• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

jcloud

Please, let all know that most of us 2008 winners are just getting used to this thread of a thing. Sincerely until yesterday, I did not understand how this things work, but I now know there is a thread dedicated for 2008 winners.
Well as per the lady (no string attached), the family she belongs happen to be one of my tenants, and really feel for them for the "lost" opportunity. As I said in 2007 winners forum, I will never be part of anything fraudulent, I thought possibly someone with similar experience exist. The candid advise of you all will be passed to the family this weekend, actually I printed that on the 2007 winners thread.
When do you think my number will be current 2008AF000004xx? KCC confirmed receipt of my forms. When will I get the second letter? Which hospital in Nigeria carry out the medical? Is it done on weekend? please pardon me for the many questions I am changing job and don't know if my boss will give me time to do the runs during office hours. Also on my wife GCE certificate which she used to get her Polytechnic admission (Diploma), Waec quoted wrong date of birth. Any problem.
Thanks for your response on the Affidavit of Support of a thing.
Modest, joyful, jrcies, Baba Aladura, others thanks for been there.

Thank God u understand how the whole thing work now, so other members can also benefit from ur contributions.

if ur case numeber is less than 500 as u wrote then u should be among the first set that will be interviewed, say between oct and Dec 2007. ur 2nd letter is suppose to get to u a month before the date of ur inerview.
i dont know if they do medicals on sundays, but u go beg ur oga, because u still need days off for ur interview and pick up.

Did ur wife complain to WAEC then and did she get a document to back it up, if not and if she does not have a passport or any other document quoting her age, u may have to adopt the new age that WAEC has given her and maitain it. Stories always sound like lies to the people at the embassy so u try as u can to avoid it.

But from the look of things u have quoted her right age during the entry and submission of the package, so now ur wife will write letter and add copy of her birth cert and deliver in person to WAEC, they may have to make her a letter stating anything.

House I beg contribute

No problem

Please, let all know that most of us 2008 winners are just getting used to this thread of a thing. Sincerely until yesterday, I did not understand how this things work, but I now know there is a thread dedicated for 2008 winners.
Well as per the lady (no string attached), the family she belongs happen to be one of my tenants, and really feel for them for the "lost" opportunity. As I said in 2007 winners forum, I will never be part of anything fraudulent, I thought possibly someone with similar experience exist. The candid advise of you all will be passed to the family this weekend, actually I printed that on the 2007 winners thread.
When do you think my number will be current 2008AF000004xx? KCC confirmed receipt of my forms. When will I get the second letter? Which hospital in Nigeria carry out the medical? Is it done on weekend? please pardon me for the many questions I am changing job and don't know if my boss will give me time to do the runs during office hours. Also on my wife GCE certificate which she used to get her Polytechnic admission (Diploma), Waec quoted wrong date of birth. Any problem.
Thanks for your response on the Affidavit of Support of a thing.
Modest, joyful, jrcies, Baba Aladura, others thanks for been there.
As Modest noted with a number of 5xx, you will most likely be current and interviewed in October [going by previous visa bulletins] so get all your documents in order.
Because of the erratic mail system in Nigeria, you may never get the second letter. To avoid missing your interview date, keep checking the DOS website
for update on the visa bulletin to confirm when your nummber becomes current http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3009.html and once your number is current, start calling the KCC to get confirmation of your interview date. Some of the stuff in the second package can be sent to you by e-mail.
If the mail system works well, you can get the second package 2-4 weeks before the interview.
As Modest suggested, send a letter to WAEC to fix your wife's date of birth.
However, based on your old posts, you are the winner [not your wife]; therefore, the Embassy is only interested in your papers. They will not look at your wife's papers.

Thanks Modest and Baba Aladura for your responses. She did not complain, I will definitely get in touch with WAEC officially as you have suggested. I filled in her correct age in all our coresspondences with KCC. I will keep in touch with the Visa Bulletin.

Helo house

So good to see everybody doing so well.Just keep it up ok.

I have a question here.I am in about to wed and i intend to send my marriage certificate to kcc after the wedding.My problem now is that i detest the official name that my husband has been using since his childhood days.I have been persuading him to go for a change of name b4 our wedding cos i believe there is power in names.He has accepted is almost in the process of doing that..pls do u think it is wise especially with this lottery of thing since all his documents bear the old name,

madam

So good to see everybody doing so well.Just keep it up ok.

I have a question here.I am in about to wed and i intend to send my marriage certificate to kcc after the wedding.My problem now is that i detest the official name that my husband has been using since his childhood days.I have been persuading him to go for a change of name b4 our wedding cos i believe there is power in names.He has accepted is almost in the process of doing that..pls do u think it is wise especially with this lottery of thing since all his documents bear the old name,

you need to be very careful about change of name now, that meaning in that name could be addressed spiritually for now. hold on, and change the name together after marriage in the states, my candid advice, house pls say something

The New Nigerian Passport

I thot this might also be of benefit to DV 2008 winners, so i decided to post this here to.

Hi everyone,

Have u heard about the new nigerian passport? we all have to change the passport within one year. it's the new biometric ecowas passport. Find attached a flier i got from the immigration office.

I called the numbers on this flier to let them know that i just made a new passport and the person i spoke with said even if i just i made a new passport that i have one year to change to the new passport. It will be done online now. You fill the forms online, pay to zenith bank or any other bank they are using, take the payment no, fill ur forms online and there and then, you will be given an appointment to come and collect your passport in person at the immigration office. For those already abroad, they have to go to the Nigerian embassy to do theirs.

You guys should download and lets share this. The file is a pdf file. You need adobe acrobat reader. I tried attaching it in jpeg picture format for those without adobe but it kept giving me invalid file. so we are left with the pdf.

Thanks

I thot this might also be of benefit to DV 2008 winners, so i decided to post this here to.

Hi everyone,

Have u heard about the new nigerian passport? we all have to change the passport within one year. it's the new biometric ecowas passport. Find attached a flier i got from the immigration office.

I called the numbers on this flier to let them know that i just made a new passport and the person i spoke with said even if i just i made a new passport that i have one year to change to the new passport. It will be done online now. You fill the forms online, pay to zenith bank or any other bank they are using, take the payment no, fill ur forms online and there and then, you will be given an appointment to come and collect your passport in person at the immigration office. For those already abroad, they have to go to the Nigerian embassy to do theirs.

You guys should download and lets share this. The file is a pdf file. You need adobe acrobat reader. I tried attaching it in jpeg picture format for those without adobe but it kept giving me invalid file. so we are left with the pdf.
Thanks, we will follow-up. I only hope it will meet US and EU specifications, since these folks have their own standards.

Medical cost.

Please how much will the medical cost be for a family of three, husband, wife and a daughter under three years of age? please advise so that we know what amount to get ready. Please someone should confirm whether VISA fee per individual remains $800.
Thanks,
J cloud

Please how much will the medical cost be for a family of three, husband, wife and a daughter under three years of age? please advise so that we know what amount to get ready. Please someone should confirm whether VISA fee per individual remains $800.
Thanks,
J cloud

medical cost for adult this year is 15,800 or there about, i dont know for children.
Visa fee if $755 for individual for now,

house pls contribute

yeah

hi evryone
my name is martn . i won the lottery 2008 and i was just strollin thru the web and caught up wit u guys . its nice to know
my case no is 3*** , aint sure when my interview letter will come .
and i also want to know . if your name was misplaced like having your first name as your middle name . does that jeopardise your chances

luv u all

martin :p

if i got u right

hi evryone
my name is martn . i won the lottery 2008 and i was just strollin thru the web and caught up wit u guys . its nice to know
my case no is 3*** , aint sure when my interview letter will come .
and i also want to know . if your name was misplaced like having your first name as your middle name . does that jeopardise your chances

luv u all

martin :p

welcom on board
if ur name is place are immigration portal nigeria instaed of immigration nigeria portal, immigartion being ur surname it is ok, ones u have the two names in ur birth cert