• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

oga

Egbon mi, where have been?

Pastor I have been enjoying my self.
I was using the public library until 2 days a go, i had to use wireless so that i can get close to u guys, i miss everybody.
what is up u should pick up in 10days time, am waiting

and ur wife is also waiting

hello

house i have a very small challenge. i am a DV 2008 winner from naija. my names are uduak emem (jnr). however, the person that applied for the lottery on my behalf filled the form as uduak emem junior making the junior a middle name . so i am stuck as all my documents bear strictly uduak emem except my birth certificate and passport which bears uduak emem jnr. and i i returned mr forms to KCC putting the JNR as middle name. please i need ur assistance on what to do.
already i have sent a mail to kcc to correct it without a nr response. i do hope i have taken the right course of action
house come to ma aid
thanks
2008af205XX
we will all scale through

pls dont send mails to kcc anymore on this issue and from the u described ur documents, they are ok

Okay, I'm new and glad to be part of this thread, I am a winner of the DV2008 here is the issue i need help with:

1. I filled the forms online as single first week dec., then i got married in december 23rd. The NL came in june and I returned to KCC early july filling the forms as married with a kid. The kid was born in November ending and before the wedding and b4 I filled the online application at first. Now i am wondering if there'll b issues as I did not indicate in the first lottery online form that I had a kid

2. My no. goes AF2008-----9--- using that, i need explanations on the terms low or high number and current.

guys pls assist. thanks
just scan ur marriage cert and the child birth, also fill out form d-230 for each one of the write ur name as petitioner and ur case number at the top coner, send all these via e-mail attachment to kcc, if u are not comfortable, also post it

tolu

Hi every one my name is tolu from Nigeria is any one on now please kindly advice me on this isues. am a lucky winer of the DV2008. I played as a single but my elder sisters dauther that is 11 years old, was included wen i play d lottery, am now a married man, i have posted all me documents to KCC,My marriage certificate, pictures taken on my weeding day my wife passport photos and the girl's own in April 2008.pls am on now

pls throw more light into ur situation, so that we can help out,
it is a faceless forum so u can give out as much information as possible, as far as u can get solutions

guys careful

did you include your sisters daughter as your own daughter? ? at the interview you will have to present her birth certificate which will have her parents name on it. they will want you to prove that she is your daughter and they dont like lies at all o!

you however did the right thing by updating kcc of your marraige.

Lagos Nigeria
Case Number 2008AF00002xxx
NL received April 07
Returned to KCC May 07
KCC confirmed receipt May 07
Awaiting 2nd Letter

the way u guys go about this lies things dey make me wonder.
look there are some lies u have to tell to cover ur ax. (am not encouraging lies) but believe me sincerely, if thw guy has filled somebody as a doughter during the lottery for the sake that every body wants to go to the dream land, then u should follow it up, like this
get a birth cert for the child, state u are the father and adopt one mother name, maybe ur sisters name.
it goes like this, i hope u used ur surname for the girl when u filled the form.
the girls mothers surname must not be same as urs, on the day of the interview, u have to tell them that u had the child out of wedlock, since she is ur nephew, even if they call for DNA test she will pass.

Am not teaching u bad thing, but that is the only way to salvage the situation. then u will tutor the child on what to say, becos she will be asked questions as well

Hello All

hello my good people hope we all are doing good.
i was thinking by this time the visa bulletin would have been out. lol although is too early to shiver. hope soon it will come.
does any person know about this issues of Naira restructuring how it will affect Nigerians living in abroad. Since it it said that after the restructure Naira and Dollar will almost be equal. and according to economist the wont be need for people struggling to travel abroad or that it will reduce urge of traveling abroad.
since this is just a compression of Naira value how does it affect the value of money one receive in dollar.

Open forum

I don't know how to say this, but we have a big problem if our members have been engaged in immigration fraud. Personally, I think the only remedy is to own up and confess to KCC or the Embassy during the interview.
If you try to cover it up, how far do you think you can go to fool the Embassy. I keep thinking these Embassy guys who are engaged in an advanced, sophisticated war against terrorism are two steps ahead of any tricks we can cook-up.
Also openly detailing our frauds /tricks in this forum will only tarnish the Nigerian image further, since other people are reading what we write. I was on a forum on MSN and one of the posters claimed he was being owed millions of dollars after receiving all those '419' letters from "Central Bank of Nigeria".
For the guy who listed his niece on his forms, the only salvage is to legally adopt the girl as your daughter and see if the Embassy will accept a belated adoption. Don't back-date the adoption papers.
This green card thing is not do or die.

hello my good people hope we all are doing good.
i was thinking by this time the visa bulletin would have been out. lol although is too early to shiver. hope soon it will come.
does any person know about this issues of Naira restructuring how it will affect Nigerians living in abroad. Since it it said that after the restructure Naira and Dollar will almost be equal. and according to economist the wont be need for people struggling to travel abroad or that it will reduce urge of traveling abroad.
since this is just a compression of Naira value how does it affect the value of money one receive in dollar.

From my calculation,there will be no visa bulletin to be issued for OCTOBER.The next visa bulletin will come out by september 15 or afterward.So let us not bother ourself of this bulletin anymore.
For the case of the naira restructuring,it will have to improve the standard of living of Nigerians.To me it is a welcome developement as this will
reduce the pressure of Nigerians abroad as the dollars,pounds etc will now be rendered almost worthless to be desired
CASE NUMBER -----------------------2008AF00002XXX
LOCATION---------------------------SAPELE,DELTA STATE

advice

Hello house plaes some one should just put mrethru this issue.I sent an email to KCC to provide an info pertaining to my case soon after i received the NL.However,at tha time i have not known the signifcance of qutoing the case no and name in correspondence to kcc so i omitted it.now am really worried that the informatin may not be included in my case.Pls do u think it is ok for me to mail kcc again and provide the info ?

oga

I don't know how to say this, but we have a big problem if our members have been engaged in immigration fraud. Personally, I think the only remedy is to own up and confess to KCC or the Embassy during the interview.
If you try to cover it up, how far do you think you can go to fool the Embassy. I keep thinking these Embassy guys who are engaged in an advanced, sophisticated war against terrorism are two steps ahead of any tricks we can cook-up.
Also openly detailing our frauds /tricks in this forum will only tarnish the Nigerian image further, since other people are reading what we write. I was on a forum on MSN and one of the posters claimed he was being owed millions of dollars after receiving all those '419' letters from "Central Bank of Nigeria".
For the guy who listed his niece on his forms, the only salvage is to legally adopt the girl as your daughter and see if the Embassy will accept a belated adoption. Don't back-date the adoption papers.
This green card thing is not do or die.

The guy has written the girls name and that is a mistake, he has done it and that is that, if he does not back it up he will loss the green card, if he wants an adoption process it is ok, but tell u what he will loss out, the choice is his.
pls trash this issue about sophistication and fraud. it is not peculiar to nigeria, Nigeria is a third world country and we can not be too sophisticated.
Fraud started from oyinbo land, am not encouraging it, but tell u what we are not as black as they paint us to be, they want us to fell dejected and always backward.
America is a law abiding country, u must abide when u get to america, does not mean that people dont break laws here, (so they are not saints) people do somany things to get here and they shape up when they get here. (good luck to them)
Their children do shop-lifting and commit all sorts of crimes. (including rape and murder), People drive in this country without insurance for up to 2 years, would u ever imagine that. When police pull u up, they ask u to get the insurance and u get to pay fine of max of $600, and that is that, it does not go into ur record or make u a criminal, people drivers licence get suspended and after paying fine and stuffs, u can get another one with the restrictions, it does not make u a criminal and does not stop u from driving, so many issues
There are well over 12 million illegal alliens in america, with mexico being 5o%, (they call them labour-intensive force) if that figure were Nigerians, it would have been in the first page of international news.
The government is aware that people have fake social security numbers and all sorts. (though they are doing something about it now)
This is an open forum and ment to encourage people, adoption is ok, if the guy has done it earlier, but since that is not the case, I beg do u know how many lies have been told about the war situation in Iraq.
Call it anything, I stand on my advice for the guy, good or bad, he stands the risk of being banned from entering the US, and here u stand talking about fraud. (that is not the situation here, this case is a simple one) Pls tell that to our leaders . Once u get the opportunity to be here as a green card holder it speaks volume. and opens doors,
Fine it should not be a do or die affair, but u need it. People come here with visiting visa, over stay and marry an 'akata' get their papers and off they settle down, (what do u call that, fraudiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing) oyinbo man is aware that people from developing world are not too straight, just like the black americans (just be clean). and dont over do things, so that u can make heaven
Am sorry I may be a bit harsh, but that is the truth

Last edited by a moderator:
send another mail

Hello house plaes some one should just put mrethru this issue.I sent an email to KCC to provide an info pertaining to my case soon after i received the NL.However,at tha time i have not known the signifcance of qutoing the case no and name in correspondence to kcc so i omitted it.now am really worried that the informatin may not be included in my case.Pls do u think it is ok for me to mail kcc again and provide the info ?

pls send another mail to kcc and do it the right way

More Ideas

Hi every one my name is tolu from Nigeria is any one on now please kindly advice me on this isues. am a lucky winer of the DV2008. I played as a single but my elder sisters dauther that is 11 years old, was included wen i play d lottery, am now a married man, i have posted all me documents to KCC,My marriage certificate, pictures taken on my weeding day my wife passport photos and the girl's own in April 2008.pls am on now

My Dear Tolu, I think you need to really open up a little.
Did you fill the 11 years girl as your daughter or your maid.? Because i think Kcc have provision for things like that. But if not what did you fill her as.? Cos embassy will Judge you according to what you stated in your first form any thing more or less than that will be suspicious.

Still at that i think you can still back up what ever thing you fill in the first form with so many things.

Good luck

yes

My Dear Tolu, I think you need to really open up a little.
Did you fill the 11 years girl as your daughter or your maid.? Because i think Kcc have provision for things like that. But if not what did you fill her as.? Cos embassy will Judge you according to what you stated in your first form any thing more or less than that will be suspicious.

Still at that i think you can still back up what ever thing you fill in the first form with so many things.

Good luck

if Tolu refuse to clear and throw more light to this issue, me i will stop replying to his qestions ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
Baba Aladura, how now happy sunday

Tolu's Case

I have explanined what tolu can do and prayer is also needed.

I have this question ? Why do you have to wait for so long before you get your Visa after ur interview?

if Tolu refuse to clear and throw more light to this issue, me i will stop replying to his qestions ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

Let the guy sort himself out jare why will he lie lie and let the oyinbos continue to see us as bad Nigerians

to adebayo

bros u don move?see wetin this people ey do.e no good o.no october bulletintill now.that boy with dat 11 year olg girl wahala.oyinbo go catch.the lies we tell cos of jand.porverty too much.make soludo quick.the suffer 2 much.AF10XXX

bros u don move?see wetin this people ey do.e no good o.no october bulletintill now.that boy with dat 11 year olg girl wahala.oyinbo go catch.the lies we tell cos of jand.porverty too much.make soludo quick.the suffer 2 much.AF10XXX

Don't worry they will definitely bring it out to the favour of your guys. good luck!

SOLUDO NEEDS TO TALK TO MR PRESIDENT AND DIfINE THE PURPOSE, THE FOREIGN RESERVE WILL SPEAK

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing well

I am well. My Sunday was good.
I usually don't do much web-surfing on weekends, so that I can attend to other issues that I neglect during the work-week.
I assume you are headed back to the Carrebeans, soon. Stay safe from the hurricanes.