• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Try this

J Cloud. I think all u need to do is to write Kcc telling them the changes u wants to make and also the reason behind it. remember to state your Full name , Case number and dob ask them to help you and update the changes in your Dv data base..they will be the one to give the final help u need.

thanks Modest for your answer to ma quest. but why are they interested in mathematics?.

happy sunday to u all

Thanks, actually we shoulg get use to all in the house. Please how do I change the address in the forms sent to KCC since my Sponsor reside in another state outside where I intend to stay. Please I need an urgent response, for time is not on my side. What do they mean by Point Of Entry (POE)?
Thanks the whole house.

Oga dont worry ur self now, where do u intend to stay ans where is ur sponsor.
u can enter any where, they will send ur green card to u as far as say na us
chill

Thank you my brother, pls you have not explained what POE means. I have filled in to stay in MD available Sponsors are residing in New York and Boston. Someone said your POE must be where your Sponsor reside. Pls clarify.
Thanks always.

Thank you my brother, pls you have not explained what POE means. I have filled in to stay in MD available Sponsors are residing in New York and Boston. Someone said your POE must be where your Sponsor reside. Pls clarify.
Thanks always.

POE, is Port of Entry!!!:D like you rightly said. this should be the state, you will like to use in entering U.S.
Take for instance,if you want to enter U.S through NY, then your POE would be JKF.

It is not a must your sponsor must resides at where your POE should be

read the thread

J Cloud. I think all u need to do is to write Kcc telling them the changes u wants to make and also the reason behind it. remember to state your Full name , Case number and dob ask them to help you and update the changes in your Dv data base..they will be the one to give the final help u need.

thanks Modest for your answer to ma quest. but why are they interested in mathematics?.

happy sunday to u all
if u go back to the forum u will see the documents

mathematics is important becos nigeria also req maths to be able to get admission, so they demand what nigeria also ask u to provide, so that is the rquirment for schol cert pass

Pass

Please i heard someone comment on a composory credit on english and mathmatics @ O"level. It that for real?.

I have a P.7 in English language . A graduate of Engineering.

Hope the P.7 in English will not disqualify me @ the interview.Back in time P.7 was duly accepted for admision in Engineering departments.

I need reponse.

CN 2008AF 7xxx

na so

Please i heard someone comment on a composory credit on english and mathmatics @ O"level. It that for real?.

I have a P.7 in English language . A graduate of Engineering.

Hope the P.7 in English will not disqualify me @ the interview.Back in time P.7 was duly accepted for admision in Engineering departments.

I need reponse.

CN 2008AF 7xxx

you see the whole thing depends on how u carry ur self, since school cert is not ur highest qualification, u may be able to prove a point,
i dont know when u got addmission, but those days, u do not need to have a cerdit is english to study some science and social science courses.

So u could explain that ur school did not make credit in english language compulsory.

like in my experience, i did not even submit my school cert not to talk of the number of credits and they did not ask me

POE, is Port of Entry!!!:D like you rightly said. this should be the state, you will like to use in entering U.S.
Take for instance,if you want to enter U.S through NY, then your POE would be JKF.

It is not a must your sponsor must resides at where your POE should be

You don't specify Airport Code for POE but City/State. i.e. New York City/N.Y. where the Airport is based.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't specify Airport Code for POE but City/State. i.e. New York City/N.Y. where the Airport is based.

AIR PORTS ARE CALLED BY DIFF NAMES, NOY NECESSARITY THE NAME OF THE CITY MMA IS IN LAGOS AND IS CALLED MMA NOT LAGOS AIR PORT

isuue on waec

thanks modest for you efforts

i will like us to harmonize the issue of this waec very well so that some people can learn from it

i have three certificates now.
the first one after graduating from six yrs secondary school but the result was not good. the second one is external exam GCE. is not good also but i have maths and some others there. then the last one is okay i have up to 6 credits including English but no maths. so i make use of the two last result for admission.
but during filling kcc form where they asked school attended and result obtained. i filled the first school and the last school . excluding the GCE because i assumed that GCE has no school.
but now if kcc wants English and maths that means i have to bring the GCE. IS THAT NOT UP TO THREE CERTS NOW. or what do u think should be done.
use the only last two?

thanks house.

Yah

thanks modest for you efforts

i will like us to harmonize the issue of this waec very well so that some people can learn from it

i have three certificates now.
the first one after graduating from six yrs secondary school but the result was not good. the second one is external exam GCE. is not good also but i have maths and some others there. then the last one is okay i have up to 6 credits including English but no maths. so i make use of the two last result for admission.
but during filling kcc form where they asked school attended and result obtained. i filled the first school and the last school . excluding the GCE because i assumed that GCE has no school.
but now if kcc wants English and maths that means i have to bring the GCE. IS THAT NOT UP TO THREE CERTS NOW. or what do u think should be done.
use the only last two?

thanks house.
USE THE LAST TWO, IF U HAVE THEIR CERTIFICATES NO QUAMS, BUT IF NOT U HAVE TO GO TO WAEC HEAD OFFICE IN LAGOS TO GET WAEC VERIFICATIONS FOR THE TWO WHICH MAY COST N5,000 EACH

Thanks

your right i think i will do just that. since i have my OND cert to solidify the whole things. how is every body in the house doing. Please house, if you know any body who is a lucky winner 2008 dv but does not know this web site try to let him or her know about this forum so that the person can follow us and enjoy the good lectures we are getting here.
thanks all

Help

Congrats once again to everybody that has gotten their visas , i also want to wish those going for their interviews all the best.
Please i will like to get ur advice on some issues .My hubby noticed that he did not put N/A in some places and also we filled our names into where the petitioners name should be so he sent a mail to kcc ,its been up to a week now but no reply ,couid it be possible he did not send it properly?:confused: Please let me know de best way to do it.
Secondly we did not paste our pictures but only enclosed it in an envelope with our names at de back ,Is that how its to be done? Please ur opinion is very important.Thanks

Congrats once again to everybody that has gotten their visas , i also want to wish those going for their interviews all the best.
Please i will like to get ur advice on some issues .My hubby noticed that he did not put N/A in some places and also we filled our names into where the petitioners name should be so he sent a mail to kcc ,its been up to a week now but no reply ,couid it be possible he did not send it properly?:confused: Please let me know de best way to do it.
Secondly we did not paste our pictures but only enclosed it in an envelope with our names at de back ,Is that how its to be done? Please ur opinion is very important.Thanks

All your question has nothing to worry about,
1. the N/A mean not applicable, since you did not write anything no wahala
2.. whether you paste you passport photograph or not it doesn't matter
what matters is your name at the back which you have done in case the passport fall off they can use the name to attach it to respective forms
so no wahala at all put your mind at rest.

hello,everyone.what is the

am also a winner 2008.i received mind letter by 4th april 2007.i just want to know if thre is any way of prepararing for the interview.

For the interview I GUESS

Just practice the the questions you thing they may ask you try to repeat them clearly in english get all ALL your docs ready. At least that is waht im doing however even I have spoken english since high school I still get very nervous and also im trying to find good answers to questions.

Anxiety however is my biggest headache right now you now getting the NL letter is the best but it is also the worst because it leaves you in a limbo state...however i Suposse it is better now than before where an applicant didn't have internet to research or couldnt even contact the KCC.

my good people in the house happy to tune in again for the week. be happy and rejoice if you are among 2008 dv lucky winner. in not more then two weeks now the trumpet of 2008 dv bulletin shall sound and all the low number candidate shall be raised. don't panic don't be nervous

Every time you are anxious, you have the opportunity to come face-to-face with the illusion itself. It is analogous to a ghost. It may scare you, but it can't hurt you. It can't stay forever, either. It's short lasting and may be interesting to observe. If you learn to accept the anxiety, if you let it come whenever it wants, it will disappear. Do not let it control your life.

lets watch and pray..

List of questions

am also a winner 2008.i received mind letter by 4th april 2007.i just want to know if thre is any way of prepararing for the interview.
Hi Reeshy,
There is a list of questions posted on this thread by Modest. Review them and get comfortable with answering them. Also review the 2007 Nigerian thread, it contains the interview experience of the dv-07 folks.
Most importantly make sure your documents are ready and updated [eg if your passport is expired].
Finally make sure you arrive on time for the interview; at least 2 of our people got rescheduled because they arrived late due to traffic jam.
There is not much else.
If you don't have any issues with your documents, your interview tends to be easy since the visa officers are straightforward [you don't need to "see" them] and they will approve you if you are eligible.
By the way, I hope you have your GCE/School cert. This is the easiest way to qualify. Folks trying to qualify thru job experience have been running into trouble at the embassy.
Above all, pray to God, since man may propose, but God has the final answer.

Baba ALADURA or anybody in d house,which of HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT BOARD birth record or NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSIONS BIRTH RECORD is best for interview.
ONORIODE G.O
CASE NUMBER 2008AF00002XXX

Good August

happy to be here today,

more especially those of them whose this month will mark a begging into a new year in their life. my BD comes up this month...
cheers...

please copy and past into this forum any resent interview had by our senior colleges

thanks