• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

oga

If you all can help me I will appreciate it.
Somebody said you are more likely to win the lottery if you send your entry in early [eg, October rather than December]
Can you guys indicate which date you submitted your entry [it should be on the print out from the lottery website on the day you submitted the entry].
Just trying to see what will work for dv-09.
Thanks.

u must win, becos God has said it.
i applied in october and my number is kind of average.

have this hint, apply only once, copy the information u keyed in on microsoft word before u submit, then print that along with ur comfirmation, for records

best of luck

hey, Do you folks think the numbers will move alot faster than it did last yr and probably, everyone from Nigeria will be current in Sep, 2008

Please,Demoddon,kindly give out the telephone no. of KCC. I have been calling them with the one in my NL,but the no.is not going:mad: .MEANWHILE,there is an issue bothring me at the moment:confused: .Must an international passport be presented before medical examination is done on a winner:confused: .I am affraid because I have not done my inter.pass:mad: .because at the moment Immigration offices in Nigeria are not processing inter.pass:eek: .They are complaining of shortages of materials:mad: .I want any dv 2007 winner that has done his/her medical to help us out with this matter:cool: .
CASE NUMBER----------------------2008AF00002XXX
1ST NOT LETTER-------------------APRIL
2ND.NOT.LETTER-------------------AWAITING
Onoriode,
Ur int'l passport is a pre-requisite for medical exam documentation. I believe the passport office can still help you out if let them know the urgency.

Someone need to speak.

Where is this Kamoras on the Island? Again how much is the medical per adult? Is a child less than three years old require to do medical? How much will this police report cost for husband and wife? Please I have two names on my secondary and birth certificates, but immediately after my secondary, I took a baptismal name that appears on all my subsequent certificates. I lost my baptismal certificate. Any issue? Do you guys advise I get an affidavit on my lost baptismal certificate? New affidavit now, any implication? Please guide me.

These questions I posted earlier, no one has helped to answer them, na wao. Please in addition "What is the most important item in the Affidavit of Support"? I got one but the man is not making any commitment in terms of support, regarding accomodation, funding e.t.c. Though I have a place to stay with my family and my own fund, (not in bank). Please what do i do? Somebody help us oooooooo.

Onoriode,
Ur int'l passport is a pre-requisite for medical exam documentation. I believe the passport office can still help you out if let them know the urgency.

The Tel number of KCC is 00916065267500. Maybe you didn't get the phone code right. If you are calling oversea numbers you add 009 or a + sign together with the country's national phone code and numbers. So, it's either you use +16065267500 or 00916065267500. I guess the 009 or the + are international exchange codes.

Regards.

Known Interview Date.

Hello fellow compatriots,
Is there any one in the house among Nigerian winners that know already their interview date? It is important we know when the interview will actually commence for 2008 winners. Please if you have confirmed your interview date, keep us posted.
I posted some questions earlier, no one is helping out?

These questions I posted earlier, no one has helped to answer them, na wao. Please in addition "What is the most important item in the Affidavit of Support"? I got one but the man is not making any commitment in terms of support, regarding accomodation, funding e.t.c. Though I have a place to stay with my family and my own fund, (not in bank). Please what do i do? Somebody help us oooooooo.

when some one fills AOS for u, he must include these

* photocopy of his/her biodata page of his US passport or copy of his allien card
* one month pay stub or job letter from his work place
* three year tax paper and W2 if the person files for tax return (very important)
* bank statement (not important, but if added it is just ok)

Urgent

Onoriode,

I called KCC today and my case have been schedulled for 2nd October.But the problem still remains.Immigration offices in Nigeria are not processing inter.pass. at the moment.What do i do to do my medicals?.House,respond now.

I called KCC today and my case have been schedulled for 2nd October.But the problem still remains.Immigration offices in Nigeria are not processing inter.pass. at the moment.What do i do to do my medicals?.House,respond now.

Contact KCC back or the US embassy in Nigeria and have ur interview rescheduled.

i called KCC yesterday, and the lady on the other end told me my interview date has been scheduled for October 22. She also said Interview letters are on the way. So i guess guys with low case numbers can call in to ask. Ok! Mine is 2008AF000001XX.

Nice Information. But am not still clear on how this Interview date is given regarding the case number. I mean looking at Demonddon's Case number 1xx, and u have 22 Oct as your interview date. what will be the faith of people with case number like 1000, 2000, 3000, 4700. will the still be able to have interview by October. again is it possible for some one with higher case number to have interview before some one with lower case number so long as their numbers are current.

House comparing last year first Bulletin, the first cut off for October was 2700 or there about then December was 5700. who knows why the high cut off for this time around. before December it mean we must have gone as far as 8000 or there about.
Well i wish it can be going like this so that every body can be scheduled for interview.

Chai!

Man i dey feel you.............
Get Letter from Immigration Office explaining the situation at hand and then proceed for your medicals, if there is any need for rescheduling there will inform you.
Please can you help us to update your case number here...........

Nice Information. But am not still clear on how this Interview date is given regarding the case number. I mean looking at Demonddon's Case number 1xx, and u have 22 Oct as your interview date. what will be the faith of people with case number like 1000, 2000, 3000, 4700. will the still be able to have interview by October. again is it possible for some one with higher case number to have interview before some one with lower case number so long as their numbers are current.

House comparing last year first Bulletin, the first cut off for October was 2700 or there about then December was 5700. who knows why the high cut off for this time around. before December it mean we must have gone as far as 8000 or there about.
Well i wish it can be going like this so that every body can be scheduled for interview.

Yes, it is very possible for someone with a higher number to get an interview b4 one with a lower number as long as the higher number is current also.
This happened in the U.S a few wks ago when EB3 visas became current sometime in July, and some people who applied in july got approved for greencard before people that have been waiting for yrs in line for their numbers to become current. The u.s immigration system isn't the best in the world and we'll have to deal with it for now.GOD BLESS AMERICA

Get Letter from Immigration Office explaining the situation at hand and then proceed for your medicals, if there is any need for rescheduling there will inform you.

u pretty much can't go for an interview without a passport. To be on a safe side, get ur interview rescheduled.
" u're identity cannot be confirmed without a passport"

explanation

let me clearify some issues here.
the case number AF................... cut across africa, when a certain range is current, interview dates will be arranged by country and the dates and number of people will be based on the number of applicants from a particular country in that batch. this is always the reason why we have exceptions for nigeria and some countries.
for october 2007, the applicants from nigeria may not be upto 20 or 30 home and abroad.
do not panic, u will be interviewed befor june next year

Hey Modest and y'all,
How many Nigerians do you guys think are issued an Immigrant visa(DV Lottery) at the U.S consulates in nigeria every month??? I was just curious

As Onyii suggested, Onoriode should please update his signature for proper tracking to help others, especially quoting his CN. I called KCC, but was told to call back for confirmation of interview date late September. So it is amusing if people are already scheduled for 2nd October and others whose numbers are current in the same month will wait till September ending to know their interview date. If is that late, when will the 2nd package arrive. I am a little bit confused as to current numbers and schedule of interview.

As Onyii suggested, Onoriode should please update his signature for proper tracking to help others, especially quoting his CN. I called KCC, but was told to call back for confirmation of interview date late September. So it is amusing if people are already scheduled for 2nd October and others whose numbers are current in the same month will wait till September ending to know their interview date. If is that late, when will the 2nd package arrive. I am a little bit confused as to current numbers and schedule of interview.

Wat u need to understand is that because your number is current in oct dosen't mean your interview would be in oct. if you look at the threads in this forum, a guy from Nigeria with a Dv number of 14XXX didn't get his visa until this month. His number was actually current in April.
The schedule the interviews around the busy schedule of the u.s embassy in nigeria

pls i need ur advice rite now.i ve bn in this forum for a while.people like mamaj,modest,jcries(2007)have really be of great help to me.but at the point i need help again.i am a 2008dv.on my passport ,my place of birth was mistaken for my home town.i earlier plan was to change my passport,but i was shocked when i got to the passport office last wk and i was told by a close confidant that there are no papers for passport in nigeria for now,that if i should take the picture,i might not get the passport till december.so i asked them to effect the correction on the observation page.now the correcction has been effected on the observation page with a proper stamp.am not sure if the embassy knows anything like that?so i want to write a letter to the embassy and copy KCC abt the issue.pls advice me on this.

Wat u need to understand is that because your number is current in oct dosen't mean your interview would be in oct. if you look at the threads in this forum, a guy from Nigeria with a Dv number of 14XXX didn't get his visa until this month. His number was actually current in April.
The schedule the interviews around the busy schedule of the u.s embassy in nigeria

Thanks Johnkent, it simply mean number can be current and interview not scheduled. Amazing indeed, then what is the import of number been current?

But I know that if your current at a particular month it means that you will have you interview within the month. Remember if you have you interview you will still have to wait for another one month to pick your Visa. I don't know if you were referring to Adebay 14xxx he had his interview exactly when his number was current.