• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

yeh

Oga Orere Directing your question to only one person in this house may not pay u better. the meaning is that every other person out side the named object is not allowed to answer it. I think if you have such questions, you better send a private message to the person.
am not saying this out of jealousy, Oga modest is our elder in the house but doest mean you have to direct your question to him only. but if you must do, it has to be a private one. I my self i do send private questions to him.

But if am to advice you:
Make sure that what ever your WAEC bears is what your DOB cert, your International passport Bears. Above all it must synchronize with the names you use during the time of application and filling of forms..
am sayingg this out of experience from a friend of mine who was rejected Visa Due to names issues.

Good Luck..!!

good talk
besides oga orere, adjust or add ur signature, in this regards, we can be our brothers keeper

oga

Is someone saying you must provide evidence of adding another name to your name after birth? I was named with two names at birth, and I dropped one and later added my baptismal name after my secondary education. Any implication?. Please advise quickly as it will soon be my turn to play the game.
Our motto in this house henceforth should be "I shall win" (subject to house approval).
Regards to elder Modest, Pastor Adebayo, Baba Aladura, Jrcies, Tunde, and my other 2008 compatriots.

oga
pls we dont want to suffer any cassualty due to human error
with immediate effect syncronice ur name, from the way u sound, u may need to get another birth cert which should bear the names on ur cert and ur passport

pls do that for God so love u

According to Onyill,the names you used to play the lottery,name in your international passort,name in your certificate and all other supporting documents MUST tally.If there is any discrepancies,JUST go to the court and swear an affidavit to prove to immigration officials that u are the owner of all the names.
CASE NUMBER--------------------------------2008AF2XXX

if the guy has adopted a new name then it means they should appear in his cert and i trust that he played the lottery with those names, so he will need to go to NPC to get a birth cert/registration. and his passport should follow the same line
if the name in his school doucments are diff from the lotto name, then their is identity problem

Supported

Dear Onoriode Please do help us to update your Signature for clearer identification and proper analysis.
for your question i want to believe that Kcc have started sending out your letters just that it will take some couple of days to get into your hand. but if as from next week, you are not able to get your letter, fast fast mail Kcc to give you your Interview date then use the reply to get form from embassy for your medicals...
ma people hope am right???
I support your suggestion. This has actually become the preferred method for Nigerians because of the unpredictable postal system. Some people actually miss the interview because the second letter never arrived:eek: :eek: [Very serious matter].
Watch for when your number becomes current, e-mail KCC for your interview date, print out the reply and use it for your Medicals and Interview proper.
The Embassy can also give you your interview date since they actually schedule and conduct the interview [just e-mail them and make sure you print and save the replies for documentation purposes.]

guys thanks 4 ur suggestion.my names ar the same.i only added my middle name.that is my birth cer bears...fataih john........after addin my middle name its fataih adamu john..with adamu being my middle name.so from birth to waec is fataih john.....all others onwards including my passport bears fataih adamu john.so thats it.if any of u is a lawyer talk to me.evrybody talk.my head dey plait dada!oyinbo and wahala

my university degree...post university qualification all bear my is, sur and middle names

From your statement, it means that only your international passport bears a different name. I dont think you have problem.
But if you have money pleaseeeee go and obtain a new passport with the same names your documents bears. it may sound crazy, but i think is cheaper and better than the risk you will take if u go to interview with the old one.

Please add your signature here for Better Analysis and identification.

birth cert

guys thanks 4 ur suggestion.my names ar the same.i only added my middle name.that is my birth cer bears...fataih john........after addin my middle name its fataih adamu john..with adamu being my middle name.so from birth to waec is fataih john.....all others onwards including my passport bears fataih adamu john.so thats it.if any of u is a lawyer talk to me.evrybody talk.my head dey plait dada!oyinbo and wahala[/Q

GET A NEW BIRTH REGISTRATION FROM NPC BEARING ALL UR NAMES AND IF U DONT HAVE THE NAMES IN UR PALI, GET A NEW PALI.
IF U HAVE AN OLD PALI THAT U HAVE APPLIED FOR VISA WITH BEFORE, LEAVE THE PALI LIKE THAT, IT IS OK. DONT CHANGE UR PASSPORT ESPLY IF U HAVE APPLIED TO UK OR US EMBASSY WITH THEM.

Confirmation of interview date

i called KCC yesterday, and the lady on the other end told me my interview date has been scheduled for October 22. She also said Interview letters are on the way. So i guess guys with low case numbers can call in to ask. Ok! Mine is 2008AF000001XX.

spoke w a lawyer about my names issue.said i shld get an affidavit..publish in a daily claiming am same person.will still go 2 the NPC AS modest suggested.pray it all turns out ok.

spoke w a lawyer about my names issue.said i shld get an affidavit..publish in a daily claiming am same person.will still go 2 the NPC AS modest suggested.pray it all turns out ok.

I DONT UNDERSTAND U, ANYWAY IF UR LAWYER WERE AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER HE WOULDT HAVE FORGOTTEN TO TELL U THAT THE COUNCILLOR COULD SAY U DID ALL THAT FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE INTERVIEW
HAVE A GOOD DAY

Seeking information

If you all can help me I will appreciate it.
Somebody said you are more likely to win the lottery if you send your entry in early [eg, October rather than December]
Can you guys indicate which date you submitted your entry [it should be on the print out from the lottery website on the day you submitted the entry].
Just trying to see what will work for dv-09.
Thanks.

Am Kinda on thesame track with Modest. I don't think you need to do all of that cuz it might look like ur a fake.
As long as the DOB you had on ur DV application is actually correct, i think you should be just fine.

Lawyers in Nigeria have no clue abt US Immigrations and making changes to your profile like that might be looked at as phony

Point-man

i called KCC yesterday, and the lady on the other end told me my interview date has been scheduled for October 22. She also said Interview letters are on the way. So i guess guys with low case numbers can call in to ask. Ok! Mine is 2008AF000001XX.
I guess you will be our point man for dv-08. Please make sure all documents are ready. Read thru' the questions supplied by Modest at the beginning of this forum and have answers to all of them. Read thru the 07 thread especially the the interview feedbacks. Then go well and make us proud. Nothing but good news on Oct. 22.
I wish you Godspeed.

orere, bringing a lawyer into all this now might trigger a legal battle that you may never win.
what modest and baba suggested is good I think. Just try to be "original" as much as you can i.e. keep away from "new" documents as much as you can

ok guys.i take ur advice.its all gonnna b ok.thats y this is a forum 2 help us all.thanks guys.

i dont think so

If you all can help me I will appreciate it.
Somebody said you are more likely to win the lottery if you send your entry in early [eg, October rather than December]
Can you guys indicate which date you submitted your entry [it should be on the print out from the lottery website on the day you submitted the entry].
Just trying to see what will work for dv-09.
Thanks.

I dont think so. I applied late, i.e about 11pm on November 25. That was less than 2weeks to the close of the lottery. And, you know what? My case number is so low AF000001XX. I think appying late would only slow the link to their Website due to so many people logging on, but wouldn't affect or improve your chances. It's all about God's favor.

I dont think so. I applied late, i.e about 11pm on November 25. That was less than 2weeks to the close of the lottery. And, you know what? My case number is so low AF000001XX. I think appying late would only slow the link to their Website due to so many people logging on, but wouldn't affect or improve your chances. It's all about God's favor.

I totally agree with demoddon, I applied on the last day just about 10 hours before the close of online application. Look at my signature you will see my CN is low. I think the most important factor in winning is GOD, His favour decides who win.

International Passport And Medical Test

I guess you will be our point man for dv-08. Please make sure all documents are ready. Read thru' the questions supplied by Modest at the beginning of this forum and have answers to all of them. Read thru the 07 thread especially the the interview feedbacks. Then go well and make us proud. Nothing but good news on Oct. 22.
I wish you Godspeed.

Please,Demoddon,kindly give out the telephone no. of KCC. I have been calling them with the one in my NL,but the no.is not going:mad: .MEANWHILE,there is an issue bothring me at the moment:confused: .Must an international passport be presented before medical examination is done on a winner:confused: .I am affraid because I have not done my inter.pass:mad: .because at the moment Immigration offices in Nigeria are not processing inter.pass:eek: .They are complaining of shortages of materials:mad: .I want any dv 2007 winner that has done his/her medical to help us out with this matter:cool: .
CASE NUMBER----------------------2008AF00002XXX
1ST NOT LETTER-------------------APRIL
2ND.NOT.LETTER-------------------AWAITING