc?

it means that the mail has not been received and this happens when there is incorecct or absence of case number or dob

thanks a mill

Modest Has said it all, since you are not the principal applicant you are fine. But write mail to Kcc letting them know about the Birth Date issues. you can as well find out from them if your form has come to them. the email is Kcc@state.gov. the marriage issue please try as much as possible to make it look real. me am not really comfortable with the court marriage only. since u just had it now that you got the NL. It looks suspicious to me oooo. Like Modest has said gather all your pictures both old and new it will also help you a lot. My brother if money dey.. go do white or traditional wedding.:D to support your claim.
Pleas add your Case number here. it will help us so much.
if you don't know how. Log in and go to user Cp. then , click on Edith signature.
good luck...

thanks guys for the info ,my wife will send the e mail as soon as possible.

confessions! confessions!;we did have the court wedding so we could send our forms back together.Before NL came in we were already in the middle of planing our traditional and white wedding for november'07.plans still ok be cause interview likely in April '08....

Name Issue

I have two WAEC certificates that I intend to use for the process but I found out that one of the result bears just surname and my first name. The middle name was omitted.

Secondly in my Birth certificate, where my surname was mentioned both in my case and in my parent’s case, I found out that the person that wrote it omitted the last letter of my surname. Probably he was trying to manage the space he had because the name is long.

Also in my international passport, they wrote my middle name before my first i.e. they wrote (surname, middle name and first name) instead of (surname, first name & middle name)

Can an affidavit handle these issues or do I have to do something else?

Case Number:2008AF00008xxx
Received Letter: May 2007
Sent Back To Kcc: May 2007.
Kcc Confirmed Receipt: 13th June 2007
Awaiting 2nd Letter

Name Issue

I have two WAEC certificates that I intend to use for the process but I found out that one of the result bears just surname and my first name. The middle name was omitted.

Secondly in my Birth certificate, where my surname was mentioned both in my case and in my parent’s case, I found out that the person that wrote it omitted the last letter of my surname. Probably he was trying to manage the space he had because the name is long.

Also in my international passport, they wrote my middle name before my first i.e. they wrote (surname, middle name and first name) instead of (surname, first name & middle name)

:) Case Number:2008AF00008xxx
:D Awaiting 2nd Letter

fellow naijas

I really appreciate you guys for the wonderful jobs you are doing. And i wanna congratulate those who has gotten their NL. I'm one of those that got the NL for the dv 2008. and my NL number is 2008af00023.. i got the package in april and i sent it back to the KCC after two days, however, i did not attach my passport photograph with the form sent to KCC. I later ent my passport photographs after two months to the KCC. I will like to know if this mistake will not affect my chances of being called for interview.
Furthermore, when will the 2nd letter be sent.
I know you guys are well able to anwer my questions.
Admiral

Please can someone clarify me on the name issue.I bear three names surname,first name and middle name and wrote the three in full during my initial lottery entry.
On my documents,I have the first,second and middle INITIAL on my primary,secondary and Nysc certificate while the rest:birth,degree,marriage certificate and every other thing bears the names in full. do u think this will pose a problem?.
Also,my name was incorrectly spelt in my WAEC cert.My 1st name Nkechinyere was written as Nkecinyere,omitting the letter "h" between C and I.Any implication?

I wrote my age as at my last birthday even though from my date of birth i was like four month older than that age.Did i make a mistake ?

I know the questions might sound funny but i just want to be on the safe side

Last edited by a moderator:

Case Number:2008AF00008xxx
Awaiting 2nd Letter

i also find myself in a similar situation.plesae somebody should come to our aid,so we can take the right steps where necessary.

it means that the mail has not been received and this happens when there is incorecct or absence of case number or dob

i dont think so. I sent an email to them to change a data in my DS 230 form, but when i called to verify, they asked if i got an auto response reply and i said no. The lady on the other end now told me to relate those changes to the person interviewing me at the embassy. I guess it's always good to follow up your email with a call to KCC.

Last edited by a moderator:

i dont think so. I sent an email to them to change a data in my DS 230 form, but when i called to verify, they asked if i got an auto response reply and i said no. The lady on the other end now told me to relate those changes to the person interviewing me at the embassy. I guess it's always good to follow up your email with a call to KCC.