• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

great job: some advice here.

hello have some advice here.
since the visa bulletin has finnally arrived, be very certain that this forum will begin to get bussy and bubble.

Pls do the following so as to be able to keep track and help those that do not have regular access to the internent

1 ;update ur signatures, name and case number (not full), any date for records.
2 always quote the post uare are responding to, or post new mail as the case may be
3. be as focused as u can be and leave no stone onturn.
4 pls be as open minded as u can and remember, we are our brothers keepers, so we want to know about u.
5 discuss personnal issues with people in their private messages if need be, u will be suprised that people are always ready to help. am telling u this from experiece,(dont ask me who:D )
6 Top of all Dedication and prayers.

7 Pls go through all ur documents, now especially ur birth certs, school certs, and throw questions open, no matter how "foollish" (apologies) they are, people will be ready to answer, that is better than been sorry

Go and possess ur possession for it is written.

The list is endless, but others can write more

it seems like more nigerians won the visa lottery this yr than the did last yr which means less people will get the visa.

it seems like more nigerians won the visa lottery this yr than the did last yr which means less people will get the visa.

I disaggree with that conclusion. Maybe more people won because more unqualified people applied. Besides it could have been max. 20% increase compared to last year. In Cameroon about 100% more won this year.

Thank U Onyill

My Dear Onoriode. how is your day.?
Dont you think that including our location in this house will make us to start loosing focus as one big family we are....?
case/phone number is better...

Onyill,your suggestion is accepted.
CASE NUMBBER------------------------------2008AF00002XXX
GSM----------------------------------------08032378860

hello have some advice here.
since the visa bulletin has finnally arrived, be very certain that this forum will begin to get bussy and bubble.

Pls do the following so as to be able to keep track and help those that do not have regular access to the internent

1 ;update ur signatures, name and case number (not full), any date for records.
2 always quote the post uare are responding to, or post new mail as the case may be
3. be as focused as u can be and leave no stone onturn.
4 pls be as open minded as u can and remember, we are our brothers keepers, so we want to know about u.
5 discuss personnal issues with people in their private messages if need be, u will be suprised that people are always ready to help. am telling u this from experiece,(dont ask me who:D )
6 Top of all Dedication and prayers.

7 Pls go through all ur documents, now especially ur birth certs, school certs, and throw questions open, no matter how "foollish" (apologies) they are, people will be ready to answer, that is better than been sorry

Go and possess ur possession for it is written.

The list is endless, but others can write more

helo modest.i got a problem.my birth paper bears my surname and first name.later in life i took on a middle name.my waec cerfificate down bears my ist and surname.all other documents carry my namesi.e plus middle name.wat do i do.will an affidavit b enough.kinda worried.talk 2 me modest

Point of Correction

helo modest.i got a problem.my birth paper bears my surname and first name.later in life i took on a middle name.my waec cerfificate down bears my ist and surname.all other documents carry my namesi.e plus middle name.wat do i do.will an affidavit b enough.kinda worried.talk 2 me modest

Oga Orere Directing your question to only one person in this house may not pay u better. the meaning is that every other person out side the named object is not allowed to answer it. I think if you have such questions, you better send a private message to the person.
am not saying this out of jealousy, Oga modest is our elder in the house but doest mean you have to direct your question to him only. but if you must do, it has to be a private one. I my self i do send private questions to him.

But if am to advice you:
Make sure that what ever your WAEC bears is what your DOB cert, your International passport Bears. Above all it must synchronize with the names you use during the time of application and filling of forms..
am sayingg this out of experience from a friend of mine who was rejected Visa Due to names issues.

Good Luck..!!

Name issue.

Is someone saying you must provide evidence of adding another name to your name after birth? I was named with two names at birth, and I dropped one and later added my baptismal name after my secondary education. Any implication?. Please advise quickly as it will soon be my turn to play the game.
Our motto in this house henceforth should be "I shall win" (subject to house approval).
Regards to elder Modest, Pastor Adebayo, Baba Aladura, Jrcies, Tunde, and my other 2008 compatriots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update Your Records

Is someone saying you must provide evidence of adding another name to your name after birth? I was named with two names at birth, and I dropped one and later added my baptismal name after my secondary education. Any implication?. Please advise quickly as it will soon be my turn to play the game.
Our motto in this house henceforth should be "I shall win" (subject to house approval).
Regards to elder Modest, Pastor Adebayo, Baba Aladura, Jrcies, Tunde, and my other 2008 compatriots.

According to Onyill,the names you used to play the lottery,name in your international passort,name in your certificate and all other supporting documents MUST tally.If there is any discrepancies,JUST go to the court and swear an affidavit to prove to immigration officials that u are the owner of all the names.
CASE NUMBER--------------------------------2008AF2XXX

Decide Fast

Oga Orere Directing your question to only one person in this house may not pay u better. the meaning is that every other person out side the named object is not allowed to answer it. I think if you have such questions, you better send a private message to the person.
am not saying this out of jealousy, Oga modest is our elder in the house but doest mean you have to direct your question to him only. but if you must do, it has to be a private one. I my self i do send private questions to him.

But if am to advice you:
Make sure that what ever your WAEC bears is what your DOB cert, your International passport Bears. Above all it must synchronize with the names you use during the time of application and filling of forms..
am sayingg this out of experience from a friend of mine who was rejected Visa Due to names issues.

Good Luck..!!

Onyill,u are correct.All members in the house are equal.Questions should be directed to the entire house 4 response and not to an individual or a group.
As for ORERE,S question,if he uses the name in his WAEC cert. to play the lottery,then the issue is half way solved., because all other documents can be changed.Is up to him to decide whether to update by changing his docs. or swear an affidavit to suppoer his claim.I DONT KNOW IF MY SUGGESTION IS CORRECT,MEMBERS OF OUR VICTORIOUS HOUSE.
CASE NUMBER 2008AF2XX

NOW,to those of us whose numbers are current this month,since we are yet to receive our 2nd NL,WHAT do we do.TO send email to KCC to disclose our interview date or to go straight to the embassy to give us a letter to Komorus 4 our medicals.PLS,HOUSE RESPOND FAST to this matter arising.

Hi, guys it's nice having people like you in the house, am from nigeria my NL is 12xx, wen is my second letter coming.

Dear J-Cloud the issue is that the names you used during the time of application has to match with the names in your documents if you want to be in a safer side, which means you can still be safe with what ever names you have. But remember that the essence of this interview is that Onyibo is looking for some one to eliminate.
first of all i think since you can not change the names on your WAEC certificate u better use the names there for other document. change those that are changeable. try as much as possible to make your names to be in uniform.. But if worse come to worst obtain a back-up..(affidavit)
this is just my little idea.

Hi, guys it's nice having people like you in the house, am from nigeria my NL is 12xx, wen is my second letter coming.

Dear Tolu from the hand writing on the wall be expecting your second letter as from today to early September. according to the October Bullitin, your interview will be scheduled in October. so start to gather all your documents..if by the end of next week you cant get your second letter mail Kcc and ask them your interview date. they will give u.

Do this

NOW,to those of us whose numbers are current this month,since we are yet to receive our 2nd NL,WHAT do we do.TO send email to KCC to disclose our interview date or to go straight to the embassy to give us a letter to Komorus 4 our medicals.PLS,HOUSE RESPOND FAST to this matter arising.

Dear Onoriode Please do help us to update your Signature for clearer identification and proper analysis.
for your question i want to believe that Kcc have started sending out your letters just that it will take some couple of days to get into your hand. but if as from next week, you are not able to get your letter, fast fast mail Kcc to give you your Interview date then use the reply to get form from embassy for your medicals...
ma people hope am right???

kamoras.

Where is this Kamoras on the Island? Again how much is the medical per adult? Is a child less than three years old require to do medical? How much will this police report cost for husband and wife? Please I have two names on my secondary and birth certificates, but immediately after my secondary, I took a baptismal name that appears on all my subsequent certificates. I lost my baptismal certificate. Any issue? Do you guys advise I get an affidavit on my lost baptismal certificate? New affidavit now, any implication? Please guide me.

It is very certain that your NL will be coming anytime soon just be on the look out and get all your documents ready to avoid last minute rush. Good luck to everybody current in October.

Case Number: 2008AF00008xxx
NL: Received May 2007.
Forms Returned: May 2007.
KCC Confirmation: 13 June 2007.
Awaiting 2nd letter

i think it is ok

it is ok, with the birth cert and the first name.
but if u fill uncomfortable, get to Population commission nearest to u and get a certified true copy, same date of birth, but all ur names will appear.
in that sence, u will only use that for ur process and u wont use ur birth cert