• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Okay, I'm new and glad to be part of this thread, I am a winner of the DV2008 here is the issue i need help with:

1. I filled the forms online as single, then i got married in december. The NL came in june and I returned to KCC early july as married with a kid. The kid was born in November ending and before the wedding. Now i am wondering if there'll b issues as I did not indicate in the first lottery nline form that I had a kid

2. My no. goes AF2008-----9--- using that, i need explanations on the terms low number and current.

guys pls assist. thanks

This is a question for the 2007 DV gurus. dont worry they will answer you.

4rm all responses I seen, 'was hoping 2 get help here too. I just need advice and explanations.

Am also a winer please give any inf you know that will help my mobile No 08033537658. Tolu

Information

Am also a winer please give any inf you know that will help my mobile No 08033537658. Tolu

Hi Tolu & all 2008 DV winners, theres a lot of information that we need to know. But for starters i would advise that anyone who hasnt already, should go to the 2007 DV winners thread and read it from the very beginning to the end. The 2007 thread started last year and there is so much information about the DV process there.

Afterwards we can begin to ask questions that are perculier to each of us. You will notice too that FoGy's question is being answered there by 2007 winners.

Good luck!:)

i actually went through before i posted my perculiar issue i dont seem to have an answere that clears that out :confused: mayb I'll just go with instincts; whatever follows, follows then. thanks anyway

Hi every one my name is tolu from Nigeria is any one on now please kindly advice me on this isues. am a lucky winer of the DV2008. I played as a single but my elder sisters dauther that is 11 years old, was included wen i play d lottery, am now a married man, i have posted all me documents to KCC,My marriage certificate, pictures taken on my weeding day my wife passport photos and the girl's own in April 2008.pls am on now

Hi, ladybee thanks for your reply but am still new in this system kindly let me know how to get those info fron 2007 winers thread.

Thanks
tolu

Hi somebody i have not recieve any confirmed reciept from KCC, since wen i posted my document together with the forms sent to me.I got my NL march 2007 and send it by Arill.2007.

Hi every one my name is tolu from Nigeria is any one on now please kindly advice me on this isues. am a lucky winer of the DV2008. I played as a single but my elder sisters dauther that is 11 years old, was included wen i play d lottery, am now a married man, i have posted all me documents to KCC,My marriage certificate, pictures taken on my weeding day my wife passport photos and the girl's own in April 2008.pls am on now

did you include your sisters daughter as your own daughter? ? at the interview you will have to present her birth certificate which will have her parents name on it. they will want you to prove that she is your daughter and they dont like lies at all o!

you however did the right thing by updating kcc of your marraige.

Lagos Nigeria
Case Number 2008AF00002xxx
NL received April 07
Returned to KCC May 07
KCC confirmed receipt May 07
Awaiting 2nd Letter

tolu

Hi somebody i have not recieve any confirmed reciept from KCC, since wen i posted my document together with the forms sent to me.I got my NL march 2007 and send it by Arill.2007.

Send an email or call but i personally prefer emails so you can print and keep their reply for future reference. see details below:

Kenturky Consular Centre
Phone (606) 526 7500
Fax: (606) 5267501
email: KCCDV@state.gov

goodluck!

foGy

i actually went through before i posted my perculiar issue i dont seem to have an answere that clears that out :confused: mayb I'll just go with instincts; whatever follows, follows then. thanks anyway

the answer you were given there is for you update kcc with the present status of your family i.e. you have a wife and a child. which i think is what you have done already. As long as they presently have the correct information i think you are okay and of course you must have all your documents to prove so at the interview e.g pictures birth certificates etc

or worst case email kcc and ask

tolu

to get to 2007 thread, just go to the top of this page, click on
lottery-visas dv it will open a page showing all the threads, click on 2007 DV lucky winners from nigeria it will open on the last page which is seventy something, then start from page 1.

goodluck!

thx lady. I have pictures all over and birth cert. too. I had 4ms filled 4 them and sent to kcc.

I appreciate

now, another! I have a first degree but I got 2 d university by a remedial program as I made 3 credits. now, will d 3 credit bother my application? I need 2 know, anyone?

note

I-864 is NOT used for DV. It is used for family-based petitions [husband with a green card petitioning for wife or kids who don't have GC]
DV is completely different and I-134 is the accepted affidavit. It is filled by anyone willing to provide financial support for you and your family when you arrive in the US. It is like a surety in Nigeria.The person filling it needs to be a GC holder or US citizen [although I think folks in the US on work visas like H-1 or J-1 etc may fill it-out. It may or may not be accepted from them]. He fills one form and lists you and all your family members on the form.

hey oga for clearification
it depends on the country, i used fprm I-864 in jamaica and it was accepted, cos thaz what they said i should use

oga easy

What,s happening dv 2008 winners.Let us wake up and make our forum a behive of activities.At times i wonder if we can surpass the activities of our predecessors.Let me use this opportunuty to give shot out to all DELTANS xpecially.Any SAPELE winner in d house,please allow me now.

which one u no dey now, u kukuma wan divide the house into 3million regions, this is a brotherly forum, and in no way is this forum tribe, region or anything bias, one house please!

hey

in form ds 230 number 31 the question is asked if one has ever been arrested.at the time of filling the forms in march the anwser was no.butfollowing a quarrel with a colleague a few weeks later{after submitting the forms} the colleague initiated an arrest.the matter has subsequently been resolved amaciably.the question is does one iNform KCC that one has now been arrested or u keep ur mouth shut.the question has been on my mind.the last thing one needs is 4 dis: oyinbo to find out and feel one is hoardin information.i hear u cant hide anything from these americans:confused:
:confused:

guy,
how far now, pls this goes to everybody, never ever fill in anyform for visa or anything, that u have been arrested beofore. dont ever do it, the answer to such question is always NO.
but if u have gone to prison before, then u can say yes.
it is as simple as that,
so when ur second package come, dont write yes oh, pls maintain NO, ur police record will show negative in ur criminal record, becos ur finger prints were not taken, right?

ok

hello everyone,

pls i want to know where is the right place to do the medical test, police report and some other required stuff that is needed when going for the dv lottery interview.

i received the letter dv2008 and i have sent my forms to KCC. in april2007

thanks

the medicals is always done is kamora and that is in lagos island, maybe VI
the police report can be gotten from alagbon in lagos or iyagakun in ibadan, that is all i know
for doucments to be taken for interview, u have to go through this thread, if u have any clearification go ahead and post it, then i may make a list for u